test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lostmauth 3/3 set bonus.

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
you guys have fixed the problem with multi proccing, more or less.

but you guys need to REMOVE THE AMPLIFIERS of that, the damage from lostmauth gets buffed from it.
this needs to be fixed. so the damage wont multiply making lostmauth set doing exageratte damage of over 100k unmitigated damage, this should be tonned down.
Post edited by metalldjt on

Comments

• Options
    kosmos1988kosmos1988 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unmitigated damage = PVE, PVP = Mitigatable! Even tho it might perform "miracles" in PVE it will not perform those kind of miracles in PVP
  • Options
    hallacatthallacatt Member Posts: 38
    edited May 2015
    Im not really sure what to say about the lostmauth set at this point but I will say this:

In pve, it is BIS for every single dps class whether you can use the stats on the belt or not. I think that shows that something is out of line. For most classes its 15-25% of your dps. For some it can be upwards of 30%. If anyone wants to dispute this fact I will be more than happy to provide ACT logs of every dungeon run I do over the next week to satisfy you. Caster/melee -> doesnt matter. This is the best PVE dps set hands down, and I think thats a problem.
  • Options
    gweddrygweddry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    While I haven't gone through any ACT logs yet, there must be a good reason everyone uses it now, pve or pvp.
    In pve, it is BIS for every single dps class whether you can use the stats on the belt or not.
    That's just not right. I would suggest nerf to the point where players really have to benefit from the stats the set gives to make it worth using, not just pick it up because of the set bonus and not care about anything else.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    So far, Ive only ever seen a GWF lostmauth proc approach 100k but having said that, its not very relevant. Any class can produce a steady stream of 20-50k procs non-stop when you build around it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just so my position is clear, I dont think it should be toned down until there are a LOT of pve buffs thrown around OR dungeons are rebalanced. GWF DPS in PVE is in a great place right now and honestly I think that gwf dps with the set should be the bar they should use to measure/balance the other dps classes against. T2 dungeons require that level of damage output to actually feel like a fun game rather than an exercise in masochism. After some semblance of fun is restored to running dungeons THEN they can take a look at things like this. Just my opinion. I have no comments with regards to PVP at this time.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hallacatt wrote: »
    Just so my position is clear, I dont think it should be toned down until there are a LOT of pve buffs thrown around OR dungeons are rebalanced. GWF DPS in PVE is in a great place right now and honestly I think that gwf dps with the set should be the bar they should use to measure/balance the other dps classes against. T2 dungeons require that level of damage output to actually feel like a fun game rather than an exercise in masochism. After some semblance of fun is restored to running dungeons THEN they can take a look at things like this. Just my opinion. I have no comments with regards to PVP at this time.

YOU have already buffs FOR tier 2 run

1.Devoted cleric: divine glow:buff debuff heal.
    Astral shield:40% damage resistance and mitigate damage empowered.
    hallowed ground 20%damage resistance and damage.
    2.guardian fighter: into the fray : equal to his damage resistance is his damage buff+ action points generation during the buff and speed.
    knight valor 40% damage resistance and guardian fighter get the half damage of the players and build bonus threat.AND ofcourse the combat advantage from mark and tide of iron debuff.
    renegade wizard has also town of buffs and also does and control hunter ranger with longstrider shot + the fox cunning gwf sw pure damage dealers.
    paladins with wow of enmity bane circle of power.BUFFS are available think how to use them:)
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    you guys have fixed the problem with multi proccing, more or less.

but you guys need to REMOVE THE AMPLIFIERS of that, the damage from lostmauth gets buffed from it.
    this needs to be fixed. so the damage wont multiply making lostmauth set doing exageratte damage of over 100k unmitigated damage, this should be tonned down.

Then it doesnt change the fact that its even BETTER for classes like TR/CW that can get 100% crit chance.

Better solution would be to add an ICD on it, leave amplifiers, then address classes that can get crazy amplifiers (like GWF) and tone then back while increasing base damage.

NO class should have more than 100% damage amplifier. Period. So if a class has more than 100% (not from Power or STR) then it needs to be addressed by they need to deal DOUBLE the damage to have their damage be "inline". If a class needs 100% damage bonus, what they REALLY need is an increase in base damage instead and a REMOVAL of some damage bonuses.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    metalldjt wrote: »
    ^ exactly!
    and fyi there are players that can even make it procc for 200k, so its not just BS like other says.
    so in other words some of the amplifiers should be removed.
    to be tonned down, the only amplifier that needs to be there should be
    damage bonus from power for example.
    things like destroyer purpose and focused destroyer that give more 102.5% damage bonus to the GWF class should not affect the lostmauth set.
    in other words, this needs to be tonned down.

Or they shouldnt be there AT ALL!

Remove the whole **** damage bonus from both feats for all I care and then give GWFs 100% increase to BASE damage. Net same spot.

All these damage bonuses are just ****! ITs ruining the game.
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    always the same cry only because some one is ahead of you in paingiver . why i dont see any complaint about how OP can be better than gf ? oh thats because who takes more dmg doenst interest me, i want to be in top of paingiver so i can fell that im good in something.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This set is indeed completely broken/OP and deserves to be hit with the nerf hammer pretty hard. I'm in the process of collecting logs to provide more data. So far the worse case is GWFs, already top damage without lostmauth, but now with +30% extra, free damage with it. CWs, +20-25%, TRs, +20%. Still need SWs and HRs logs to make my point, but I suspect the buff will be somewhat similar.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The set is ridiculous and I refuse to use it or encourage people to use it. It needs an instant nerf right the heck now. It should NOT be affected by anything, buff/debuff/armpen, simply straight out weapon damage and that's it. I've seen 100k's flying on a proc it's just hilarious. To me it's an exploit like all others and is not working as intended. And if it is, something's super wrong here.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think the set is working right for HR now that gushing wound is fixed to not multiproc it. It does around 8-10% of my overall dps on my trapper, with 50+% crit chance on my char sheet.

I'll try and get some logs for pve and pvp.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    bastardangelbastardangel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have an idea - delete all buffs, form all items / sets / feats & do the same abilities for all - then everything will be great :cool:
    ...then anyway someone starts to cry, and beg for nerfs for players ;>
  • Options
    generalcolegeneralcole Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    agreed with the orginal post!
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It just need some adjustment so it's more or less the same dps bonus for all specs. Current version is broken as it makes some classes obsolete.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its best in slot for CW/SW too yet its str/dex on belt, that shows it should have some tuning.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    digoliftdigolift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    so what if a set gives to much dmg ? i love when theres ppl using one in my party and the dungeons goes faster
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They've been quiet on the subject.. I'm hoping today's(?) patch (is it coming? ;D) tones down the damage a little bit.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to start shopping for lostmauth artifacts. Anyone have a Hoard Necklace cheap? ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They've been quiet on the subject.. I'm hoping today's(?) patch (is it coming? ;D) tones down the damage a little bit.

Otherwise I'm gonna have to start shopping for lostmauth artifacts. Anyone have a Hoard Necklace cheap? ;D

They cant "tone it down a little bit" the only way to fix this was be remove damage bonuses affecting it which will cut the damage of the set by like 2/3rds meaning itll deal literally ~ 1/3rd the damage it does now for most classes. Thats not a little bit anyways.

I have posted the REAL solution and that would be to add an ICD to it, so a class (this is JUST ONE EXAMPLE) TR cant spam COS in stealth and get a proc every time. With ~ 4-5 sec CD, it would be MORE fair for MORE classes without hurting damage as much.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    They cant "tone it down a little bit" the only way to fix this was be remove damage bonuses affecting it which will cut the damage of the set by like 2/3rds meaning itll deal literally ~ 1/3rd the damage it does now for most classes. Thats not a little bit anyways.

I have posted the REAL solution and that would be to add an ICD to it, so a class (this is JUST ONE EXAMPLE) TR cant spam COS in stealth and get a proc every time. With ~ 4-5 sec CD, it would be MORE fair for MORE classes without hurting damage as much.

I'm refusing to use the set and my damage is wonderfully fine. I still outperform every single lostmauth set user, I think people will be fine without broken 25% of their DPS taken away. No ICD, just a nerf bat. Think of PVE, it can crit up to 100k A PROC. Just like they did to Deep Gash. No external buffs, can't crit, that's it. 2k a proc and there we go, a perfectly balanced set that's on par with the other sets in-game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It's working just about right for HRs, here's a screenshot from the tiamat that I just attempted, I was using feytouched, which buffs my attack, but it should be buffing lostmauth's vengence too, so wouldn't have been much different with another enchant. I also have about 57% crit chance on char sheet not counting crit chance from serpent stacks.

As you can see there's a lot of crit, and the set still only contributes to 6% of my overall dps. It's usually around 8% in most normal fights that I'm in. I was trying out something, so somehow it was a bit lower in this fight.

H7i8Hnh.png

I'll run some with my TR and post some results for that as well.

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Here's on for my TR in a PvP, does about 13% of my overall dps, which doesn't seem that bad. However I was not running the staying in stealth and cast CoS as I don't find that fun at all.

7crLAiM.png

• Options
    edited May 2015
    macjae wrote: »
    It needs a pretty substantial nerf, to the point where it's not strictly better than every other set for pretty much every class, but rather just one of several viable ones.
    I agree. There are two ways to Nerf it.

1) make it a flat weapon damage proc. No damage modifiers.
    Issue: This benefits classes that can stack crit higher than others (like TR or CW).

2) put an ICD on it. Around 3seconds should work.
    I think this is the best option. It levels out which classes get the best benefit. A TR or CWs crit advantage is gone. Classes with slower attack speed like GF gain almost as much benefit as others now.

This would bring the total damage down <10% for MOST classes (I think CW might still be over 10% but IDK).
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    *some snippage*

1) make it a flat weapon damage proc.

2) put an ICD on it. Around 3seconds should work.

This would bring the total damage down <10% for MOST classes (I think CW might still be over 10% but IDK).

Or, idk, remove the damage by proc altogether and make it a flat increase to Crit Severity (say somewhere along the 5-10% mark)