test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tricker Rogue DPS build?

zupperman87zupperman87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Thieves' Den
Hello everyone,
So I have looked and looked for updated TR builds but have been batting 0. All guides appear to be a bit outdated as such, so I was wondering if anyone had any links or if feasible with your own experience help me out.

I just hit 30 and went with whisperknife paragon. It seems to fit my play style as of now. But I'm curious to any experienced TR with their at will, encounters, feats, and etc are at. I don't do much PvP as of now so strict DPS PvE is what I'm looking for.

I appreciate any feedback and replies. Thank you.
Post edited by zupperman87 on

Comments

• seanhazz1seanhazz1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited April 2015
    A lot of the content, if not all of the content, has been ported from PC. You may find more help in the Neverwinter PC forums for TR builds for now. Just trying to help.
  • ltrobbiesanltrobbiesan Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Not sure how helpful this will be to you, since this person spec'd a perma-stealth rogue. However, being new to the game and a Trickster Rogue, I found a lot of useful information.

http://mmominds.com/2013/08/18/build-guide-int-rogue-perma-stealth-build-with-videos-by-x3lade/

Note: Link does work, but just trying to get there I encountered some server issues. If that happens to you, refresh the page in a minute or so and you'll eventually get there.
  • munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Permastealth is not a DPS build. It was designed originally for being a node capper/holder for PvP.

I would not recommend doing a Permastealth build if you are looking for DPS in PvE, especially if you are a new player to the game, or the class itself.

If you are looking for DPS for PvE and are fairly new to the game/class. I highly recommend going fully into the Executioner tier. You will not be disappointed and achieve exactly what you are looking for.

However, there are many hybrid type builds that have been proven in the over 2 years since NW has been out, that depending on the playstyle, player skill and gear, are all very effective.

As a seasoned TR, I recommend going fully into Exec until you get used to the class, and learn your own playstyle and what works for you.
  • zupperman87zupperman87 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I appreciate the given feedback thus far. The PC forums have already been ravaged by me. None seem to be 100% up to date but that's where I received a majority of how I started structuring my TR.
    munkey81 wrote: »
    If you are looking for DPS for PvE and are fairly new to the game/class. I highly recommend going fully into the Executioner tier. You will not be disappointed and achieve exactly what you are looking for.

However, there are many hybrid type builds that have been proven in the over 2 years since NW has been out, that depending on the playstyle, player skill and gear, are all very effective.

As a seasoned TR, I recommend going fully into Exec until you get used to the class, and learn your own playstyle and what works for you.

Right from the getgo I seen Exec was the build I wanted to go with. My question now though is what are the At-Wills, Encounters, Dailies to use to produce the best DPS. I got excited when I had disheartening strike just become available but it seems it's more of a situational(boss) type of at will because the animation isn't instant. For now being almost 36; I'm using Duelist Flurry(which from my understanding is main DPS at end game) and sly flourish. With LB and dazing strike. Any help in this are would be fantastic. The feats I'm pretty good on now.
  • mesoecmesoec Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787021-Mod-5-PvE-TR-Build-(Early-Stages)

Is a good basis to start with since we are on Mod 5, if you want to attempt to stay in stealth more swap point from twisted grin up to sneaky stabber in sabot tree (10% stealh refill on glooming cut). This will let you stay in stealth a bit longer allowing you to benefit from crit sev bonus plus combat advantage and 100% crit from stealth.

I havent got around to testing to much on xbox yet as to how well it performs since i am not yet 60. For tough mobs that you aren't tanking, running DF and GC at the same time could be usefull (GC while in stealth and DF when out of stealth) I also believe Lurkers Assault is a better daily than shocking execution. 25% more Dmg from everything for 10 seconds, yes please.

Just realized you went WI, well anyhow umm.....your WI encounters are kinda meh....
    edited April 2015
    After further reading, I decided to respec my Rogue for MI. To me, the run speed, and critics active seemed to fit. Amongst others.. Getting to 45 I've gained more of a basis for the class, and for now am always at the top with damage in dungeons. Ive also became a friend with PvP; it's pretty fun along with the XP you get. But to get back on topic, I'll give what I've got now and what I'm using... I'd love feedback on that to further improve my DPS and play style.

Edit** Everyone keeps commenting on this build-- scroll down a few posts to find updated build.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wouldnt recommend going exe right now. Mod 6 literally destroyed Shadow of Demise (capstone) for PvE. Sabo is way to go, as new player you are going to need some defense, it also currently has more damage, and is way more versatile.

P.S. Slot Smoke Bomb as soon as you get it. Its awesome.
    edited April 2015
    I'm looking at the Saboteur feats, and to me it seems it'll constantly prix stealth which is auto crit.. But I'm trying to see how I would even skill it?
    5/5 flashing blades
    I don't like either of the next 2 so maybe
    5/5 shady preparations as well
    5/5 gutterborns touch
    5/5 shadow opportunity
    1/1 one with the shadows?
    5/5 arterial cut?

I got smoke bomb but it seems like it's a weak AOE.. Haven't really tested it much though.. Since my last post I rocketed up to 52. So I'm really trying to not pick and get everything where I want it.
    edited April 2015
    After hitting 60, I've had time to kinda improve my gear and which skills to use. I know there isn't many guides that are updated.. In not good at guides but I will link to my powers/feats for new players along with what skills I use in end game. I have been at the top of the DPS with every instance I've been in, and I don't say that to brag. I feel that how I play my class and when I use skills is the key factor in it. As of 4/15 I have a GS of 8.9, so I'm just building up.

Edit** 9.8k GS now. And doing everything the same.

At Will: (same for bosses)
    Duelist Fury
    Sly Florish

Enc:
    Lashing blade
    Path of Blades
    Blitz
    (Depending on the boss or party makeup. If no tank I have a habit of tanking so I'll use impossible to catch and shadow strike for the stealth)

Daily:
    Lurkers Assault(used 90% on boss)
    Whirlwind (Great for when a ton of mobs. Good AOE, then reap the power benefits)

Passive:
    Tactics
    skillful Infilitrator

Now when clearing trash, I usally stealth followed by blitz, This will give you shadow of demise then throw path of blades on, then lashing blade. I will use the hell outta duelist for those DoT damage; and every time stealth is ready I use that with dues list while not just aiming at one mob. I will use it on multiple mobs to get dot on multiples. And I'll reuse path when up.. And blitz on occasion or to hit and get outta red.(I probably use it more than I think though)

Big guys with little guys:

I'll use stealth and duelist to get some damage on them but switch to the little guys and focus to burn them down while always keeping my path of blades up for the tiny bit of AOE I have. And situational is when you defer between using lurkers assault and whirlwind. If it's only a few mobs I tend to use lurker and just focus on the litte guys fast(remember to use stealth when it's up) and just duelist them down.

Boss:
    All I've done and it seems to work, stealth duelist-- hit my lashing blade and just duelist and repeat. Once adds come out, you can use whirlwind for the AOE plus power boost then just focus on mobs. Don't just DPS the boss unless your party is over geared and can just hurn the boss(if someone is kiting for example as well). Duelist + Lurker + stealth = high DPS and high crit DoTs...

I know this isn't the best guide; however it's a base to new rogues. I'm still working on enchants and not an expert in any sense in that area. As of now, I've been focusing on power enchants and defense. Once I get a good basis on this, I'll update it on that.

For now, feats/power link:

http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=p9n:27mwxc:1o23sw,1li3i3c:1w0000:130000:1uu0uv&h=1&p=min

Hope this helps!
  • faceman187faceman187 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm looking at the Saboteur feats, and to me it seems it'll constantly prix stealth which is auto crit.. But I'm trying to see how I would even skill it?
    5/5 flashing blades
    I don't like either of the next 2 so maybe
    5/5 shady preparations as well
    5/5 gutterborns touch
    5/5 shadow opportunity
    1/1 one with the shadows?
    5/5 arterial cut?

I got smoke bomb but it seems like it's a weak AOE.. Haven't really tested it much though.. Since my last post I rocketed up to 52. So I'm really trying to not pick and get everything where I want it.

That's how I have my feats at 60. Works well for me. Ive also been playing a lot of pvp since 60. I've run one dungeon but I was still easily in first place for dps at the end.
  • zaknafyenzaknafyen Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Boss:

At will:
    Duelist
    Cloud of Steel

Enc:
    Lashing Blade
    Dazing Strike
    Wicked Reminder(Thinking of using Impossible to catch once harder bosses)

Daily:
    Lurkers Assault(DPS machine with duelist or so it seems)
    Whirlwind (I only use the lurker on boss)

Passive:
    Same as above; haven't unlocked a lot because was doing my PvP base stuff..

As for my feats this far:

3/5 Action Advantage
    3/3 Weapon Mastery
    3/3 Toughness
    3/3 Cunning Ambusher
    3/3 Endless Assault
    3/3 Scoundrel Training
    2/3 Disciple of Strength

5/5 Arterial Cut
    5/5 Vicious Pursuit
    5/5 Last Moments
    1/5 Shadowborn

I appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks guys.

I would recommend swapping out Whirling Blades for Bloodbath. It may not do a lot of damage, but you're immune to CC and damage, so it's free damage to a boss or any adds within a 30 yard (or is it feet?) radius.

For your At-Wills, I was using Glooming Cut, but recently swapped to Sly Flourish for quickly killing low-tier adds that don't require a full Duelist Flurry combo. I was thinking of switching to Cloud of Steel as a good ranged attack in the event that I can't be within melee range and don't want to worry about dropping DPS completely.
  • pandynupandynu Member Posts: 45
    edited April 2015
    zaknafyen wrote: »
    I would recommend swapping out Whirling Blades for Bloodbath. It may not do a lot of damage, but you're immune to CC and damage, so it's free damage to a boss or any adds within a 30 yard (or is it feet?) radius.

Hi - I would not recommend this :)

For boss fights, you really only ever use Lurker's Assault. For most boss fights in which you would need CC and damage immunity, you will instead simply use Impossible to Catch. Impossible to Catch is best used on boss fights right before your stealth runs out.

Bloodbath would only really be used in PvP but even then, it's basically useless.
    edited April 2015
    Passive:

First Strike(Only using because I had it bugged for PvP-Thinking of using tactics)
    Skillful Infilitrator(I love that speed and crit)

Passive:
    Same as above; haven't unlocked a lot because was doing my PvP base stuff..

As for my feats this far:

3/5 Action Advantage
    3/3 Weapon Mastery
    3/3 Toughness
    3/3 Cunning Ambusher
    3/3 Endless Assault
    3/3 Scoundrel Training
    2/3 Disciple of Strength

5/5 Arterial Cut
    5/5 Vicious Pursuit
    5/5 Last Moments
    1/5 Shadowborn

I appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks guys.

I could recommend not using First Strike for PvE. Instead, consider using Invisible Infiltrator. The synergy is great with Lurker's Assault.

Trickster Rogues gain AP slower than the other classes. However, Action Advantage is essentially useless. The reason I say this is because the gain stacks in a multiplicative way instead of an additive way. I suggest removing all points from this feat.
    edited April 2015
    pandynu wrote: »
    I could recommend not using First Strike for PvE. Instead, consider using Invisible Infiltrator. The synergy is great with Lurker's Assault.

Trickster Rogues gain AP slower than the other classes. However, Action Advantage is essentially useless. The reason I say this is because the gain stacks in a multiplicative way instead of an additive way. I suggest removing all points from this feat.

I have an updated post further down in the thread; but it does seem that the advantage doesn't do much. I only use the first strike in PvP. Ultimately useless in PvE.
  • sudnd3thsudnd3th Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Here's how i've went, mixture of two builds i found put into one since i enjoy both PvE and PvE.

http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=p9v:27woj4:15yaps,13j3ic5:1u0000:100000:1uz0z1&h=0&p=min

PvE (Single Target)

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters
    Lashing Blade
    Impact Shot/Dazing Strike
    Impossible to Catch

Dailies
    Blood Bath/Lurker's Assault
    Whirlwind of Blades/Shocking Execution

Passive
    Tenacious Concealment
    Skillful Infiltrator

PvE (AoE Build)

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters
    Smoke Bomb
    Path of the Blade
    Blitz/Impossible to Catch

Dailies
    Blood Bath/Lurker's Assault/Shocking Exectution
    Whirlwind of Blades

Passive
    Tenacious Concealment
    Skillful Infiltrator

PvP

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Cloud of Steel

Encounters
    Lashing Blade
    Shadow Strike

Dailies
    Lurker's Assault
    Shocking Exection

Passive
    First Strike
    Skillful Infiltrator
    suDnd3th - LvL 70 PvP WK Scoundrel TR
    Pyx - LvL 60 PvP AC DC Retired

XB1 GT - suDnd3th
    edited April 2015
    sudnd3th wrote: »
    Here's how i've went, mixture of two builds i found put into one since i enjoy both PvE and PvE.

http://nwcalc.com/tr?b=p9v:27woj4:15yaps,13j3ic5:1u0000:100000:1uz0z1&h=0&p=min

PvE (Single Target)

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters
    Lashing Blade
    Impossible to Catch

Dailies
    Blood Bath/Lurker's Assault
    Whirlwind of Blades/Shocking Execution

Passive
    Tenacious Concealment
    Skillful Infiltrator

PvE (AoE Build)

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters
    Smoke Bomb
    Path of the Blade
    Blitz/Impossible to Catch

Dailies
    Blood Bath/Lurker's Assault/Shocking Exectution
    Whirlwind of Blades

Passive
    Tenacious Concealment
    Skillful Infiltrator

PvP

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Cloud of Steel

Encounters
    Lashing Blade
    Shadow Strike

Dailies
    Lurker's Assault
    Shocking Exection

Passive
    First Strike
    Skillful Infiltrator

This is an interesting build. The synergy is a bit off.

You never really see ever see any TR using Tenacious Concealment in PvE...or PvP for that matter. Also, ITC is situational and really only utilized during boss fights. Having that in a core build sacrifices dps output. Also, you never really see Blood Bath used ever...at all.

As far as feats go, you seem to want to build around stealth with your 5/5 Imp Cunning Sneak. It would make more sense for you to spec into Saboteur instead of Executioner--but even then, you don't really see any builds using it. I would suggest dropping that feat if you're staying Executioner and instead use Scoundrel Training (considered core for PvE builds) and Discipline of Strength (also considered core--if you put puts into strength while leveling, it'd be a waste to NOT have this feat).
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing around with things. I use stealth a lot, but am also strong out of it (regularly leading damage tables by 2x the other fighters in both skirmish and dungeons). I almost only play PvE, because the PvP is boring as hell and incredibly repetitive.

This is my most-used setup, which is kinda a hybrid between taking on mobs and bosses:

RT: Duelist's Flurry (for most occasions)
    LT: Cloud of Steel (when taking on dragons or other enemies with lots of close AoEs)
    X: Path of the Blade (for taking on mobs)
    Y: Dazing Strike (dazes multiple mobs at once for several seconds when stealthed - will probably replace with Smoke Bomb, though)
    B: Lashing Blade (serious damage dealer, great from stealth on solo targets)
    LBX: Whirlwind of Blades (for taking on mobs)
    LBY: Shocking Execution (loads of damage, plus refils AP if you hit a target below 20%HP)

Active Class Feature: Tactics (for the action point gain, seriously increases the use of dailies)
    Active Class Feature: Invisible Infiltrator (refils stealth meter when you use a daily, damage increase for 5 seconds)

Heroic Feats:
    Action Advantage 5/5 (10% Action Point gain on combat advantage)
    Weapon Mastery 3/3 (3% Crit chance)
    Cunning Ambusher 3/3 (6% more damage after leaving stealth)
    Endless Assault 3/3 (6% more damage from Encounters)
    Scoundrel Training 3/3 (9% more damage from behind)
    Disciple of Strength 3/3 (6% strength modifier)

Executioner Paragon:
    Arterial Cut 5/5 (15% Crit Severity from stealth)
    Devastating Shroud 5/5 (10% crit chance and severity for 6 seconds after Shocking Execution)
    Twisted Grin 5/5 (12.5% more damage when a nearby enemy dies, 25% from stealth)
    Last moment 5/5 (25% more damage to low health foes, 70% from stealth)
    Exposed Weakness 5/5 (25% armour bypass from stealth)
    Shadowborn 5/5 (100% from first attack from stealth)
    Shadow of Demise 1/1 (Stealth recharges faster, stealth gain not interrupted by damage, armour bypassing damage based on damage done while effect is active)

Basically I use this to concentrate on mobs whenever they're around, and then go full on at the bosses once the mobs are dead.
    edited April 2015
    I've been playing around with things. I use stealth a lot, but am also strong out of it (regularly leading damage tables by 2x the other fighters in both skirmish and dungeons). I almost only play PvE, because the PvP is boring as hell and incredibly repetitive.

This is my most-used setup, which is kinda a hybrid between taking on mobs and bosses:

RT: Duelist's Flurry (for most occasions)
    LT: Cloud of Steel (when taking on dragons or other enemies with lots of close AoEs)
    X: Path of the Blade (for taking on mobs)
    Y: Dazing Strike (dazes multiple mobs at once for several seconds when stealthed - will probably replace with Smoke Bomb, though)
    B: Lashing Blade (serious damage dealer, great from stealth on solo targets)
    LBX: Whirlwind of Blades (for taking on mobs)
    LBY: Shocking Execution (loads of damage, plus refils AP if you hit a target below 20%HP)

Active Class Feature: Tactics (for the action point gain, seriously increases the use of dailies)
    Active Class Feature: Invisible Infiltrator (refils stealth meter when you use a daily, damage increase for 5 seconds)

Heroic Feats:
    Action Advantage 5/5 (10% Action Point gain on combat advantage)
    Weapon Mastery 3/3 (3% Crit chance)
    Cunning Ambusher 3/3 (6% more damage after leaving stealth)
    Endless Assault 3/3 (6% more damage from Encounters)
    Scoundrel Training 3/3 (9% more damage from behind)
    Disciple of Strength 3/3 (6% strength modifier)

Executioner Paragon:
    Arterial Cut 5/5 (15% Crit Severity from stealth)
    Devastating Shroud 5/5 (10% crit chance and severity for 6 seconds after Shocking Execution)
    Twisted Grin 5/5 (12.5% more damage when a nearby enemy dies, 25% from stealth)
    Last moment 5/5 (25% more damage to low health foes, 70% from stealth)
    Exposed Weakness 5/5 (25% armour bypass from stealth)
    Shadowborn 5/5 (100% from first attack from stealth)
    Shadow of Demise 1/1 (Stealth recharges faster, stealth gain not interrupted by damage, armour bypassing damage based on damage done while effect is active)

Basically I use this to concentrate on mobs whenever they're around, and then go full on at the bosses once the mobs are dead.

Build looks good man. In my opinion you could be doing more sustained damage however if you moved some points around.

I have always felt that Devastating Shroud is a waste of points. The buff is nice, but 6 seconds doesn't seem to be a good place to waste 5 points. Instead I would put them in Vicious Pursuit. Its 5% increased damage. 5% increased damage continually is by far better than 10% crit chance/sev for 6 seconds.

I also think Shadowborn is a very small bonus to DPS considering how often it will happen, as well as you may not always use it with a powerful encounter, could go off a single DF hit or Ranged which is fckall.

Roll with the punches 5/5 and Survivor 5/5 would go excellent with your build increasing your survivability considerably.

I assume you have Dailys up frequently so even Flashing Blades 5/5 and Knifes Edge would be great. AS a matter of fact, if you rarely PvP then I think this would be great for your build, increasing your over all dps significantly.

Just my 2cents but I bet you would parse much higher with flashing blades and knifes edge.
    edited April 2015
    I think I said this in another post, but any points in Action Advantage are essentially a waste. This is because the % gain per point added in the feat is multiplicative and NOT additive. The 10% gain you think you are getting only turns out to be approximately 1% total gain.

If you are using Invisible Infiltrator, you will achieve better synergy and more damage output by using Lurker's Assault, even with Devastating Shroud 5/5. The 6 seconds of crit% and severity and even the x16 damage multiplier from Shocking Execution will not exceed damage gained from the additional 5 seconds of stealth (5 seconds if not boosted) + the 6 seconds of Shadow of Demise. Remember that stealth gives TR combat advantage, and this is the key contributor to TR damage output. Honestly, I would remove the 5 points from Devastating Shroud and put them in Vicious Pursuit (this is core).

Even if you use Shocking Execution early, refill to be able to use it at sub 20% hp, and then get the free 3rd cast of the ability, you're only using it 3 times on a boss fight. That is the same amount of Lurker's Assualt procs I fit into the longer boss fights (our Draco kills give me time to fit in 3-4 dailies).

I could see burst at sub 20% being tempting though. You would stealth, Shocking Execution, stealth (proc from Invisible Infiltrator), do whatever squeeze an encounter or At-Will in, and then recast Shocking Execution just as stealth was falling off, and then restealth (proc from Invisible Infiltrator), and pew pew some more. You wait the 5 seconds in between Shocking Executions to get the max out of the 6 second crit% and severity bonus before reapplying it (minimizing clipping). 5 seconds because the buff will still be active, therefore applying to your second Shocking Execution.
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, unfortunately it costs quite a bit to buy a respec token so I won't be altering the build any time soon.

Once I've played around with it a bit more and seen how it all works together properly, I'll consider buying a token to put all the points in their optimal feats. I doubt I'd change the Shocking Execution stuff though. I've ended up mostly using it for mob control. Hit someone with shocking execution from stealth at >20%, refills both stealth and the daily, then use Whirlwind of Blades from stealth to deal serious damage to a huge number of mobs.

I've also started using smoke bomb now, which fits really well at the end of that to daze the mobs while they're finished off.
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    I have always felt that Devastating Shroud is a waste of points. The buff is nice, but 6 seconds doesn't seem to be a good place to waste 5 points. Instead I would put them in Vicious Pursuit. Its 5% increased damage. 5% increased damage continually is by far better than 10% crit chance/sev for 6 seconds.

As mentioned above, it seems to help massively in mob control so I'm weary of changing it up.

I also think Shadowborn is a very small bonus to DPS considering how often it will happen, as well as you may not always use it with a powerful encounter, could go off a single DF hit or Ranged which is fckall.

Shadowborn happens a lot with me. Sure it sometimes's wasted on a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> attack, but I've maximised stealth regen while keeping stealth time at a minimum. I'm not sure if the change would be worth it simply as I've never tried what you've suggested, and don't want to buy a respec token just to try it out :D

Roll with the punches 5/5 and Survivor 5/5 would go excellent with your build increasing your survivability considerably.

Not something I really have a problem with. I don't play solo - at the minimum I play with a Guardian Fighter set out as a 100% tank. I can dodge the big attacks and he can take threat off me if it's needed.

I assume you have Dailys up frequently so even Flashing Blades 5/5 and Knifes Edge would be great. AS a matter of fact, if you rarely PvP then I think this would be great for your build, increasing your over all dps significantly.

Just my 2cents but I bet you would parse much higher with flashing blades and knifes edge.

Yeah, those feats were a very hard choice to make and something I'd like to experiment with if I ever do get a respec token. It was either going to be Flashing Blades or Shadowborn. I've not really noticed much of a problem with my cooldowns - sure there's times where I don't have an encounter power to use, but it's usually only for a couple of seconds (Path of the Blade is almost ready to activate again when its finished its attack), plus my stealth is available so often I can just do some damage with that until they're back.
    edited April 2015
    Just realised I can respec feats with astral diamonds, which makes it a lot more viable. Though I'm in the middle of building up my professional assets so I rarely have any AD left.
  • smokingpantssmokingpants Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry to piggyback on your thread, but what is your geared speced into? Power, Crit, defense and then Armor pen? Or do you want Crit>Power>Defense? I just keep clicking on recommended whenever i get new gear.
    edited April 2015
    It's ArmPen until soft cap (~2560/24%). Then you go for Power/Crit Strike/Crit Severity. There's an ideal balance between the 3 stats since you start hitting diminishing returns (~1800). Also further depends if you are running vorpal or plaguefire.

For defensive stats (lifesteal, deflect, hp), you can do whatever you want. It is preference.
  • widdz30widdz30 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hi guys , im new TR , was 11k5 gs and all time first in dongeon but i think i can more optimise my build // gameplay.

554e98f706.png

vorpal on weapon //attack ( radiant ) // defense ( dragon ) // utility ( dark )

get 6k power , 2k2 crit (~ 40%) , 1k ~ ArP.

PvE

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters

Lashing Blade
    Dazing Strike
    Path Of The Blade

Dailies
    Lurker's Assault
    Shocking Execution

Passive
    Infiltrator's Action
    Invisible Infiltrator

crit with lashing blade are around 30-45k max

what can i optimize about my build or gameplay for be better ?

Thx for all.

edit : only play in PvE with friend group
    edited April 2015
    widdz30 wrote: »
    Hi guys , im new TR , was 11k5 gs and all time first in dongeon but i think i can more optimise my build // gameplay.

554e98f706.png

vorpal on weapon //attack ( radiant ) // defense ( dragon ) // utility ( dark )

get 6k power , 2k2 crit (~ 40%) , 1k ~ ArP.

PvE

At-Wills
    Duelist's Flurry
    Sly Flourish

Encounters

Lashing Blade
    Dazing Strike
    Path Of The Blade

Dailies
    Lurker's Assault
    Shocking Execution

Passive
    Infiltrator's Action
    Invisible Infiltrator

crit with lashing blade are around 30-45k max

what can i optimize about my build or gameplay for be better ?

Thx for all.

edit : only play in PvE with friend group

Your Armor Pen is too low. You need 24% as that is the mobs innate damage resistance in PvE.
    Hit 24% arp, atleast 40% crit than stack power, or recovery. I chose power but it's personal preference.

My power is just over 4,000 but I can do 80-90k lashing because I have the Arp.
  • thezer0fluxthezer0flux Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure how you can quickly get more damage for one shot, but you can do more DPS if you crit more often.

I traded power for crit (radiant for azure), boosted feats that increase stealth time, critical chance and critical severity, and use Lurker's Assault with Gloaming Cut (regens stealth when you hit/kill). Combined with Shadow of Demise, you don't lose stealth when hit, which means even MOAR stealth time. Stealth is 100% crit chance, so you get a big boost in DPS from that.

I also use Tactics and Skillful Infiltrator to gain AP faster and further increase crit chance, and I make sure I have combat advantage as often as possible.

Finally, I maximize my effectiveness with Shadow of Demise by hitting Path of the Blade while stealthed (blades hit harder and faster for shorter time), which procs SoD on multiple targets while adding more damage to the 6-sec damage accumulation window, then I hit the biggest threat with Lashing Blade, spring back and hit everything with Blitz, and finish with either Whirlwind of Blades (multiple weaker targets) or Shocking Execution (harder enemies), which can be used twice when the target is below 30% health (great for finishing bosses).

Beyond that, I've found that power above 4k makes little difference (20pts = ~1 damage), but having a 4k crit means I can crit more often -- 46% (or more depending on buffs) even when I'm not stealthed -- and can do a lot more damage. So I have my power and crit at 4k right now. I still have 9500 damage/heal potential and I've hit with multiple critical strikes for 40k in a single attack cycle when I'm stealthed, have combat advantage and adds are dying nearby. That's awesome when SoD procs because I hit again with half of that TOTAL damage, ignoring resistances. When I'm at my peak, my attack cycles routinely hit for a total of 165k or more, then I roll away to recharge for a few seconds and do it again... and again, and again. Nothing lasts long, and I typically top the damage leaderboard by at least double the person in 2nd place.

Here's my build:

feats.jpg?psid=1

-- ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE AT MAX --

At-Wills:
    Gloaming Cut
    Duelist's Flurry

Encounters (normal):
    Blitz
    Lashing Blade
    Path of the Blade

Encounters (boss):
    Impossible to Catch -- immune to control, take no damage
    Lashing Blade
    Path of the Blade

Dailies (normal):
    Lurker's Assault or Whirlwind of Blades
    Shocking Execution

Dailies (boss):
    Courage Breaker -- 90% damage reduction, 25% power boost
    Shocking Execution

Class:
    Tactics
    Skillful Infiltrator

Notes:
    • I swap out Lurker's Assault for Whirlwind of Blades in dungeons and skirmishes so I can clear adds faster (Whirlwind of Blades seems to work better in a group setting)
    • Impossible to Catch is fantastic for accumulating huge amounts of damage for SoD -- You can't be hurt, can't be knocked around, and can't be stunned, dazed or frozen, so you can just lay into the boss for the full six seconds
    • The importance of the bleed effect of Duelist's Flurry cannot be understated -- it stacks 10 times -- but use it when you aren't stealthed because it drains stealth very quickly
    • The importance of the stealth gain from Gloaming Cut (not to mention the damage it does) also cannot be understated. It might be slower than Sly Flourish, but when it does so much more damage and you can, in most cases, stay in stealth (100% crit) for an entire fight (meaning you can't be targeted and are unlikely to get hit) AND you get the bonuses from your Arterial Cut, Twisted Grin, Last Moments, and Exposed Weaknesses feats, well... let's just say the extra damage is noticeable
    • In addition to power and crit, I stack armor penetration and recovery with gear and boons, which also increases my damage potential

People overlook Gloaming Cut, but it's a fantastic At-Will power if you're looking to maximize damage. It just has to be used correctly... and by correctly I mean while stealthed and with the right feats. Gloaming Cut Bonus: you can dash to targeted enemies up to ~20' away.

Link to build: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/x/tr?b=2xhq:ytpru5:dfzm:2pn,1x63i05:100000:100000:1u55zv&h=0&p=min
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure how you can quickly get more damage for one shot, but you can do more DPS if you crit more often.

I traded power for crit (radiant for azure), boosted feats that increase stealth time, critical chance and critical severity, and use Lurker's Assault with Gloaming Cut (regens stealth when you hit/kill). Combined with Shadow of Demise, you don't lose stealth when hit, which means even MOAR stealth time. Stealth is 100% crit chance, so you get a big boost in DPS from that.

I also use Tactics and Skillful Infiltrator to gain AP faster and further increase crit chance, and I make sure I have combat advantage as often as possible.

Finally, I maximize my effectiveness with Shadow of Demise by hitting Path of the Blade while stealthed (blades hit harder and faster for shorter time), which procs SoD on multiple targets while adding more damage to the 6-sec damage accumulation window, then I hit the biggest threat with Lashing Blade, spring back and hit everything with Blitz, and finish with either Whirlwind of Blades (multiple weaker targets) or Shocking Execution (harder enemies), which can be used twice when the target is below 30% health (great for finishing bosses).

Beyond that, I've found that power above 4k makes little difference (20pts = ~1 damage), but having a 4k crit means I can crit more often -- 46% (or more depending on buffs) even when I'm not stealthed -- and can do a lot more damage. So I have my power and crit at 4k right now. I still have 9500 damage/heal potential and I've hit with multiple critical strikes for 40k in a single attack cycle when I'm stealthed, have combat advantage and adds are dying nearby. That's awesome when SoD procs because I hit again with half of that TOTAL damage, ignoring resistances. When I'm at my peak, my attack cycles routinely hit for a total of 165k or more, then I roll away to recharge for a few seconds and do it again... and again, and again. Nothing lasts long, and I typically top the damage leaderboard by at least double the person in 2nd place.

Here's my build:

feats.jpg?psid=1

-- ALL OF THE FOLLOWING ARE AT MAX --

At-Wills:
    Gloaming Cut
    Duelist's Flurry

Encounters (normal):
    Blitz
    Lashing Blade
    Path of the Blade

Encounters (boss):
    Impossible to Catch -- immune to control, take no damage
    Lashing Blade
    Path of the Blade

Dailies (normal):
    Lurker's Assault or Whirlwind of Blades
    Shocking Execution

Dailies (boss):
    Courage Breaker -- 90% damage reduction, 25% power boost
    Shocking Execution

Class:
    Tactics
    Skillful Infiltrator

Notes:
    • I swap out Lurker's Assault for Whirlwind of Blades in dungeons and skirmishes so I can clear adds faster (Whirlwind of Blades seems to work better in a group setting)
    • Impossible to Catch is fantastic for accumulating huge amounts of damage for SoD -- You can't be hurt, can't be knocked around, and can't be stunned, dazed or frozen, so you can just lay into the boss for the full six seconds
    • The importance of the bleed effect of Duelist's Flurry cannot be understated -- it stacks 10 times -- but use it when you aren't stealthed because it drains stealth very quickly
    • The importance of the stealth gain from Gloaming Cut (not to mention the damage it does) also cannot be understated. It might be slower than Sly Flourish, but when it does so much more damage and you can, in most cases, stay in stealth (100% crit) for an entire fight (meaning you can't be targeted and are unlikely to get hit) AND you get the bonuses from your Arterial Cut, Twisted Grin, Last Moments, and Exposed Weaknesses feats, well... let's just say the extra damage is noticeable
    • In addition to power and crit, I stack armor penetration and recovery with gear and boons, which also increases my damage potential

People overlook Gloaming Cut, but it's a fantastic At-Will power if you're looking to maximize damage. It just has to be used correctly... and by correctly I mean while stealthed and with the right feats. Gloaming Cut Bonus: you can dash to targeted enemies up to ~20' away.

Link to build: http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/x/tr?b=2xhq:ytpru5:dfzm:2pn,1x63i05:100000:100000:1u55zv&h=0&p=min

Vicious pursuit will grant you far more sustained damage than devastating shroud. 5% more damage always is by far better than a higher crit/crit sev bonus for 6 seconds every couple minutes.

Also, what is this feat your talking about with gloaming cut that allows you to dash 20' for a hit? The only feat that helps Gloaming Cut is Sneaky stabber and that just fills your stealth meter by 10% each hit.
    edited April 2015
    It's not a feat. By default, Gloaming Cut will make you dash toward enemies. I'm not entirely sure about the range (the power doesn't state), but I consistently dash to an enemy on attack from what seems like 15'-20' away.

I've played with both feats maxed and for my play style, Devastating Shroud works better. It's true Vicious Pursuit grants more general damage all the time, but my build is all about critical strikes and SoD. It's not the critical chance from DS that matters... it's the critical severity. See, I have no issue with adds or mobs in the world even without VP, but I want to hit bosses harder. DS let's me do that -- repeatedly. Also, I was in love with VP until I raised my armor penetration, then it mattered less.
    edited April 2015
    I am, however, considering swapping Shadowborn for either Flashing Blades or Shady Preparations. A 100% power increase seemed like a lot when I built this toon, but now that I know power doesn't make a big difference beyond 4k, I'm not sure it's worth putting the points there. Which do you think is better, Flashing Blades or Shady Preparations? I enter stealth a lot and my stealth meter is rarely full, so both would be active all the time. I think Flashing Blades fits my style better because I use Gloaming Cut so much, but my encounter powers are where the huge damage spikes come from, so doing them more often sounds great too.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions...