test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the new invoking/prayer made sense now, keep this new format.

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
2 weeks ago, at the first day of mod 6, i didnt like it at first, used to 3 prayers a day tim next 24 hrs to keep build up for 7 days.
if missed by few hours or a day, it reset. due to real life situation or too busy, there nothing i can do.

now this newer invoking process seem to be lot better in lot of different ways.
we no longer had to worry loss if we missed a day, it hold up to 14 then we had to use them before next prayer.
astral seem to be smaller, but still same amount, it all just breaking down to 6 invokings.
first 3 invokes isnt hard to do, timers are shorter, then take a break during a day, then come back to do 4th and if has time for 5th invoke, then come back 90 mins or 2 hours later for final invoke.

lowest level get what was needed, but as on 70 lvl, we get better items. those "resonances stones" are nice to get, even just marginally boosted.

anyway, this new invokings/prayers are good concept, but not as perfect, but still as long as it still working which is acceptable. who knows if there is another upgrade or better timeframe for it.
we all just have to get used to it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• zoiks100zoiks100 Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    All of the improvements you listed could have just as easily applied to the old system. In fact, the only reason I can think of to change it from a gameplay perspective was to eliminate the frontloading of the old system. But that could have been done simply by reversing the AD amounts (at level 60 335 for the first invocation, 665 for the second, 1k for the third)

I'm betting this new system was introduced more to boost customer metrics for the quarterly reports. Even if the playerbase isn't increasing, getting players to log in more means the game looks like it's doing better on paper at least.

That being said, overall it is an improvement for players who have the time to devote to logging in all 6 times. Giving a small boost in rough AD, a small amount of RP, as well as doubling the AD which can be made selling elixirs of fate, going from around 500 AD/day/character previously to 1k/day/character now. Toss in the change to the coin weapons making them level scaling and surge in value for both snowswift horses and angel companions, and invoking is now more valuable to players than it has been since the first coal ward nerf.
    Don't Panic.
    airplane-2-o.gif
    Okay, Panic.
  • xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It works well for me. I love not having my coins reset if i have to work late or have no way to log because im in BFE on a business trip. The new system is very friendly to moderate and heavy players. I usually make my 11 coins in a week. log once a day for my work week and play a few hours here and there on the weekend. I usually wake up early on saturday and sunday, play for a few hours then log off until later in the evening. I do a few invokes in the morning and a few at night.

I love it and I hope they dont change it

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,383 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I still don't see the sense of it. If it's an attempt to make people play longer /log on more often it's a failure. If I have say 3 hours of play time a day, I can't complete my daily invoking. They can change the system, but they can't give me more time to play.

This is how I do it. Yes, it is demanding. Wake up. Do invocation for all my char. Set up professional tasks for all my char. 15 minutes passed just doing these. Do invocation for all my char. Go to shower. Eat breakfast, etc. Half an hour pass. Do invocation for all my char. Go to work.

There are 3 more invocations to do and they will need another 2.5 hours to finish them all when I come home.

For me, it is better this way than before because it take me 5.5 days to get the reward instead of 7 but I can understand not many people can do this my way.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still don't see the sense of it. If it's an attempt to make people play longer /log on more often it's a failure. If I have say 3 hours of play time a day, I can't complete my daily invoking. They can change the system, but they can't give me more time to play.

It _might_ be a dirty wee trick to keep the "number of logins"-figure high after Mod 6 impacted on Faerûn. This might be the figure on which someones "performace-dynamized pay component" is based on, or the thing that our previoius lead designer had to push beyond a certain threshold to get promoted away from his chores (though I'd rather deem to believe the motivation for this change of personnel to have been quite the opposite...).

Whatever. Negotiation of what performance indicators are to be prioritizeded, and bending these to match the target, is a whole extracurricular teaching discipline in business administration...
  • ndiovndiov Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there is a bug associated with the xp granted by the new invocation system... Concisering my alts (who I have not actively played since mod 6 released) are now well into lvl 65. O.o?

Mouse over the rewards. You get 10k xp and 10k xp boost TWICE a day now. Plus 1500-3k xp on top of that. So its like 25k+ xp if you invoke 6 times in a day. My alts are all 63 from invoking and crafting... almost faster than playing the new content haha.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't want to be penalized for having alts. Please make the invoking system the way it used to be with the exception to having a steady reset daily. Under the current format it is impossible for me to legitimately invoke all of my characters in one day and still have a job and actually play the game too.
    23uvq8m.png
  • azlanfoxazlanfox Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This needs to change, personally I'd rather it roll back to the previous, but something needs to be done. Right now it's like a job task and it has my wife shaking her head, and others I talk about it from an outside view, really scoff at how it is set up.
    The fox said, "lock and load"

glassdoor.com - Cryptic Studios Review
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You either keep playing for hours and get both coins, or you have to wait 11 days for the coffers. In short it's a nerf. The coffers don't even drop what the description says. If you're going by the description, only one coffer should drop green marks, but in reality all of them do.

Me, I just do a full cycle of all of my characters, and maybe get a second invocation later, and only do all six on just one character, if I have the time to play that long.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The main problem I have is that, on paper, it should now only take you about 6 days to get the arcane coffer, (as opposed to 7 before), but that is assuming you are earning the 2nd celestial coin each day. This last coin is the one I have the hardest time getting, due to when I am able to play, and whether those play sessions last long enough to actually make all 6 invocations.

Maybe they could change the invocation temple adventure we had on SCA into one that allows us to actually invoke, (as opposed to simply renewing the timer before we lose the coin, since they no longer go away now).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited April 2015
    Eff that lol. I already have my own company providing me with a full-time job and I've got a Mrs. Magenubbie to please as well. I have no intention at all to get up half an hour earlier just for a game. I play this game to relax and because of my love of Faerun. I don't need a 2nd job that doesn't pay me anything.

This is already my 2nd job since I played this game one year ago. :(
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • aristofanusaristofanus Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I enjoy the new system - mostly because of stopping dissapearing coins. I'm too lazy to make 6 invokations on several toons - so one is good - and eventually u get a coffer, even if u missed several days of invocations. Considering how many coins i lost due to 1-2 break in invocations before mod 6 - for me it's a perfect system.
  • tyria501tyria501 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Actually, I strongly disagree. This mod is enough of a chore without the change to the invoke system. I've stopped logging to most of my alts at all since the first invoke is such a pitiful AD pay out. Not like 1k was going to make one's fortune to begin with. Several of my friends have ceased logging their alts as well, finding this just an extra chore to be ignored when there is enough work to do to keep some mains afloat now.
  • khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I enjoy the new system - mostly because of stopping dissapearing coins. I'm too lazy to make 6 invokations on several toons - so one is good - and eventually u get a coffer, even if u missed several days of invocations. Considering how many coins i lost due to 1-2 break in invocations before mod 6 - for me it's a perfect system.

That doesn't make it a perfect system. They could have, very well, remove the part where you lost the coins from the old system.
    I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
  • mifiisumifiisu Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I'll sign to that
    The last time i had the will and/or chance to log in and invoke on all my 3 toons to get the 7-coin chest from all of them was some time before christmas. The new system is much more forgiving in that regard.
    edited April 2015
    kalindra wrote: »
    ...Why should I go to work, when I made a stupid game my work and let it control my daily schedule?
    Yes, this new praying model tries to force you to do so (and PURELY for game metrics); but I play for fun, and as such I rather still only pray once per toon > 59 per day - if I log on at all - and use what time I have in the game to du stuff I sill like.

Well, I already said I can understand not many people can do this my way.

My schedule was already changed since I started to play this game one year ago. For me personally, mod 6 does not make much different in terms of my schedule.

Before mod 6, I wake up and set the professional tasks for all my chars.
    Right now, it is an invocation before setting the professional tasks and one more invocation after. If I can squeeze in another invocation before going to work, great.

And I do not worry about losing coin and I get the coffer in 5.5 days or 2 coffers in 11 days.
  • violetcrayonvioletcrayon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't really think saying we can just skip invoking is a very good argument to support the change
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Not to mention the constant logoffs/logins appear to be a huge drain on server performance.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    djarkaan wrote: »
    Not to mention the constant logoffs/logins appear to be a huge drain on server performance.

^^this..

In this context I'm all on your side, it seems...
  • singingbladesingingblade Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would like to say bravo to cryptic. It also stops people that have lots of characters from getting free AD without trying. I am one of the people with lots of alts, 47 being used out of the 53 possible. All on one account. I'm saving those for new character releases. Right now, I cannot finish the 1st 15 minute queue and start the 2nd in a timely manner because my profession resets take too long. Also, I cannot do the 1st invoke at 6:00 am because I leave for work just before then.

My routine,

1st pass Each character invokes, resets professions, resets companions, move to another companion

2nd pass Each character invokes, resets companions, moves to another companion

3rd pass Each character invokes, reset longer professions (only a few of these), reset companions, and move to another companion (this happens less frequently because of the longer queue)

4th pass Same as above. Check for bag issues due to materials being dropped in bag. This weekend, I cleaned out my top bags so I will not to need to do it during the week.

5th pass Same as above. Before I go to bed, I refine AD on alts.

6th pass The last invoke is done in the morning when I wake up. This cuts off the wait time and gives me a free coin with little hassle.
    Reset professions and no need to move companions. If I am time constrained no need to level companion.

How to save time on my companions?
    I have all the non leveled companions in slots. I am not going to play them now anyway.
    Make sure not to slot anything in companions gear until they are leveled to max.
    I have completed 8 of 47 this way and many are close to finishing all of them.
    I complete my invoke and professions before clicking on the companion picture to get full value out of the experience.

How do I save time on professions?
    I have all professions working on leadership or one other profession to limit having to switch back and forth.
    I only work on professions at the top of the screen to limit scrolling.
    I do not worry about max AD. The game is for fun.

Things I do not do that saves times with invoking and professions.
    I do not open boxes except on weekends that there is bonuses for doing so.
    I leave one of everything that drops from the invoking in my bags so it will stack and I can control where it goes.
    I purchased extra space in my shared personal bank for the new account wide items.
    These, I use first when upgrading.

I think invoking requires planning. The benefit in saved time cannot be trivialized. It gives speed boosts in leveling, experience, helps level companions, gives potions, and things to level artifacts. I got my first coal ward after over 120 tries. However, it was free.

I think invoking is cool and yep I may slow down when every alt is level 70:)
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    I like the new system a lot better. Mostly, I love that my Celestial Coins no longer expire and also that my most played characters can easily obtain a 2nd Celestial Coin. I also love how it is now on a consistent reset timer for praying, as I loathed the guessing game and record keeping if one wanted to stay on top of the old 20-hour reset time.
  • setimoselosetimoselo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ofcourse you would... The new system is undeniably alt unfriendly. The only complaint I heard about the old system was that they had to invoke around the same time everyday or all their work would disappear. We requested that the timers reset like daily quests does. They gave us this system... Anyone can pull the positives out of anything but this new system is just a added burden compared to the old one.
    23uvq8m.png
    edited April 2015
    Pro:
    - don't loss any coin (used to lose all the coins if not pray for one day).
    - get the coffer as fast as 5.5 days (or 2 coffers in 11 days). Used to be at least 7 days.
    - an extra RP stone every day. If your char gets a good RP stone, this is a big plus.

Con:
    - need to do 6 times per day in order to get the 2nd coin.
    - loss the buff from invocation (used to be able to pray every hour).
    - less AD gain if pray not enough.
    - if you pray only once per day, you need 11 days to get the coffer.

In short, if you can do 6 invocations per day, it is a big plus.
    If you pray only once per day, the only gain you can get is you won't lose the coin. That is a big lose overall if you can only pray once per day.
    If you pray less than once per day in average, it is also a plus. You used to have no coin and now you have some coins.

Personally, I like it because I can do 6 invocations per day and I can get the coffer faster.
    I have 8 characters. I already got 2 C-Ward since the introduction of mod 6.
    The RP stones is another plus. I don't care about AD, potion and buff much.