test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which race are you going with for your Paladin?

bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
So, if you are going to create an OP, which race are you going to choose and why?
<::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A Dwarf :D
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Dragonborn. Was going to pick Human, but seeing how the value of Con, and therefor the Heroic Feat adding more HP with Con, has deminished, I'll grab a Dragonborn and push Wisdom and Charisma as high as I can get them, for added crit and healing bonus. It'll be a Devotion (healer) spec, so the Damage Resistance from Constitution is of lesser importance to me.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Absolutely unsure...

Probably Human - but I won't be above deleting and rerolling fairly soon. Or race-rerolling later on.

Also, the first day post patch will anyway get eaten by shuffling stuff around, so I'll start my Pal on Wednesday, soonest. And read some insightful stuff here on the Forum, hopefully :^)
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am torn - half-elf, human, tiefling, and dragonborn would all work rather well. I suppose I'll have to think about it more...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Like all my characters, its going to be Human. I just like the stat bonus and perks. There also a concept behind it all, but its irrelevant to 'why', since its just a personal preference. :o
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Because humans ARE SUPERIOR!

Yes, I made an obscure Farscape reference. I couldn't stop myself
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I only like Drow and Tieflings. And I love Tieflings as holy classes.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I pick my race always on immersion factor, never on maximising the stats. For my cleric it was a sun elf, rogue the dark elf, guardian the dwarf. Since the paladin is derived from an idealistic medieval knight, the best stereotypical fit would be male human. If you want to be contrarian, then picking a dark elf/tiefling/orc paladin will make it pretty unique. I once spotted a dwarf wizard and an orc cleric, there is something I do admire about such unorthodox characters.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My first one will be a devotion specced Sun Elf. The paladin assigned to my Sunite DC (my main).
  • drakeos99drakeos99 Member Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Human for me due to racial bonus :) and extra 3 feats <3
    Drakeos Lightblade - Human - Oathbound Paladin (Protection) (MAIN)
    Drakeos Shadowbow - 60 Combat Pathfinder Hunter Ranger (Alt/retired)
    Falados - Drow (Mez) Level 60 Trickster Rogue - Offically retired
    Drakeos - Drow (Mez) Scourge Warlock/Druid (retired)
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    A white or blue dragonborn female I think would make a rather hot pally. Then again all of my characters are dragonborn females.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • karlbarbkarlbarb Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'd have picked Drow, but my GF is already one ;)

Let's go with Dwarf this time.
  • almondumalmondum Member Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I wonder how much "Arthas Menthil"'s I will see in the next few days loooool.
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm making one Human and one Dragonborn. One for each path, haven't decided which will be which on that front though.
  • sadus671sadus671 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Believe there was already a review on the Preview http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?840401-Voltomey-s-Paladin-Review

It doesn't cover the Justice Paragon Feat Line, but I get the impression that is the PVP line anyways.
    -= Primary Characters =-

- Forge (GF)
    - Apocalypse - (DC)
    - Sadus (OP)
    - Fireball (GWF)
    - Ixian (CW)

Thank you Loadouts for allowing my toons to be all the things... they ever wanted to be....
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I ended up going with a half-elf. Their stats fit, and I only have 1 other half-elf. He's working out well so far... :D
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mine is a dragonborn. His name is Elliot.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Human, because only humans give me the skin color, body scaling, and hair options necessary to recreate Jules Winnfield: he's my protection paladin. My devotion OP comes next; he'll be Ilmatari the dwarf, based on a 4.0 character I played for two years.
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Doubt if I'll do a Paladin. Need to see more info on them first.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I choose drow, for the debuff it does and other reasons i'd go on and check but seems like the servers won't allow me to do so.