What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Let's talk about Rogues.

Comments

• Options
    krad777krad777 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oh god, don't get me started on a team of TR's with a DC. And yeah, without pvp gear Id pretty much stand no chance against a TR.
    "An Idle mind is the devils workshop"
  • Options
    xclusiv3636xclusiv3636 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'll give the perspective of a cw with ok pvp gear, high end pve, and pve spec

I use all the main pvp spells and have them maxed, only 2 PC t1 pvp gear, and no pvp spec to speak off. All that being said I hold my own but TR have more lockdowns then we do AND they have stealth... If you want to play semantics on names CW are supposed to lock down and be the undisputed dmg dealer (glass cannon and ONLY class in cloth) yet I ran run into a TR, take their full combo and either be dead or almost dead before I can move due to stun lock, slow, and or inability to tele due to ability disables.

Now put me on a full rotation, even if I get the rogue almost dead they go **** near per a dodge run away, stealth, pot or sneak behind me or some other soul and repeat.

I actually enjoy fighting every class in the game except a TR because even a terribly geared one will hold it's own on me due to character abilities and my true counter class. Any class but the rogue does not have stealth which makes it down to who gets the first jump, gl getting the first jump on something invisible
  • Options
    munkey81munkey81 Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW's are extremely powerful. An excellent counter class for TR's, just as TR's are an excellent counter for CW's.

A few tips:

1. Shield is extremely effective against TR's. Why? Because the majority of players are in fact new, and don't realize the amount of damage a CW's Shield absorbs. I see 9 out of 10 TR's so far in Xbox one, unloading Lashing on a full CW Shield, as well as the rest of their encounters. A good CW will crush this particular TR because they have just blown there entire wad for nil damage. Foolish mistake by new players.

2. Understanding the TR class is literally half the battle. For example; When it a TR goes Black(literally black in color), he has just used "Impossible to Catch". It is a utility encounter that releases the TR from "most" CC effects and makes them immune to further CC. If it is done while they are in Stealth, they become even darker in Black Color(very noticeable), are completely immune to CC affects, as well as they gain a 50% damage resistance. This encounter, fully upgraded will last 3 seconds. What this should say to anyone, is do NOT, waste your encounters, OR dailys on a TR while he is under the affects of ITC. If you do, you are silly and wasting all of your encounters. Instead, use common attacks, and at all cost do your best to avoid a face to face meeting.

3. TR's have 3 Dodges, in a row. Some builds allow them to regain stamina more quickly, but they will never have more than 3. Reason I say this, is part of playing in PvP is to fool your opponent. Make them assume something that is not, thus forcing a foolish use of a dodge. Why is this important? Well, if you are using a Daily for example on a fresh TR, a good one will always dodge your Daily if hes paying attention and has some skill. If you count the dodges, the chances of you landing more, if not all of your encounters is much more likely.

4. Playing the battlefield is important, and out-thinking your opponent goes hand in hand with knowing your opponents abilities, and recognizing which build they "may" be using, thus understanding which abilities you DO want to dodge, and which ones you chose not to waste a dodge on.

5. It is very important for your success, to understand how a TR moves. But everyone plays different you say? True, however, the majority of TR's will always be going for the kill, above all else. Meaning, if you are in the middle of a fight and you know a TR is on the other team, and your health is low, well look out. Look to the spawn points for incoming members, move around, back out and go find a heal pot. Sometimes it is more important to stay and die on a node in order to contest it, but that is an entirely different conversation. Also, a good TR on a node, will generally circle the node while in stealth, waiting for you to waste your dodges foolishly, as well as jump directly through you, allowing quick sight of him, so you waste your dodge. I personally fight like this, and 8 out of 10 times I can fool the player into wasting all their dodges, thus leaving them sitting ducks for my pain train of fisting.

I could go on and on about specific fights and encounters of each class, or 1 vs multiples but its a moot point. Ultimately the only one that is going to make you better at PvP is you. Knowledge is key, and will grant you great success. The guys that are always on the top of the boards in the 60 PvP are not getting lucky, they are not always TR's, its because they are smart, tactful players who understand fully the battlefield and how to manipulate other teams whether they are good, or bad.

Watch some premade videos on YouTube. There are tons.

Essence of Aggression, Lemonade Stand/Chocolate Stand, Enemy Team, Antagony --- Were the best of the best PvP Guilds when I played on PC. Theres more and I'm sorry if I forgot you! Been a long time though. Anyways, watch some of these premade videos, many of them are longer than an hour because the teams were so skilled no one was gaining points because everything was always in contention.

If you are a new player it will give you one helluva perspective on what end game pvp is like, and how top end players communicate and move class's around the battlefield in different situations. Its Chess in a nutshell.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    CW's are extremely powerful. An excellent counter class for TR's, just as TR's are an excellent counter for CW's.

A few tips:

1. Shield is extremely effective against TR's. Why? Because the majority of players are in fact new, and don't realize the amount of damage a CW's Shield absorbs. I see 9 out of 10 TR's so far in Xbox one, unloading Lashing on a full CW Shield, as well as the rest of their encounters. A good CW will crush this particular TR because they have just blown there entire wad for nil damage. Foolish mistake by new players.

2. Understanding the TR class is literally half the battle. For example; When it a TR goes Black(literally black in color), he has just used "Impossible to Catch". It is a utility encounter that releases the TR from "most" CC effects and makes them immune to further CC. If it is done while they are in Stealth, they become even darker in Black Color(very noticeable), are completely immune to CC affects, as well as they gain a 50% damage resistance. This encounter, fully upgraded will last 3 seconds. What this should say to anyone, is do NOT, waste your encounters, OR dailys on a TR while he is under the affects of ITC. If you do, you are silly and wasting all of your encounters. Instead, use common attacks, and at all cost do your best to avoid a face to face meeting.

3. TR's have 3 Dodges, in a row. Some builds allow them to regain stamina more quickly, but they will never have more than 3. Reason I say this, is part of playing in PvP is to fool your opponent. Make them assume something that is not, thus forcing a foolish use of a dodge. Why is this important? Well, if you are using a Daily for example on a fresh TR, a good one will always dodge your Daily if hes paying attention and has some skill. If you count the dodges, the chances of you landing more, if not all of your encounters is much more likely.

4. Playing the battlefield is important, and out-thinking your opponent goes hand in hand with knowing your opponents abilities, and recognizing which build they "may" be using, thus understanding which abilities you DO want to dodge, and which ones you chose not to waste a dodge on.

5. It is very important for your success, to understand how a TR moves. But everyone plays different you say? True, however, the majority of TR's will always be going for the kill, above all else. Meaning, if you are in the middle of a fight and you know a TR is on the other team, and your health is low, well look out. Look to the spawn points for incoming members, move around, back out and go find a heal pot. Sometimes it is more important to stay and die on a node in order to contest it, but that is an entirely different conversation. Also, a good TR on a node, will generally circle the node while in stealth, waiting for you to waste your dodges foolishly, as well as jump directly through you, allowing quick sight of him, so you waste your dodge. I personally fight like this, and 8 out of 10 times I can fool the player into wasting all their dodges, thus leaving them sitting ducks for my pain train of fisting.

I could go on and on about specific fights and encounters of each class, or 1 vs multiples but its a moot point. Ultimately the only one that is going to make you better at PvP is you. Knowledge is key, and will grant you great success. The guys that are always on the top of the boards in the 60 PvP are not getting lucky, they are not always TR's, its because they are smart, tactful players who understand fully the battlefield and how to manipulate other teams whether they are good, or bad.

Watch some premade videos on YouTube. There are tons.

Essence of Aggression, Lemonade Stand/Chocolate Stand, Enemy Team, Antagony --- Were the best of the best PvP Guilds when I played on PC. Theres more and I'm sorry if I forgot you! Been a long time though. Anyways, watch some of these premade videos, many of them are longer than an hour because the teams were so skilled no one was gaining points because everything was always in contention.

If you are a new player it will give you one helluva perspective on what end game pvp is like, and how top end players communicate and move class's around the battlefield in different situations. Its Chess in a nutshell.

CW shield only absorbs damage from the first strike. It does indeed work great against TR's but once your stun locked you're still ****ed, shield or no shield. I've run games with shield and without and I can honestly say it does not make much of a difference. Even having the shield on tab. I actually prefer to have an extra encounter slotted rather than shield. I do use shield in certain situations though.
  • Options
    wade8765wade8765 Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I played a cleric on the PC and the rogue was definitely the hardest to fight. so I started a rogue to see if I could do as well as others who play rogues. I usually come ranked in the top 3 at the end of pvp. The invisible is a huge advantage.

I also know that in PvE they kick butt too. I levelled to 50 in just a few days. On the xbox I'm a level 38 ranger and it's taking twice as long to level with it and it's harder for sure.

Yeah the game needs more balance...

Thanks

• Options
    fukiiyufukiiyu Member Posts: 159 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    wade8765 wrote: »
    I played a cleric on the PC and the rogue was definitely the hardest to fight. so I started a rogue to see if I could do as well as others who play rogues. I usually come ranked in the top 3 at the end of pvp. The invisible is a huge advantage.

I also know that in PvE they kick butt too. I levelled to 50 in just a few days. On the xbox I'm a level 38 ranger and it's taking twice as long to level with it and it's harder for sure.

Yeah the game needs more balance...

Thanks

Really? That's your argument to nerfing Rogues is because you "leveled twice as fast" with the Rogue than your HR?
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So you're trying to prove that TRs aren't OP by saying that in order to beat them, just send TWO people? LOL!!

I'm saying that in 1v1 a Rogue is much stronger than most classes, which is to be expected.

If your team is getting ganked all the time by this Rogue and he is slaughtering you guys individually like cattle, then I suggest you take a CW or DC with a DPS class and remove him from the situation.
  • Options
    ab0vegr0undab0vegr0und Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    Well Tr have been nerfed a lot. Back in the ol' days in mod 3 and below, a tr could solo dracolich with ease, as well as an entire team in PvP.
    Since then they were nerfed so at-wills drain stealth and stealth reduces faster, even gave all the dragons a nice aoe stun to take the tr out of stealth to one hit him.

Seeing them get nerfed a second time just won't happen. Just releasing mod 6 will make them even more OP.
    You can complain, but for 2 years people are complaining and crying about them in pvp. Nothing really happened.

In PvE you'd love a TR because he could solo Dread Vault on Epic better then your entire team. Be thankful because the only way to complete DR on xbox one right now is with a TR who knows the correct build to play. Since all of the pugs are just a new-to-mmo generation, you won't see a castle never or dread vault clear in forever.
  • Options
    j0kerspsychoj0kerspsycho Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well Tr have been nerfed a lot. Back in the ol' days in mod 3 and below, a tr could solo dracolich with ease, as well as an entire team in PvP.
    Since then they were nerfed so at-wills drain stealth and stealth reduces faster, even gave all the dragons a nice aoe stun to take the tr out of stealth to one hit him.

Seeing them get nerfed a second time just won't happen. Just releasing mod 6 will make them even more OP.
    You can complain, but for 2 years people are complaining and crying about them in pvp. Nothing really happened.

In PvE you'd love a TR because he could solo Dread Vault on Epic better then your entire team. Be thankful because the only way to complete DR on xbox one right now is with a TR who knows the correct build to play. Since all of the pugs are just a new-to-mmo generation, you won't see a castle never or dread vault clear in forever.
    Really? I just did both EDV and ECN yesterday. The last bosses are a pain cause of adds but when you get a system down for DV its pretty ez. CN...idk man it was difficult lol, prolly 10-20 injury kits used and i ended with almost 150mil damage xD

but on topic, yes this man is right, rogues didnt get nerfed before mod 6 on pc so they wont get nerfed on xb1 no amount of crying will do it. But with that, get pvp gear, it helps, a lot.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    ab0vegr0undab0vegr0und Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6
    edited April 2015
    Really? I just did both EDV and ECN yesterday. The last bosses are a pain cause of adds but when you get a system down for DV its pretty ez. CN...idk man it was difficult lol, prolly 10-20 injury kits used and i ended with almost 150mil damage xD

but on topic, yes this man is right, rogues didnt get nerfed before mod 6 on pc so they wont get nerfed on xb1 no amount of crying will do it. But with that, get pvp gear, it helps, a lot.

If you go on my xbox profile you can see myself as a Tr Solo yshiggol on epic. Aswell as the build to solo to boss. It can be done as Whisperknife or Master Infiltrator. So far I've only gotten to 50% on Dracolich, but the Aoe stuns and head swipes are so random to account for it's near impossible. Plus it takes way to many pots to replenish the failed dodges.
  • Options
    chuzeechuzee Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I actually highly disagree with this only build that is OP is unlimited stealth build, personally i do not use it.
    (In this case im not talking about that build)

I have been using tr alot in pvp, and yes i have gone matches like 23-0 with good healer.
    But you can actually do very horrible if there is no good team with you its not the class its the team that is better...
    And yes tr can one hit/one combo people, so does couple other classes too...

Why tr is not basically op ist that you actually dont get alot hp and you have horrible defense.
    Against good players your rogue is useless without healer or with decent healer.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    chuzee wrote: »
    I have been using tr alot in pvp, and yes i have gone matches like 23-0 with good healer.
    But you can actually do very horrible if there is no good team with you its not the class its the team that is better...
    And yes tr can one hit/one combo people, so does couple other classes too...

You deserve a cookie! I believe most of these kids jumping on the NERF OP TR bandwagon are new to the game and getting Rekt in 1 match maybe 2 matches and then spamming the forums.

Seriously? Learn to play your character and learn the weaknesses of your opponent.

If after much practice and intense research and you still think the TR is OP then state your case with some actual evidence of information.

Don't just say, "Omg, they 1-shot me, I died, OP NERF!"
    ^ Really? There are a lot of factors involved and just because you're getting killed by TRs doesn't automatically mean they are too OP. Not to be too blunt but maybe that means you don't know what you're doing and/or you are out-geared.
  • Options
    geltabgeltab Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    chuzee wrote: »
    I actually highly disagree with this only build that is OP is unlimited stealth build

Perma stealth is the only way to go. That's top level PvP rogue spec. I love it in PvE, too. You aren't targeted by anything but aoe and can solo **** near anything. What is not to love about a spec giving you a constant 100% crit chance, with CA, and invisibility?

Stack crit severity, power, Armor pen and you are good. Everything else is defensive stats (deflect, defense, regen/LS, Tenacity for PvP).

I run SS, Smoke Bomb, and Path of Blade for dungeons. It's a pure aoe build that tops dps EVERY time (as long as you do everything from stealth). Use Whirlwind of blades for daily and it can crit every mob for 20k+, Gloaming cuts for 10-15k a hit.

* I shouldn't have given away my secrets ;) *
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    fukiiyu wrote: »
    You deserve a cookie! I believe most of these kids jumping on the NERF OP TR bandwagon are new to the game and getting Rekt in 1 match maybe 2 matches and then spamming the forums.

Seriously? Learn to play your character and learn the weaknesses of your opponent.

If after much practice and intense research and you still think the TR is OP then state your case with some actual evidence of information.

Don't just say, "Omg, they 1-shot me, I died, OP NERF!"
    ^ Really? There are a lot of factors involved and just because you're getting killed by TRs doesn't automatically mean they are too OP. Not to be too blunt but maybe that means you don't know what you're doing and/or you are out-geared.
    I do think rogues need toned down a fair amount (if you think i get pwned in pvp GT is J0kerscyc0, have screenshots of my pvp scores) they are broken, they have been on pc and they still are on x1. That being said i still am not in full profound or even close and im sure when i get my full set rogues will be a lot less problematic (only a guess)
    If you go on my xbox profile you can see myself as a Tr Solo yshiggol on epic. Aswell as the build to solo to boss. It can be done as Whisperknife or Master Infiltrator. So far I've only gotten to 50% on Dracolich, but the Aoe stuns and head swipes are so random to account for it's near impossible. Plus it takes way to many pots to replenish the failed dodges.
    I do think that needs to not be a thing no reason one class should have the capability to do so, and yeah the CN is a pain in the ***, so much aoe, so many adds, so little dodges
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I do think rogues need toned down a fair amount (if you think i get pwned in pvp GT is J0kerscyc0, have screenshots of my pvp scores) they are broken, they have been on pc and they still are on x1. That being said i still am not in full profound or even close and im sure when i get my full set rogues will be a lot less problematic (only a guess)

I do think that needs to not be a thing no reason one class should have the capability to do so, and yeah the CN is a pain in the ***, so much aoe, so many adds, so little dodges

A duo of CW's can solo CN. I do believe I have even seen a single CW clear CN.

The people that do, and have done this are not average players. You cannot judge the power of a class based on a very, very, very small number of players that have extreme skill and are able to achieve such feats.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    One of my guild mates on pc solo CN as a fury SW. The video is awesome. That's absolute for you though ;)
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    munkey81 wrote: »
    A duo of CW's can solo CN. I do believe I have even seen a single CW clear CN.

The people that do, and have done this are not average players. You cannot judge the power of a class based on a very, very, very small number of players that have extreme skill and are able to achieve such feats.

I have seen streams and videos of a rogue perma stealthing a boss in many instances, the fact that that can happen in itself is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up, and in current gear on the X1 i would like to see one cw clear cn by himself.
    Step into the madhouse
    Aldren Boweing - 60 HR
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I have seen streams and videos of a rogue perma stealthing a boss in many instances, the fact that that can happen in itself is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up, and in current gear on the X1 i would like to see one cw clear cn by himself.

No I agree, with the newness of X1 I can't imagine CW's can duo it, however it's not impossible given the skill and build of the CW's.

Even if TR's can solo a dungeon. Its a very time consuming process. Does it really bother you that 1 out of probably 1000 TR's have the skill to do it?

Start a TR and do it yourself. I guess I don't see the problem with it, nor do I see it a problem with the class. Its working as intended and the amount of time it takes to finish is considerable.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Can we Atleast all agree that TR is the easiest class to pvp with? And yes I created a TR just for pvp before making this statement.

Lol I'm just messing around now(even though i do think they are the easiest class to pvp with). I just get amused at how offended TR's get when someone mentions them having even the slightest advantage.
  • Options
    logicdarkstarlogicdarkstar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I see alot of people playing classes that are designed to be more of a supportive role complaining that they aren't wiping the floor with kills. The rogue is designed to be a very quick and very heavy hitting. but they can be cc'd just like any other class. They don't have as much survivability as some other classes. They do have weaknesses. I admit that their abilities are incredibly hard hitting when they pull them off but there are many many ways to approach them to give you a fighting chance. Sometimes it just boils down to being supported by the right teammates. Alot of it comes down to brilliant timing with your own abilities or trying to predict what the rogue does before they do it. Im afraid if you are going into games without a premade team or without a mic and communication then you are going to find yourself in games with an incredibly good TR who will ruin you time and time again. The whole fun is working out how to deal with these things. Problem is alot of people just expect to be winning EVERY game or EVERY encounter. And the hard truth is that in pvp like this unless your rolling with the right team, it just isnt going to happen. The rogue can still only burst on one person at a time. So a team should have no problem in dealing with a tricky TR and adapting. Ive heard people playing cleric complaining that the aren't dominating rogues 1 on 1 and its just silly.
  • Options
    monktoastymonktoasty Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Rogues need gimped BAD
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I see alot of people playing classes that are designed to be more of a supportive role complaining that they aren't wiping the floor with kills. The rogue is designed to be a very quick and very heavy hitting. but they can be cc'd just like any other class. They don't have as much survivability as some other classes. They do have weaknesses. I admit that their abilities are incredibly hard hitting when they pull them off but there are many many ways to approach them to give you a fighting chance. Sometimes it just boils down to being supported by the right teammates. Alot of it comes down to brilliant timing with your own abilities or trying to predict what the rogue does before they do it. Im afraid if you are going into games without a premade team or without a mic and communication then you are going to find yourself in games with an incredibly good TR who will ruin you time and time again. The whole fun is working out how to deal with these things. Problem is alot of people just expect to be winning EVERY game or EVERY encounter. And the hard truth is that in pvp like this unless your rolling with the right team, it just isnt going to happen. The rogue can still only burst on one person at a time. So a team should have no problem in dealing with a tricky TR and adapting. Ive heard people playing cleric complaining that the aren't dominating rogues 1 on 1 and its just silly.

Sorry but then.why are not wizards one shotting people...wizards are even more squishy then.rogues and have no escape moves or cheap.hiding tactics yet wizards do <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> damage in pvp
  • Options
    akwxziakwxzi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When i started playing this game i was very hyped. Then i started pvp's and met the rogues. 1 word: annoying. I agree with all the things said in this topic. I wanna point my finger somewhere else: i am a guardian fighter and all i get is assists. I ended up 1 kill 2 deaths yesterday, with a stunning 40 assists. We won the match quite easily tho. When i make people 1 hp i get ksed, but even when i deal the last blow i wont get the kill. It seems like there is some kind of bug that does not allow me to get any kills. Anyone else had the some issues?

Greetings
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    In the end, if they dont nerf rogues or come on here and say they accept they made a HUGE design flaw, and they will work hard to nerf rofues...then this dev team doesnt deserve our money

I mean, where are the devs? Why are you buying zen when they are not talking to ys about this issue??
  • Options
    pentnoirpentnoir Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They are very op in pvp, although, I don't see them changing anything since from what I gather, they have been op on pc for a long time now.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Yeah they are either unintentionally OP or just a major design flaw. I am very well geared and built for pvp and Rogues are the only class I've every been 1 shotted by. Doesn't happen often but it's always a rogue. Not even other CW can dish out the damage I've seen rogues put out in a matter of seconds.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Obviously the devs play rogues, its their pet class

They suck at pvp so.had to.give themselves a boost
  • Options
    blindliteblindlite Member Posts: 43
    edited April 2015
    I can agree that our burst is way over powered. However a lot of the time our attacks miss at least from what I've noticed. If you try to hit someone right when they roll it will miss and you're out in the open like a sitting duck. Now I don't know about you guys but a rogue that is unstealthed is a dead rogue most of the time imo. What's even more annoying is when we go invis sneak around to the cleric on the other team use our burst and alas they take practically 0 dmg. I agree that our dmg needs to be looked but at the same time when I take my time to roll around to a cleric and put pressure on him he just stands there laughing because I do no dmg to him.

As I always say though hit and run if you aren't bursting then running you're likely dead. Especially if they have a CW near you and they have a clear shot at you it's goodbye for you.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The hit and run trs are exec. Spec. A sabateur tr will stay on point contesting it in perma stealth. U can control and occupy the whole team that way. It's a huge tactical advantage for your team.
  • Options
    jrourkejrourke Member Posts: 60
    edited April 2015
    Best thing to do with rogues is too block them then report them to microsoft for being unsportsmanlike hopefully it will reduce the amount of time you play with the likes of those people in the future.