Options

Oathbound Paladin known issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    aivenprimusaivenprimus Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    @openforbreakfast,

You seriously got some issues, dont you?

Did you even read what I wrote?

I dont even see a reason to waste my time explaining to you, why current Paladin is a serious problem ... Since you will keep on writing even more nonsense.

And you should look up the term ''Overpowered'' in dictionary.
  • Options
    kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited April 2015
    PvE: Paladins are not OP. The damage is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, you still cannot tank stuff like the Twin Fire Scorpions (and I don't mean their tail fireburst but their vanilla pincer attacks), survive the Firebreath of Lostmauth or the special attacks of certain mobs. Your main strengths are the buffs and a reliable taunt.

When random elites, like the Green Dragonfang in the pic below, can spit through 2 of your shields and knock you out in one hit then there is no tankiness. The damage RNG can and will surprise you on a regular basis.

kW3gLPn.jpg

92k hp and 47% unbuffed damage resistance are not enough, neither were 2 active shields. Even if my set was complete and I had another 20k hp it would not have changed the outcome.

I solo tanked The Motherlode in IWD recently and yet find myself useless in dungeons, except as buff bot and dragon bait.
  • Options
    lprincipalityllprincipalityl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't see how a paladin's divine judgement is OP. it's fairly easy to dodge(for me) since I got to play the paladin and see how the animation works. there are also other ways to counter its damage, like sticking together. you should note that the damage is equally divided among the enemies in its AoE. but this only occurs in rare cases because you rarely clump together in pvp.

paladins on oath of protection are tanky, but not immortal. they still require their divine call and other powers for their shield/sustain. paladins with oath of devotion has good heals, but not enough to survive heavy bursts. and we can't even spam radiant strike to chase kiters because it lacks the range or we just rubberband. The only real problem we can do is our CC, but we are still outclassed by other classes. since most of our skills consists of taunts.(oath of protection)

also, it's either we tank or we attack. we can't generate AP while tanking behind our shields, while if we go on offense, we leave ourselves vulnerable to CC.
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Did you even read what I wrote?
    I read it. Some of the most uninformed tripe I've read for a while, which is quite an achievement.

People should really avoid commenting on a class until they've played one. It would help to avoid the appearance of imbecility.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Taking dmg doesn't generate AP or is it just me?
  • Options
    lprincipalityllprincipalityl Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jharlis wrote: »
    Taking dmg doesn't generate AP or is it just me?

no. as I said before, it's either we tank or we attack. we can't generate AP while blocking or taking damage. so we have to use encounters that deal damage, use divine call or at-will attacks.

EDIT: Another issue I'm encountering is with binding oath, the mobs don't seem to actually be "forced" to attack me unless I cast divine call or some taunt skill
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    BUG:

Justice Capstone lowers cooldown on artifacts, Pocket Pet and Tymora's Coin.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    jharlisjharlis Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    Protector Paladin:
    Vow of enmity : wears off bosses before the 60sec cd. Sometimes on Valindra it's after every teleport, on lostmauth i can't say why.
    light's shield feat : doesn't grant the extra dr%
    Stand fast paragon power : grants the 5% deflect but not the 5%DR while standing still
    Feat Aura of protection : doesn't grant any extra DR%
  • Options
    nevistusnevistus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd like to point out that the justice capstone feat isn't entirely broken on protection paladins, just mostly. While I have seen no cooldown reduction or damage increase, I have had instant divine call refills on encounter use with popup text "vengeful judge," so the feat is only mostly broken and useless
  • Options
    zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Echoes of Light don't always work: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKYb-_kXzlg
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sacred Weapon does not work for any actual single target at wills. Only shield strike.

the only thing that benefits from Sacred Weapon is Smite.

-also-

one of the justice feats, Stem the Tide seems to randomly put the character in a permenant combat stance when they are by themselves with no one around. (summoning a companion fixes this )
  • Options
    twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sacred Weapon does not work for any actual single target at wills. Only shield strike.

the only thing that benefits from Sacred Weapon is Smite.

-also-

one of the justice feats, either Radiant Champion or Stem the Tide seems to randomly put the character in a permenant combat stance when they are by themselves with no one around. (summoning a companion fixes this )
    That would be Stem The Tide. It triggers when there are zero allies within the radius, and companions count as allies.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • Options
    destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    That would be Stem The Tide. It triggers when there are zero allies within the radius, and companions count as allies.

You are correct.