test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trickster Rogue (Thief) in PvP

wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
I'm a Level 52 Hunter Ranger. I'n PvP I'm losing a lot of One on One contests. But the character who can beat me without even losing a single hit point is the Trickster Rogue. How do you combat him? He goes invisible and I can't do anything. If I run he gets me with daggers. If I move all over the place he gets me with that knife through the neck ability he gets. I'm not complaining, I just want some tips on what to do

Please Help

Thanks

Post edited by wade8765 on

Comments

• Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »
    I'm a Level 52 Hunter Ranger. I'n PvP I'm losing a lot of One on One contests. But the character who can beat me without even losing a single hit point is the Trickster Rogue. How do you combat him? He goes invisible and I can't do anything. If I run he gets me with daggers. If I move all over the place he gets me with that knife through the neck ability he gets. I'm not complaining, I just want some tips on what to do

Please Help

Thanks

Daaaaagers! hahahahah

You really need to put this in the PvP section for the forum...

I play a TR and I'll tell you first hand that a good "trapper HR" is hard to put down.

Look up guides on how to build a trapper and you'll be fine.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Please Help
    Thanks.

It's not your fault, Wade. Everybody loses instantly against a TR. Any class, any build. TR has been OP in pvp from day #1.
    Reroll a TR if you want to pvp. That's what they all did on the Russian server.
  • Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    It's not your fault, Wade. Everybody loses instantly against a TR. Any class, any build. TR has been OP in pvp from day #1.

Agree with what you're saying but please don't encourage him to reroll a TR. Pvp is already overan with a ton of Rogues looking for easy wins.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    twitchx85twitchx85 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @wade8765 when they go into stealth wait a second and dodge roll or whatever HR get to move out of the way of something and then run or dodge again their lashing blade should not hit you, either by way of dodge or out of ranch, there stealth will be over and your bow skills can out dps his dagger throws. if he gets close again dodge and kite, use stuns, roots whataver u have
  • Options
    thesilentforcethesilentforce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Everybody loses instantly against a TR. Any class, any build. TR has been OP in pvp from day #1.

I don't think thats totally true. Like a good CW can kill a TR instantly if they get you out of stealth once. You don't even have the time to activate Impossible To Catch and Shadow Strike, they can kill a TR with one routine.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't think thats totally true. Like a good CW can kill a TR instantly if they get you out of stealth once. You don't even have the time to activate Impossible To Catch and Shadow Strike, they can kill a TR with one routine.

That is partially true, a good CW does have an easier time against TR's than most but it's definitely not that simple. That's implying the Rogue doesn't dodge any of your skills (unlikely) and most rogues tend to runaway when getting hurt. Combine they're unmatched movement speed with stealth, good luck catching one as a control wizard. Now catching a Rogue off guard is a different story.
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015

Obviously you've never played a TR lol. If a CW catches you out of stealth you're toast. The ONLY reason people ***** about TR's in PvP is because we can hide and then one shot people. CW's can one shot people nobody *****es about them lol.
  • Options
    sinibytesinibyte Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I play a TR – I’ll let you in on a little secret. We’re not unstoppable killing machines.

We’re chickens.

We hide. We wait. When you are vulnerable, we strike. If we don’t win… we run away and hide again.

We’re chickens.

Remember that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    blindlite wrote: »
    Obviously you've never played a TR lol. If a CW catches you out of stealth you're toast. The ONLY reason people ***** about TR's in PvP is because we can hide and then one shot people. CW's can one shot people nobody *****es about them lol.

I've never seen a CW one shot anyone. Who is this beast CW?

I play a CW and run A Lot of pvp, just got the headhunter title, and I even have never 1 shotted anyone. Our strongest move is ice knife which can do a great deal of damage esp on crit but you're not gonna be 1 Shotting ppl with it.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sinibyte wrote: »
    I play a TR – I’ll let you in on a little secret. We’re not unstoppable killing machines.

We’re chickens.

We hide. We wait. When you are vulnerable, we strike. If we don’t win… we run away and hide again.

We’re chickens.

Remember that.

Speak for yourself when you call TRs chickens.
  • Options
    thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    Speak for yourself when you call TRs chickens.
    So you're not using stealth, dodge, Lurker's Assault, or Impossible to Catch?

Look, my main is a rogue in NW. Heck, I play rogues in every RPG (MMO or otherwise). Still, I don't kid myself about what the class is all about. By design, rogues are dishonorable on the battlefield. They rely on surprise and subterfuge and never engage one-on-one on even footing. Basically, rogues are chickens; they run and hide until they have an easy kill.

I love playing that kind of character because I think it's the most fun (and arguably the most tactical), but I fully acknowledge I'm fighting dirty and hiding from threats... you know, like a chicken.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

Look, my main is a rogue in NW. Heck, I play rogues in every RPG (MMO or otherwise). Still, I don't kid myself about what the class is all about. By design, rogues are dishonorable on the battlefield. They rely on surprise and subterfuge and never engage one-on-one on even footing. Basically, rogues are chickens; they run and hide until they have an easy kill.

I love playing that kind of character because I think it's the most fun (and arguably the most tactical), but I fully acknowledge I'm fighting dirty and hiding from threats... you know, like a chicken.

You really aren't lying. That's pretty much how all Rogue encounters go. And every time I get the upper hand on one, instead of trying to fight and possibly catch me in a stun lock, they end up using stealth and running away to wait for another opportunity to attack. Happens almost every time I Attack a rogue first.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

No I don't use ITC.
    No I don't use Lurker's Assault.
    I only use Stealth for burst damage and if I'm going to run away I will stun/daze then run.
    I use dodge just as much as any other class uses their dodge.

I see the importance of the perma-stealth build in higher tier PvP matches but those don't exist on the Xbox right now so being a TR and not running perma-stealth is just as effective. I prefer to kill rather than just hide in stealth the whole match.
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2015

Please Help

Thanks

Step 1: Block the person playing rogue on their Xblox live profile.
    Step 2: Report the person on their xbox live profile for being unsportsmanlike.
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jrourke wrote: »
    Step 1: Block the person playing rogue on their Xblox live profile.
    Step 2: Report the person on their xbox live profile for being unsportsmanlike.

LOL wait wait wait....so you want people to lie, and report someone's profile for unsportsmanlike conduct JUST because they play a TR?

You sir are beyond pathetic. In fact, there are no words to describe the sheer stupidity of what you just said.

Please take the bucket off your head, remove your mouth guard and set it next to your drool cup...Then slap yourself in the face and never...ever.. post again

K thx bye
  • Options
    zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Unless we're talking about Level 60 PVP TR, Being a Level 22 SW in PVP, they could barely take me down to 80% health and by that time, I had them chasing me like a twinky on a stick all while At-Will/Encounter casting every CD. With that said, seeing what everyone else is saying, I'm going to assume every TR I've come across is just generally really bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yep, me and my family should be rounded up, put into concentration camps , worked, starved, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> , beaten and then thrown into the incinerator...........People like you disgust me.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yep, me and my family should be rounded up, put into concentration camps , worked, starved, <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> , beaten and then thrown into the incinerator...........People like you disgust me.

Don't take it personal. He tends to get very upset when someone speaks negative about TR's.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

You want to punish another person AND encourage others to do the same, for the sole reason that You are bad, and die to TR's. Not sure what kind of response you think is warranted from such a silly statement.

Its like asking a referee in a basketball game to eject a player, because he blocked your shot. If you don't realize how ridiculous that sounds, then my friend you are a prime candidate for the Dunning-Kruger effect and you should seek professional help.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    Don't take it personal. He tends to get very upset when someone speaks negative about TR's.

He encourages other players to Report people playing a TR when they kill you.

I'm shocked you are actually supporting this Ludacris statement.

Its not even about defending a TR. Its literally the most ridiculous statement I have heard in this game in 2 years. I'm literally laughing out loud right now I find it so funny :cool:
  • Options
    mizzou0mizzou0 Member Posts: 41
    edited April 2015

Not true. I can beat a lot of the rogues playing on my CW. HR's can beat TR's. DPS Clerics can own even the best TR's.
    MIZZOU
    Control Wizard
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »

Its not even about defending a TR. Its literally the most ridiculous statement I have heard in this game in 2 years. I'm literally laughing out loud right now I find it so funny :cool:

And? Everything I said is true, IF the developers do not view it as a problem or just will do nothing about it, then the only real thing you can do is attempt to reduce the amount of game time you get with people who use that class......Why should people have their gaming experience diminished? The whole point of the Xbox live reporting system is too reduce the chances of you being put matchmaked with people you do not want to participate with, don't need the foul likes of you having a go at me for simply telling someone how to use a facility in the way it is intended....Grow up! Or even better DONT!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    And? Everything I said is true, IF the developers do not view it as a problem or just will do nothing about it, then the only real thing you can do is attempt to reduce the amount of game time you get with people who use that class......Why should people have their gaming experience diminished? The whole point of the Xbox live reporting system is too reduce the chances of you being put matchmaked with people you do not want to participate with, don't need the foul likes of you having a go at me for simply telling someone how to use a facility in the way it is intended....Grow up! Or even better DONT!

Dunning Kruger effect at its best.

A facility the way it is intended? You reporting a player for killing you in PvP and saying its unsportsmanlike conduct for the sole reason of them being a TR is literally the opposite of how the Report feature is intended.

I fully assume this to be you - https://youtu.be/SOejnOx1gh4
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah , nothing I or anyone can say or do will ever change your mind....Not going too bother , it is futile to try and reason with such as you.
  • Options
    newmfinnewmfin Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah , nothing I or anyone can say or do will ever change your mind....Not going too bother , it is futile to try and reason with such as you.

Not looking to pick sides but to ruin someone's rep on Xbox live because they use a class in a game, that's not cheating and dose not warrant a bad rep. That is the wrong use of the report system. Just block the player and move on.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    krad777 wrote: »
    I've never seen a CW one shot anyone. Who is this beast CW?

I play a CW and run A Lot of pvp, just got the headhunter title, and I even have never 1 shotted anyone. Our strongest move is ice knife which can do a great deal of damage esp on crit but you're not gonna be 1 Shotting ppl with it.

Then you must have a low gearscore cause when I run into 15k-16k gearscore CW's they 1 shot lol. Not to mention the CC yet TR's are OP lol
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No, there are a variety of options available and the unsporting option is the most apt given the current circumstances.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    That's messed up ruining someone's capabilities of being able to find matches and play with other people because they play a TR. People like you shouldn't be allowed to play this game at all. I know people that had to wait weeks before their rep went back to normal they had to quit playing most games. If you're reporting legit players because of the class they play then you must be 12 lol. I lose all the time my teams are bad a lot of the time and I eat it. Why would you really report someone for that they are unsporting because they play a TR. What do you want them to do run around without stealth they'd get picked apart.

You're just a bitter little kid who is angry because he's bad at PvP and doesn't know how to counter the TR's therefore you ruin everyones play experience by making it so they can't play with other people at all lol. Well played young child well played.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »

Nah I'm not supporting his statement, it was actually pretty funny. I just like giving you a hard time ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    blindlite wrote: »
    Then you must have a low gearscore cause when I run into 15k-16k gearscore CW's they 1 shot lol. Not to mention the CC yet TR's are OP lol

11k GS with 1k tenacity buddy. And I have yet to run into anyone in pvp with a 16k GS, let alone a wizard. And even if you have, it's very rare. You're making it seem as if CW's are walking around 1 shotting ppl.