test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't spend power points or feat points

rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I am unable to spend power points and feat points when I level up. I select the power or feat, and then accept. Everything seems fine. Then I close the window and either nothing happens, or it tells me that I have unsaved changes. So I spend them again. And it doesn't work. Either with or with the warning, they are not being saved.
The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

Post edited by rabbinicus on

Comments

• Options
    blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    I am unable to spend power points and feat points when I level up. I select the power or feat, and then accept. Everything seems fine. Then I close the window and either nothing happens, or it tells me that I have unsaved changes. So I spend them again. And it doesn't work. Either with or with the warning, they are not being saved.

I just respeced and am having the same issue, WTF guys.
    Going to post on face book now.
  • Options
    daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same bug : can't spend power and feats points when getting a new level.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • Options
    orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A friend of mine has the same issue.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited April 2015

05-08-2013 [Foundry] Respec is impossible - Stuck with a character without powers
    05-26-2013 (duplicate) Foundry Respec dont work.
    07-01-2013 (duplicate) Foundry Bug: Cannot Properly respec Author character
    01-02-2014 (duplicate) Cannot respec character in foundry - cannot allocate power/feat points

Happy two-year anniversary respec bug -- you finally graduated from foundry!
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Gained two levels with my pally today and have a few more hp to show for it. Powers and feats simply vanish after I select them and hit the OK button. This is an emergency maintenance kind of issue...
  • Options
    remedoxremedox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015

I have the same bug and its with every kind of point, i just dinged 70 on my paladin and i cant even spend the ability points, this is a bug that interrupts game progression, why is it every time there is shard maintenance ten more problems arise, can u guys at cryptic get anything right just one time, cause its one thing after another and its makking me really want to stop playing this game
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Seriously??? We have someone with time to move these threads but not give us an answer huh.
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I also have the same issue. If you look closely when you assign a power point you'll see at the bottom that it still says 1 point available (or more). At least that's what mine shows. I know you Devs already have a ton of work on your hands at the moment, but please fix this ASAP. (Before next Thursday would be really nice, thank you)

Thanks for reading.
  • Options
    myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That's no bug...it's a punishment.

None of us who, when allowed to do so, placed a fourth rank in any power prior to 70th level, can slot power or feat points until we reach 70th level or pay for a respec and eliminate all of our pre-70 fourth ranks.
  • Options
    nosfehnosfeh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here, lvl 70, bump.
  • Options
    matt82gpmatt82gp Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same bug! i have now 2 points for dc and 1 for sw...we need a solution immediatly!!!
  • Options
    lagrilladelagrillade Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Having same issue. I could spend points up to level 69. Then, I suppose related to last patch 23/04, when I hit 70 last night, no possibility to save changes when adding the 2 points to characteristics (Strenght,Wisdom,...), Feats (1), and Powers (1+7 I kept for that moment).

I had all parangonic powers at level 4 since level 60 on new mod. Is this related ?
  • Options
    blackmagidblackmagid Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue here - level 66 Warlock with 73 points spent and 1 point pending. Have also tried putting the point on a power that has no points. Same issue with feats also - shows one paragon point pending after it has been allocated and ok'd.
  • Options
    rainifsorrowsrainifsorrows Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Alas, I too have the same issue. At least an acknowledgment of seeing an issue would be nice.
  • Options
    lihin23nihillihin23nihil Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here - level 66 - feat point is marked as pending but can't be committed.

I had put 4th pts in my paragon powers (not shared powers) before this point - do we think there is a connection to this?
  • Options
    porknyetiporknyeti Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the same problem with my great weapon fighter
  • Options
    steampunchssteampunchs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here .... Cant dps without feats and boons
  • Options
    atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue here, my SW is lvl 70, i do have 88 power points and i just can not spend anywhere the 88th one. I have had no problem at all with my power points/feats at all until the recent patch. :/
  • Options
    jaroononjaroonon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same problem here ! this really sucks !
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's only affecting the characters where I spent a power point on a 4th lvl before hitting 70. I did not get this was a bug at the moment ... Anyway I wanted to respec at lvl 70, I'll just wait until then and hope it will resolve the issue.

Still something to look into.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    daggon87 wrote: »
    Anyway I wanted to respec at lvl 70

I didn't :) I want a fix so I can not have to spend on a respec.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I didn't :) I want a fix so I can not have to spend on a respec.

Yes sorry, of course. Reading back my comment, it sounded a bit selfish maybe.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yes sorry, of course. Reading back my comment, it sounded a bit selfish maybe.

Nah, not selfish at all. I'm just not happy to let them off the hook for it that easily :)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's only affecting the characters where I spent a power point on a 4th lvl before hitting 70. I did not get this was a bug at the moment ... Anyway I wanted to respec at lvl 70, I'll just wait until then and hope it will resolve the issue.

Still something to look into.

I used a full respec at 70, also this is my second respec with AD since then, still having the issue. This problem didn't arise until patch on 4/23
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I used a full respec at 70, also this is my second respec with AD since then, still having the issue. This problem didn't arise until patch on 4/23
    Do you mean you still can't spend the points after using a respec ?
    That would be a huge problem.
  • Options
    jiinksjiinks Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the problem, too. Leveled and can't commit a feat point. It looks like it lets me commit, but when I close the window, it warns I didn't. Pulling the window back up shows the point still unspent.

I have a Power at rank 4 which would no longer meet the criteria enforced in the latest patch. I'm sure this is related and the devs who changed the enforcement didn't think through what would happen on characters who had already done this pre-patch. . .
  • Options
    sonnhyasonnhya Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i Have same bug on 3 chars, happened yesterday after level up. Have another char level up today and works. We are able to add one point on abilities, feats and power, but when change tab or close character window, this points juts reset like we not added any point.
  • Options
    voidvincentvoidvincent Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue on my characters. FIX NEEDED ASAP... please?
  • Options
    n0m4den0m4de Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can confirm this, and hitting level 70 did not change anything, i still cannot spend boons, power or feat points, or increase ability scores.

I did put a point in a level 4 power when that unlocked at level 65 before the patch.

this issue is really killing the game for me right now. Some kind of official statement would be really nice.
  • Options
    jenndevorejenndevore Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same issue here. TR level 70. unable to commit any points (ability, skill, or feats). Requested GM help - no response. Submitted bug report. I am completely unwilling to spend anything on a respect for their bug - because there's no way they'll reimburse.
This discussion has been closed.