test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double Refinement (2xRP) Weekend

engineerofevilengineerofevil Member Posts: 36 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Devs

Could you give us the date when you are going to have the next 2xRP weekend? Many of us have saved and are waiting for this event. This would also help with the Dragon Hoard Enchants not dropping too well.

Thank You
Post edited by engineerofevil on

Comments

• Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    breathing-intensifies-cat-gif.gif?w=300&h=250
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    breathing-intensifies-cat-gif.gif?w=300&h=250
    this this and more this.
  • Options
    crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I would prefer they fix dragon hoards first :/

Double rp won't help that situation to me, only make it worse since I can't get much rp due to them just suddenly not working.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I vote for triple refinement weekend ;)
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I would prefer they fix dragon hoards first :/

Double rp won't help that situation to me, only make it worse since I can't get much rp due to them just suddenly not working.
    i support this comment 100%
  • Options
    alfalolzalfalolz Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i support this comment 100%

so as everybody else )
  • Options
    kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs

Could you give us the date when you are going to have the next 2xRP weekend? Many of us have saved and are waiting for this event. This would also help with the Dragon Hoard Enchants not dropping too well.

Thank You

No. It's too early IMHO. There are still some players spending all of their time complaining about how hard the game is on the forums. Now they would complain about how they didn't have time to collect RP for the 2x RP event. They're quite a noisy bunch too.

In all seriousness though, it's really too early. Some of the more casual players still haven't had time gathering their lvl 70 artifact equipments including neck and belt.
    Misfits
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kahfa wrote: »
    In all seriousness though, it's really too early. Some of the more casual players still haven't had time gathering their lvl 70 artifact equipments including neck and belt.

I'm a casual. Are the belt and neck items obtained through jewelcrafting at level 25?
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They should implement every third week as double RP weekends, instead having to save stuff for months and months, we all know a pre determined time to dump what we have into items.

Atm, Im not really farming RP, nor buying it, Im not going to get caught up in it, next weekend they have, I will dump my old artifact gear into the new ones and call it good, my goal is to get 3 toons with 4 purples and call it good, Im not going to worry about anything else anymore, all they will do is replace them, its too much effort honestly.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    I'm a casual. Are the belt and neck items obtained through jewelcrafting at level 25?

no, you can buy both in ah, or get artifact gear from places like VT, MC or get a greater cloak via 15 linus if you prefarmed one.
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I believe the best options are:

1) make one rigth now if they are planning leaving Tiamat difficulty as it is rigth now.

2) make the event about 2 weeks after the people is able to finnish tiamat runs again.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I vote for triple refinement weekend ;)

Did you say TRIPLE refinement ?!

Funny-And-Cute-kitty-Cats-Pictures-3.jpg
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Devs

Thank You

Double RP in preparation to an expansion so players can max their current artifacts before rolling them into new ones makes sense. Double RP to breeze you up to teal so in a few days or weeks you'll be sitting there with nothing to do waiting for the next mod does not.

Just because people got used to double RP and have their bags full doesn't mean another event at this time makes sense. I've been telling guild mates to prepare for the idea there may not necessarily be another for a long time.

If there is, fine. I enjoy them too. Just saying there's not much purpose for them atm other than inflated player expectations.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »

The neck pieces come either from Linu favors, or as drops in the appropriate dungeons (e.g. Lostmauth Hoard necklace from ELOL).

The belts come from Dragon Herald HE rewards although I think they are bugged, the last belt I got was a mod4 lvl 60 belt and that was in mod6.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I vote for x2 RP weekend too! New 70 lvl artifact gear and paladin class need this badly. I am sure people stocked up some RP for it before m6 hit live even.

Also, I am looking forward to next lockbox event too :D
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    vasdamas wrote: »
    I vote for x2 RP weekend too! New 70 lvl artifact gear and paladin class need this badly. I am sure people stocked up some RP for it before m6 hit live even.

Also, I am looking forward to next lockbox event too :D

I'm keen for next lockbox also. Might go buy 100 keys again for lulz, But It'd need to have some nice value stuff for me to warrant spending that much zen on "chances" , and some cool transmutes as the "common" items ( ( I like genies gift, except for the fact the only ones worth doing are WoD and Dreadring from it) I am so sick of silvery scales with a rank 4.. at least make it a rank 5 or 6. rank 5 is the new fodder level enchant at 70 level cap. so why not improve the box rewards to match that in newer boxes.

When it comes to rp though. if you did a double RP event once a month or every 3 weeks. then whats the point of having NON double RP. I mean people will just hoard all their RP till that day every time.

Personally I'd rather see the rp value increase on things like peridots / pearls / black opal / diamond / aqua / sapphire, ruby, etc. so they are more valuable than just farming rank 5 stacks again. double the value of these RP items (200,1000,3000,10000,20000,100000,500000) and make them the "higher end" RP items. Hell, Pearls should just be removed and any "pearl" drop should be a peridot or higher instead. at level 70 you get so many rank 5 at it is that pearls are just vendor trash. you might be able to use them in your Arti equip, But 100 rp in an item that needs over 4.6 million is hilarious.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    tonyswutonyswu Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    gphxgphx wrote: »
    Double RP in preparation to an expansion so players can max their current artifacts before rolling them into new ones makes sense. Double RP to breeze you up to teal so in a few days or weeks you'll be sitting there with nothing to do waiting for the next mod does not.

Sounds like you are counting "refining" as doing something in the game.

I applaud your logic.
  • Options
    khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This saving refining stones for double RP weekends just shows what a fail the refining system is in its current state - people would rather crowd their inventory with one million and one (pointless) kinds of refining stones.
    When they introduced the (then) new refining system they said that it's meant to help us keep our inventory tidier. We were supposed to use enchantments/refining stones as soon as they drop, not save them for weeks and weeks, in the hopes of a double RP weekend. And yet, here we are begging for a double PR weekend, because our inventories are too crowded. This is how desperate we are for RP, and I hate that we have to resort to this to make any decent progress with Artifacts. But at the same time it defeats the purpose of the changes they did to the refining system back then.
    Refining is the worse plague Neverwinter has ever faced - worse even that the Spell-Plague. Crowded inventories and crying for double RP weekends are just symptoms of the plague.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    The neck pieces come either from Linu favors, or as drops in the appropriate dungeons (e.g. Lostmauth Hoard necklace from ELOL).

The belts come from Dragon Herald HE rewards although I think they are bugged, the last belt I got was a mod4 lvl 60 belt and that was in mod6.

Guess I won't plan on getting those unless they can be bought with AD . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    ly4icolncaly4icolnca Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When? wheeen? :D
  • Options
    gogu79gogu79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ly4icolnca wrote: »
    When? wheeen? :D

next year
    if will be 2x rp now will ruin the game all items will be fully upgraded and all char will be too op
    Dragons? On MY Way !!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gogu79 wrote: »
    next year
    if will be 2x rp now will ruin the game all items will be fully upgraded and all char will be too op

You must be daft..
    Not everyone has millions of AD / RP stacked waiting since months..
    There are new players that would benefit alot from x2 RP event...
    With all those bugs / imbalance / exploits and ridiculous pve difficulty it would be a gesture of good manners from PWE / Cryptic to run such event to vent general frustration.
  • Options
    wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You must be daft..
    With all those bugs / imbalance / exploits and ridiculous pve difficulty it would be a gesture of good manners from PWE / Cryptic to run such event to vent general frustration.

Quite the opposite. Old players with old legendary artifacts + millions rp stored for rpx2 would benefit the event much more than poor players without any savings. What they gonna do with the rp x 2 now? Upgrade artis from green to blue? For them its better to wait like 1-2 months so they can at least save enough rp to get a purple arti. And they run a whole week exp x2 event to vent general frustration, which, imo, is MUCH better for new players.
  • Options
    xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You don't have to wait, just use All ur RP omg..
    There is tons of people already walking with full 70th Legendary's or Mystic (they haven't any problems)

The only thing what it will cause,
    it is to rise up all Prices and destroy the market for sellers or buyer.

- I Disagree, we DON'T need another 2x RP! -
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    You don't have to wait, just use All ur RP omg..

BS...worst advice ever. Do you know how many RPs you loose if you make now an legendary lev. 70 weapon? Easy to count. And let us know how many time you need to farm them. Mystic artefacts is easy to make. r5 Ench are cheap at ah. But you cant refine enchants in arte weapon/belt/neck. "just use All ur RP omg..." sry...thats BS.
    And OFC we need a double RP event!

Best post so far:
    You must be daft..

100% agree

• Options
    ehhhhhhwatehhhhhhwat Member Posts: 52
    edited April 2015
    I am also in for double refinement event, I am fairly new but according to my calculations if there was 2x RP event I could make my blue artifacts epic with ease...

Green > Blue takes little RP but Blue to Purple kinda more...

x2 RP PRETTY PLEASE ! <3
  • Options
    onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's the reason they introduced new bigger bags, so you can store more RP until the next RP weekend.