Install Arc
Options

Out of Control Explioters in PvP/PvE

2»

Comments

• Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The permanent damage is some people got a leg up on getting the BIS gear. They essentially got to bootstrap themselves into uber gear which I am sure will help them quite nicely on Lostmauth post nerf.

That said, I don't think that is quite enough damage to justify banning for DC AP exploit. To be clear though, the DC AP exploit is just an enabler. It is the bug, but it is the combo with other dailies of other classes that makes it nasty. Its use is just to wide-spread at this point. I know that *not* from PvE (as I have been waiting to queue with friends getting to 70), but from PvP. In PvP 10v10 it is getting to the point that to not benefit from the DC AP exploit you have to essentially walk away from your DC as there are so many DCs doing it.

It is actually fortunate for the game that they hadn't yet released really uber item sets intended to be nearly impossible to get. Then we would have a real problem. Right now they have BIS but they still seem mediocre compared to PvP and how hard the content is.
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Exploits don't use 3rd party software or client hacking, what you're describing is cheating. Exploitation is using the way the software is designed to ones own advantage in ways not intended. When there are HRs telling other people not to attack certain things so that they can melt bosses/units, then I would very much call that exploitation.

That says it all in a nutshell.

And quite honestly... people who use this exploit will actually cost Cryptic more money than they will ever spend.

How so?

The lost revenue from the people who leave due to not being able to play the game and enjoy it. The lost revenue that they will create when the "end-game Elite" will sit on a hoard of Zen and other items because they don't need them. I have read from one player that he has over 100k zen that is just... sitting there... not being used.

He cannot be the only one like this. When you have everything in the game you then have no need for Zen... why do anything to create an income for Cryptic? I am expecting that Speed Farming Runs will soon be the thing again.

There will always be people looking to take advantage of the system instead of following the rules. They do it because they are greedy and lazy.

"It is too hard to fight things and die in an alternate reality where I think I am a GOD. I may have to learn something new."
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    Exploits don't use 3rd party software or client hacking, what you're describing is cheating. Exploitation is using the way the software is designed to ones own advantage in ways not intended. When there are HRs telling other people not to attack certain things so that they can melt bosses/units, then I would very much call that exploitation.

So when a DC or CW tells other players not to attack a mob he has mezzed/stunned then this is cheating too ?
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP premades are the weak players who needed to band together to become strong. Then from there, they usually find ways to abuse bugs, to further advance thier sad "skillset".

Just hold your head high knowing you aren't one of thesePOS
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    That says it all in a nutshell.

And quite honestly... people who use this exploit will actually cost Cryptic more money than they will ever spend.

How so?

The lost revenue from the people who leave due to not being able to play the game and enjoy it. The lost revenue that they will create when the "end-game Elite" will sit on a hoard of Zen and other items because they don't need them. I have read from one player that he has over 100k zen that is just... sitting there... not being used.

He cannot be the only one like this. When you have everything in the game you then have no need for Zen... why do anything to create an income for Cryptic? I am expecting that Speed Farming Runs will soon be the thing again.

There will always be people looking to take advantage of the system instead of following the rules. They do it because they are greedy and lazy.

"It is too hard to fight things and die in an alternate reality where I think I am a GOD. I may have to learn something new."

I love it, that ppl think, that everyone with 30+ million AD or able to farm the new dungeons is an exploiter/ cheater etc.

Lets get your head around the fact, that there are ppl playing since beta who a) never had to cheat b) have better gear and last but not least are better players who know how to use class synergies to do things you cant do without having to use exploits.

For an example: VT. You dont need any exploits/ gliches or bugs. Take a debuff DC (without buggy feat) a buff GF and 3 decent DDs and you will never have to do the caskets. Worked in mod 5 works in mod 6. No exploit. Just a combination of buffs/debuffs.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    PvP premades are the weak players who needed to band together to become strong. Then from there, they usually find ways to abuse bugs, to further advance thier sad "skillset".

Just hold your head high knowing you aren't one of thesePOS

Everything you do in game right now is probably an exploit. We are at a point where if something isnt working then its wai.
    The real bugd are the things working as intented.
    There is no points in complaining about exploits bugs whatever when their list is 5x times longer than mod 6 launch patch note.
    I hoped for some changes on preview last friday...they probably went to drink instead
  • Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    I love it, that ppl think, that everyone with 30+ million AD or able to farm the new dungeons is an exploiter/ cheater etc.

Lets get your head around the fact, that there are ppl playing since beta who a) never had to cheat b) have better gear and last but not least are better players who know how to use class synergies to do things you cant do without having to use exploits.

For an example: VT. You dont need any exploits/ gliches or bugs. Take a debuff DC (without buggy feat) a buff GF and 3 decent DDs and you will never have to do the caskets. Worked in mod 5 works in mod 6. No exploit. Just a combination of buffs/debuffs.

I did not say that. Though many of the players who have toppled the bosses in this Mod... are taking advantage of the exploits. I was stating that in the future because they got everything the game had to offer... they will not spend any money to buy Zen.

Does this mean that every exploiter is a bad player... after all... every sinner can be a saint.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Players soloing bosses which were intended for 5man groups is clearny offense but imo not ban worthy. Take all their currencies, gear, etc and rollback them to lvl20 and call it day ;)
  • Options
    kapitanjebudukapitanjebudu Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    tousseau wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this little tidbit here from Panderus...

(bolded relevant part)

From my current take on the situation... Unless Cryptic comes forward and start stating that these issues are bugs, working as intended, or are balance concerns... one can only begin to wonder if this is the way they are intended to work.

Beyond this, their "Wall of Silence" they like to stand behind will only work against them and continue to erode the players trust in them.

I hate to say it Devs... but your are not the Wizard of Oz... only a human hiding behind a curtain...

If you think HR using his broken skill to solo Lostmouth , taking 50% of his HP in less than 3 seconds is not using a bug until some dev says officially its a bug - then you either use this bug to farm, or both your brain cells are dead.
  • Options
    wildlustwildlust Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited April 2015
    The problem is the game is actually fun to play, but the issue is it isn't because of rampart exploits/ bugs and hacks that seems to always be in game one way or another. Take the free stuff code that just was released.... The fubar'd it up and it was exploited to all heck. all because proper testing is lacking in this game. It's like the game is in constant beta(almost apha at time) and we the players either suffer to play what is a great game or be the exploiter so we don't get abused from the game. Danged if you do or danged if you don't.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I accidently chose the bugged CW feat, not knowing that it was a current exploit, and I don't have the AD to respec D: Keep in mind some of us are innocent and didn't spec that way intentionally.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    zickyjackszickyjacks Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's kinda funny how people are saying ban the people that use the exploits to complete the dungeons. But these are the same people (sometimes) asking for like 3k item level to cue. It's the same thing that happened before; people would ask for 17k for ePk (non-speed run) which keeps people that need to run the content out. But then get mad when you have like 12k gs people in tiamat. Not saying the exploit is ok. It isn't.
  • Options
    quaranaxquaranax Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I accidently chose the bugged CW feat, not knowing that it was a current exploit, and I don't have the AD to respec D: Keep in mind some of us are innocent and didn't spec that way intentionally.

I happened upon the DC problem the same way. I reached level 70, got the new artifacts from the questline and looked at the new skills and powers. A healing DC's main daily use during a party is having HG up as much as possible, so I chose the new module 6 Class Feature that helps this, then naturally chose the offhand skill that gives it an extra boost. I also put a few points into the Virtuous line to get an even higher HG uptime.

Then I activated HG and was like...... wtf this new skill is awesome but really overpowered, I am sure they will nerf it.

What do you expect me to do? NOT use the new skills? I came back to this game in Module 6 BECAUSE of the new skills and content.

• Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    str8slayer wrote: »
    banning anybody for using it would be idiotic and hypocritical to the extreme.
    banning anyone who's LEFT in this game after the mass exodus of the mod6 release debacle would literally be the last nail in this game's coffin, if it even still has a pulse...
  • Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015

True, but i would not call an innocent moron which call on lfg for DCap or "hr who knows the bug", yes they themself call it a bug, and still call for them. Sorry, they r not innocent, heck i have whole dictionary of words i can use to name them, even lew would grabbed his head after i would let it go.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Please do not discuss exploits on the forums, per the Rules of Conduct.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.