test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Accessing NW chat from outside the game

nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm pretty sure someone has posted a guide to do this in the past, would highly appreciate it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xen1912xen1912 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Chat#Out_of_Game_Chat

This should be what you are looking for.

• Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xen1912 wrote: »
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Chat#Out_of_Game_Chat

This should be what you are looking for.

Interesting..... Very interesting. Is it so far off base to assume that th is the mechanism used for all of the general chat channel spamming that currently plagues the game?
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Interesting..... Very interesting. Is it so far off base to assume that th is the mechanism used for all of the general chat channel spamming that currently plagues the game?

I doubt it. It requires you to be subbed to one of Cryptics other games to make use of the feature.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    To use XMPP Chat Service, you need to be a Gold Member of either STO, CO, or both. Which means that you need to either be subscribed to one or both or have a lifetime membership with one or both. The STO forums just made a new iteration of their thread on it, here. Their old original thread (now locked), is here.

There's no way to chat in Zone, LFG, Trade, Group, or Say. You can only connect to Private Channels and Guild Channels. As well, it is really difficult to sent Private Messages to anyone who is not on your contact list or hasn't sent you a tell first, as the tell command doesn't function correctly or requires a specific command line output to use, which I haven't been able to figure out. Since the chat servers span all three games, you can chat with anyone in any game and connect to any custom channel or guild channel you belong to, regardless of the game.
  • Options
    nehemiah217nehemiah217 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    zebular wrote: »

There's no way to chat in Zone, LFG, Trade, Group, or Say. You can only connect to Private Channels and Guild Channels. As well, it is really difficult to sent Private Messages to anyone who is not on your contact list or hasn't sent you a tell first, as the tell command doesn't function correctly or requires a specific command line output to use, which I haven't been able to figure out. Since the chat servers span all three games, you can chat with anyone in any game and connect to any custom channel or guild channel you belong to, regardless of the game.

Thanks for the info, Zeb. The page that was linked stated "Global" chat channels which I had taken to mean Zone channels. That clears up the confusion for sure.
  • Options
    d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can you imagine the havoc spammers could wreak if they could do this? I for one, am glad this is not an option.