test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW worthless now.

trluminarytrluminary Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2
edited April 2015 in The Library
After the mod6 patch the lifesteal stat, of which I am focused, was like 11% to trigger. At that rate almost any confrontation from groups, which is the norm for all content and the rule for end-game content, will kill me because I do not get any kind of consistant life return from lifesteal (which feels far less than 11% to trigger) and the potions cool-down timer is to long to stay alive. I find most battles consist of me running then turn and hit a few time before my life is almost gone, then run some more.

Well, after todays patch my lifesteal is now 7.5% to trigger. I do not see any kind of return now. Fights now consist of: hit enemy, enemy group surrounds you, you are dead, or simple running away for my life and praying i can get away. old content does not seem to be much of a problem, but all new content and areas are to difficult to be fun anymore. The map dungeons seem to keep scaling up to 70, even old content dungeons.

There are going to be those of you that say I just dont know how to play a CW, and that you are not having any problem, but I simply do not believe you. I have been playing this CW from the very start. I have never had a problem with them. The only way to not be having a problem is to have bought your character the very best of everything.

the CW is useless.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not believing does not make it unreal.

I play a MoF skilled on the Renegade Path. Before the Mod I had 15k GS, now I have the equivalent of equipment. Nothing better than purple, no enchantments better than lvl 7.

My fights in Sharandar, Dread Ring and Sunken Shore consist of: Choosing group of enemies, Tab: Conduit of Ice and Fanning the Flames on the Strongest in the group, Icy Terrain while they run at me, Time Steal, Dodge, using Chilling Cloud and more dodging, repeat. Sometimes I also use Oppressing Force.

Works for me quite good and I don't get much damage. My Life Steal is at 1250 and procs quite often (but then I deal damage quite often too). Though I have to admit, that I have to tweak my stlye a little bit. Since enemies hit very hard I need to find an alternative for Time Steal. SInce there is not much good AoE I tend to switch to Shield. The DR could be very helpful and save me one or two dodges.

Also I have problems in IWD, but then I'm not on lvl 70 yet and should not be there. :)

I'm sure you played your CW for a long time and knew, what you did. But now you have to adapt, and I think that's what is a bit difficult for you. Without Life Steal as it was, you need to focus more on a defensive build with more HP and Defense, so you have enough time to get procs out of Life Steal.

Or, if you already have a very defensive build, you need to play a bit more and get used to the new enemies behaviour. I'm sure you will do well after some time.
  • Options
    jammer515jammer515 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Didn't you post this yesterday?

My CW hasn't died once so far with 11% LS. SF procced a few times, which hasn't occurred in ages, but no permanent deaths for me. I just dodge more than I used to. AIL is only 1930 and I'm wearing Draconic Templar gear.

There are those of us who are still in Shadow Weavers. I re-scpec'd twice last night trying to come up with a build that would survive Solo Sharandar. I barely can do smaller groups without dying, but as soon as something adds, I am toast. Control powers help but I still have to mash on potions to stay alive. It's just frustrating that content I could solo last week, now I ahve to have a group to do.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sharandar is now effectively a level 70 zone, even though you can go there in your old kit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW damage can be insane off the chart now.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    jammer515jammer515 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    See the last line I put in my response:

"It's just frustrating that content I could solo last week, now I have to have a group to do."

I get that it is level 70 "Duh!" ... lol I'm just frustrated is all because I am still having a hard time understanding the "why" it has to be this way.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jammer515 wrote: »
    See the last line I put in my response:

"It's just frustrating that content I could solo last week, now I have to have a group to do."

I get that it is level 70 "Duh!" ... lol I'm just frustrated is all because I am still having a hard time understanding the "why" it has to be this way.

Because it is end-game content - just that the end-game cap increased from 60 to 70. Call it "growing pains."

You'll be able to get back to it once you grind through all that "flooded" stuff . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is a long stretch to go from "I'm having trouble playing CW effectively" to "the CW is useless." CW's need to be much more careful now. Facetanking is now very hazardous to your health (as it should be). But every class has its challenges in the new mod:

-A TR caught out of stealth by the same mobs will have the same survivability problem.
    -SW's are even squishier than CW's (since no dodge) and have been hit just as hard by the lifesteal nerf.
    -GWF's have to be in melee range to attack and yet they have no dodge and their DR is reduced.
    -GF's still take forever to clear enemies. Tasks of "kill 100 of these thingies" are quick for a CW. Those are brutal for GF's especially with how much HP enemies now have.
    -DC's can't out-heal incoming damage so they're in much the same "kill before stuff kills you" boat as a CW, only with lower DPS.

I've had little to no problems on my CW so far. But then, I was on the preview server getting a hard reality check months ago about what this new Module would be like. I've had time to adjust and adapt. If you've been playing since launch you probably know the class well enough to eventually do the same. The devs have given CW's the tools to survive this content. It's just gone unused in favor of "whatever does the absolute most DPS" up until now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have 11% LS. I was 19K last week, and am 2.2K now, still with 28K HP. I haven't changed any gear or tactics to level. I still facetank most mobs. Maybe I dodge a little more often, but not by much. At 65, I've died several times, but not often. The only things that really give me trouble are the heralds, their adds, and some of the new HEs.

Life Steal happens, but it's luck now.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW is far from useless. Mine is effectively the same as she was before... same paragon, same feat tree. I used the free respec to tweak a few things I wasn't satisfied with, but she is still MoF Thaum. The only major change was changing from High Vizier to Elemental gear. I think my CW is actually more effective now.
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I do think lifesteal as it is is badly designed. It will often proc at moments that are useless and not proc when it's needed. It also needs too much investment for it to become reliable (reliable to me is 25% chance or more). The previous version was without a doubt too strong because it scaled too well form just damage but the new version is just way too unreliable and will very often overheal for a ton or just do a very small heal because it procced on a at-will. Double proc rate, halves the amount and I think we would be in a much better situation.
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    30th2u1.jpg

I just finished VT run with some people and it was an enjoyable experience. Got some elven raid armor to check it out.

CW's far from useless, but this is finally a stop to all those game'breaking kids who rush ahead to grab damage. I salute that : = )
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jammer515 wrote: »
    There are those of us who are still in Shadow Weavers. I re-scpec'd twice last night trying to come up with a build that would survive Solo Sharandar..

Do you have any of the currencies from the WoD? if you do then when you get to lvl 61 go to the WoD campaign shop and buy the Eternal set ,it adds a bunch of HP and has better stats but you lose the set bonus , it will make life a lot easier.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    zeusom wrote: »
    CW damage can be insane off the chart now.

Correction:
    No!
    GWFs do tremendously more dmg in dungeons with recent buffs.
    TRs do more damage in LOL/SOT
    Havent party with Sw but I think they still do much more dmg!
    Hr the same I guess.
  • Options
    mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    trluminary wrote: »
    After the mod6 patch the lifesteal stat, of which I am focused, was like 11% to trigger. At that rate almost any confrontation from groups, which is the norm for all content and the rule for end-game content, will kill me because I do not get any kind of consistant life return from lifesteal (which feels far less than 11% to trigger) and the potions cool-down timer is to long to stay alive. I find most battles consist of me running then turn and hit a few time before my life is almost gone, then run some more.

Well, after todays patch my lifesteal is now 7.5% to trigger. I do not see any kind of return now. Fights now consist of: hit enemy, enemy group surrounds you, you are dead, or simple running away for my life and praying i can get away. old content does not seem to be much of a problem, but all new content and areas are to difficult to be fun anymore. The map dungeons seem to keep scaling up to 70, even old content dungeons.

There are going to be those of you that say I just dont know how to play a CW, and that you are not having any problem, but I simply do not believe you. I have been playing this CW from the very start. I have never had a problem with them. The only way to not be having a problem is to have bought your character the very best of everything.

the CW is useless.

I used to think that as a SW, life couldn't get any worse. Not wanted in parties, useless in PvP, hard time questing.
    Then I read this and I feel so much better.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • Options
    angelkreatorangelkreator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    now healing classes have a serious role in game like any mmo. stop qq you cannot selfheal through uber dmg before. i was sick to be in groups where people kicked any class that joined that wasnt gwf or cw so healing classes could rest doing nothing.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Change your way of thinking and you'll find we're more powerful than we ever were.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    nwoun1nwoun1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1.) 70%+ crit
    2.) Storm Spell
    3.) Lostmauth set
    4.) Transcendend Feytouched
    5.) win

I've run eCC today with 4CW/HR. Of course the endboss is untouchable but you can comfortably farm Seals without DC/GF.
  • Options
    wixxgs1chtwixxgs1cht Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    nwoun1 wrote: »
    3.) Lostmauth set
    4.) Transcendend Feytouched

I hope this is addressed on 4/23. It's... awful.
  • Options
    dragonogredragonogre Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see the real concern about life steal I never really used it on my CW which is at 3%. I see a damage change yes but remember your class teleport makes a useful dodge like it always has. It all comes down to being aware of the fight around you using the teleport to stay out of trouble and use your skills some of which are knock backs.
    Elemental Evil is the best module ever it fixed all the bugs!
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thread title is hilarious. CW has and will always rule pve with an iron fist
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Change your way of thinking and you'll find we're more powerful than we ever were.

Ok, so you're in pvp somewhere on the map. You hear the "poof" sound of a red TR near you, going into Stealth. Fortunately you feel more powerful than ever and you can think out of the box. What do you do?
  • Options
    umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You dodge.
  • Options
    djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    and then u die...
  • Options
    ashnvfashnvf Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Because it is end-game content - just that the end-game cap increased from 60 to 70. Call it "growing pains."

You'll be able to get back to it once you grind through all that "flooded" stuff . . . :)

Or you can call it smoke and mirrors. Level 70 is weaker than level 60 used to be.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Or you can call it smoke and mirrors. Level 70 is weaker than level 60 used to be.

Yes, level 70 in level 60 gear is weaker. Time to start re-gearing.