test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This coveted companion is yours to keep!

Comments

• mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    no mods want to step forward and explain?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    karok73 wrote: »
    This is not an old promo, it's a current one.

neverwinter%20promo_zpsia1atllj.png

How the hell do I get this promo? I have played every day since day one of open beta and have never been given one of these veteran loyalty codes , wtf man ....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited April 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    How the hell do I get this promo? I have played every day since day one of open beta and have never been given one of these veteran loyalty codes , wtf man ....

thats what i want to know too
  • praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »

Its getting to the point where the company's actions are showing how much they truly value those of us who have supported this game since release....
    edited April 2015
    no devs even gonna comment on this??? bad style
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We are not allowed to ask directly for a response, however you can word it for better commuication.

I have no ideal if this is just another green comp, I have loads of those, but ya, your all right, its really cheesy sometimes.

I even used to attend all of those streams as well. I would like to know what they consider loyal or veteran enough to earn this.. or was it just a random 150000 names in a hat and 5000 got them or something.
    edited April 2015
    silverkelt wrote: »
    We are not allowed to ask directly for a response, however you can word it for better commuication.

I have no ideal if this is just another green comp, I have loads of those, but ya, your all right, its really cheesy sometimes.

I even used to attend all of those streams as well. I would like to know what they consider loyal or veteran enough to earn this.. or was it just a random 150000 names in a hat and 5000 got them or something.

i sended in a ticket, about this, and still no reply
    edited April 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    i sent in a ticket, about this, and still no reply

I honestly don't think that support is gonna be any help here (not that they usually are). They'll probably say something like "We regret that you didn't receive this code, but it was sent out to those who we believe to be veteran supporters of our game. We don't care if you've been playing since beta or not, if you didn't receive a code you're not a veteran supporter."
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly don't think that support is gonna be any help here (not that they usually are). They'll probably say something like "We regret that you didn't receive this code, but it was sent out to those who we believe to be veteran supporters of our game. We don't care if you've been playing since beta or not, if you didn't receive a code you're not a veteran supporter."

Which would be unfortunate, since I also haven't received this code nor has my trove of elemental evil code worked yet. :(
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,
    If the code isn't working, our support staff would be glad to help out: https://support.arcgames.com/
    I'll look more into it on my end, as well.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

edited April 2015
    Hey guys,
    If the code isn't working, our support staff would be glad to help out: https://support.arcgames.com/

great to hear, but what about the player who got no codes???
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Will the rest of us veteran players be receiving our codes soon?
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got the email, no companion yet though. Not sure why I was selected. I was an early supporter but haven't played in a few months, so that could be it.
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    who's getting these codes and why?
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
  • healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am not surprised some people get it for doing almost absolutely nothing while the others have done different things, played a long time and recently, paid substantial amount of money, or among the most active, etc, but don't get the email. This is just the Enthusiast Pack Gate again. The news breaks only when the "chosen ones" did not get the bestow of the "god" due to a failed divine intervention.

Get real people, Cryptic is not going to answer. Don't expect equal treatment even though you think you should be more equal since you paid, played or voiced positively a lot. Some are more equal than thou.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

Can you explain to us how we even qualify for the code in the picture I will post please , the problem isn't that the code isn't working , the problem is that many of us never even received the email in the first place? the email says that veteran players qualify but I and many others have played several hours every single day since day one of open beta and not one of us have received the email , this is the email in question

neverwinter%20promo_zpsia1atllj.png[/QUOTE]
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have too many companions and Mounts as it is....

I am glad I got what I did

Urlord
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    Going by those last two lines... it almost looks like fhey are trying to get old players to play again, if they let their account sit without logging in.

nice, then i can stop playing too, and get free loot, insteed of giving it to the player that still play
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The way this promotion has worked seems pretty bad to those of us that have stuck with the game through thick and thin, many of us since beta, but the promotion was obviously targeting the fence sitters who seem to have a waning interest in that game and a new shiny might get them back playing again. The way the email was worded seemed offensive as it seemed to be describing the games greatest devotees and supporters, but it's market speak to engender confidence and excitement in those who receive it.

There is an upside to all this though. It means that PWE does have at least a passing care about the exodus of players and is doing something to bring some of the older players back which I find somewhat commendable as we need players to keep the game alive. We can only hope that Cryptic isn't so confident in our undying devotion to the game that they don't eventually throw a bone to the REAL veterans and ELITE of the game with some kind of special edition LEGENDARY pet that shows you are a true supporter of the game even if that support isn't always of the financial sort.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i dont see any new companion, all i got was a lousy free Elemental giftbox, and got 4 secs elemental seal.
    was that a special packages for those who "bought", can only get those?
    edited April 2015
    Hey guys,

thats all we get hu? cant tell us wtf is happening? and still havent fixed Power/feed, the game is unplayible ATM
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    thats all we get hu? cant tell us wtf is happening? and still havent fixed Power/feed, the game is unplayible ATM

He is a community manager, not a developer.
    edited April 2015
    He is a community manager, not a developer.

yeah but I would think that he's got a more direct line of communication with them than we do.
  • redlotusredlotus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got a email three days ago that had a code for the drow mercenary. I entered in the code in ARC and logged in and went to claim npc. I was able to claim the drow mercenary.

I play as a paladin and find the drow a nice match for me.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a very disappointing when you realize that this game doesn't really give gifts, rewards, or benefits for sticking with it for the long term. I haven't played GW2 since June of 2013 and I've had game functionality gifts (making dyes account wide instead of per character, they gave each character a gift dye for each overlap between characters of the same rarity), character birthdays, holiday gifts, and more. Neverwinter has gifted nothing in appreciation, compensation for changes or losses, or long term dedication.

It would be nice to see some things along these lines, especially retroactively.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
    edited April 2015
    azlanfox wrote: »
    It is a very disappointing when you realize that this game doesn't really give gifts, rewards, or benefits for sticking with it for the long term. I haven't played GW2 since June of 2013 and I've had game functionality gifts (making dyes account wide instead of per character, they gave each character a gift dye for each overlap between characters of the same rarity), character birthdays, holiday gifts, and more. Neverwinter has gifted nothing in appreciation, compensation for changes or losses, or long term dedication.

It would be nice to see some things along these lines, especially retroactively.

Aiming rewards like these at players who haven't played in a while in an attempt to get them to come back makes sence. HOWEVER, it shouldn't be phrased as a reward for being a "veteran supporter" if thats not the intent.
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Aiming rewards like these at players who haven't played in a while in an attempt to get them to come back makes sence. HOWEVER, it shouldn't be phrased as a reward for being a "veteran supporter" if thats not the intent.

That is part of the problem. With my GW2 example, none of this was incentive to return, those are entirely different types of incentives. Part of the rub is that Cryptic sends out little incentives to players to come back, but those of us that keep playing don't get some type of acknowledgment or benefit and a few other games out there do.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • demonstorms56demonstorms56 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    redlotus wrote: »
    I got a email three days ago that had a code for the drow mercenary. I entered in the code in ARC and logged in and went to claim npc. I was able to claim the drow mercenary.

I play as a paladin and find the drow a nice match for me.

What was the code you had to enter
    Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War
  • taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So..... the Drow Mercenary promo is aimed at former players or those players who play infrequently. Then to add insult to injury if they continue to play for a whole week they will receive even more goodies. Nice way to alienate a large part of your player base. I can understand the value of trying to entice players to return to game. Who knows they might even purchase some Zen, which is the whole point of this experiment.

I don't really mind for myself, because I hardly play anymore. It is, however, totally unfair to the people who really do support this game, not just with their time, but their money. I use to be one of them, but for several months I've been looking for a new game to have fun in.

This is one of the things Cryptic needs to rethink. Will they? Not likely, and that's too bad.
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Got the email, but I dont use bloatware like Arc when I used to play the game.

Arc promotions again, you gotta laugh...