test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Solution for revolving door kicking in Epic dungeons.

karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
How about limiting the total number of kicks per run to 3? This would prevent the idiots from using the kick system to build their idea of a perfect team.

If the NW development team did some analysis of the kicks per dungeon run I'd bet they'd be able to come up with a sane max number. The revolving door is stupid.

This would probably take some unnecessary load off of the queue system as well which would benefit everyone.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• trappy1026trappy1026 Member Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Nah, when people reach the end, if they can't beat the boss three times, it should teleport them back to the beginning, and you should have to run the whole dungeon again.

What's happening now is people basically just hijack rooms where the original group can't beat the boss, then play the kick game as their friends Q up, kicking people until their friend get into the lobby.

Morally, it's kind of a valid argument. Tons of people can clear Castle Never, but NOT beat the boss. So they either end up quitting or getting kicked... and people who can beat the boss get into the Q and try to hijack it and get the end boss loot.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think one of the best ways to fix it would be a mandatory 1-5 minute wait time (incresasing after each kick) after someone has been kicked before another person is able to join.
    21.jpg
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As much as I hate to say it the only true way to fix it is to do away with the LFG tool all together. No more Queing. Force people to join guilds, make friends, or look for players manually.

Again this is not a preferred idea I would enjoy being a casual player that never knows when time will allow me to jump on but it WILL fix the issue. The more time people have to put into making groups will minimize the abuse of kicking for no reason.

Just my thoughts
  • jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited May 2015
    would be nice if people could see who initiates the vote and then who votes towards the kicks , so it is easier to block them and report them for unsporting conduct.
  • silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am not altogether sure there is a kicking issue that is player related. I think it is server related. I never had these issues on the PC version, and I technically play the same way on that iteration.
  • karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am not altogether sure there is a kicking issue that is player related. I think it is server related. I never had these issues on the PC version, and I technically play the same way on that iteration.

That's an excellent point. I was in a group last night and one player left (not kicked). The spot stayed open for a bit. Then a string of about 10 players went "so-and-so has joined the group" followed immediately by "so-and-so has left the group". No delay in between those two. The queue definitely can be borked at times.
  • csk41csk41 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I only run full guild, but I know that may not be the norm. But we have times when a guild member has to go and another will replace, or a guild member wants to change his toon. there is no way to get our guild member back in to the group without kicking every person, that fills the spot, out until he finally q's in. It sux, because it seems like we are being jerks, but it's something we have to do, because there is no other way to get our guild member back in other then this process.
  • werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's an excellent point. I was in a group last night and one player left (not kicked). The spot stayed open for a bit. Then a string of about 10 players went "so-and-so has joined the group" followed immediately by "so-and-so has left the group". No delay in between those two. The queue definitely can be borked at times.

I have been on the wrong end of this one I'll join a Dungeon and it will saay i've joined the group, tell me the game couldnt retrieve the map, and then instantly remove me from the group.
    21.jpg
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2015

That's often the issue, yes. But when you get vote kicked i believe it says so.
    I got kicked for the first time yesterday. Four pathetic idiots circle jerking in the orc skirmish. They probably had some farming thing going on and it felt like i stepped in on four guys holding each others d*cks (no, not ducks.) They didn't want me there.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • alclemistalclemist Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think they should just do auto kicking. I can't even join a **** epic dungeon without getting kicked.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    csk41 wrote: »
    I only run full guild, but I know that may not be the norm. But we have times when a guild member has to go and another will replace, or a guild member wants to change his toon. there is no way to get our guild member back in to the group without kicking every person, that fills the spot, out until he finally q's in. It sux, because it seems like we are being jerks, but it's something we have to do, because there is no other way to get our guild member back in other then this process.

As someone else who normally runs with a guild, I still don't think that's okay.
    Those people who you're booting have had to wait ages (sometimes 40min or longer) to get to the font of the queue - and you're sending them back to queue again. If your guild is any good at all, it will take far less to to quit, regroup and run the dungeon again then it will take for that person to get to the front of the queue again.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • pufpuffpasspufpuffpass Member Posts: 88
    edited May 2015
    I think if your in a guild, maybe your whole team should be ready instead of leaving to join on diff toons, or, oh look. Guild leader just got on, lets kick people until he can join. To those people, screw you. Seriously. Not like there isn't another dungeon for you and the guild guys, for pugs (currently pug as I don't want to join a guild out of necessity, rather I'd join one out of wanting to, genuinley being interested), but for pugs, there may not be another dungeon that day.

So to all guild people, if your not ready when you start, don't make others suffer for it.

But if someone gets kicked, or if the past two days are any indicator, if people get server disconect as I have every 30 minutes, these issues are real and sometimes you NEED to fill that role with non other then the same class that had issues and left. That cannot be avoided.

But in reality, I doubt it will get fixed (changed is a better word). Lets be honest, this isn't a new game, simply new for Xbox. Kinda seems like they are past the fixing queue stages.
  • faceman187faceman187 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm done with NW untill they get vote to kick fixed. I love the game and have had lots of fun so far, i even bought some zen. I joined a group for a t2 dungeon this evening, fresh run. there were 3 guildies from hong konk danger duo in the instance, and me and one other guy. As soon as i saw the guildies i was sure i was going to be kicked. Sure enough, last boss goes down instantly kicked. No chamce at my marks of the drake or the chest.

There wasnt even any classs competition, it was a unique party. Unfortunately I have no reason to play if i cant even progress past t1 gear. seems pretty stupid that players can just kick you and drop the loot for your class in the guild bank or put it on the AH for easy AD. I knew i shouldnt have put money on this game.
    edited May 2015
    faceman187 wrote: »
    I'm done with NW untill they get vote to kick fixed. I love the game and have had lots of fun so far, i even bought some zen. I joined a group for a t2 dungeon this evening, fresh run. there were 3 guildies from hong konk danger duo in the instance, and me and one other guy. As soon as i saw the guildies i was sure i was going to be kicked. Sure enough, last boss goes down instantly kicked. No chamce at my marks of the drake or the chest.

There wasnt even any classs competition, it was a unique party. Unfortunately I have no reason to play if i cant even progress past t1 gear. seems pretty stupid that players can just kick you and drop the loot for your class in the guild bank or put it on the AH for easy AD. I knew i shouldnt have put money on this game.

Yep same happened to me one poor player got kicked while the final boss was 95% finished then the three kicked me before i could get to the chest...I would put their gamertags on here but the powers that be enjoy what those sort of people do and protect them to the fullest extent they can.
    edited May 2015
    jrourke wrote: »
    Yep same happened to me one poor player got kicked while the final boss was 95% finished then the three kicked me before i could get to the chest...I would put their gamertags on here but the powers that be enjoy what those sort of people do and protect them to the fullest extent they can.

What the Hell i will show you that the moderators fully support such foul actions as I name the three.
    uh Maze
    Rawmeat4g
    Old Ropes
  • anyolname716anyolname716 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2015
    How about limiting the total number of kicks per run to 3? This would prevent the idiots from using the kick system to build their idea of a perfect team.

If the NW development team did some analysis of the kicks per dungeon run I'd bet they'd be able to come up with a sane max number. The revolving door is stupid.

This would probably take some unnecessary load off of the queue system as well which would benefit everyone.

I really have no issue with the kick option early on in a dungeon. If it's a poor player, you want to remove them before a diffucult area...or if they are annoying. It's the kicking at the final, after doing the whole crawl, that I find in poor taste. If they were good enough to get you there, then they are good enough for the end. But you should be able to pick your team. You usually don't want two cleric, and some seem to go smoother with that one class VS another. It's the groups choice, it's not like one person is doing...group vote.
  • drgreenthumbnzdrgreenthumbnz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Game is a joke,Got kicked from spellplague after spending like 3 hours getting to boss, pretty much made me quit

dont even play much now, tryed now and getting insta kicks on even stupid daily dungeon(thats always the same) that isnt even hard and my Gear Score is better then most of them...

Games will be dead soon enough because of this, already less people , and low lvl people will hit 60 and find out about these elitest ******bags, will quit

It was fun untill endgame BS tho
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Had someone try to vote my buddy and I out of the pirate king dungeon last night. Best part was his excuse was low gear score. The random was just over 9.8k my buddy was at 12.2k and I was at 13.5k The vote immediately failed and the guy that initiated the vote was voted out. We were in a party with two of the randoms we grouped up with so obviously they didn't initiate the vote XD
  • anyolname716anyolname716 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    Had someone try to vote my buddy and I out of the pirate king dungeon last night. Best part was his excuse was low gear score. The random was just over 9.8k my buddy was at 12.2k and I was at 13.5k The vote immediately failed and the guy that initiated the vote was voted out. We were in a party with two of the randoms we grouped up with so obviously they didn't initiate the vote XD

or they did to boot the low score and lied....
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    or they did to boot the low score and lied....

Honestly people worry too much on gear score, not hard for wallet warriors to buy purples from the AH without even trying to earn them
  • absolutedeicideabsolutedeicide Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really the best solution to the rampant kicking would be a better matchmaking system. I'd be willing to wait a bit longer if it meant matching up with a better represented party. Yesterday I did an Epic dungeon that started with no healer in the group, and we (all randoms, I'm pretty sure) just knew we weren't going to get very far without one so we had to kick the last person to join. We had to kick at least a dozen people in a row before we got a healer, and all of were saying, "hate being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but...". All groups should have a check that there's a healer and tank before it starts. There should also be a safeguard in place that if you get kicked from a group and re-queue you don't/can't join the same group again. I've read there are supposed to be systems like this in place, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.
  • draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yesterday I did an Epic dungeon that started with no healer in the group, and we (all randoms, I'm pretty sure) just knew we weren't going to get very far without one so we had to kick the last person to join. We had to kick at least a dozen people in a row before we got a healer, and all of were saying, "hate being a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, but...". All groups should have a check that there's a healer and tank before it starts. There should also be a safeguard in place that if you get kicked from a group and re-queue you don't/can't join the same group again. I've read there are supposed to be systems like this in place, but it doesn't seem to be working very well.

I am just curious, did the group have a Scourge Warlock? Has anyone tested the thought that a Temptation path SW might be flagging as a healer? I say this because I recently leveled my SW to 60 and through my leveling I have never been in a dungeon with a cleric or grouped with one when using any Que system. Now I am not saying this should be the case but from a system standpoint could this be a concern? Just throwing it out for discussion
  • faceman187faceman187 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally i think if the made the purples that drop from the bosses BoP and made the chest at the end drop the BoE gear, people would have much less incentive to vote kick to hoard gear. I dont think the majority of epic should be BoE anyways, not sure if thats just me though.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Personally i think if the made the purples that drop from the bosses BoP and made the chest at the end drop the BoE gear, people would have much less incentive to vote kick to hoard gear. I dont think the majority of epic should be BoE anyways, not sure if thats just me though.
    If you couldn't farm the gear, no one would run the dungeons after the initial run to get gear for your class. Epic dungeons are all about the AD.

Regardless, the only things that will stop the out-of-control kicking is to not allow kicking at all (make people leave if they aren't happy) or somehow get people to stop believing the utterly false idea they need a tank and/or a healer to run dungeons. If anything, more DPS is better for speed runs. I'd take a Temptation SW over a DC any day... and GFs are practically unnecessary.
  • rangerman25rangerman25 Member Posts: 84
    edited May 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    As much as I hate to say it the only true way to fix it is to do away with the LFG tool all together. No more Queing. Force people to join guilds, make friends, or look for players manually.

Again this is not a preferred idea I would enjoy being a casual player that never knows when time will allow me to jump on but it WILL fix the issue. The more time people have to put into making groups will minimize the abuse of kicking for no reason.

Just my thoughts

So we should "force" you to give up your paycheck to the homeless? Be a great idea wouldnt it? Someone benefits whereas you dont. You can't "force" someone to do something they don't want to do. And to suggest it is not only stupid, but in my opinion immoral. How can I "force" someone to join a guild if they dont want too? How can I "force" someone to run a dungeon? How can I "force" someone to do anything? I could keep going but the point is you can NOT "force" someone to do something against their will..it's called free will for a reason.
    edited May 2015
    I really have no issue with the kick option early on in a dungeon. If it's a poor player, you want to remove them before a diffucult area...or if they are annoying. It's the kicking at the final, after doing the whole crawl, that I find in poor taste. If they were good enough to get you there, then they are good enough for the end. But you should be able to pick your team. You usually don't want two cleric, and some seem to go smoother with that one class VS another. It's the groups choice, it's not like one person is doing...group vote.

The reason they do this though is so that their is no "competition" over the gear. Which in my opinion is immoral. And if a player kicks you at the end like that, record it if you can and contact customer service if you can with the proof. Then Cryptic should give temporary suspensions to the players who did this. IE they cant run epic dungeons for a certain amount of time. I guarantee you make enough examples doing this without banning them entirely the amount of kicking would die down tremendously. That or actually FIX THE **** PROBLEM...rather than my "Band-Aid" fix
    edited May 2015

It's not. BoE gear should be a random drop and if you play SWTOR, WoW, etc all the items that drop off the bosses are all BoP. This is because of this scenario
    edited May 2015
    If you couldn't farm the gear, no one would run the dungeons after the initial run to get gear for your class. Epic dungeons are all about the AD.

Regardless, the only things that will stop the out-of-control kicking is to not allow kicking at all (make people leave if they aren't happy) or somehow get people to stop believing the utterly false idea they need a tank and/or a healer to run dungeons. If anything, more DPS is better for speed runs. I'd take a Temptation SW over a DC any day... and GFs are practically unnecessary.

HEY!!! I am a GF...I find that remark offensive...and in that regard, you are right sadly. I mean we take the most damage, but what's even sadder is when a "tank" is out DPSing over half the DPS and still taking the most damage and holding aggro.
  • groovyloopylougroovyloopylou Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    while i dislike lobby hijacking (have had it happen to me) I can see a point to kicking on join. If you don't have a balanced team (esp on epic) then its so much harder to defeat bosses.

When a player disconnects by accident (usually selecting loot need greed etc) then of course they should be able to get back in.

Why cant you control the open spots? keep them private until you select what class you want added in that slot or even be able to direct invite.

Add anti kick points to a player the longer they are in there so hijacking is unsuccessful. This could be abused with afk players but if you've spent an hour fighting to a boss and use the bathroom only to find you got kicked for being afk for more then a min, its kinda crappy.
    Possibly be able to set campfire breaks where anyone can initiate a 3 min break at any fire and not be kicked. As long as that player is causing damage in between to a combat effective level then they shouldn't be allowed to be booted.

Also being able to setup in queues the team you need. Select dps, tank and healer. Make sure you start out right.
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    not hard for wallet warriors to buy purples from the AH without even trying to earn them

True for PC (where one zen = 500ad), but that's not so true for Xbox where the exchange rate is much lower.
    Frankly it's often better to grind diamonds and buy Zen, than to buy zen and trade for diamonds.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.