test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What powers are you using?

anyolname716anyolname716 Member Posts: 47
edited May 2015 in The Temple
As the title says. Been playing with a few setups and I used http://laggygamerz.com/forum/index.php?/topic/752-kaelacs-module-5-devoted-cleric-guide/#6 as a basic setup for powers, Feats and Paragon. However, as I go along some of the things he has under "Healing/Support DO build" doesn't seem to work well...or I am just not understanding something.

For Example; I fully understand why the At will are Astral seal and Sacred Flame. It's the encounter powers that give me the biggest pause. I have little qualms about the choice of Healing word or bastion of health. It;s the choices for the last two spots. Currently I am still using both Sun Burst and Searing light for both groups and Solo. I'm not understand as to what/why the reasoning is to swap out these two or how this would work in a piratical sense. I think I am just missing something that will make it click in my head. So maybe talking abou it will help it click for me. Thanks...
Post edited by anyolname716 on

Comments

• Options
    yllenyllen Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Chains of Blazing light is a nice CC, particularly in solo mode. Even in parties, have you thought about rather than using Sun Burst to get rid of adds, cast CoBL on yourself, and then just run away from them? CoBL also has the utility of being pretty awesome in Divine Mode for doing extra damage, if noone needs healing.

Daunting Light is just awesome for DPS. Fully Empowered, when it crits, it deals *a lot* of damage. If you're happy to use potions in solo mode, then you don't need Searing Light to heal and you'll kill mobs (particularly the 'tougher' ones) a lot faster.

I'm not saying they are any better, but they are alternatives. I'm actually using Sun Burst, CoBL and Searing Light at the moment, since I'm experimenting with how the Searing Light heal mechanic works in a practical sense; how far away do I need to be to get the heal, how many mobs do I need to hit to make the heal useful etc.

I don't like Sun Burst. Anything that spews mobs about == "danger!" in my experience. They could end up pulling in other adds, plus it doesn't seem to heal for all that much and I don't feel like I need the action point gain.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I like Sun Burst for the time there are ledges. If you position yourself correctly, you can knock several add off the map for easy kills...
  • Options
    gaanjaa81gaanjaa81 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i will copy what i posted on another thread......

Im a DO cleric im running ALL T2 dungs with good success and this what i roll with, i have never had any problems really and very very rarely do people die (buff/healer build not for dps) .....

at wills - astral seal (always slotted), sacred flame (always slotted *gives a hp buff on third strike, can be buffed with dragon wep for more hp OR use the dragon wep that increases Astral heals and then its your choice to use flame or Sun, either is ok really)

encounter - astral shield (always slotted) , divine glow(always slotted), BoH (now this slot i feel can be anything the player prefers, as long as you are using AS and DG correctly this slot is hardly used, 90% of the time i use BoH but i will switch it to try something else if im bored)

dailys - hallowed ground (always slotted and use as often as possible, 30% incoming damage reduction and 30% damage out put increase is beastly) *other daily dont matter as we never use it because focus MUST be to get hallowed down as often as possible, but flame strike or hammer normally slotted*

class abilites/passives - foresight (always slotted 11% damage reduction with feat), holy fervor (aways slotted, more ap = more hallowed ground = good times)

paragon points mostly all in faithful feats (definatly for the foresight buff) -if you want exacts or to see what i have just pm me ingame or something :)

playstyle = get a lot of recovery (2000-3000) and defence (2000 ish) then work on HP and CRIT. you want to be able to get astral shield down constantly, and spam glow whilst it is down, use hallowed ground WHEN it is available *should be a lot of the time* (the damage reduction when these are both down makes passive healing very very easy, if your feats are chosen correctly you rarely need to worry at all) - rince and repeat

PS - this is for running dungeons, not for solo play or pvp
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    eroticdoomeroticdoom Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seeing as my Astral shield is currently bugged im unable to follow convention.. however i can keep a party alive and also end up top damage at same time.

my setup Seal+flame divine glow , Healing Word and Sunburst as they all provide healing. Class skills are foresight ( with feat bonus ) and holy fervor.

I tend to spam seal on all mobs and aoe them for bonus healing , sunburst also used correctly can be devastating on ledges/bridges.

For solo it's divine glow , daunt and chains.. coupled with terrifying and fervor or prophetic action for dragons.

Soleforge + prophetic is amazing if you want to feel a bit cheeky and taunt a dragon :p
    " I reject your reality and substitute it with my own "
  • Options
    lordsarveriouslordsarverious Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I use at level 36:

At-will: Astral Seal and Blessing of Battle/Lance of Faith
    Encounter: Healing Word, Sun Burst, Searing Light (Until Divine Glow/Astral Shield)
    Daily: Guardian of Faith and Hallowed Ground (Annointed Army later)
    Features: Healer's Word and Soothe (Annointed Holy Symbol later)

I focused on healing with my feats, and took AC for the fact the powers seemed more HP based than DPS. I am working on getting good scores in power, Crit and recovery. Regeneration is probably on my list so I can heal a little faster between fights without using extra healing words.
    Co-Founder of AoF Neverwinter Branch (TR 60, CW 60 SS)
    Find me on XBL to get an interview to join the guild.
    5.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    gaanjaa81 wrote: »
    encounter - astral shield (always slotted) , divine glow(always slotted), sunburst (now this slot i feel can be anything the player prefers, as long as you are using AS and DG correctly this slot is hardly used, 90% of the time i use SB as a personal skill to save my own <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or get some breathing space to lay down AS, I will switch it to try something else if im bored, Bastion of Health is a solid choice also for this slot)

I was looking at Divine Glow. I was concerned that it wouldn't heal enough in a single blow VS a straight heal like Bastion of Health.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    eroticdoom wrote: »
    Seeing as my Astral shield is currently bugged

how is your AS bugged?
    Devoted cleric rule number one = We cant cure stupidity so no heals for fools ^.^
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I was looking at Divine Glow. I was concerned that it wouldn't heal enough in a single blow VS a straight heal like Bastion of Health.

it works fantastic in divine mode as you can get 3 bursts down very very quickly, buffs, debuffs, heal, and HoT all in one :) As long as your tanks and close range dps are in the AS it heals more than enough, and your passive healing with the right feats should cover the rest, BoH as a 3rd slotted skill is good in this build if you find you are wanting a big heal spell (i do use it at times), but as i said before i find i dont need it or use it much at all so i use SB more just as a backup to save myself if i get swamped :)
  • Options
    majordogmeatmajordogmeat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Divine Searing Light for large groups of little adds. Moderate Boom and Heal for everyone nearby, bonus love if I crit and the entire screen turns green from the secondary crit heals. (This usually gets me agro)

Divine Bastion of Healing. Because why wait on casting and aiming your heals.

Divine Divine Glow. AoE Reduce Damage Resistance of Tough and Boss Mobs while Boosting PC Damage plus a Heal.

Astral Shield. Localized Direct Damage Reduction, Heal. (Divine Astral Shield = Temp HP)

If I feel I know my groups timing and kill speed, I'll run Divine Prophecy of Doom and increase the how often I can pop Hallowed Ground or Hammer of Fate (PVP). Which is really useful on some bosses, because sometimes Damage Resistance is greater than Healing alone.

Why yes, I rarely cast without Divine. Getting my Divine Back takes 5 Casts a combo of Astral Seal and Sacred Flame, then I am back in business.
  • Options
    gatorfanaticgatorfanatic Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    He anyone tried Bob in replace of SF? I'm currently using AS and Bob and it is working very well. One AS and two Bob and I'm full Divine
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    how is your AS bugged?

Been Bugged for weeks it wont cast under divine mode.. you cast it and it disappears soon as you finish casting animation. tested with friends and they have confirmed it ( just in case it was just on my screen ).

Tried retraining twice but still bugged also affected is Prophecy another duration based skill , sent tickets but they have no idea how to remedy it so hoping when reroll tokens available I can try that.
  • Options
    sentinelx3sentinelx3 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Astral Seal and Brand of the Sun for At-wills.

Daunting Light, Forgemaster's Flame, Healing Word for encounters, eventually going to replace healing word with Divine Glow.

Holy Fervor and Terrifying insight for features.

Hallowed Ground is the only daily worth using.

Spec'd into righteous... DPS/heal/debuff/buff all at the same time! (atleast until mod 6 comes out and level 70 destroys cleric dps)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Been Bugged for weeks it wont cast under divine mode.. you cast it and it disappears soon as you finish casting animation. tested with friends and they have confirmed it ( just in case it was just on my screen ).

the blue circle dissapears yes, but the HP buff does work and stacks and only effects players that was in the circle during cast and stays with them until it is consumed/depleated.

unless you mean the HP buff is dissapearing then i think it is because it only effects those in the aoe, so if you recast it quickly at another destination away from those that are already buffed maybe it removes the buff from those that are not in the aoe of the 2nd-3rd cast O.o (example - hp buff tank...turn to hp buff wizard, because tank is not in aoe of that 2nd cast he loses his hp buff) - in all honesty i have had/seen no problem with my AS in divine mode and hp buff works well, im constantly getting praised by TR'S and tanks for keeping them in a HP overflow state xD will test this theory out later though as i tend to only use this on those close to bosses and dont spread it out or use it that much, but its the only explanation i can think of :)

this video shows it got a nerf/change and in divine mode the blue circle does vanish after cast and only gives a hp buff in aoe location - http://www.solaguild.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/6084117/id/17308112-dc-mod5-astral-shield-video
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    the blue circle dissapears yes, but the HP buff does work and stacks and only effects players that was in the circle during cast and stays with them until it is consumed/depleated.

unless you mean the HP buff is dissapearing then i think it is because it only effects those in the aoe, so if you recast it quickly at another destination away from those that are already buffed maybe it removes the buff from those that are not in the aoe of the 2nd-3rd cast O.o (example - hp buff tank...turn to hp buff wizard, because tank is not in aoe of that 2nd cast he loses his hp buff) - in all honesty i have had/seen no problem with my AS in divine mode and hp buff works well, im constantly getting praised by TR'S and tanks for keeping them in a HP overflow state xD will test this theory out later though as i tend to only use this on those close to bosses and dont spread it out or use it that much, but its the only explanation i can think of :)

this video shows it got a nerf/change and in divine mode the blue circle does vanish after cast and only gives a hp buff in aoe location - http://www.solaguild.com/mobile/forum/viewthread/m/6084117/id/17308112-dc-mod5-astral-shield-video

Well that video certainly displays perfectly what happens to me.. but no matter who/how or where I cast it whether on players or just me the circle disappears and buff icon goes in an instant.

Update: Hmm after extensive reading on mod5 I may now understand a little more of how nerfed they are.. although I swear I could cast under AS under divine and it showed a circle for a good 6 seconds.

Thanks Gaanjaa would never have thought to check that out.. I feel slightly better now that i'm not going completely mad.
  • Options
    rekoj13rekoj13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Running The following myself at 60 with no real issues Running T1 dungeons

Right Trigger - Sacred Flame
    Left Trigger - Astral Seal
    X - Divine Glow
    Y - Astral Shield (Daunting Light when solo questing)
    B - Bastion of Health
    Daily 1 - Hallowed Ground
    Daily 2 - Divine Armor

Class Features I run are Foresight and Divine Fortune. I like to spam divinity mode often, so like getting it back asap.
    Xbox Gamer Tag: Brian G Awesome
    Devoted Cleric: Heskan
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rekoj13 wrote: »

X - Divine Glow
    B - Bastion of Health
    Daily 2 - Divine Armor

Class Features I run are Foresight and Divine Fortune. I like to spam divinity mode often, so like getting it back asap.

Different button setup, but this is what I decided to try last night....
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well that video certainly displays perfectly what happens to me.. but no matter who/how or where I cast it whether on players or just me the circle disappears and buff icon goes in an instant.

Update: Hmm after extensive reading on mod5 I may now understand a little more of how nerfed they are.. although I swear I could cast under AS under divine and it showed a circle for a good 6 seconds.

Thanks Gaanjaa would never have thought to check that out.. I feel slightly better now that i'm not going completely mad.

you are very welcome :)

oh, as for the HP buff icon dissapearing, i have not checked that BUT an easy way to tell if someone has the HP buff is target/hover cursor over them, if their hp bar has a yellow section then THAT is the extended hp buff you gave them (it doesnt show on the party list hp bars in the top left of the screen, you NEED to target/hover cursor over the player to see, which is slightly annoying)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks gaanjaa been reading up and realise AS is not what it used to be.. to be fair I never used it in normal thinking divine was only way to go lol.

My setup

At-Wills:

Encounters:
    X - Divine Glow
    Y - Healing Word / Daunting for solo
    B - Sunburst / Chains ( for aoeing trash )

Daily:
    Hallowed Ground
    Flame Strike

Class Features:
    Party - Foresight / Divine Fortune
    Solo - Foresight /Terrifying Insight
    Dragons - Divine Fortune / Prophetic Action
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Thanks gaanjaa been reading up and realise AS is not what it used to be.. to be fair I never used it in normal thinking divine was only way to go lol.

My setup

At-Wills:

Encounters:
    X - Divine Glow
    Y - Healing Word / Daunting for solo
    B - Sunburst / Chains ( for aoeing trash )

Daily:
    Hallowed Ground
    Flame Strike

Class Features:
    Party - Foresight / Divine Fortune
    Solo - Foresight /Terrifying Insight
    Dragons - Divine Fortune / Prophetic Action

I like this setup, thanks for the ideas...
  • Options
    ponyforeverponyforever Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015

X - Divine Glow
    B - Bastion of Health
    Daily 2 - Divine Armor

LOL. Almost my exact set-up except different buttons, and I haven't gotten AS or DA yet as I'm only level 47. Right now I use Chains to help with damage and keep adds off me. I'll miss Chains when I have to slot AS there...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I like this setup, thanks for the ideas...

Not many run without Astral so welcome to the club , to be fair Astral is good if everyone uses it !! Sunburst maybe hated but it heals and keeps adds off when others fail to help me.

Edit:

I have started using Brand of the Sun during Dragon encounters instead of Sacred Flame as it only takes 3 casts to get full Diviinty ( Dragons seem to love a cleric ) and I don't have to stop as much.

P.S I use Punishing Light a lot more now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Divine Astral Shield. Localized Direct Damage Reduction, Temp HP, Heal.

just so you know, Divine Astral shield dont work like that anymore, it ONLY gives HPbuff in divine mode now :)

Normal mode gives - def reduction. Divine mode gives - AOE HPbuff. Empowered mode gives - Absorbs fixed ammount of damage based on 3% of your max HP for each stack used.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    just so you know, Divine Astral shield dont work like that anymore, it ONLY gives HPbuff in divine mode now :)

Normal mode gives - def reduction. Divine mode gives - AOE HPbuff. Empowered mode gives - Absorbs fixed ammount of damage based on 3% of your max HP for each stack used.

Are you sure? Because I have been casting it when I come across a dragon spawn alone, at the mass of people around the dragon, and I immediately get green heal values...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Are you sure? Because I have been casting it when I come across a dragon spawn alone, at the mass of people around the dragon, and I immediately get green heal values...

yeah im sure, you are probs seeing heals from astral seal or passive healing :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Just wondering why folks aren't choosing Break the Spirit or Forgemasters Flame more. Empowered versions look like they give a nice party damage boost. Are they bugged? Not that good?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    yllen wrote: »
    Just wondering why folks aren't choosing Break the Spirit or Forgemasters Flame more. Empowered versions look like they give a nice party damage boost. Are they bugged? Not that good?

i was playing around with BtS a bit recently, while i do like it and it is a pretty good skill there is no way i would drop astral shield, divineglow or bastion for it in the harder runs =/

thats the problem, not enough skill slots and will always be more limited this way using a console instead of a PC, some mmo's i play on PC i have like 4-5 skill bars all full up with abilities, will never have that luxury on xbox :(
  • Options
    edited April 2015

thats the problem, not enough skill slots and will always be more limited this way using a console instead of a PC, some mmo's i play on PC i have like 4-5 skill bars all full up with abilities, will never have that luxury on xbox :(

off topic slightly, but I don't think xbox is necessarily the limiting factor here. There are 4 buttons and 4 d-pad buttons, 2 triggers and 2 trigger buttons. Thats 8 * 2 * 2 (32) combinations of slots (without using the 'menu' and 'view' smaller buttons). The folks upstairs have just chosen to limit the usage of those slots.
  • Options
    majordogmeatmajordogmeat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yllen wrote: »

When I will be focused on healing and shielding, I do not have a slot for DPS boosting.

Though when I am doing dragons or PVP, they are nice additions to my rotation. (I am sure the slow component does not affect the dragon)
  • Options
    kodiakduckkodiakduck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2015

X - Divine Glow
    B - Bastion of Health
    Daily 2 - Divine Armor

I run that load out(with some different button set ups) for T2 dungeons with a couple exceptions. I run the class feature that increases AP gain instead of Divine Fortune and I use Brand of the Flame instead of Sacred Flame. The combo of passive divinity regen from the dots and active divinity gain from the astral seal spam fills my divinity bar fast enough for me.

When solo I switch out Bastion of Health for Daunting Light, I switch out my not Foresight class feature for the feature that increases your damage each consecutive hit and I replace astral seal with Sacred Flame.