test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which class gets kicked the most?

2»

Comments

• lost2uagainlost2uagain Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    going to have to go with the warlocks, when running with guild every random we get usually puts one of them up to vote (usually the one that went more heal/support route) people tend too ignore the guild tags(4v1 never end well)... Personally, i don't care about who join (class) but people make the decision for us too kick them.
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I notice that HRs and SWs get the most hate in group kicking. I only vote yes if the DC isn't healing, the tank isn't tanking, or the group member is more interested in picking up the loot. Lately, as an HR player, I've been getting kicked a lot right when I join a group. I really don't get too upset about especially when I see no tank or healer. I am going to do a respec towards trapper, because 8 of 10 runs, though I am first on the list in damage, I want to do better especially when I start to get into the T2 dungeons.
  • alclemistalclemist Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tbh i think the rogue or seems like Im getting kicked most of the **** time...
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From what I've seen, I'd have to say it's a tie between the SW and the GWF. Now that I always queue with at least two other people I trust so we can control all the kick votes, I've noticed those two classes get targeted first. It's amazing how quickly the kick votes are initiated as well -- like as soon as we start or right after a new person joins. People come into a dungeon, scan the party, and immediately start trying to kick people. It's crazy! Also, since we don't kick those people right away (we give everyone a chance to be a good teammate), I'm also surprised that the same person will keep trying to kick people even after previous attempts have failed. We'll kick those people after two or three back-to-back attempts to kick someone... if they don't leave on their own.

I'm a rogue and based on what I've seen a kick vote against me is initiated about 75% of the time another random rogue joins our group. Unlike the SW and GWF kick attempts, which I think are driven by people thinking the classes aren't good, I think the kick attempts against me have more to do with other rogues not wanting to share loot drops. Of course, that's not a better (or valid) reason to kick, it's just different.
  • icescaledragonicescaledragon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every class IMO cause everyone a god dang moron and the kicking will never stop until they fix it .. which will never happen gg
  • firesforever2firesforever2 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I usually see GWF and rogues getting kicked to make room for a GF or a distance dps class, as a cleric I have got kicked a few times because I wear high prophet set and some people are dumb and just kick me because it shows a lower GS.
  • newmfinnewmfin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I run an HR and typically come in 1st or a close second for dps and always first in enemy's killed, but I prefer my blades and can take damage well enough but will use my bow when need be. You know all the annoying adds yea I run the outside and deal with all them and then back to the main boss to help out. I dont consider myself good, averaged yes. But i am not the one slowing the team s down thats for sure.
  • mrtehpuppymrtehpuppy Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    newmfin wrote: »
    I run an HR and typically come in 1st or a close second for dps and always first in enemy's killed, but I prefer my blades and can take damage well enough but will use my bow when need be. You know all the annoying adds yea I run the outside and deal with all them and then back to the main boss to help out. I dont consider myself good, averaged yes. But i am not the one slowing the team s down thats for sure.

Not trying to be mean but this is exactly the mentality I'm referring too. If you're running around, your dragging mobs around, making AoE classes significantly less useful. You'd be amazed at how fast a group, even a PUG, can clear a dungeon if everyone just stands in the yellow circle that DC puts down instead of running all over the place.
    Member of Look Good Play Good
    Pup - Level 70 4.2k Buff/Debuff AC DC
    XBL GT: TehPuppy
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Why do you play? It looks like ur doing everything just to get it done? "We save 20 minutes in doing this!" Yeah, so?
    I dont understand this mentality, it looks like ur chars are all maxed out, u got stuff and the missions done... why care? Its not like u can make real money on xbox
  • reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Why do you play? It looks like ur doing everything just to get it done? "We save 20 minutes in doing this!" Yeah, so?
    I dont understand this mentality, it looks like ur chars are all maxed out, u got stuff and the missions done... why care? Its not like u can make real money on xbox

Most players, myself included, farm content until we get what we need. The faster you finish, the quicker you can requeue in the event you don't receive the piece you need. It's not about skipping content or not enjoying it - nothing is new in MMOs anymore and every skeleton/troll/giant is just as interesting as the next, especially when they're dead.

If you have a decent DC who knows what they're doing you should have no problems staying alive when stacking up to group all of the mobs together and spamming AoE to burn them down quickly. It's by far the most efficient method of clearing content in most MMOs (looking at you ESO). The most annoying detriment to this efficiency is HRs and SWs who think they have to stay at range to do decent damage and not get hit, when in reality they're pulling aggro and causing mobs to run all over the place as well as putting themselves in a bad position to receive heals.

I don't heal people who don't stack, and you can bet your *** that if you're standing in Africa and dying I'm not going to bother ressing you either. Trapper builds are way better than Archer builds for HRs (better damage output and 50/50 melee/ranged time as well as zero reliance on the buff that increases your damage based on range) and Warlocks can stand in melee without much problem. If they're running a healer/support build they should be stacking with the group anyways to maximize their healing output, which has a very small range.

CWs who try to stand at range and single-target... don't even get me started. They need to reroll or uninstall.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • liefglindeliefglinde Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately if my team needs a tank I always look to the HR to go first. In my dungeon experience so far they always seem to be the least effective at doing anything. Rogues kill bosses fast, Wizards kill everything else fast. I don't really understand GWF and SW roles yet but I see them attacking at least. 3 seconds into any given fight though I see the HR suddenly kiting all the adds and running in a circle. To this day I've only seen one HR seem to know what he was doing, and he out damaged the CW at the end.
    edited May 2015
    Oh... um... you know like children play this right? Or people who literally dont care nearly as much as you... cuz you know... its a game, a free one at that. This anger over people whom have never played before is really not appropriate for a video game bro, 420 that anger up
    edited May 2015

First off can we talk about the irony in you saying there's no point in being time efficient and getting a dungeon run done in 20 minutes as opposed to the typical hour and typing the word "ur"...saving yourself all of a quarter of a second... You realize how silly that makes you look right? Yes, I realize you don't make money playing games on Xbox, but you know that thing you do that does make real money? A "job"? Yeah that eats up a lot of my free time, that and taking care of my kids, paying bills, etc etc. When I do get on to play, I want to get as much done in the short amount of time I have available to me.
    Oh... um... you know like children play this right? Or people who literally dont care nearly as much as you... cuz you know... its a game, a free one at that. This anger over people whom have never played before is really not appropriate for a video game bro, 420 that anger up

I'd put money on it that the average age for the folks that play NW is above 18. Likely closer to 25... Just sayin'... "bro"
    edited May 2015

Spoken like a true casual.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • iboxyyiboxyy Member Posts: 70
    edited May 2015
    You play with horrible HR, that is the number one DPS class on Xbox when played right. I've yet to run a dungeon and not be first in damage. The kicking for class is ridiculous, you can get a cleric with an awful GS and can't do anything same for any class. Perfect example , I tried running icespire for fun before work since I didn't have much time. I was kicked 8 times in 5 minutes all by kids with at least 7k less GS than me. The last lobby kicked me twice then realized I knew what I was doing. They all had around 9k and I am just shy of 17k and on average net 40-50 million damage dealt on any given run through on Castle Never and similar numbers on every other dungeon. After they finally let me stay they ended up dying at every boss will I was alive to finish. The ending difference on the scoreboard was my 39 million damage to 2nd place achieving a whopping 9mil as a TR. Needing a tank or cleric depends on the dungeon and honestly only CN and lost mouth require one even with the right group. The others can be handled by an adequately geared team. But that's just my 2 cents lol
  • newmfinnewmfin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I dont pull agro so no i am not pulling mobs, thats the GF draging all the adds not me. I kill all the mobs i run into.
    edited May 2015
    I didnt say there was no point in saving time. What i said is you already have the items, you already have a good character, and you go and get pissed when you play with someone not as good.
    Well shucks that seems like a wasteof time.
    I dont mean to sound offensive. But people here act like its CoD or an actual game that tracks any of this. If you char dies you lose nothing, if you lose a match no one knows, and your personal time constraints does not rwarrant ruining someone elses experience by being rude or kicking them out of a que we all know they waited a long time in
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My buddy plays a HR, just hit 60 last night. In celebration we took him to a tier 1 dungeon to show him what it was like. The random scrub we got immediately tried to vote him out. Best part was my buddy had a GS of 9.2k where as the random had 8.4k. The best part was the vote failed due to it being 4 vs 1 and he then tried to vote me out. GWF with a GS of 10.1k (just hit 60 myself as well)
  • iowastatecycloneiowastatecyclone Member Posts: 18
    edited May 2015
    I didnt say there was no point in saving time. What i said is you already have the items, you already have a good character, and you go and get pissed when you play with someone not as good.
    I dont mean to sound offensive. But people here act like its CoD or an actual game that tracks any of this. If you char dies you lose nothing, if you lose a match no one knows, and your personal time constraints does not rwarrant ruining someone elses experience by being rude or kicking them out of a que we all know they waited a long time in

Very well said. At the end of the day we are all playing a GAME to have fun.
  • mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Very well said. At the end of the day we are all playing a GAME to have fun.

Sadly not everyone feels this way. A friend of my best friend said this game is only worth playing if you run the t2 dungeons. He also said it is a waste of time playing as anything other than rogue or wizard. This same dude sped through to 60 and didn't bother to do all the quests and only wanted the "end game"
    edited May 2015
    mrdurva wrote: »
    He also said it is a waste of time playing as anything other than rogue or wizard. This same dude sped through to 60 and didn't bother to do all the quests and only wanted the "end game"

Your friend clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. The only class worth playing is obviously Cleric :cool:

In all honesty, if you're a D&D fan you'll probably find enjoyment from taking your time in the leveling zones and enjoying the lore and backstory. I've never been a fan myself and rushed to end-game, as I do in every MMO (except ESO - leveling is a blast and character progression is very interesting) because end-game PvE/PvP is where the most challenges are and I've always been a hardcore/competitive gamer.

That's not everyone's play style and mindset though, and I certainly respect that. However, there's a very big line between being a casual player and playing like a casual, and when you run dungeons with other players you're expected to bring your A-game. If you're bringing down the group, there are probably aspects of gameplay in which you can improve.

That being said, not much of the content currently in the game is difficult so when you fail at the easy things (T1/T2 dungeons) it just makes you look even worse. Not pointing out you specifically, just players in general.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    edited May 2015

I didn't say anywhere that I got pissed. I simply stated that IF a group makeup change is needed, usually the HR gets the boot first for the reasons I mentioned originally. I also said that my group doesn't kick anyone. Unless there's a person spamming vote kicks or AFK but those are the only times. If you go back and read what I've said, I said we do the runs with any and all classes. It's just that there's always an audible groan amongst my group of friends when we see we've been slotted with an HR because we KNOW that means the dungeon is going to take twice as long as it would take with literally any other class. Hell, I'd rather have a second GF as opposed to an HR. A GF does <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> all damage and having a second one doesn't usually benefit the group much, if at all, but at least they won't be a detriment to the group by dragging mobs around the whole map and dying excessively due to not knowing how to play their class.

I find it humorous that you use CoD to equate to an "actual game". Even CoD is just another video game folks SHOULD be playing to have fun. That's all any game is for. Play to have fun, which is again, why my group doesn't kick ANYONE that's actually participating in whatever task we're doing. But that said, there's nothing fun about getting into a bad group and throwing your head against a wall taking an hour to do something that should only take 20 minutes. Prime example, me and one of my guildies were doing Epic SHores just today. Got into a group that was either poorly geared or comprised of people that didn't know what they were doing. Regardless, we wiped twice before we even got through the first door. Well, since I'm the healer, I get kicked because obviously, if you're dying, it's the healers fault. My buddy leaves, we group back up and requeue. Manage to get in two more Epic Shores runs and forget about the whole drama all together. We queue up for a third, and we're placed into the same group that initially kicked me... and they've just made it to the "ambush" past the second gate. Needless to say I was insta-vote kicked. But I don't let it bother me. Those people in that group are probably all pretty salty at that point and I know good and well that it wasn't me or my friend because we've already blown through that exact same content twice in the time it took them to move 100 feet. I can't help but feel a little sorry for that group because they clearly weren't having much fun but at the same time, i was glad for the vote kick because I'm pretty sure *I* would have been getting fairly annoyed had I still been in that group and been doing so poorly to clear a skirmish.
    edited May 2015
    I see, well let me apologize for mis understanding. I guess i got caught up in all the negative posts and it left a bad taste in my mouth. As for CoD i just knew its a game people would relate to (i so hate advanced warfare fyi)
    Also i would say i have been kicked rarely but ive played only pre 60, but when i do get kicked i think i do think, "how am i suppose to get better if i get kicked?"
  • santa724santa724 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It seems the votes are in and my theory on which class would "win" was correct. HR's seem to get kicked the most.

Although I think that "seem" is the operative word there. I imagine that for the most part people voted for the class they play, and when you're the one getting kicked, it seems like you're playing the class that gets kicked the most.

I myself play as a HR (hence my theory) and I fully admit that up until I came across this post in this thread, I was a "Bad Ranger" -
    Rangers (Get kicked the most) - which is unfair, since a good ranger can DPS, control and obliterate adds. Sadly, bad rangers are ruining the class reputation.
    I'm a cleric, but if I had to pick one class to roll with, it'd be ranger.

All rangers out there, make sure to take a gander at this: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/sho...-AoE-PvE-Build

IF you're playing as a HR, PLEASE heed the advice of the above and take the time to read that post linked. (I can't remember who posted it, but THANKS!).

As much as I might miss my consistent 40-60k one shots with "Aimed Shot", that pales in comparison with what you can do as a trapper. I've become FAR more effective in all aspects of the game and it seems the only time I haven't placed first in damage after a run is because another ranger beat me out.

Just finished Temple of the Spider at 41mil in damage (more than the other four teammates combined) and the guy I was playing with said he had never seen a score so high. (Cool feeling)

HR's UNITE!

I think the more people see us in the top spot, the more respect we can bring to the class and hopefully make a dent in how often we get kicked.

Again, I think it's all relative when determining which class gets kicked the most, but it was fun to watch this play out.

I can't thank the folks who posted the info on how to play as a HR enough. I'm all kinds of stoked for what transpired in this thread, as it ended up helping my game tremendously.

If anyone knows of similar "How to play as a ____" for the other classes, please let us know about them.

Best of luck out there on the coast!