test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Give back our old level 60 areas...

malikinetokmalikinetok Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
edited May 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Before this new module we had Sharandar, Dreadring, Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons at level 60. Now we go from the level 55 Whispering Caverns straight to everything else being level 70. Sure we can do the Nucklehead and Boo thing, but seriously, one set of quests?

My suggestion, not that it matters really, is that Sharandar and Dreadring drop back to level 60 and Well of Dragons and Icewind Dale drop to level 65. That way there is a small form of progression on our way to the Elemental Evil portion of the game. That will give a chance for people to gain gear and other equipment so they stand a chance in the level 70 zones.

Not everyone parties or joins guilds. There is a sizable solo community. This way everyone can enjoy the new content as well as the old.

Making the game too hard will only frustrate new players and usher in the demise of a game with huge untapped potential.

EDITED: Sorry about the lack of knowledge of the new questing areas being 60+ friendly. I was simply considering the possiblity of story progression. Sharandar is more of a side quest as is Icewind Dale. Dreadring is true story progression of sorts since it have Valindra in it. I think of Elemental Evil as a new story for extending the game world scenario.

Thank you for your time,
Rog the White/Desiree Bolog/Og Bolog/Darken/Oni-hime Ninchee/Darken Dredd
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not just "one set of quests" it's one set of quests + 3 entirely new zones to level up.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You mean 4 zones, but yeah, you're supposed to level in the new Elemental Evil zones: Drowned Shores, Reclamation Rock, Fiery Pit and Spinward Rise.

I do wish the vigilance tasks required only 12 quests per sub-zone, 16 is just too grindy for one area.
  • pycon929pycon929 Member Posts: 50
    edited May 2015
    I do wish the vigilance tasks required only 12 quests per sub-zone, 16 is just too grindy for one area.

It's not the amount of quests that are the problem. It's the fact that players are made to repeat them over and over with no form of story progression. I'll do 100 quests in 1 area as long as there's some kind of progressive story/reward
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    do you really expect ppl at lvl 70 to do lvl 60 content ? since getting to 70 is a few days, grinding boons takes a month
    Paladin Master Race
  • cornflakes2014cornflakes2014 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    burkaanc wrote: »
    do you really expect ppl at lvl 70 to do lvl 60 content ? since getting to 70 is a few days, grinding boons takes a month

Well you answered your own question. People would do lvl 60 content for the boons. Plus right now the gear at sharandar and dread are still lvl 60, so it makes more sense to be lvl 60 areas. They should've at least upgraded the gear to lvl 70 when they made the areas lvl 70.
    edited May 2015
    Well you answered your own question. People would do lvl 60 content for the boons. Plus right now the gear at sharandar and dread are still lvl 60, so it makes more sense to be lvl 60 areas. They should've at least upgraded the gear to lvl 70 when they made the areas lvl 70.

its content for max lvl players who have finished mod6 content
    Paladin Master Race
    edited May 2015
    its content for max lvl players who have finished mod6 content

Umm, we already know its currently a lvl 70 area. That's why the OP was suggesting they change to lvl 60 in the first place. I was simply answering your question on why lvl 70 players would want to play this content if it was a lvl 60 area. And the answer is to get the boons.
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or people could just stop fighting the logical game progression and get through the Elemental Evil zones.

You don't even need to do them all: whenever your character reaches level 66 or 67, just get the intro quest to Spinward Rise from the Archdruid and move on.

It is just a brief pause in getting your boons; there's no need to turn the end-game campaigns into lowbie areas.
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    even then, kalindra, the mini dungeons in each of spinward rise's zones are old dungeons anyway...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited May 2015
    Umm, we already know its currently a lvl 70 area. That's why the OP was suggesting they change to lvl 60 in the first place. I was simply answering your question on why lvl 70 players would want to play this content if it was a lvl 60 area. And the answer is to get the boons.

and run through boring lvl 60 mobs and get rank3 and r4 instead of r4 and r5 enchants, another bs idea for no reason at all, lets go and climb back in the trees or live in the caves who needs cars, homes, computers and whatnot

getting boons is boring as it is to be fighting useless trash mobs that dont drop anything
    Paladin Master Race
    edited May 2015
    and run through boring lvl 60 mobs and get rank3 and r4 instead of r4 and r5 enchants, another bs idea for no reason at all, lets go and climb back in the trees or live in the caves who needs cars, homes, computers and whatnot

getting boons is boring as it is to be fighting useless trash mobs that dont drop anything

Whether or not it's boring to you is irrelevant. I was simply answering your question on why lvl 70 players would want to play this content if it was a lvl 60 area. And the answer is to get the boons. Your boredom does not change this answer. In fact, you can prob get the boons faster if it was a lvl 60 area, so it actually reduces the length of time you need to be bored.
    edited May 2015
    Whether or not it's boring to you is irrelevant. I was simply answering your question on why lvl 70 players would want to play this content if it was a lvl 60 area. And the answer is to get the boons. In fact, you can prob get the boons faster too, so it actually reduces the length of time you need to be bored.

but it multiplies boredom by 10 so the amount of boredom is higher when fighting lvl 60 mobs that cant fight back :D
    Paladin Master Race
    edited May 2015
    but it multiplies boredom by 10 so the amount of boredom is higher when fighting lvl 60 mobs that cant fight back :D

10x boredom is the same as 100x boredom. I'd much rather spend less time being bored and doing something fun. And it still doesn't change the fact that lvl 70s will still run this content for the boons. :)
    edited May 2015
    10x boredom is the same as 100x boredom. I'd much rather spend less time being bored and doing something fun. And it still doesn't change the fact that lvl 70s will still run this content for the boons. :)

common boredom is just boring, but at 10x boredom you can feel your brain cells committing suicide :P
    Paladin Master Race
    edited May 2015
    common boredom is just boring, but at 10x boredom you can feel your brain cells committing suicide :P

Get better gear. I can handle 100x boredom without being one-shot.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Before this new module we had Sharandar, Dreadring, Icewind Dale and Well of Dragons at level 60. Now we go from the level 55 Whispering Caverns straight to everything else being level 70. Sure we can do the Nucklehead and Boo thing, but seriously, one set of quests?

My suggestion, not that it matters really, is that Sharandar and Dreadring drop back to level 60 and Well of Dragons and Icewind Dale drop to level 65. That way there is a small form of progression on our way to the Elemental Evil portion of the game. That will give a chance for people to gain gear and other equipment so they stand a chance in the level 70 zones.

Not everyone parties or joins guilds. There is a sizable solo community. This way everyone can enjoy the new content as well as the old.

Making the game too hard will only frustrate new players and usher in the demise of a game with huge untapped potential.

EDITED: Sorry about the lack of knowledge of the new questing areas being 60+ friendly. I was simply considering the possiblity of story progression. Sharandar is more of a side quest as is Icewind Dale. Dreadring is true story progression of sorts since it have Valindra in it. I think of Elemental Evil as a new story for extending the game world scenario.

Thank you for your time,
    Rog the White/Desiree Bolog/Og Bolog/Darken/Oni-hime Ninchee/Darken Dredd

Imagine that instead of ending the leveling process in the Whispering Caverns, as that Zone was the last "leveling zone" before Module 6, you now end that leveling process in Spinward Rise. From Wispering Caverns, which you should have gotten to at least 60, you then move on to the Drowned Shore and from there to Reclamation Rock and then on to the Fiery Pit, ending now with Spinward Rise.

Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Well of Dragons remain end-game PvE Content, as they have always been -- just now they are suited for level 70 players, as they were suited for end-game level 60 players at that earlier time.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Or people could just stop fighting the logical game progression and get through the Elemental Evil zones.

You don't even need to do them all: whenever your character reaches level 66 or 67, just get the intro quest to Spinward Rise from the Archdruid and move on.

It is just a brief pause in getting your boons; there's no need to turn the end-game campaigns into lowbie areas.

Well some of us already have the boons from those places. And where does " logical game progression" come into this release? There is none. Stuff in the game should of been left the way it was. If they had wanted to increase levels and add new stuff,it should of been added to the end game.Not injected into the middle where it did nothing but mess everyone up. Been playing D&D since the 70's and never have I had a DM or myself as a DM thought of doing this to the player's. How can a game that's still growing and developing have the end game all ready out there? Each new release should give new end game content. That is where the problem lay's . New end game gives player's some thing to strive for. Injecting stuff into the middle of the game so we can grind out 10 levels just to get back to doing the "SAME"stuff we were doing before makes no sense to many players.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Imagine that instead of ending the leveling process in the Whispering Caverns, as that Zone was the last "leveling zone" before Module 6, you now end that leveling process in Spinward Rise. From Wispering Caverns, which you should have gotten to at least 60, you then move on to the Drowned Shore and from there to Reclamation Rock and then on to the Fiery Pit, ending now with Spinward Rise.

Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale, and Well of Dragons remain end-game PvE Content, as they have always been -- just now they are suited for level 70 players, as they were suited for end-game level 60 players at that earlier time.

Yes makes perfect sense to anyone that had not already gotten to those places and had not done all the quests there and gotten all the boons.But it makes no sense to those of us that had already finished those areas and been doing WoD on a daily basis for months to all of a sudden not able to do those same quests without having to do this new grind fest they threw at us.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron