Install Arc
Options

Streaming your foundry quests!

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    I know I've asked this before, but any chance of posting some reviews to Youtube? twitch doesn't like my OS.

Perhaps you should check out the youtube site...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNNzCKkYWl6q1k3XCKJf-cQ
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey hey! Thanks for the kick in the butt, Eldarth.
    With the Foundry being down, it was an opportunity to take a break from streaming and focus on Module 6.
    Now that the newness has worn off, I'll be back
    this Sunday @ 7pm EST (4pm PST) to tackle "The Bone Idol" series by kithlis!

I'll be watching, possibly giving the enemies something else to kill, should you need it. ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bad news! :(
    Sadly, I'm feeling really ill today, so I've had to push back the foundry play to next weekend. (hopefully sooner)

While I will be in-game playing with my kids, my voice simply isn't up for it. I also don't think sneezing into my mic every 2-3 minutes will make for great streaming either. :P

I'm hammering some orange juice, hoping to shake this thing quickly, and if all goes well, I should be able to get some playtime in soon with you all.

Today, however, I'm going to just take it easy and get some game time in with the kidos.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Bad news! :(
    Sadly, I'm feeling really ill today, so I've had to push back the foundry play to next weekend. (hopefully sooner)

Boooooo! Hissssssssssss!

Hmm. What I meant to say was feel better. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Boooooo! Hissssssssssss!

:) Thanks Eldarth.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Bed rest. Bed rest. Bed rest. I can't stress it enough. Get well! We can wait.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Boooooo! Hissssssssssss!

Ditto. Get some rest. Allergies suck. There's always next time.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Take care and I hope you'll feel better!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nice work locksheon. Always been a fan of your work ever since i first saw final prophecy hit the foundry. I would have loved to watch you play through bone idol. its a good one.

It's a shame your comrades don't use a mic too, it would be nice to hear their reactions to things. If you need foundries to play, I suggest
    Lost little lambs, its an old one that was lost in the void. I would suggest more but i think you have played most of the ones i have too.

Theres a really good one but i forgot what it was and i didn't sub it, and the thread i posted in seems to have been deleted so i doubt ill ever find that one again :(.

After a 9 month absense from the game its sad to see the exact same quests as i saw before on the list (amongst a swarm of fast review quests) I can see why they are just going to select some for the xbox version.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    grimah wrote: »
    Nice work locksheon. Always been a fan of your work ever since i first saw final prophecy hit the foundry. I would have loved to watch you play through bone idol. its a good one.

It's a shame your comrades don't use a mic too, it would be nice to hear their reactions to things. If you need foundries to play, I suggest
    Lost little lambs, its an old one that was lost in the void. I would suggest more but i think you have played most of the ones i have too.

Theres a really good one but i forgot what it was and i didn't sub it, and the thread i posted in seems to have been deleted so i doubt ill ever find that one again :(.

After a 9 month absense from the game its sad to see the exact same quests as i saw before on the list (amongst a swarm of fast review quests) I can see why they are just going to select some for the xbox version.

I recently acquired a USB Logitech mic/headset that my wife never used.:cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I recently acquired a USB Logitech mic/headset that my wife never used.:cool:

Excellent. *rubs scheming hands together*
    grimah wrote: »

I promise I'll play it this weekend! I'll also add your suggestion to the list! I'm still looking for new, rare gems to play, so keep the suggestions comings.

I'm glad you're a fan of the Final Prophecy! I'm also glad I was able to finish it :) (It almost didn't get completed due to RL stuff)

I wonder if anyone ever figured out the easter egg in Act IV.... hmm...
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    "The Bone Idol" series by kithlis!

Holy buckets! Good thing I checked! I found a buggy deal in Part 1 that broke it. I'm hoping I fixed it, but I hadn't touched it in so long, some of my timers were causing "too many enemy" errors and i had to retool it.

I'll update with an edit once publish is done and I've confirmed it working again.

(and will run through Parts 2-4 as well)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kithlis wrote: »
    Holy buckets! Good thing I checked! I found a buggy deal in Part 1 that broke it. I'm hoping I fixed it, but I hadn't touched it in so long, some of my timers were causing "too many enemy" errors and i had to retool it.

I'll update with an edit once publish is done and I've confirmed it working again.

(and will run through Parts 2-4 as well)

Holy buckets indeed! I'm glad you caught the errors in time. I'm shooting for Sunday evening.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm still looking for new, rare gems to play, so keep the suggestions comings.

Gems. Dwarves LOVE gems. I know a certain Dwarven Mine/Keep that needs defending. It seems they're "Under Siege!" from some un-neighborly winterforged. I'll bet they have some gems in their mine. :cool:

[Heavily interactive/animated, light-medium combat]
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Whew! The final fight of Part 1 is a bit more difficult now, as there seems to be an issue with the way I used to have the encounters split. So it's a bigger fight now (my newbie level 9 paladin managed through), but at least it works again.

Versions
    Part 1 - 1.63
    Part 2 - 1.61
    Part 3 - 1.51
    Part 4 - 1.5

I'll do a bit more playtesting and I might make a few more tweaks before Sunday, but it should be good in the current state!
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just in case you run out of foundries to play, I would suggest you that one:

NW-DD69G42U2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg by @Zachariah92 (That one was for Cult of the Dragon Contest)

It can be done in 40 min, but I don't know why people lasts more than 70 min, maybe they get lost in the frozen caverns... ;)

Well, I will suggest to go with someone else, it's a bit hard at lvl 60-70.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you have the time to run through NW-DIAAPG3S4 - A Mere Expedition! Now that Imp Portals are back, the boss-like finale is no longer broken and I've finally fixed all the hidden trigger bugs associated with the increased aggro range, so the quest is in solid working order once again. You ran through this quest awhile ago, but I would love to see it in your stream =)
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Just in case you run out of foundries to play, I would suggest you that one:
    NW-DD69G42U2 - The Stolen Dragon Egg by @Zachariah92 (That one was for Cult of the Dragon Contest)

"Turtle Soup" was quite good as well --

Name: Turtle Soup
    Short code: NW-DEV3CIEVO
    Author: prettycelt
    Description: Journey to Xiousing to investigate The Cult of the Dragon activity

Review (by Grimah): Beautiful maps, creative custom costumes and with a light-hearted charm. Set in lore that is rarely used (Yakuza!), great pacing, exploration options, Focused storytelling and a strong narrative. Dialog also is great here and sound like people. What i liked most about this was learning this new lore through atomsphere and just from the what people say, and not from by being told it (infodumping is evil). Just great stuff all round.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Whew! The final fight of Part 1 is a bit more difficult now, as there seems to be an issue with the way I used to have the encounters split. So it's a bigger fight now (my newbie level 9 paladin managed through), but at least it works again.

Versions
    Part 1 - 1.63
    Part 2 - 1.61
    Part 3 - 1.51
    Part 4 - 1.5

I'll do a bit more playtesting and I might make a few more tweaks before Sunday, but it should be good in the current state!

I hope it's ready! We're about to begin!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I hope it's ready! We're about to begin!

Awesome! Thanks so much :)
    Just wish I was able to get on to watch!

The quests are definitely designed to be able to complete the main path in the suggested time frame, but with all the side stuff and optional dialogue, they can get lengthy (especially true when reading aloud) - thanks for taking the time to run through it!
    (Note to self - characters are to be named Bob and Steve in the future!)

Notes -
    Definitely was wordy and lore-heavy. Like you mentioned, it plays faster when not broadcasting, but it can still be a lot. The next time I find time to build a foundry, I've vowed for brevity!
    Side note: The "Where is Bane's domain" question was designed to force a fight. "Banehold" would have been the correct answer if the caverns were newer - but they were built back when Bane resided in Archeron (1st edition). If you give Epheme a second chance on the third statue, she'll figure that out and you can skip a fight.
    I fell down a hole named "forgottenrealms.wikia.com" and had a heck of a time getting back out! Eesh!

I'm not sure why the timer encounters aggro'd through the wall in Part 1. I'll have another look at them, but haven't experienced that issue myself in a long long while.

My gamma is definitely set different, and some of the "too dark" reviews make more sense now. I will probably make an adjustment to the Part 1 demon caves, either by playing with different light options or filling in the "death" holes.

Glad you remembered/liked Nuber! (Not sure why the exit door didn't work, though. I'll check that out too)

I saw someone ask about the crafted cavern map in Part 2. It was built on a blank exterior map (as you discovered you can mount, which only works outdoors) using a lot of large rock assets (I think they were chasm pieces). I was inspired to try something completely custom like @mrthebozer's Tuum (which would be a great stream if you haven't done it yet).

Part 3 goes much quicker without the added "Bonus Quest" stuff that can carry over from Part 2 (they were originally combined, but it was just too big together). Part 4 isn't quite as expansive, but still has several things to find off the main path.

Big thanks again! Looking forward to catching the next batch (and others in the future)! No worries that you stayed on the main path for the stream; I'm just thrilled to see that it's still being enjoyed. Many thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Awesome! Thanks so much :)

(Note to self - characters are to be named Bob and Steve in the future!)

Notes -
    Definitely was wordy and lore-heavy. Like you mentioned, it plays faster when not broadcasting, but it can still be a lot. The next time I find time to build a foundry, I've vowed for brevity!

Don't you dare! :) Your quest is awesome! And I wouldn't trim anything from it. The ONLY reason it seems tedious is because it's on a live stream, and I can't read fast enough to make it entertaining. It's kinda like trying to read a book to a class room of kids 10 minutes before recess haha! (I'm looking at you, Eldarth.) I was just trying to push through it for the audience.

When I do the mock up for the youtube video, I plan on using scenes from my second play through (when nobody's watching).
    I am going to try and solo the last two parts tonight!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am going to try and solo the last two parts tonight!

If you have time, my second spelljammer quest is up! ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    DylVKRl.jpg

^ Check out the highlights on Youtube! ^
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Bone Idol was great!

As I mentioned, in twitch, here's...

Icewind Dale Summer Fest [NW-DAFN4LUTH]

### ALPHA TESTING - NON COMPLETABLE QUEST
    ### Please send any comments, suggestions, feedback to @eldarth
    ### Still lots to do, very, very early stages
    ### Any "festival" games you think would be fun let me know and I will see if I can implement them

It's Summer in Neverwinter! Tired of the heat?
    Come to Icewind Dale Summer Festival!
    - Ski Jumping
    - Cross-country Ski Race
    - Festival Games
    - Childrens Ice Skating

Can you take the Gold?

Feel free to stream if you explore it -- definitely need feedback (distances) on ski-jump so I can adjust the gold/silver landing zones!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Bone Idol was great!

As I mentioned, in twitch, here's...

Icewind Dale Summer Fest [NW-DAFN4LUTH]

### ALPHA TESTING - NON COMPLETABLE QUEST
    ### Please send any comments, suggestions, feedback to @eldarth
    ### Still lots to do, very, very early stages
    ### Any "festival" games you think would be fun let me know and I will see if I can implement them

It's Summer in Neverwinter! Tired of the heat?
    Come to Icewind Dale Summer Festival!
    - Ski Jumping
    - Cross-country Ski Race
    - Festival Games
    - Childrens Ice Skating

Can you take the Gold?

Feel free to stream if you explore it -- definitely need feedback (distances) on ski-jump so I can adjust the gold/silver landing zones!

This looks ridiculously exciting :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This looks ridiculously exciting :)

It IS ridiculously fun. :)
  • Options
    essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thank you so much for streaming "A Mere Expedition!" I'm glad you really enjoyed this second play-through. The main things that I changed from your previous play through are as follows:

-Adding Groundskeeper Wally, his wife, children and home onto the first map
    -The Ghost you can follow to the sunken Phalorm tower.
    -Duke Palstarrin / ancient sunken Phalorm keep expansion (it was only the one hallway before, kinda boring down there).
    -Making a few things sparkle only if you have the Lens of Detection. (The vines for instance).
    -There is a hidden area you missed in the Suhela (Sue Hey Lah) villlage, really minor interaction with a black dragon's minions who watch over the goings on in the Mere.
    -I started replacing the final fight scenario when the imp portals were removed from the foundry, but put it back to the original (I kept the original copy of that map just in-case).

Otherwise you hit on nearly all the hidden optional objectives in the quest. You also caught several misspellings. Additionally you discovered a broken dialog option when speaking with the Ghost of Gheddon in the sunken keep. I have fixed these issues and will republish version 1.5.3 later on today.

I really enjoyed watching and absolutely loved that you realized the inside of Davinbon Manor actually matches the exterior, almost to the foot (it's a teeny bit off). In fact, it was great to see all the extra polish details you noticed while playing, like the sound effects when you find clues about the Expedition.

Thanks again for this!

EDIT to add images: The first two are images of the Tanglebone Golem you asked for, the other one is the broken gate mechanism (the round parts are different sized vases rotated 90 degrees on their side, little one inside a larger one). Click on the thumbnails to see the larger images.

gyhhHOSs.jpg Vrz29ZVs.jpg DeyzNrws.jpg
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It IS ridiculously fun. :)

Thanks! Hope I can re-capture some of that Winter Festival fun -- loved the sled-racing and the ski-jump across the fishpond was always fun. Now I just gotta tweak my versions, and add even more.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Hey guys!
    I'm going to switch todays show to Friday. I'm attending a school function for my kids tonight, so I'll see you all tomorrow!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    E7yKCiG.jpg

^ Check out the highlights on Youtube! ^
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming