test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This coveted companion is yours to keep!

Comments

• Options
    mekolsmekols Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    any new about this? i would like to get the companion too, you know? it suck you guys send it to random players, like wtf??
  • Options
    cococyacococya Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm, only for veteran players, guess playing in the beta wasn't veteran enough to warrant a code in my mail, all righty then.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    The Drow Merc is broken anyway, the bleed which he should have, does not work.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

maybe, but what bugs me is that some player get it and some dont, i mean WUT???
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope, you're not the only one.

I've been actively playing this game since open beta and haven't recieved a single one of these "loyalty" or "veteran neverwinter supporter".

And you're right it doesn't inspire faith in the company. Instead it makes me feel like they don't care that I've been playing this game for almost two years, or that I've spent money that I had to work hard to earn on their game and quite frankly is somewhat insulting.

Same here, i've been playing since day 1, and never received any of these loyalty rewards, even though I've spent some (but not that much) money on the game.
  • Options
    taymmataymma Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It wouldn't be cool if only certain people received an email for this promotion. I've spent a lot of money on this game (a lot of people have) and would be disappointed if I were one of the people over looked.

I would love it if at some point they would make some of the cooler pets available for purchase through the zen market. I've bought some of the available ones and have been mostly disappointed.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    taymma wrote: »
    It wouldn't be cool if only certain people received an email for this promotion. I've spent a lot of money on this game (a lot of people have) and would be disappointed if I were one of the people over looked.

I would love it if at some point they would make some of the cooler pets available for purchase through the zen market. I've bought some of the available ones and have been mostly disappointed.

yea it sucks, i puted some Money in this game too, and i dont get any? i dont see how they Think, or how this work
  • Options
    rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've put a thousand dollars into this game, easy, and played since the start of open beta, and it's stuff like THIS that makes me stop buying zen during things like this zen promo. Why should I bother, when they don't consider me 'loyal' or a 'veteran'?

If they'd just be totally transparent about who they're targeting and why, it wouldn't bother me. If this is a reward for buying a huge amount of zen - make it clear that's what it's for.

If you're going to bait the whales, that's fine, really. Just don't word it in a way that makes it sound like they're only being targeted for being 'loyal' or 'veterans' and then NOT target other people who've ALSO given you a large amount of money and been playing consistently for two years.

And if it's totally random - make it clear that they've won a drawing for something.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've put a thousand dollars into this game, easy, and played since the start of open beta, and it's stuff like THIS that makes me stop buying zen during things like this zen promo. Why should I bother, when they don't consider me 'loyal' or a 'veteran'?

i hope we get someting on monday, sence its weekend now, but i wont hold my breath
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Same here, i've been playing since day 1, and never received any of these loyalty rewards, even though I've spent some (but not that much) money on the game.

Niether have I , Ive been here since mod 1. All the freebies ive gotten is from people giving me codes or signing up for junk.

Most of them are junk anyways.

Ive spent about 400 since that time, but not much recently, since middle of mod 3, when they refused to fix the bracer issue, I almost bought the dragonborn pack for the bags.. but I keep remembering what they have done recently.. and well, me not spending money is worth more then any angst forum message.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    can a mod plz confirm this? why some people get the code and some not? this is really junky of you guys
  • Options
    demonstorms56demonstorms56 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    can a mod plz confirm this? why some people get the code and some not? this is really junky of you guys

oh dont worry i have put thousands into this game and even purchased a founders pack way back when beta was here and still never got an email either.
    Demons Run When A Good Man Goes To War
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These promotions probably work a lot like a lottery, only a few hundred of the mails are sent out is my guess. If everyone would get them it wouldn't be rare anymore...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    These promotions probably work a lot like a lottery, only a few hundred of the mails are sent out is my guess. If everyone would get them it wouldn't be rare anymore...

And that's fine, but they act like it's rewarding people for being 'loyal'. If they're going to do this via lottery or random drawing, they need to phrase it as "CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON A PRIZE!" not "We're rewarding you for being loyal to the game".
  • Options
    edited April 2015

still dont like the idea of a lottery, would be better if all got it
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    mekols wrote: »
    still dont like the idea of a lottery, would be better if all got it

if they want claim its for being a "veteran player/supporter" then they need to clarify on what they consider to be veteran and send the rewards to all players who meet those standards.

I've been playing since open beta, two years almost, have purchased two of their packs and spend almost $500 on zen but yet I'm not considered a veteran?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    if they want claim its for being a "veteran player/supporter" then they need to clarify on what they consider to be veteran and send the rewards to all players who meet those standards.

I've been playing since open beta, two years almost, have purchased two of their packs and spend almost $500 on zen but yet I'm not considered a veteran?

yea i know man, that shet is just crazy like wtf
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's called RNG guys ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    It's called RNG guys ;)

???????? wut
  • Options
    praxismirrorspraxismirrors Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    quspiv wrote: »
    It's called RNG guys ;)

IF its RNG then they need to not claim its for being loyal or for being a veteran supporter. They need to say something like "Congratulations, you've been randomly selected to recieve this prize. Thanks for playing our game."
  • Options
    karok73karok73 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015

If they'd just be totally transparent about who they're targeting and why, it wouldn't bother me. If this is a reward for buying a huge amount of zen - make it clear that's what it's for.

If you're going to bait the whales, that's fine, really. Just don't word it in a way that makes it sound like they're only being targeted for being 'loyal' or 'veterans' and then NOT target other people who've ALSO given you a large amount of money and been playing consistently for two years.

And if it's totally random - make it clear that they've won a drawing for something.

It totally had to be random, I don't think I've spent more than $20 on this game during the whole time I've played.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    karok73 wrote: »
    It totally had to be random, I don't think I've spent more than $20 on this game during the whole time I've played.

and that sucks, so random people get good stuff, but people who have spend more then 100+ bucks on this game gets 0. like WUUUUUUUUUT
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I've lost plenty of drawings to get stuff for this game before, and honestly, I'm fine with that. I understand that I can't win everything. But if they're going to do these kinds of random drawings, they need to make it clear that it's a random drawing. It's insulting to people who've been supporting them from the beginning to see a bunch of people getting stuff like this and being told it's a reward for loyalty when in reality they just got lucky.
  • Options
    abovecloudzabovecloudz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bought hero of the north pack during beta, and stopped playing within a month after release after i got my rogue to 57. but i still got an email :D
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    bought hero of the north pack during beta, and stopped playing within a month after release after i got my rogue to 57. but i still got an email :D

then you wont mind me taking the code from you? =D sence you dont play XD ?
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    UPDATE: 4/24/2015 at 2:48 pm PDT

Hi Neverwinter Community,

We are now in the process of sending an updated email as the code has been fixed. Here is the code if you did not receive it in email form: bepGjfZk

Once you redeem this code, you will receive one Trove of Elemental Evil that will be bound to your account.

Enjoy the gift and have a great weekend!

Alex

I got that very same code in my email, and I got a blue Earth Archon from Trove of Elemental Evil, and I'm happy about it. Just redeem this code in your Arc client, and you'll get your Trove of Elemental Evil as well, no need to wait for any email.

P.S. You have to pick it up from Rewards Claim Agent.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    From what I understand, previous "loyalty" rewards were just your typical "bring back old players" marketing promos when new content was added. In other words, I think only players who either haven't played in awhile, or were only playing very infrequently should have gotten the e-mail. It would be fairly odd if that's not the case with this one also.

Personally I've never received any of them, and I wouldn't have expected to since I have been neither loyal nor a supporter since shortly after open beta launch, heh.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • Options
    karok73karok73 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    caunsidh wrote: »
    I got that very same code in my email, and I got a blue Earth Archon from Trove of Elemental Evil, and I'm happy about it. Just redeem this code in your Arc client, and you'll get your Trove of Elemental Evil as well, no need to wait for any email.

P.S. You have to pick it up from Rewards Claim Agent.

That's a different promotion from what this thread is about.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ok, I've just reread this thread, and I apologise for spamming, so to speak.

You might consider contacting support about it, but I doubt it will be of any use.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2015

This is becoming typical.... giving away the broken <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I just recently got old artifact gear as drops that is no longer listed in the zone rewards and really is useless with the new mod 6 design.

....and yes, been playing since beta and sunk thousands of real dollars into the game and I never received that email either. I'm looking for a new game to willingly give my money to, one that has a company behind it that doesn't let the bean counters dictate game design and truly appreciates their loyal support over the years. So tired of Cryptic's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**