test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Yellow/White Stats and cap info

bmcd73bmcd73 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I just started playing again after some time off and I know a ton of things have changed with mod 6. I've seen some old guides about cap info and they all say soft caps around 2-4k depending on what you read. Is this still the same or has this changed?

Also noticed that some of my stats are yellow and others are just white. In both cases the stats seem to be modified by gear, buffs, etc. See the picture below. What does this mean?

Ultimately I played Ghost Stories last night to progress my campaign. It was insane. I spent 20 health kits and about 45 minutes trying to complete. I finally had got to the end but received so many injuries I had to leave. There are like 6 guys plus the boss at the end and some of them hit for like 35k in a single hit. I'm playing an OP which has been pretty survivable. Is the level disparity between 68 and 70 that great that you just cannot effectively do any of this content until you are 70 or are my points/gear totally off or what? I have mostly at level greens, a number of blues, and a few purple items.

I like a challenge and all but this was just plain NOT fun.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    sumtasumta Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    welcome to mod 6, bring your own lube
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    sumta wrote: »
    welcome to mod 6, bring your own lube

So is it supposed to be so difficult that it takes the fun out of it? I mean the crazy easy before and now impossibly difficult. Isn't there something in between? On top of that, the grinding is even worse than before. I like the content, I like the story, I like the new class, I like the campaign stuff, but the non stop grinding between 61-70 with those 16 task business is brutal. Not fun at all.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    So is it supposed to be so difficult that it takes the fun out of it? I mean the crazy easy before and now impossibly difficult. Isn't there something in between? On top of that, the grinding is even worse than before. I like the content, I like the story, I like the new class, I like the campaign stuff, but the non stop grinding between 61-70 with those 16 task business is brutal. Not fun at all.

I enjoy the new difficulty. However, in general I think Cryptic went a bit too far since solo play is quite hard now in the campaign zones(that are supposed to be solo).

When that is said: You are doing a level 70 zone at 68, and the automatic level adjustment is harsh. It seems you don't get full level 70 powers when you are levelled up. (But the other side of the coin is you are fairly powerful when levelled down)

So specifically for GS you should level 70 and get some level 70 gear. Don't believe in it when you are levelled up to 70 :)
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You are doing a level 70 zone at 68, and the automatic level adjustment is harsh. It seems you don't get full level 70 powers when you are levelled up.

This could also be solved with that.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I enjoy the new difficulty. However, in general I think Cryptic went a bit too far since solo play is quite hard now in the campaign zones(that are supposed to be solo).

When that is said: You are doing a level 70 zone at 68, and the automatic level adjustment is harsh. It seems you don't get full level 70 powers when you are levelled up. (But the other side of the coin is you are fairly powerful when levelled down)

So specifically for GS you should level 70 and get some level 70 gear. Don't believe in it when you are levelled up to 70 :)

So the disparity between levels is VERY significant is what you are saying. Actually in the zone where you fight the boss, I am fighting at level 68. It does not scale at all.

And you are right...the scaling down seems to be very powerful but the scaling up is almost non existent.

Basically, I have to grind until I hit 70, then do the campaign? Why even introduce the campaign before 70 then. I thought the whole point was to be able to do the campaign before 70. At least I thought that was cool that I COULD do some of the campaign before 70. Maybe it was never the intention.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Oh...and anyone know about the white/yellow stats? What's the diff?
  • Options
    lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bmcd73 wrote: »
    Oh...and anyone know about the white/yellow stats? What's the diff?
    I think the best we can assure is that the yellow ones miss the blue sub-pixels.