test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

feelings and resume for the warlock in mod 6

schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Nine Hells
as written above what is your actual impression about our class in PVE content, focussed on dungeons and your role as a striker class?
is there a place for the warlock, or do you even outperform other classes?
Post edited by schietindebux on

Comments

• Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kinda like the old gwf really gear and skill dependent. like me i try to play the class but im undergeared and new so i dont do well but my friend a youtuber has rank 8s and perfect enchants or higher and is able to dominate in pvp and pve. but since your mostly talking about pve he does great there too. i dont.
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm.

As a damnation spec warlock, now respecced to mod 6 gear, I think life is about borderline decent in PvE, at least when I don't think too hard about what some other classes get up to, and taking into account what I tend to do (at most IWD / Dread Ring, don't really go into dungeons). There is a lot more difficulty, yes, but it's not completely horrible most of the time - there are enemies that need to be approached extremely carefully (thayan servitors) and ones that are just a murder on feet; do not try when alone (polar bears), but I feel that might get better once my gear improves further - it's the simple math of getting hit too hard to regenerate in between.

What I dislike most is long casting animations getting in the way of tactics and perhaps the damage most powers (asides from perhaps dreadtheft) deal (actually, that combines with the first, in a way - given what risk I'm generally taking by standing to deploy something, it should pay off a bit more) - the puppet is in fact responsible for most of my damage output, and that's without the bug so about 11k per hit.

I would so love Arms of Hadar as a breather-provider, if it didn't have the stupidly long activation, making it fit only for slamdown of already busy foes, as ones attacking you tend to move out of the way.

Don't do PvP - tried back in mod 5 a couple times, found it somewhat... onesidedly painful x3.
  • Options
    pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    The only class I've seen so far that requires a high skill level and "gear score" to be good at anything. Players don't realize (at least I don't think they do) that SW needs an immense amount of time and patience to master, unlike CW or TR who get easy passes at level 1.

I'm one of those players that really enjoys a challenge in any RPG setting. SW so far has been the only class to give me that. I'll continue to play it no matter how bad it gets.

Don't let the current meta steer you at of your comfort zone because it's not "popular" or "effective". If you enjoy SW play it. If not, re-roll something else. Simple

My opinion
  • Options
    vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »
    The only class I've seen so far that requires a high skill level and "gear score" to be good at anything. Players don't realize (at least I don't think they do) that SW needs an immense amount of time and patience to master, unlike CW or TR who get easy passes at level 1.

I'm one of those players that really enjoys a challenge in any RPG setting. SW so far has been the only class to give me that. I'll continue to play it no matter how bad it gets.

Don't let the current meta steer you at of your comfort zone because it's not "popular" or "effective". If you enjoy SW play it. If not, re-roll something else. Simple

My opinion

Heh, it's one of the things I like in Mod 6 - while we got screwed too, it seems that in PvE, all the classes require a good deal of l2p, which is something we had to do back in mod 5 already, to some extent, leading to fun situation like me helping a CW with a quest (portal to tuern, the first non-daily one) and pretty much ending up soloing the boss after he got knocked out and went O.O and wtf at me XD
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    pycon929 wrote: »

My opinion

see the sad thing is u suck as a cw. i cannot play the class for my life. but hr gwf gf etc. i rock at.
  • Options
    archiewindarchiewind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Was having a blast playing my SW... come check out the forums find out i'm gimped :(.... :)
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well as an SW I can say that not having a shield or teleport or a dodge or even a stealth does make life interesting.Even more so when our base defense Life Steel got smacked with a Nerf hammer.And yes being a magic class one can measure or casting time with an hour glass.But if one wants to learn its not what you don't have but what you do that can make or break yeah. And the feeling of still being able to get the job done .And at the end of your daily missions just drop the mic and walk away. Because things can only get better. :)