test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Inappropriate character names

telprydaintelprydain Member Posts: 545 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
I play with my girlfriend and it's pretty uncomfortable finding players whose names have '****' or other sexual words in them. There needs to be a way to report these.
Casual Gamers
Join us brothers and sisters and distant relations and confused onlookers.
Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.
"In war, unqualified. In peace, disorganised. In death, mild irritation."

JOIN US.
Post edited by telprydain on

Comments

• Options
    jjb828jjb828 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My fiance and I find it laughable when we see this.

But, than again, the game is on a console that many children (12-15) play on.

But, than again, that's the age kids get into the dirty nowadays..
    Check out the Neverwinter/ESO guild Rogue's Gallery! While you're at our forums, submit an application and join our glorious regime!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    The censoring distorted my complain somewhat, - I'd agree that in some cases it's funny, but in most cases it's just dumb.
    What I'm actually annoyed about (and what was censored above) were names referencing non-consensual sex.
    That's not okay.
    Casual Gamers
    Join us in the shadows where we stand mostly vigilant... although slightly distracted by our inventories.

JOIN US.
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is rather absurd that the filter on the forum is stronger and more effective then the one in game regulating names.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I'm actually really surprised that fixing this wasn't a condition from Microsoft.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • Options
    finaldeath1689finaldeath1689 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jjb828 wrote: »
    My fiance and I find it laughable when we see this.

But, than again, the game is on a console that many children (12-15) play on.

But, than again, that's the age kids get into the dirty nowadays..

More than dirty, that's the age they start getting knocked up now.

More on topic, if it isn't racist nowadays no one cares. Just laugh at them and move on.
  • Options
    kattfiskenkattfisken Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As it may be fun at times i don't think it should be allowed to use it in names
  • Options
    theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried to name my dog "A**hole" but that wasn't allowed, so there is a filter.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • Options
    floydxbafloydxba Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Can't say a**hole, but I saw a character named c***nugget yesterday. Terrible.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    floydxba wrote: »
    Can't say a**hole, but I saw a character named c***nugget yesterday. Terrible.

Pretty funny considering only you get to see the dog.
    Casual Gamers

JOIN US.
  • Options
    tarshevatarsheva Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    telprydain wrote: »
    The censoring distorted my complain somewhat, - I'd agree that in some cases it's funny, but in most cases it's just dumb.
    What I'm actually annoyed about (and what was censored above) were names referencing non-consensual sex.
    That's not okay.

You can try reporting these directly to XBOX. You need to write down/remember their gamertag (shows up in-game as "Character Name@Gamertag", then search their tag and file a report/complaint. This is a rather annoying process but the ability to "View XBOX Profile" is currently greyed out/disabled so you can't do so in game.
  • Options
    mafesiomafesio Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    They need to add an option to hide other players names unless you add them or something. People have not nothing better to complain about then player names? Land of the free my ***, as you can see by this forum, the government already has people trend like dogs to report each other, now it's even carrying over to video games? You guy's move to china if your so sensitive and want to police each other. I'm 22 and I miss the 60's. Just make all the male and female characters have the same name then. Good job ********, I hope one day you go outside and someones reports you for offending their eyes with your crappy outfit.
  • Options
    baszun67baszun67 Member Posts: 89
    edited April 2015
    mafesio wrote: »
    They need to add an option to hide other players names unless you add them or something. People have not nothing better to complain about then player names? Land of the free my ***, as you can see by this forum, the government already has people trend like dogs to report each other, now it's even carrying over to video games? You guy's move to china if your so sensitive and want to police each other. I'm 22 and I miss the 60's. Just make all the male and female characters have the same name then. Good job ********, I hope one day you go outside and someones reports you for offending their eyes with your crappy outfit.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. This^
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Well met,

We don't offer Support through the forums. So it is always best to contact Support for such things. Keep in mind, this link is for the North American Region. One in another region should be using a localized site, chosen by the Language drop down the top right. When on that link, be sure to choose your appropriate region before filing out the form: Submit a Ticket.

If you have to change your region, here are the steps to get back to the web form: Click
    Games, Neverwinter (XBOX), then on the bottom Support Center, then lastly click to Submit a Ticket.

To report another player, you will need to know their @handle, as character names aren't unique. Just the @handles are unique. Be sure you choose Neverwinter (XBOX) as your Product. Then for Player Behavior Issues, in the Category of In-Game Issues > Report Another Player.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    [ RoC | ToS | Support ]
This discussion has been closed.