What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Zen to Money ratio is excessive and insane

2»

Comments

• crazyvipacrazyvipa Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    I don't know what to say, other than that buying Zen doesn't help with artifact weapons and barely helps with artifacts. It does help with making enchants, but not so much with just buying them.
    I think you just need to work on your grind game.

And the mount thing is still driving me nuts - if $16 for a blue mount is to 'out-there' for you, then I don't know what to say. Hell, with the current rate you can have a Rage Drake for $20. Where you keep getting $40 from - when literally NOTHING costs that much, is puzzling me.

a) You really want to spend $16 on a blue item?
    Just... lol. I have some blue gear that I'd love to sell you. I'll even give you a discount, $5/item.

b) Rage Drakes are not worth $20. Most on the auction house were sitting at 250k Zen, with days left on the auction (So they'll probably go to 300k or so). So at minimum, $25... most likely it'll end up being $30-40 for the low drake. (I'll double check when if I login tonight)
  • telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    wadaafaak wrote: »
    Well, I dont make it sound more expensive, you have to spend 40$ if you want the heavy howler for exemple, which is my def of a cool mount, cause i'm sorry but if you were to gear up, between blues or epics i doubt u'd choose blues, well that's the same for mounts, why pick a 80% when there are 110% available, basically you tell to buy a "cheap" 80% mount as a normal player without much cash to invest, well then they get a 30% speed advantage, and that's alot in an open map pvp ( which we dont have yet, i know ^^ )
    You're so focused on mounts tho, looks like a mount price is more of a big deal than cashers at a 5k gs difference :p
    Only focusing on mounts as that's a provable fallacy.
    Side note: the howler looks awful and messy to me. For that matter the armoured worg looked worse than the normal one and the armoured horse looks too big. Only now with the bear do I think the Zen store is selling a good looking purple.
    crazyvipa wrote: »
    a) You really want to spend $16 on a blue item?
    Just... lol. I have some blue gear that I'd love to sell you. I'll even give you a discount, $5/item.

b) Rage Drakes are not worth $20. Most on the auction house were sitting at 250k Zen, with days left on the auction (So they'll probably go to 300k or so). So at minimum, $25... most likely it'll end up being $30-40 for the low drake. (I'll double check when if I login tonight)
    A) I have several mounts - including the purple horse, the rage drake and the tiger. I mostly use the tiger.
    The purple mounts give very little advantage over the blue - and are definitely NOT worth $20 more than the blue mounts.
    I do like the look of the bear though.....
    (I admit I have a mount problem......... MMMMMM, mounts)

B) I totally agree - I got mine from a lock box I brought with spare AD. I actually really regret binding it, as it's worth more in trade than it is as a mount.
    The point with them is really just that the price is set by the community, not PW.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited May 2015
    I will have to Google this but I could of sworn that there was a law on the table (USA) that would ban real cash gambling type mechanics in video games. The lockboxes would fall under this law. Maybe it didn't pass or something lol. Could be the reason why AD exist as well as a loop hole the dev could use if it became illegal. Either way, yeah, the lockboxes suck. I already knew that as I've been a sucker for gacha type mechanics for many years before my now wife slapped some sense into me.
  • pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I will have to Google this but I could of sworn that there was a law on the table (USA) that would ban real cash gambling type mechanics in video games. The lockboxes would fall under this law. Maybe it didn't pass or something lol. Could be the reason why AD exist as well as a loop hole the dev could use if it became illegal. Either way, yeah, the lockboxes suck. I already knew that as I've been a sucker for gacha type mechanics for many years before my now wife slapped some sense into me.

I believe that it only falls under internet gambling if you can win money. We don't win money with lockboxs. It is a virtual item that has no real world value. Although, one could say the impulse to spend money is the same because to that person, it does have value.

Edit: but that's really stretching things.
  • blueberry1973blueberry1973 Member Posts: 58
    edited May 2015
    Never ever open lockboxes. It is gambling and I am surprised these games can still do stuff like this. Think about what a lockbox is.... if you got all the good stuff out of the first lockbox no one would spend money to open another one. In fact I doubt they are even random. For example only allow a 5% chance for the epic mount after opening 20 boxes. That way the customer must at least open 20 to even have a chance to get what they want. I am not saying they are doing this. I have no idea. I am just stating it is designed to take your money. Obviously.

The best policy is to never open them. It really is a dirty way to make money by combing pressure sales with gambling. I cannot believe this is legal.
  • waffennachtwaffennacht Member Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    pentnoir wrote: »
    I believe that it only falls under internet gambling if you can win money. We don't win money with lockboxs. It is a virtual item that has no real world value. Although, one could say the impulse to spend money is the same because to that person, it does have value.

Edit: but that's really stretching things.

You are right, as there is no cash prize its not gambling. The government looks at it like you are spending money on a game with no reward. I was a professional gambler on fulltilt before the banning.