test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Ladder Season One

divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2015 in PvP Discussion
I'm curious to see if we can make this work. Basically have a ladder that is Guild vs. guild and Best out of 3 matches. We would have a tournament to see where everyone would be ranked. We could makes rules that everyone can agree on. Once everyone is ranked. I suggest that second place team can only challenge first place team, third place team can only challenge second place team and so forth. once a challenge is made, the challenged team has a week to schedule the match, that both teams can agree on. As far as the que goes, it is very much possible, we have done internals before without a hitch. You just have to que up at the same time. I'm curious to see how many guilds would be interested. The more the better. This would be really good for the PvP community.
Tenacity PvP Guild
Divine 60 Spellstorm Control Wizard
twitch.tv/Divine1982
Post edited by divine82pvp on

Comments

• mizzou0mizzou0 Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    I am sure Rekt could get a few teams going.
    MIZZOU
    Control Wizard
  • e11ze11z Member Posts: 144 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    I'm curious to see if we can make this work. Basically have a ladder that is Guild vs. guild and Best out of 3 matches. We would have a tournament to see where everyone would be ranked. We could makes rules that everyone can agree on. Once everyone is ranked. I suggest that second place team can only challenge first place team, third place team can only challenge second place team and so forth. once a challenge is made, the challenged team has a week to schedule the match, that both teams can agree on. As far as the que goes, it is very much possible, we have done internals before without a hitch. You just have to que up at the same time. I'm curious to see how many guilds would be interested. The more the better. This would be really good for the PvP community.

If you did have a ladder it would need strict rules regarding gear and class doubles.

For example Grim sets only with lesser enchants only. Nothing above rank 6. NO Class Doubles.

Every group requires a healer as standard.

Otherwise I'll just bring 2 TR's 2 CW's And 1 cleric and watch the world burn.
    The Best PVP Guild on Dragon/Neverwinter: YoloOldSkoolSwagLoveNeverGingersLuvDupStep even if it's just one of us, you might as well just afk.
  • latinlegendlatinlegend Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    The classes are way too unbalanced to take any form of PvP seriously. Even with restrictions in place. This game is clearly about its PvE content with PvP being an after thought. I wouldn't sign for this & I'm one of the players with a very rich PvP background dating all the way back to Ultima Online. Also spent far too many years of my life playing the best PvP to ever grace an MMORPG, Dark Age of Camelot.
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    e11z wrote: »
    If you did have a ladder it would need strict rules regarding gear and class doubles.

For example Grim sets only with lesser enchants only. Nothing above rank 6. NO Class Doubles.

Ohhhh how we would love the challenge :)

And to the OP, I responded to the other thread you made but yes, Rekt would put a team or two together for this...
  • ainge1ainge1 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The Warsong Crew will enter a team.

GT: Voteabletuna500
    Contact me if you want to set up a 5v5 or if anyone wants to PvP. That's all I doooooo.
  • divine82pvpdivine82pvp Member Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    e11z wrote: »

When I mean rules, I mean stuff like banning the crit glitch on rogues. Lol
    I think team line ups is whatever you want to use. May the best team win.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We did this on PC and it turned into a Forum War =)

That being said a lot of good matches did happen.

It was a Rainbow team though so no one could offer any sort of argument that the match was unfair.

Or, if a team couldn't build a rainbow, then both teams decided on a particular replacement and matched it.
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »

It was a Rainbow team though so no one could offer any sort of argument that the match was unfair.

Or, if a team couldn't build a rainbow, then both teams decided on a particular replacement and matched it.

I think it would all be in good fun.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    back in the most competitive days of pvp on PC... rules were.
    -rainbow comps only {this means only 1 of each class...no doubles.}
    - AND NO BUFF POTS {aka correlons blood, steadfast,foemasters...etc}

that was pretty much the rules....

towards the end we had to change the rainbow rules..because players either quit the game everyone rolled hunters, then locks....
    so if in those situations where there were it couldnt be rainbow vs rainbow... it would be only 1 class double per team...

good luck guys.. add me in game for matches ..

Meanseason

xbl- xjcmmeanseasonx
    munkey81 wrote: »

edited April 2015
    back in the most competitive days of pvp on PC... rules were.
    -rainbow comps only {this means only 1 of each class...no doubles.}
    - AND NO BUFF POTS {aka correlons blood, steadfast,foemasters...etc}

that was pretty much the rules

towards the end we had to change the rainbow rules..because players either quit the game everyone rolled hunters, then locks....
    so if in those situations where there were it couldnt be rainbow vs rainbow... it would be only 1 class double per team...

good luck guys.. add me in game for matches ..

Meanseason

xbl- xjcmmeanseasonx

What do you play?
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • xmeanseason305xxmeanseason305x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    i currently have a 70 dc ,60 cw, 60 gwf on pc all decked to the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and all halflings....
    im not playing pc atm and focusing my neverwinter efforts on xbox one.
    i have a 60 halfling dc.
    -Meanseason
    xbl- xjcmmeanseasonx
    What do you play?
  • killhimgregkillhimgreg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sonz of Wu are in, but we i need a little bit more time to gear my mates up. And we are still in need of a good node contester (DC/GWF/GF). German playerbase is waaay too small.

Crescende
    <Sonz of Wu> PvP with respect
    edited April 2015
    i currently have a 70 dc ,60 cw, 60 gwf on pc all decked to the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and all halflings....
    im not playing pc atm and focusing my neverwinter efforts on xbox one.
    i have a 60 halfling dc.
    -Meanseason
    xbl- xjcmmeanseasonx

I'll add you on live, Ill throw you a party invite when I get on.
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
    edited April 2015
    Sonz of Wu are in, but we i need a little bit more time to gear my mates up. And we are still in need of a good node contester (DC/GWF/GF). German playerbase is waaay too small.

Crescende

Post your guild roster here Crescende:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?902541-PvP-Ladder-Team-Sign-Up
    Tenacity PvP Guild
    twitch.tv/Divine1982
  • mantab00bmantab00b Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If this ends up happening, I'd be willing to be a node contester for you; 17.5k GS GF; I can typically contest a node vs 3-6 of their players without issue, though I haven't really done too much PvP in the last week so maybe it's a bit more difficult to survive now. I somewhat doubt it.

Crescende
  • killhimgregkillhimgreg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mantab00b wrote: »
    If this ends up happening, I'd be willing to be a node contester for you; 17.5k GS GF; I can typically contest a node vs 3-6 of their players without issue, though I haven't really done too much PvP in the last week so maybe it's a bit more difficult to survive now. I somewhat doubt it.

That sounds epic man. Ill hit you up as soon as im home from work. Whats your GT?
  • shoukonsshoukons Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, I'm interested in being part of this, but not in a guild that's going to do this. Anyone want a a 12.3k GF that does nothing but PvP in all MMO's? I live to contest nodes and cc, don't care about kills. Currently running 1 Profound Preserver Helm (Regeneration) (have t1 helm still for 4 piece bonus), Grim Preserver Shield, Grim regen 2x rings/ammy/belt and t1 arms,chest,boots,weapon with purple Waters of Elah'zad, purple Oghma's Token of Free Movement, and purple Blood Crystal Raven Skull. Saving up for the rest of the Profound gear. Hit me up if you're interested in me playing for you. Thanks.
    in game name: Shoukon
    GT: I Eat Civics

MMO PvP Resume if anyone is interested in my history:
    WoW Prot PvP Guide Cata: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089113503
    Youtube Channel Showing 2800 Rating as Tank: https://www.youtube.com/user/Shoukon32/videos
    Node Troll
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i want to join a pvp guild im american and only speak english my handle is @blackxxwolf3
    btw i have 2k item lvl and all rnak 7s hr with full pvp set and pvp rings and im good.
  • mizzou0mizzou0 Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015
    try contacting Fukiiyu with Rekt
    MIZZOU
    Control Wizard
  • augustredaugustred Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea i would love to do a guild v guild ill post a roster soon so count Organization XV in
  • fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Rekt will participate too and I'll post a roster once I stop being lazy and we figure out who's on what team.
  • kurls15kurls15 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yea DutchR can get a group going also. just send dem PMs and we will get them figured out
  • cupcakeslolcupcakeslol Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    great idea. count my squad in
  • zookieeeeeezookieeeeee Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    <Karma>

Jesus (GWF)
    Blankett (Trapper Hunter)
    Brang (Trapper Hunter)
    Vemmy Backslash (Trixster Rogue)
    Epik (Control Wizard)
    Lag OP (Trixter Rogue)
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Rekt will participate too and I'll post a roster once I stop being lazy and we figure out who's on what team.

Well stop being lazy and add me to that roster :cool:
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >
  • geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »

Psst. U know u wanna run wicked, you, peacelaced, solos, and.....me. troll comp.
  • jokesta704jokesta704 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2015

We would like to join we have 2 full teams running let me know what's up my name in game is......TSP Jokesta
  • augustredaugustred Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We should definitely get this going once more pvp team become established

~Xenmas~
  • vodkaredbulllllvodkaredbulllll Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We would love to participate as well only have one ready team at the moment though. We usually run a double hunter ranger combo, but this is how it would look for the rainbow requirements. Have seen some of you out their ,and those games have been really good matches. Hopefully we meet again in the arena. :)

(M112)
    TR Bacardi
    HR Legolas/Tigbits
    C Enfected
    CW Ser Chouie/Clash
    SW Kj777 - If Rainbow requirements are introduced.

Bacardi (M112) <3
  • crispyslinky07crispyslinky07 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Last night we did a Rekt vs. Rekt skirmish to test a recruit and the match over 40 min long. when you have 2 teams that know what they're doing you could expect the match to be similar in timing. Hell I could see it going over a hour if there are skill Dc's present. So basically I'm just letting you all know to be prepared for longggg matches.

-Ant
    Ant
    < Goon Squad >