test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.45.20150416c.8

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited May 2015 in Patch Notes (PC)
Here are the patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance:

Classes and Balance
Control Wizard:
  • Frost Wave: No longer plays the Level Up FX repeatedly when triggered.
  • Spell Twisting Feat: This feat no longer resets cooldowns on powers that it should not.
Devoted Cleric:
  • Hammer of Fate: No longer improperly interacts with Hastening Light and the Hastening Light offhand Artifact, granting more Action Points than expected.
Hunter Ranger:
  • Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

Content and Environment
  • Campaigns: The level up wizard will no longer recommend players to go to the new campaign zones until level 70. Talking to Knox will still allow players to access the zones if desired.
  • Campaigns: There are now warning messages to players below level 70 that campaign zones may be too difficult.
  • Dungeon Delve Event: Resolved an issue wherein the event text for the ""Dungeon Delve"" event did not mention the necessity of using a dungeon chest key to obtain the rough astral diamonds indicated as a reward. In addition, the interact text that appeared when a player viewed the chest at the end of the dungeon implied that the chest would open during a dungeon delve event.
  • Tiamat's Hoard: Donating may be done after it reaches 100%.
  • Updated collision around Gauntylgrim Capture Points to prevent players from getting stuck in them.

Items and Economy
  • Companions: Augment companions once again have base stats.
  • Dragon Cult Pack: now Binds on Equip like other bags.
  • Paladin Elemental Fire Artifact Weapon: The Aura of Truth class feature properly respects Crowd Control Resistance now.
  • Professions: Mailsmithing: Resolved an issue wherein rank 25 mailsmithing armor kits were expecting plates instead of rings in their recipe.
  • Seals: The tooltips on both Seal of the Elements and Seal of the Protector now specify where they may be used, what they may be used to purchase, and where they may be obtained."
  • Unique items that are slotted in an item that is consumed through refinement or other means will no longer be marked as being owned so they can be claimed again.

User Interface
  • Refinement: When a stack of refined items crit the proper RP granted will be displayed instead of displaying as though the whole stack had crit.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wan't expecting patchnotes so soon, good to see them :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    knope88knope88 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was expecting Rank 4 fixes... :(

Check Here
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about the Eldritch Runestones? These enchantments aren't working and I can't put 4 points in Weapon Master (GWF Class Feature)
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    gorekilluskergorekillusker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hi.
    Since we cant spend our power points we get from level overflow rewards without buying retraining tokens how about making them free on zen store till u get around to fixing the problem? And yes ive used the free respec trick to asign points but im getting more that cant be assigned as rewards.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Seriously? Still no fix to rank 4 powers, still no fix to hoard enchantments, eldritch runestones, (or any honesty about why they're broken), still very little of any importance to players. Exactly how long do you expect the player base to wait?
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    First I'm glad the patch notes are available early.

But the dungeon chest changes are appalling.
  • Options
    xfreddoxfreddo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    trickster ItC doesn't break free from paladin stun, is it as meant to be?
    Freddo Esarca Gelido
    - Legio Invicta guild member
    - Vermillion Alliance member
  • Options
    tonis1000tonis1000 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    FIX DRAGON HOARD ENCHANTMENTS PLEASE , it has 10minute cooldown , or even more
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the early patch notes and fixing some of the things the players have pointed out as important.

The Rank 4 power situation is game breaking though. PWE/Cryptics credibility is seriously on the line with this and that is not hyperbole- this company is getting a seriously bad reputation in the gaming community over this. One of two things need done immediately:

1. A developer NEEDS to give the community a time table for when this is being fixed and what is being done about it right now.

2. Another free respec for everyone.

Lacking either of these it really just looks like you guys have sabotaged the rank 4 powers in order to sell more retraining tokens. No one can argue reasonable that this is not the case and pwe/cryptic is saying nothing about it at all other than "we are looking at it". Yet the retraining token remains the very first thing you see on the zen billboard on the arc page.

It really looks like you are pushing the sales of these tokens by not fixing the powers and honestly when you gys have nothing to say about it in terms of a solution, no one can really argue that perception is wrong.
  • Options
    lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Dragon hoard's enchants just stop working after about 1.5 hour of playing.
  • Options
    allenscottallenscott Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the early patch notes and fixing some of the things the players have pointed out as important.

The Rank 4 power situation is game breaking though. PWE/Cryptics credibility is seriously on the line with this and that is not hyperbole- this company is getting a seriously bad reputation in the gaming community over this. One of two things need done immediately:

1. A developer NEEDS to give the community a time table for when this is being fixed and what is being done about it right now.

Lacking either of these it really just looks like you guys have sabotaged the rank 4 powers in order to sell more retraining tokens. No one can argue reasonable that this is not the case and pwe/cryptic is saying nothing about it at all other than "we are looking at it". Yet the retraining token remains the very first thing you see on the zen billboard on the arc page.

It really looks like you are pushing the sales of these tokens by not fixing the powers and honestly when you gys have nothing to say about it in terms of a solution, no one can really argue that perception is wrong.

In the absence of fact, only wild (and probably inaccurate) speculation will fill the vacuum. I agree with you. Cryptic has always been very slow to respond to community inquiry. That has caused false rumors and drama to spread during their silence. I'd really like to see them improve on this almost as much as I'd like to see the game repaired from the Mod6 nuke.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hunter Ranger:
    • Aimed Shot: Ranking Aimed shot to Rank 4 no longer causes Aimed Strike to be removed from your power list.

i dun understand what this mean?
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited May 2015

+1 totally agreed...
  • Options
    olegius88olegius88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Great patchnotes! I think it was a hard work to fix this bugs and this is why you needed a whole week for this. @ all people who complain about the value of fixes: This bugs are not so easy to fix like you think they have to... They need time for analyzing and for finding a solution.

I hope you also know the following bugs which destroy fairness in pvp/pve:
    *feytouched enchant causes sometimes 20 000 000 (kk) damage. Link of bug's reporting theard:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?918391-Hits-with-more-than-20-million-damage
    *Bloodtheft Enchantment heals you unlimited because of Infinite times procing. Link of bug's reporting theard:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?887071-Bloodtheft-Enchantment-No-Internal-Cooldown-Addeded-Infinite-times-procing
    Mainclass: DC
    Mainchar: Mr. Shu
    :cool:
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Good fixes, BUT...still minute in my eyes.

Any movement is good movement.

Since there are so many things that seem to be fubar'd, I have developed a theory about what happened. I will not share it here, because it would be contentious and I do not feel like being a thorn.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    olegius88 wrote: »

I hope you also know the following bugs which destroy fairness in pvp/pve:
    *feytouched enchant causes sometimes 20 000 000 (kk) damage. Link of bug's reporting theard:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?918391-Hits-with-more-than-20-million-damage
    *Bloodtheft Enchantment heals you unlimited because of Infinite times procing. Link of bug's reporting theard:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?887071-Bloodtheft-Enchantment-No-Internal-Cooldown-Addeded-Infinite-times-procing

This patch went onto preview yesterday , has anybody checked to see if these bugs including the wrecked power points bug are still present?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really, really, how hard is it to lower the amount for instances in the new zones? Once they reach 30, say goodbye to moving anywhere.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nice nice :) Perfect hammer of fate and spell twisting fixed.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since I am tired of seeing people complain about dragon hoard enchants, I will just point out, there is a bug that causes them to function the way they used to, in old mod 0 areas :p So if you go vellosk for example, even if you are level 70 they will drop stones and they will drop stones at a mod 5 rate. Now stop whining will you :p
  • Options
    arsonall82arsonall82 Member Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    kangkeok wrote: »
    i dun understand what this mean?

hunter rangers have both a melee and ranged power, it;'s saying that they fixes the occurence of ranking it up, and having the melee functionality not work.
  • Options
    kinskik1auskinskik1aus Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    knope88 wrote: »
    I was expecting Rank 4 fixes... :(
    I, too . . .

Points that I'm spending are still not saved permanently:

— attributes
    — powers
    — boons
    — feats

For more than two weeks now!

Unbelievable . . .

I am not responsible for that big bug, so I won't invest any AD/ZEN/$/€ for another respecc/bug.

This is no fun at all. Worse than the "catastrophy of cats" (2 years ago) AND ClosedBetas altogether.

See also:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?917191-Cant-upgrade-rank-4-power&p=10807221&viewfull=1#post10807221

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?911971-Feat-and-Power-Points-Bug-Fix&p=10827781#post10827781

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?922111-Character-feats-and-powers-will-not-save

etc. pp.

Not to forget that respeccing all points always takes a lot of time and nerves...
  • Options
    jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    . . .

Except several players have reported getting a free respec when they opened a ticket with support.

If you have this issue, open a ticket. No need to spend money or AD.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Still no power/ feat fix ?

And PLEASE fix dragon hoard enchants.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jiinks wrote: »
    Except several players have reported getting a free respec when they opened a ticket with support.

If you have this issue, open a ticket. No need to spend money or AD.

I know right!!! COMMUNICATION. PWE/Cryptic really needs to SAY this. It needs to be a part of their official statement about the issue and we need to be able to read how free respecs via help tickets is the interim fix within their overall action plan is permanently fixing the issue. "...and in addition to these long terms steps we are taking in resolving this issue, the interim solution is for the players affected to open an in game support ticket. Support Staff will investigate each claim and issue free respecs on a case by case basis".
  • Options
    ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still no Rank 4 Weapon Master (GWF Class Feature) fix?? And all the other bugged rank 4 powers? Just one for ,Edit: HR...
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Will the leveling dungeons be able to be opened without a key, during the dungeon delve event, now?
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hunter Ranger:

My Rank 4 aimed strike is in my power list currently. I think there are other rank 4 powers that needs fixing more. Some of them are just small changes to their formula in the scripts, you can just copy and paste their rank 3 equations or manually add a few pluses instead of minuses.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I see there is still no mention of the bug that caused some of us to loose 600 ZEN when trying to use the 50% off Blood Ruby pack either. Have had a ticket open now for almost 2 weeks and still no mention of a fix nor any communication from support. It's ridiculous how repayment of ill gotten ZEN seems to NEVER be addressed. I no longer have ANY faith in PWE's support as their wallet washing schemes have overruled their ability to provide entertainment worth spending money on. More than 2 years later and they are still running the show as tho it is open beta with no proper testing on their behave before rolling out the bug train. Test shard is a joke as they don't even listen to anyone when bugs are reported there either.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
This discussion has been closed.