test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GameClient.exe is not responding

devilishpersondevilishperson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
I make it until the Neverwinter loading screen then It crashes with the response GameClient.exe is not responding. Searched through the forums and can't find anything I haven't already tried before.
Post edited by devilishperson on

Comments

• Options
    tapikazetapikaze Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have same problems.. did u find something?? :/
  • Options
    warprophettwarprophett Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I also am having the same problem, i unfortunately had to interrupt my download and restart it entirely from scratch the next day as i could not find any way of resuming download. when it finished downloading, i installed it, patched it and allowed it through the firewall kasperkey AV. it launches the game but freezes at the first 5% of loading. any suggestions?
  • Options
    civicduty1974civicduty1974 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have similar problem i figured im a huge gamer so id give this a shot and i loaded tried to make a char and it crashed after i made the char like 5 times then when i finally got into the game it randomly crashes every like 5 min or so a bit crazy so any way was gonna try it but bla hope they fix it ill try again mabey someday
  • Options
    cptcollcptcoll Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same problem.
    I get past the Cryptic loading screen, get to the Neverwinter loading screen and there it freezes a short while after I get the message that the GameClient.exe is not responding.

I take it nobody knows how to fix this ?
  • Options
    veraacotchaveraacotcha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LOL!, Kinda hard to fix somthing in your PC that isnt wrong....
    My guess is PWE needs to fix it cause i had a 27 cleric but the constant crashes made the game hard to keep playing and have fun. I could play for a few hours fine then all of a sudden crash city.
    Good luck on that! I'm walkin away.
  • Options
    scandal95scandal95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    same problem .... I have windows 8. May this be a problem?
  • Options
    ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a version of this problem, it seems. I can get in-game and play a while, then at some point, it just mysteriously 'stops.' I'll be playing and the screen goes black. The audio usually seems to continue in whatever loop it was currently playing. If you just sit and wait, that's it. If you click the mouse, press a key or whatever, the screen then changes to all white, and the infamous Windows warning box pops up with 'Gameclient.exe is not responding.'

I honestly can't really cite anything specific that seems to cause this. Sometimes it happens when I'm in the middle of combat, sometimes I'm just walking around. I've had it happen when I was standing in place, browsing missions in the Foundry window. (And I'd been doing so for some minutes, before it just decided to crash.) I can't find any rhyme or reason to it.

Only thing I can think of is that it does seem to happen a great deal more frequently when I'm adventuring in the Tower District.

I'm running Windows 7(64) here, 6GB RAM, GeForce GTX 570 video card with the 314.22 drivers.
    Live long, and prosper.
  • Options
    losse1losse1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Anyone found a fix yet? This is different than the loading screen hang right before entering.
    "The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose." -Charles Dickens
  • Options
    artsfantasyartsfantasy Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    i get exacy the same issue as cptcoll does :(
  • Options
    zalithlina0423zalithlina0423 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Has anyone found a fix to this? I was playing just fine before they did the maintenance for Shadowmantal and now I am getting to where it says Neverwinter then crashes! Please help, I have sent in a ticket but nothing yet. I must get back to my toons!
  • Options
    syrusgreycloaksyrusgreycloak Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    I got the 'not responding' screen from Windows last night on my first login after the patch. I looked in task manager and gameclient.exe was busy, eating up 25% cpu. I clicked wait for program to respond twice and it finally finished loading.
    Alexandrius Moonstar, Level 60 Wood Elf Control Wizard
    Rar'rizton Kenana, Level 60 Drow Elf Trickster Rogue
    Syrus Greycloak, Level 30 Moon Elf Control Wizard
    Lucan Huntinghawk, Level 17 Moon Elf Hunter Ranger

Sacred Silver Blades (www.sacredkeep.com)
  • Options
    djaruddjarud Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 62
    edited August 2014
    Has anyone found a fix to this? I was playing just fine before they did the maintenance for Shadowmantal and now I am getting to where it says Neverwinter then crashes! Please help, I have sent in a ticket but nothing yet. I must get back to my toons!

BUG

I am getting the same issue now sine today's patch post ToD launch. Either the game client crashes during loading, at or after splash screen, or I get to "Connecting to account server. Please wait" and it times out. This has happened around thirty times in a row, with reboots, and restarts. The game worked fine yesterday.
    Some things are meant to remain lost.
  • Options
    masterlinkhdmasterlinkhd Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have the exact same problem, anyone got a answer or help of some kind? Im running windows 8 and its not in the system requirements so is that why??? :P It started right after ToD launch.....
  • Options
    bellz#1236 bellz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am having a similar problem... I make it to the Cryptic loading screen but the loading bar never shows up, and after a short while it will say "GameClient.exe is not Responding".

Does anyone have a solution? Anyone please.
  • Options
    caseyjones66caseyjones66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I can open the ARC home page. When I press play and it goes to the Cryptic download, the GameClient.exe has stopped working screen comes up. Any ideas?
    Where do I find any fixes in this Thread?
  • Options
    kemiivanovakemiivanova Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can open the ARC home page. When I press play and it goes to the Cryptic download, the GameClient.exe has stopped working screen comes up.Please help.
  • Options
    rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I can open the ARC home page. When I press play and it goes to the Cryptic download, the GameClient.exe has stopped working screen comes up.Please help.

I'm in the same boat. Game patched and then I couldn't play anymore. I even did an uninstall and it still says that GameClient.exe has stopped working.
  • Options
    aidanduncan88aidanduncan88 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rubytrue wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Game patched and then I couldn't play anymore. I even did an uninstall and it still says that GameClient.exe has stopped working.

I've tried everything as well. It looks like, from the age of this thread, that this is a recurring problem with the game client.
  • Options
    emptylogicjremptylogicjr Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It would appear this game is buggy as hell right after a new patch...
  • Options
    krenkren Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem go out of town for spring break and come back and the patch broke the game. I've done a full repair along with reinstalling Direct X to deal with the other issue. Nothing seems to work, I'm suprised as it seams The devs are completely unaware or could care less about fixing the issue. Running a new rig thats not even 3 months old on all pretty much new Tech GTX 970 Strix 16 gigs of ram etc etc.. Your customers shouldn't have to beg to play your games.
    It would appear this game is buggy as hell right after a new patch...
  • Options
    neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kren wrote: »
    Same problem go out of town for spring break and come back and the patch broke the game. I've done a full repair along with reinstalling Direct X to deal with the other issue. Nothing seems to work, I'm suprised as it seams The devs are completely unaware or could care less about fixing the issue. Running a new rig thats not even 3 months old on all pretty much new Tech GTX 970 Strix 16 gigs of ram etc etc.. Your customers shouldn't have to beg to play your games.

I'm on 3 month old laptop which ran NW fine, its A10 Quad-Core processor, AMD R6 Graphics, 1TB hard drive and 8GB of RAM so yeah; this patch not been able to get in despites fixes suggested in other thread.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • Options
    nickmdognickmdog Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem... still no fix? If so please help
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm trying a full reinstall of the client moments away I'll tell you if that fixes this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Well before opting to reinstall I tried the repair option. Neither work what ever they did with the patch on the 9th the game is busted. I tried a full reinstall and it still hangs up when trying to login. Guess my journey in NE is over till the devs take a active approach towards acknowledging that they are trying to fix there product.
  • Options
    trinket95trinket95 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I worked fine this morning, but yesterday and today in the afternoon, it took forever to get on. I am on West Coast USA. I have changed my settings to safe mode. As of now, I can not even get the launcher to load the gameclient.
  • Options
    yquedoarruinadoyquedoarruinado Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kren wrote: »
    I'm trying a full reinstall of the client moments away I'll tell you if that fixes this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>..

me to, i am trying full reinstall and nothing
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    This thread has been brought back from the dead so many times, I'm not even sure if it resembled an undead anymore. Never the less, some local clerics have banded together and finally put this pour thing back to rest.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.