test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My little review/feedback of the game so far.

projectdannyprojectdanny Member Posts: 23 Arc User
Hey so I been playing the game on PC since beta and been playing this game on Xbox since launch so I thought I would just share my thoughts and opinions in as much a constructive way as I can.... These are my opinions thanks :)

So far when I first played this game on xbox it was not perfect launch but it was ok I was having fun for a few hours till eventual I got a disconnect with every loading screen... (no my Internet is fine thank you) and boy are there a lot of loading screens....

Then when I got in big battles I would die as my game would freeze so I couldn't dodge so I spent a lot of time dieing... and the frames per second was so low it was like a sideshow....

So then I tried out dungeons... got kicked constantly from every dungeon from level 12 ans up so I gave up and just did quests... mind you fighting was tiring with the lag disconnects and frames per second loss... but I finally made it to 60...

So I thought 60 would be great....well...was i wrong... constant kicks from dungeons every time i que so I gave up on it. So I went to farm dragons... but the slides how fps was horrible and gave me a headache my eyes hurt... so I gave up on that.... so I tried pvp... but got 1 shot by rogues... A lot... so I gave up on that and made a new character....

I then looked at the store to see if anything could cheer me up... and boy I was wrong. .. The things in there are **** expensive... and some items are pay to win... (this is my oppinion) it seems people who spend a lot in the game have some really good items that can then dominate people with in both pve and pvp...

The other thing I noticed as well is the graphics and the graphics glitches... this is 2015 there really is no exuse to have a game with this poor quality in graphics and some of them glitch out like armor clipping and capes clipping floating trees and just plain bad textures...

The other thing that got to me is the zones... They are so tiny that you can complete them in less than an hour and are so small you can get from 1 end to the other in 60 seconds... no room for exploration and discovery....

Then there is the constant maintenance they do... which never fixes anything.... its been over a month now and not a single thing has been fixed... at all... but hey they do add items to the cash shop... go figure.... this game looks like a cash grab that was only made to last a few months...

All in all I had hopes for this game but after 2 years on PC and playing xbox it's clear they do not care and nothing has been fixed... I'm sorry but I will be leaving this game for a more better ge Elder Scrolls Online.... atleast they care and have quality content...

For those who didn't read here is a short summery of everything.

Pros:
- Umm... I'll get back to you on that....

Cons:
- Bad out dated terrible graphics
- cash shop is over priced and full of items that give advantage to players.
- Constant Disconnects
- Very low FPS and bad performance and constant freezing and shutting down xbox.
- Constant kicks from dungeons with no reason ans abusing the kick function
- Been over a month and not a single fix has been made even after countless maintenances
- They care more about money than fixing things ans answering problems the players have
- Rogues rediculously over power with still no fixes.

I can go on forever but you see my point.

This game will not last with 2 of the biggest games coming out this year Elder Scrolls and Fable Legends so they either make some dramatic changed fast or this game will be dead in 6 weeks when Elder Scrolls hits the Xbox

Do Something Now!
Post edited by projectdanny on

Comments

• Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do enjoy this game quite a bit but you are spot on with the issues. It's great that MMMO's are making its way to Xbox but I also don't expect this game to survive after ESO and now there are also rumors for FFXIV possibly coming to xbox.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    shadow2085shadow2085 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Wont lie everything ur complaning about, is just typical QQ u get 1 shott by rogues casue u lack gear prob, u get kicked from dungeons casue ur GS is to low prob. FPS always goes down when 100 people are trying to attack the same target lol...Im getting way less issues then you are on this game. Stop Crying and if you dont like it DONT PLAY LOL. Also everything in the Zen market can be bought with in game currency LOL QQ more BRO

Also ESO was **** for Computer so doubt it will be any better on here , and FF was good until u were fully geared in the first week and cleared all the content lol... Like i said stop QQ start playing and if you dont like then you can "Get out"
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    shadow2085 wrote: »
    Wont lie everything ur complaning about, is just typical QQ u get 1 shott by rogues casue u lack gear prob, u get kicked from dungeons casue ur GS is to low prob. FPS always goes down when 100 people are trying to attack the same target lol...Im getting way less issues then you are on this game. Stop Crying and if you dont like it DONT PLAY LOL. Also everything in the Zen market can be bought with in game currency LOL QQ more BRO

Also ESO was **** for Computer so doubt it will be any better on here , and FF was good until u were fully geared in the first week and cleared all the content lol... Like i said stop QQ start playing and if you dont like then you can "Get out"

Ahh... typical child keyboard warrior who thinks he knows it all and is pro using his mommy credit card... your post is not constructive and garbage and does not contribute to this conversation at all...

Please leave the talking to the grownups thank you

Also ESO trumps neverwinter as atleast THEY care to fix their game they fixed ESO in a year... neverwinter has been out for 2 and a half and still the same problems exist...

And FYI I am a 15k gears score cleric so your argument is moot... again... move along child...
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you seemingly think a game is so inherently flawed and broken, why have you bothered to play it for a month (on XBox) and kit out your toon to 15K? Not to mention it sounds like you subjected yourself to the same broken and flawed game for 2.5ish years on PC? Glutton for punishment?
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Cons:
    - Bad out dated terrible graphics
    - cash shop is over priced and full of items that give advantage to players.
    - Constant Disconnects
    - Very low FPS and bad performance and constant freezing and shutting down xbox.
    - Constant kicks from dungeons with no reason ans abusing the kick function
    - Been over a month and not a single fix has been made even after countless maintenances
    - They care more about money than fixing things ans answering problems the players have
    - Rogues rediculously over power with still no fixes.

-cash shop not overpriced for someone who has a job
    -this is true needs fixed
    -never had a shut down, only time fps is low is in an instance where every class has a ground effect and you pull whole rooms, xbox needs an update to fix this or we need to be able to adjust our graphics.
    -Im assuming you are being kicked so they can get a friend in or a guildie, or they think ur bad, this should be fixed.
    -Ive noticed improvements over the maintenance, but atm they are more focused on pc for mod6
    -welcome to mmo world
    -i will say this because no one seems to realize this so time for caps: THEY ARENT GOING TO FIX ROGUES ON XBOX. THEY WILL NOT RUN TWO DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF A PATCH. WE WILL GET WHAT PC GETS, IF ROGUES ARE FIXED THERE THEY WILL BE FIXED WHEN WE GET THE PATCH. NO AMOUNT OF *****ING AND MOANING WILL FIX THIS FACT. LEARN THIS. LIVE THIS. STOP *****ING LIKE A ****. (play an hr and think rogues are to strong but realize no amount of *****ing will fix)

Have a nice day.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ahh... typical child keyboard warrior who thinks he knows it all and is pro using his mommy credit card... your post is not constructive and garbage and does not contribute to this conversation at all...

Please leave the talking to the grownups thank you

Also ESO trumps neverwinter as atleast THEY care to fix their game they fixed ESO in a year... neverwinter has been out for 2 and a half and still the same problems exist...

And FYI I am a 15k gears score cleric so your argument is moot... again... move along child...

Hmmm, resorts to name calling and insults when disagreed with...

Yes, there are problems. Fixes will come. Rogues will always be OP, until they are not.

ESO doesn't trump anything. Promises made, promises broken. Trust is gone for too many players. Personally, I think they made, yet another, a major mistake offering the $20 console transfer (of course it doesn't mean I didn't take them up on it). People don't like seeing max level players on day one, if it is not themselves.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The only reason I am here is because there is no other mmo out for xbox one... that's it...
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The only reason I am here is because there is no other mmo out for xbox one... that's it...

If i were u i would wait for ESO, the pc version i heard blew so may want to save your money and wait for the reviews after the first 2 weeks, cause if it isnt 30000% better than its pc counterpart, its gonna flop
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Its week 4. Of course there are problems. Don't forget this game was free to play. We didn't have to pay anything to download the client or connect to the servers. You can't possibly expect the game producers to run at a loss. They will need to demonstrate that free-to-play model works on console and they will also need to recover some costs from the initial port to xbone.

I've played free-to-play offerings before on different platforms, but this is the only one I've sunk a proper amount of cash into. I want the game to succeed on console and one of the ways of doing that is to make sure that the people who make it are financially independent enough to do so (cos thats why Bethesda and Blizzard are able to make such polished offerings). I've bought zen to the tune of what it would have approximately cost me to purchase a new release xbone game.

They need a few more months to demonstrate that they can do all that and also prioritise and release fixes to some of the problems that have been consistently identified.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    shadow2085 wrote: »

wtf is this guy ranting about? Lol

Do yourself a favor and stay in school. Education is valuable.

It's impossible to have an opinion on this forum because of people like you.
  • Options
    karlspaklerkarlspakler Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Definitely some legitimate gripes in the OP, but I still enjoy this game a lot bugs and all. No real game killers for me yet. My main is lvl 60 with a 9k+ gear score and the only thing I have paid for so far is a faster mount. I'm not patient enough to watch a slow running horse.

D&D was part of my youth and there is a lot here that is done very well. If this game is an indication of the direction console MMOs can go, I think they have a bright cloud based future.
  • Options
    arlequin13arlequin13 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey so I been playing the game on PC since beta and been playing this game on Xbox since launch so I thought I would just share my thoughts and opinions in as much a constructive way as I can....

Here is what i don't get; you have been playing this game since the pc beta yet cannot come up with a single reason to like it? Why are you even still here?

Also am i the only one that doesnt seem to find rogues OP? And no i run a HR trapper, not a rogue.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    arlequin13 wrote: »
    Here is what i don't get; you have been playing this game since the pc beta yet cannot come up with a single reason to like it? Why are you even still here?

Also am i the only one that doesnt seem to find rogues OP? And no i run a HR trapper, not a rogue.

No, there are others that dont feel rogues are OP. And you being an HR trapper makes sense. HR trapper is by far the best class/build to deal with Rogues.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    D&D was part of my youth and there is a lot here that is done very well. If this game is an indication of the direction console MMOs can go, I think they have a bright cloud based future.

I am right there with you. this may sound silly but the quest where you are walking through a hallway and a Gelatinous Cube drops down,, I was like YEAH!! Now that is how I envisioned it when playing table top. That was well done and totally took me by surprise. Sadly that is the only time I have seen one though. And I am still waiting to find the Beholder! Man I cant wait for that.
  • Options
    draven165draven165 Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    arlequin13 wrote: »

I was going to post something like this earlier then thought nah. But exactly. What bugs me is people claiming I have been playing for years and I hate this game... Umm if I dont particularly like something I wouldnt spend years playing it let alone waste my time going into a forum and posting about how much I play and how much I hate something.

This is right up there with the guy that posted I uninstalled the game to solve my problems yet they continue to post several other posts about things they are doing in the game. I want to copy their original and paste it saying "I thought you said you uninstalled the game". Some people complain just to get a rise out of others. Its sad.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    draven165 wrote: »
    I am right there with you. this may sound silly but the quest where you are walking through a hallway and a Gelatinous Cube drops down,, I was like YEAH!! Now that is how I envisioned it when playing table top. That was well done and totally took me by surprise. Sadly that is the only time I have seen one though. And I am still waiting to find the Beholder! Man I cant wait for that.

Felt the same way, beholder is in castle never btw. Having D&D background from my childhood makes little details like this fun. I was so happy the first mimic i opened :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The reason I played for so long I'd I had hopes this game would improve.... yet it has not....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The reason I played for so long I'd I had hopes this game would improve.... yet it has not....

You can't honestly expect this game to be better then the PC version from launch. They have to run the same game mechanics on both. The only area this game could end up passing the PC version is server stability, lag, framerates, etc... We all know this is an area they have lots of room to improve.
  • Options
    reallyreconreallyrecon Member Posts: 170 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I expect ESO to have plenty of problems for the first month or two of release, especially in the lag/framerate department. While they mostly had problems with performance optimization due to the diversity of computer builds and different processors/video cards that required them to tweak their coding with every patch, and you'd expect that to be easier since every X1 runs the same hardware, Zenimax has a bad history of not learning from their mistakes and implementing game systems/patches before they're ready or have been thoroughly tested.

Their in-house patch testers are a joke, and the fact that they asked my guild numerous times to waste our time on their broken PTS server testing things they should be able to adequately test themselves kind of attests to that

Test.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
    Gamertag: ReallyRecon
  • Options
    getphazedgetphazed Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ESO on the pc sucked, why do you think they ditched the subscription model and went BTP? This game should be viewed as a new release, yes it has been put on the pc for a while but its new on Xbox which means new code which means new issues. Seems a lot of the people complaining are fairly new to mmorpg and haven't dealt with the terrible release of every mmorpg to date, hasn't been one released without a ton of issues.
  • Options
    telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey so I been playing the game on PC since beta and been playing this game on Xbox since launch so I thought I would just share my thoughts and opinions in as much a constructive way as I can....
    That’s… a lot of time on a game you don’t like, my friend.
    Have you considered playing a game you do enjoy? That’d likely fix most of your problems.
    So far when I first played this game on xbox it was not perfect launch but it was ok I was having fun for a few hours till eventual I got a disconnect with every loading screen... (no my Internet is fine thank you) and boy are there a lot of loading screens....
    Meanwhile, other people like myself have very few problems… so while the game has its fair share of issues, environmental factors with your CPE or ISP are likely also playing a part.
    So I thought 60 would be great....well...was i wrong... constant kicks from dungeons every time i que so I gave up on it.
    This… is a real issue. There are some real bullies and jerks at level 60. That isn’t Cryptic or PW’s fault, but they should address it. My group won’t kick without good reason, and we kick kickers.
    I then looked at the store to see if anything could cheer me up... and boy I was wrong. .. The things in there are **** expensive...
    YMMV – In my country we’re paying $100-$150 for a new game, so for us these are reasonably priced (although still on the high side).
    and some items are pay to win... (this is my oppinion) it seems people who spend a lot in the game have some really good items that can then dominate people with in both pve and pvp...
    Name three examples. Heck, name even two.
    There is no Pay-to-win items in the pay store. There are cute mounts and fancy clothes… but nothing that significantly boosts performance in PVE, and nothing that’s allowing advantage in PVP.

Worth restating this: There are things you might WANT in the Zen store, but nothing you need. Anything top tier can be earned and (of course) you can earn Zen in-game to get anything you want from the store.
    With two double Diamond events since launch you could have, very very easily, have earned enough to buy almost anything in there.
    Then there is the constant maintenance they do... which never fixes anything.... its been over a month now and not a single thing has been fixed... at all... but hey they do add items to the cash shop... go figure.... this game looks like a cash grab that was only made to last a few months...
    A. They have fixed issues (although many still remain).
    B. Adding items that are already part of the code-base is far easier than fixing wide ranging and inconsistent connection issues spanning multiple countries. Just because they are doing one doesn’t mean they are neglecting the other.
    I'm sorry but I will be leaving this game for a more better ge Elder Scrolls Online.... atleast they care and have quality content...
    Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    Good one!
    Do Something Now!
    Enjoy paying for Elder Scrolls – see you when you come crawling back. :)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
    "In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
  • Options
    silver44swordsilver44sword Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I too have the same experience. Beta with the PC version, launch of the X1 version. The issues are there as u say and unresolved for the most part. The biggest issue I have is the graphics. They look like 720p rather than HD 1080p like on the PC. My PC hardware is relatively comparable to the X1's hardware so I know that that issue is not hardware related.

The other gripe is about missing content like the foundry..."Oh where art thou foundry, where have thee gone?"

Overall i play NWO on the X1 because of the controller and comfort, and have hope that things will change with eventual updates we will just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I too have the same experience. Beta with the PC version, launch of the X1 version. The issues are there as u say and unresolved for the most part. The biggest issue I have is the graphics. They look like 720p rather than HD 1080p like on the PC. My PC hardware is relatively comparable to the X1's hardware so I know that that issue is not hardware related.

There's a good portion of Xbox games that aren't designed to render in 1080p because it's more difficult to design a rendering system that works with X1 hardware than it would be to design one for PS4/PC. Given the relatively short amount of time they spent developing and polishing this game for X1 I'm dead certain that it's not designed to render in 1080p and will never be able to do so.

As for the Foundry, Microsoft's constraints on user-created content and their inability or lack of resources necessary to moderate said content means either PW/Cryptic thought it wasn't worth it or it was just plain impossible. Either way, don't keep your fingers crossed. Sure, there are exceptions (Project Spark), but then again there always are.
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • Options
    latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    People that claiming that ESO sucked most likely put little to no time into it or could not afford to buy the game and pay a subscription fee on top of it. Even if the game launches with issues which it is bound to, ESO will be a HUGE step up from Nevewinter. Take it from someone who has played it for over a year & all of the beta phases, it is WORTH the purchase. Especially in its current state. There is plenty of PvE content, a great story, superb realm vs realm PvP & so on.

As for the OP, you do make some solid points. The game CAN be Pay to Win if you obtain the items needed to make it so. Like having certain artifacts or items that can be used in PvP, you will have a huge jump over the competition. At some point however, the free players will catch up as there is only so much money can get you before you hit a wall. I expected the graphics to not be great since the Xbox One is not a very strong console. It has a mid range APU at best & is considered a low end part by PC standards now. Pretty much saying, the system is a piece of junk. They can further optimize the code so the game does run a bit better but they won't be able to improve much given the limitations of the console.
  • Options
    mrdurvamrdurva Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry but you want to talk about a "MMO" that is horrible go play Defiance then come talk. This game will last cause one people love the f2p games the X1 has (Warframe, Project Spark, and Neverwinter) Also Fable Legends beta doesn't even work properly. At least the beta for this game worked. I have managed to get through 1 full game on Fable Legends and thats it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    People that claiming that ESO sucked most likely put little to no time into it or could not afford to buy the game and pay a subscription fee on top of it. Even if the game launches with issues which it is bound to, ESO will be a HUGE step up from Nevewinter. Take it from someone who has played it for over a year & all of the beta phases, it is WORTH the purchase. Especially in its current state. There is plenty of PvE content, a great story, superb realm vs realm PvP & so on.

I agree with some points, but your assumptions are largely incorrect. The Trials system was a failure and leaderboards were a joke. Win-trading Emperor status was way too common and Forward Camps ruined any semblance of large-scale battle strategy. There were plenty of game-breaking bugs that went unfixed, exploits ignored that were reported in the ALPHA, and disconnection issues that persisted for far too long.

Top that off with a Dev team that consistently said one thing and did another and you can see why many people were pissed off. I played the game for over a year as well, and though I enjoyed my time playing I can largely attribute that to my guild and the people in it; we had to actively seek fun where the game failed to deliver any.

My credentials: world first AA and Hel Ra full clears, world first Emperor
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    My credentials: world first AA and Hel Ra full clears, world first Emperor

Sounds like you put little to no time into it ;)
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    Sounds like you put little to no time into it ;)

The saddest part is we had monthly meetings with the Community Manager as well as frequent talks where the Devs themselves would come into our TeamSpeak server and we would have an hour-long Q&A, laying out all the things we thought needed changes or tweaks, as well as forwarding popular feedback we gathered from our forums that other players contributed.

They still neglected 80% of what we had to say and continued implementing "their vision" of what they wanted the game to be. Turns out when you make a game the way you want, even though most of the players clearly want something else, those players don't stick around for long. Who would've guessed? :rolleyes:
    Recon - 60 Cleric
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Although I only played the PC a bit, I'm already kind of offended by the way console players have been treated by ESO. Delay upon delay, contents of my pre-order bundle changing with little notification, non-communication... I've had it, and the game isn't out yet. Not to mention charging for the game, and then again for P2P pets and such.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dissing and putting down ESO is irrelevant and doesn't change the fact that the OP makes a lot of valid points.
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^