What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.8

13»

Comments

• ecinsaneecinsane Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So, hopefully a few (if somewhat repetitive) points:

1. If NW came out today, with these problems, I suspect it would die a hideous and unremarked death. Only the pre-existing player base allows the game to continue (which is kind of tautological, but I hope you seem my point).

2. Once upon a time, and perhaps I'm remembering with rose-colored glasses, there was a company called Cryptic which produced a game called City of Heroes. The devs (or their reps) for that game acknowledged problems (or actually explained why they were not problems) and tried to give some semblance of a timeline for fixes to the problems. I still wonder what happened to that company.

3. Scaling levels? Not too long ago, there was this concept (Tyranny of Dragons content) that allowed players of varied levels to go into a zone and fight the same mobs regardless of level, with a relatively similar level of difficulty regardless of character level (Tyranny area in Neverdeath, anyone?). It was the mobs that scaled, not the players. Something similar was done in another game (COH) with various zone events (e.g., Rikti Invasion)
    Now, we seem to have this horribly flawed scaling method where the players scale (not the mobs) and end up either under or over powered. Hmm. Seems a re-think is needed here.

4. When I play an rpg of any kind, I have this expectation that my character will get more powerful as it levels not less. And yet, now, post level 60, I see my character getting vastly less powerful. My various numbers, are getting lower and lower. That is a VERY serious fundamental flaw.
    One regular world minion level mob being a serious threat to my 60+ character is a bad design. Elite (HE or dungeon) content difficulty... well, I die too fast to really assess it. It is, almost, laughable.

5. Dungeons, we used to have many of them, now they've been taken away. Rather than gradually updating and replacing them the devs removed content. That is an odd move for any developer. Rather than using a scaling method and changing the loot tables to allow everyone into the dungeons, as seemed to be the intent, , we simply lost content (as far as scaling method, either the previous functioning method, or even, goodness help us, the new flawed one would have been more acceptable) .

6. Bugs, lag, and more bugs. We, the players, hate it. I'm sure the devs hate it. Just say no to all of it. Version control (no old bugs coming back for a rematch); smaller numbers of changes at any one time; data mining!!; testing, testing, and, more testing; and, when adjusting power/class potency, smaller changes, tune, don't destroy, if one small change doesn't change the numbers enough, then add a second small change; communicate the intent and plan behind all this to the player base (and ignore the obvious whiners).

7. In case it wasn't clear before, COMMUNICATE. One person writing to tell the community about the plan (please let there be a plan) and the time (please let there be a timeline) is a huge palliative for all of us (devs and players) and takes very few resources. Stick to the plan/timeline (at worst explaining why things are taking longer than hoped) and trust is built. Leave the community in the dark and... well the alternative should be obvious at this point.
    Note, a second part of the communication is listening to valid community concerns.

All this doesn't seem too terribly much to ask for imo. Complex, yes. Difficult, perhaps yes. But reasonable expectations.
    Mistakes happen. A trusting community understands that and makes allowances. Let's get it together and move on.
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd like to add that the random disconnects are still happening. Twice already this morning. Makes the desire to join a PvP match pretty much nada in fear of being banned due to the disconnects happening regularly.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • bittynationbittynation Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance:

Updated collision around Gauntylgrim Capture Points to prevent players from getting stuck in them.

[/LIST]

This has not been fixed... It just happened to me in a GG game. TR was inside capture point and couldn't be targeted. Needs to be fixed!

Edit: This was at node number 4, seen another TR use the exploit again. Seems to be mostly used to get NPC kills.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is still broken! Here is what is happening with just my Paladin, other toons have similar issues as well, especially the ones that were at lvl60 prior to MOD 6 release. :mad:
    Ioun Stone of Radiance without enchantments has these specs at level 24.75 with 5 of 6 slots available:

Base Stat

Profane 8
    Empowered 7
    Arcane 7
    Loyal Defender

<-Slotted Values
    Draconic8 & Dark9
    Deepscars Girdle
    Ring 2 (slot still locked)
    Proposed Total
    Actual Total

Health

DS=600

LS

DS=75

Regen

Deflect

Defense

DS=75

Recov

ArPen

OS=330

CritStk

Power

As you can see I am not receiving the bonus Health, LS, and Defense from the slotted items and/or their enchantments. I know from examining the rest of my stats on all 4 toons that there are a lot more stats NOT giving the correct increases. It's no wonder survivability is so broken in this game. This is one example of many that are broken.

For those who spend real money to improve our toons, we are NOT getting what we pay for. We are being ripped off and the statement of them saying they have fixed it is incorrect. I'm so tired of being ripped off and lied to!

Edited.... Loyal Defender, not Loyal Avenger ring is slotted.

Triple-stat enchantments (Black Ice and Draconic) aren't working in companions. I can't imagine how they managed to break it, but break it they did.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • echeydeecheyde Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.

In previous versions the key is not needed, which was a big plus ...Now even during the event if necessary.

For what purpose?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [*]Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.

I'd like to point out that part of the "campaign rework" was to "provide an alternate means of leveling for level 60 characters".

So yeah, good job on that one.
  • kriseinkrisein Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is still broken! Here is what is happening with just my Paladin, other toons have similar issues as well, especially the ones that were at lvl60 prior to MOD 6 release. :mad:
    Ioun Stone of Radiance without enchantments has these specs at level 24.75 with 5 of 6 slots available:

Base Stat

Profane 8
    Empowered 7
    Arcane 7
    Loyal Defender

<-Slotted Values
    Draconic8 & Dark9
    Deepscars Girdle
    Ring 2 (slot still locked)
    Proposed Total
    Actual Total

Health

DS=600

LS

DS=75

Regen

Deflect

Defense

DS=75

Recov

ArPen

OS=330

CritStk

Power

As you can see I am not receiving the bonus Health, LS, and Defense from the slotted items and/or their enchantments. I know from examining the rest of my stats on all 4 toons that there are a lot more stats NOT giving the correct increases. It's no wonder survivability is so broken in this game. This is one example of many that are broken.

For those who spend real money to improve our toons, we are NOT getting what we pay for. We are being ripped off and the statement of them saying they have fixed it is incorrect. I'm so tired of being ripped off and lied to!

Edited.... Loyal Defender, not Loyal Avenger ring is slotted.

when mod 6 launched i immediately upgraded my black dragon ioun stone to legendary thinking that it would give me higher stats. boy i was mistaken. twice now, they have said that they fixed it. but in reality it's still not working as intended. i am beginning to accept the fact that i wasted 1m AD for the:rolleyes: downgrade (pun intended)..
    It's more fun in the Philippines >:)
  • xoxkymxoxxoxkymxox Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance:

Classes and Balance
    Control Wizard:
    • Frost Wave: No longer plays the Level Up FX repeatedly when triggered.
    • Spell Twisting Feat: This feat no longer resets cooldowns on powers that it should not.
    Devoted Cleric:
    • Hammer of Fate: No longer improperly interacts with Hastening Light and the Hastening Light offhand Artifact, granting more Action Points than expected.
    Hunter Ranger:
    • Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

Content and Environment
    • Campaigns: The level up wizard will no longer recommend players to go to the new campaign zones until level 70. Talking to Knox will still allow players to access the zones if desired.
    • Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.
    • Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.
    • Tiamat's Hoard: Donating may be done after it reaches 100%.
    • Updated collision around Gauntylgrim Capture Points to prevent players from getting stuck in them.

Items and Economy
    • Companions: Augment companions once again have base stats.
    • Dragon Cult Pack: now Binds on Equip like other bags.
    • Paladin Elemental Fire Artifact Weapon: The Aura of Truth class feature properly respects Crowd Control Resistance now.
    • Professions: Mailsmithing: Resolved an issue wherein rank 25 mailsmithing armor kits were expecting plates instead of rings in their recipe.
    • Seals: The tooltips on both Seal of the Elements and Seal of the Protector now specify where they may be used, what they may be used to purchase, and where they may be obtained."
    • Unique items that are slotted in an item that is consumed through refinement or other means will no longer be marked as being owned so they can be claimed again.

User Interface
    • Refinement: When a stack of refined items crit the proper RP granted will be displayed instead of displaying as though the whole stack had crit.

omg so you in eCC you fix the balc and now the nets but yet you dont fix damage the mobs do as balc and nets were the only way to do eCC, you maight call them bugs or exploits but we call it the only way as mod6 has completely put the game out of reach, before mod 6 I had 12 toons worked my behind off for over 12months getting all in VT set and other sets only to find now completely useless and cant even solo sharandar or dread ring. have now reitred most toons as just no point doing them anymore and now only have 3 toons would like to continue with but now thats almost impossble due to mod6 being the worst mod ever and you us to look forward to another new mod without making mod6 even slighly do-able are you trying to make us all leave my freinds list has gone from over 500 to just 14 active players and thye mainly do pvp which I dont do. you realy need to put dread ring back sharandar back and iwd back as you enter them at lvl 60 why are they lvl 70+, Tia cant be done so thats off my list to enjoy now realy dont have much left and now you "fixed" the nets in Ecc, I do not have thouusands of $$ to spend on life heals from Zen as you need to buy then every few secs due to the omg amount of damage done, and haveing 105k hp dont help when heal potions only do 10k heal and a limbless zombie can 1 shot for over 100k back that up with an archer 1 shoting for 100k honestly you all need to let go and have someone who understands loyal players, you want poeple to spend more $$ but if they dont enjoy a game they wont spend on the game I know I wont no piont if I cant do anything before mod6 I didnt mind spending $$ as I enjoyed the game now like so many others whats the piont so instead of a new mod fix the old if you have to add a mod then new map new story line fine but dont kill the old atleast then we have something if we dont like new mod atm we have nothing much at all
  • tomiri2525tomiri2525 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    All of these bugs and still the white elephant in the room THE DX BUG is still here keeping me from playing...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I guess we'll be waiting 2 more modules before we even get our dungeons back..?

Seriously, who ordered you guys to work on new stuff when so much <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> needs to be fixed right now.
  • callmetoticallmetoti Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i dont think so. basically your right that the developers made mistakes with the rank 4 powers, but it was a bug/exploit noone should have used. so basically its your own fault because rank 4 was disigned to be granted after lvl70 + 70 points spend. if you would have read that before you could have guessed that i would cause problem. ............. dont misunderstand me. i couldn't spent a point either because i made the same mistake and i used my respec token from first-buyer pack. all in all it was at least half my fault....... but it would be nice to get a free respec XD cant deny that :)

no no no... it was 65 points at level 65!!!
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xoxkymxox wrote: »
    omg so you in eCC you fix the balc and now the nets but yet you dont fix damage the mobs do as balc and nets were the only way to do eCC, you maight call them bugs or exploits but we call it the only way as mod6 has completely put the game out of reach, before mod 6 I had 12 toons worked my behind off for over 12months getting all in VT set and other sets only to find now completely useless and cant even solo sharandar or dread ring. have now reitred most toons as just no point doing them anymore and now only have 3 toons would like to continue with but now thats almost impossble due to mod6 being the worst mod ever and you us to look forward to another new mod without making mod6 even slighly do-able are you trying to make us all leave my freinds list has gone from over 500 to just 14 active players and thye mainly do pvp which I dont do. you realy need to put dread ring back sharandar back and iwd back as you enter them at lvl 60 why are they lvl 70+, Tia cant be done so thats off my list to enjoy now realy dont have much left and now you "fixed" the nets in Ecc, I do not have thouusands of $$ to spend on life heals from Zen as you need to buy then every few secs due to the omg amount of damage done, and haveing 105k hp dont help when heal potions only do 10k heal and a limbless zombie can 1 shot for over 100k back that up with an archer 1 shoting for 100k honestly you all need to let go and have someone who understands loyal players, you want poeple to spend more $$ but if they dont enjoy a game they wont spend on the game I know I wont no piont if I cant do anything before mod6 I didnt mind spending $$ as I enjoyed the game now like so many others whats the piont so instead of a new mod fix the old if you have to add a mod then new map new story line fine but dont kill the old atleast then we have something if we dont like new mod atm we have nothing much at all

I'm sorry but I just have to say it....Dear God, use spaces, commas and dots man!
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kemi1984 wrote: »
    I'm sorry but I just have to say it....Dear God, use spaces, commas and dots man!

I disagree. I'm encouraged by the fact that James Joyce and Virginia Woolf play Neverwinter. Maybe there's hope after-all?
  • seanna2000seanna2000 Member Posts: 45
    edited May 2015
    Seriously? Still no fix to rank 4 powers, still no fix to hoard enchantments, eldritch runestones, (or any honesty about why they're broken), still very little of any importance to players. Exactly how long do you expect the player base to wait?

Try being in the development team yourself. People go through all sorts of stuff to fix things, and each time they release a patch, you condemn them. Just give your feedback on what hasn't been done yet and appreciate what has been done. They aren't mind-readers.

Did you know that everytime some new NPC or whatever stuff is introduced for some event that you take for granted, they have to make all kinds of alterations, textures, renderings and the like just so the event works the way it does? Anything that deviates from what has been done before has to be retailored specifically.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    seanna2000 wrote: »
    Try being in the development team yourself. People go through all sorts of stuff to fix things, and each time they release a patch, you condemn them. Just give your feedback on what hasn't been done yet and appreciate what has been done. They aren't mind-readers.

Did you know that everytime some new NPC or whatever stuff is introduced for some event that you take for granted, they have to make all kinds of alterations, textures, renderings and the like just so the event works the way it does? Anything that deviates from what has been done before has to be retailored specifically.

Well maybe stop the "events" for now and concentrate on the fixes for the game first. First and for most make the game playable as it was before the "bomb" known as mod6 dropped. If I owned a company and my employees marketed a flawed product like this game. My main concern would to fix the flaws first ,not have employees go off to start making the accessory's for a flawed product.

See they use these events as eye candy to smoke and mirror the player base away from thinking about the problems the game has.
    dam this game has so many bugs and "oh look it's a butterfly" .
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thanks so much all to time ım farm elol , vt 24 days 0o drop instance before all person hr bug +paladin+ hr bug kill easy fast turn instance , last uptade rarely drop i can tried game rare drop system . . . before you can not this rare item succsess ? million effect screen laggy not fix and dungeon laggy problem . . . ? ? ?
  • dyesleedyeslee Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hunter Ranger:

Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

Us HR's appreciate that you guys are slowly addressing our encounter power issues. When are we going to see our ancient roots issue addressed. I have posted this request for the last 5 updates now and still no response regarding the short duration of hindering shot, constricting shot and binding arrow..

See this link below for my original post
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?866741-Bug-Report-HR-Rooting-duration-not-working-correctly&highlight=roots+duration..

Please take care of this soon please.. so tired of trying to use the roots in PVP and the roots not either working on players or not even lasting for more then a split second..
    5790248SLdyC.png
This discussion has been closed.