test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In-game Lag post-Module 6!

Comments

• blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i agree completely its like the devs dont even go and play this game first.
  • mrrb2000mrrb2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    it's all the new maps, except the map with GG as base Fiery pit... or something
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015

They can't possibly be playing this game. I defy the devs (and especially the designers) to go through the 60-70 treadmill with gear that the average player is wearing. I double-dog dare them.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    They can't possibly be playing this game. I defy the devs (and especially the designers) to go through the 60-70 treadmill with gear that the average player is wearing. I double-dog dare them.

triple dog dare. and make it a livestream.
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Usually the kind of lag I get is rubberbanding/ server not responding, but it's different now. Like choppy, frame rate lag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maybe servers are overloaded
    Paladin Master Race
  • yayowhiteyayowhite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ya this is crazy ibeen like this for almost a week now and im done with this bs check out arche age thats where ill be playing till something gets done around here
  • balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Fix the lag !
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited April 2015

i think its the most ******ed thing ive red during last few weeks.

the problem is(most likely) caused by too many ppl in same map. it has nothing to do with playtesting, and with free games its hard to know how many ppl will be there

complain about lag or whatever but dont talk about stuff you have no clue about
    Paladin Master Race
  • yayowhiteyayowhite Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    why do i keep gettig disconnected with this error dxgi_error_device_removed i checked it out on goole reinstalled all my video card drivers and still only get this error wit neverwinter why????
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess that by lag most people mean latency(Rubberbanding) maybe? That's what i'm having,i'm bouncing all over the place and if i'm killed i will know it a few seconds later.It's a horrible experience,that makes this Module the Worst one ever,in gaming history. Not to mention that i'm still getting the "Server not responding" notice from time to time.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lots of people are complaining and rightfully slow but most of the issue is people are skipping content and going straight there to farm giants, it's over populated.

No wonder.

The leveling, quest/grinding design is kind of an uber fail.

People skip to the places where mobs give more exp to avoid the dull 16x boring quest design.
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    same here ,I stop playing today because of the lag
    you dont know when they hit you,suddenly youre half health
  • xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lag and server not responding is becoming bananas now :(
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The "new" open area instances are in need of "doubling" their server resources allocation and/or cutting their population cap. The moment any of these instances reach ~20+ PCs the gameplay becomes a hairpulling almost unplayable hell of suffering experience.

I cant even say if i like them or hate them, simply because of whatever i do there is several times harder and more painful than any private or any other open area instance run/quest and am trying to spend as little as possible time there for this very reason. Just a little, temporary even, adjustement so we could at least try to deal with HEs, dailies especially, and ease the pain for anyone trying to go thru these instances.

**** am so polite am about to vom...
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • xxgrimnevilxxxxgrimnevilxx Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    xiuhdragon wrote: »
    lag and server not responding is becoming bananas now :(

Indeed,I just started playing this game and I am not at all impressed. Cant play 20 mins without be disconnected from the server. Considering how expensive Zen is, you would think that the servers would run as smooth as a babys bottom.

I am just going to uninstall. Its a shame cause I have been a Forgotten Realms fan for years .But just a quick look through the forums shows me that a butt load of people are having these issues and it seems that they have been going on for quite some time.
  • lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    jaotut wrote: »
    It's really annoying when I'm smashing the keys on my keyboard and my skills don't cast.
    If I manage to pull a fox shift off, I have no idea where I am coz I'd teleport there after the lag and facing something else.

huhuhuhuh ^.^

I feel ya bro.

TAB (ice shard, to aggro mobs ) E (conduit of ice) W (icy terrain) then R (steal time)
    ....I get only TAB out of this combo...and end up dead amongst a really angry mob 90% of the time...

Funny thing is I would be able to mow through the new stuff solo somewhat easilly if this cancellation wasn't happening all of the time.
    Can't really play the new content and have fun =/
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am not sure it is server side. One thing I noticed in drowed shore was going into and out of the tombs seemed to make the game play steadily worse, and it would persistently get worse even in protectors enclave. Like I log in I am in Protectors Enclave. I am fine. Game is smooth. No problem. I go to drowned shore. I start fine. I start doing tombs game gets laggier and laggier with each one. Go to Protectors Enclave still laggy.

So... I am very suspicious they have a client side bug that is doing it and not a server side load issue. If it was server side load issue the lag wouldn't get worse as you play in a zone. I am fairly sure this is getting worse as I play.
  • maegmaagmaegmaag Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I admit tmay be so (still its more likely to be server side, handling the zone requests), for "very rarely" am in an instance with ~25+ ppl and its better than another, yet, when u enter a private instance (tomb) u most likely exit to a different one from which u entered.

I have NO issues in private or any other public instances (well none to complain about publicly; no PE issues here) and the post 60 questing zones are very heavily populated. This should have be expected prior to such upgrade/m5(6) launch.
    dAuGVxU.png
    A bit nosy NW-DKG7E99X6
    "Hardcore" exploration journey and dungeon crawl. Read its description prior to trying it.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The launcher refuses to log in now.
  • neuroticnekoneuroticneko Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still can't get past loading screen and despite me loading several times; just wait is no go.
    Jadis 25K Level 80 Warlock; Cassandra.. Wizard; work in progress.
  • n1ghtcreepern1ghtcreeper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ever since Mod 6 arrived lag, server disconnects, and failure to even launch the game has become unbearable. Granted, this lag issue/server instability has been on a steady incline going on for months now, even before the Xbox version was released. Then it was released and connection issues became worse...and now with the release of Mod 6 the game's player population increased, further bogging down servers... and now here we are at the apex of connection issues. Many have made threads about this, posted, and proclaimed their problems for quite awhile now. Yet they are all moved into a master "lag" thread, and we are referred to the "lag/disconnection issues" sticky and that is it. Today, I cant even get the launcher to connect fully...can't even get gateway to load..on the PC, phone, or any device. Internet works great for anything else and I have ran the recommended tests..I have minimal latency, and all the data I get is well within the said recommended ranges. I'm quite certain this post will get thrown in the pile with all the other lag complaints, but please Cryptic, for the love of God, remedy this situation so that we can at least play and enjoy this new content

edit: And to clarify..this problem is not consistent...sometimes I can log in..minimal lag/no lag for an hour, and then all hell breaks loose. Sometimes I can connect no prob, other times it's pointless and have to wait for the lag to "pass. It seems to come and go on irregular intervals.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lots of people are complaining and rightfully slow but most of the issue is people are skipping content and going straight there to farm giants, it's over populated.

I am really missing something....

The quest seem to be circular and I don't see any campaign tree at all.... what am I missing and where do I look?

Thanks
  • markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same here. I can't get pass the loading screen with Neverwinter logo. Tried to go to safe mod and stuff, but nothing helped. Googled about it and it seems this is an old issue coming back now. Or servers cant allow more players, so i get to hang out
  • muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Turn off the server structure of everything so let's fix what is this creature for God's sake do not kill what's to play with 250 ping
  • yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm rubberbanding too,so instead of playing,i'm here posting.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I guess just too many folks....

I'm out for the day

I can't even move
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Lots of people are complaining and rightfully slow.....
    I see what you did there...
  • gramps5scorpiongramps5scorpion Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    FYI, I have found that NOT using the ARC client and loading the game via it's launcher produces considerably less lag for me. Might be worth a try. My firewall shows lots of ports being blocked when I run the arc client and none when I do not.

I have yet to get Firefox v37 working with the gateway. I gives the same error on 3 different computers I have tried. Two at home and one at work. I refuse to install Chrome or use IE so I have lost the gateway side of gameplay on top of the issues MOD6 has created.
    Take the extra time to do the job right and it will never come back to bite you in the A**
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I think the problem is with DirectX 11.

The game only lauch DirectX 9, here.

Edit:

No, same extreme lag on DirectX 9 and total Arc crash (needed reset PC).

Dont have ideia. U.U
    Will test no Arc.

Edit 2:

No Arc, same thing.
    ....dont have ideia.....I will watch anime..... U.U
  • n1ghtcreepern1ghtcreeper Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure what the specific problem is. Things starting happening around January of this year, and have snowballed to where things are now. I'm sure it has to do with servers/programming, but I'm not schooled in computer science. I've never had a prob with the browser I am using (for accessing gateway) until Mod 6, and whether or not it has to do with the version of DirectX I dont think is the case (with me at least), because one hour I can log and play ~relatively~ with little lag, and the next its total garbage and cant even connect at times. Then after playing a few with the slight lag in encounter powers, pots, etc, the rubberbanding happens occasionally...and then the server not responding issues begin to happen, and from there it's all over. Or you can log in and right away the aforementioned happens immediately. I'm pretty sure it's time for Cryptic to invest in another hamster.