test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact weapons what?

overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
edited April 2015 in PvE Discussion
Ok so you need to do the WoD campaign to get the dragon artifact main and off hand, right? Those artifacts are for level 60. But you to get these level 60 main and off hand artifacts you have to grind level 70 content?

Or am I missing something.
Post edited by overdriver13 on

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    You can get the level 70 versions from the same requirements, or finishing the air campaign gives you the elemental fire weapon. The OH can be gotten from knox>neverember, possibly with the same requirements. They pretty much just replaced them.

Ok, so the best realistic main/off weapons for level 60's who do not already have the arti weapons are probably the castle never ones?

What if a boss group of 60's spams Tiamat? Can you still even get them for the 60-70 bracket?
  • phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Where did you say you can get the level 70 OH?... I didn't understand.
  • caladon2caladon2 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    You get the Elemental Off-hand from Knox>Neverember when you reach level 70 or Linus
    You get the Elemental Main Hand for finishing the Spinward Rise Map or you can make with the ToD campaign task
  • darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you are a fresh 60 and did not have artifact weapon/offhand before Mod 6 started, just use the MH and OH you get as rewards in the Drowned Shore. The stats are not bad, and should be better than any old pre-Mod 6 epic.

Wait to get your artifact MH/OH from the campaign, rather than spending Linu's favors (which you won't have) or the ToD campaign (which costs 50k AD plus mats from LoL and SoT).
  • talan010talan010 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    If you really want the lvl 60 OH you can buy it from a vendor in Neverwinter. Cost is 5gp, 20K AD, 50 dragon coins and 15 Dragon fangs. You know once anything becomes popular Craftmen from Shou Lung will create cheap knockoffs.
    edited April 2015
    If you are a fresh 60 and did not have artifact weapon/offhand before Mod 6 started, just use the MH and OH you get as rewards in the Drowned Shore. The stats are not bad, and should be better than any old pre-Mod 6 epic.

Wait to get your artifact MH/OH from the campaign, rather than spending Linu's favors (which you won't have) or the ToD campaign (which costs 50k AD plus mats from LoL and SoT).

Well for GF anyways, the drowned shore OH stats are marginally better than the CN offhand, it has a higher item level, but it lacks the
    set bonus, which puts you back 450 (iirc) a key stat.
    edited April 2015
    One last thing- mod6 is simply friken awesome for a player like me. Two toons that were bis/near bis at the end of mod 2 when I took a loooong break. Even then I simply did not have the desire to grind my way to opening VT or MC. Would log, buy what I need via the ah/zen store and pvp. Period. I hated the glitch/grind speed runs and anytime I did a dungeon it was only through /legit.

Aside from the grind, they fixed what I hated most about endgame pve. Challenging end game content that you can't just glitch/fly through. Plus in terms of game mechanics, the stage is set for more really solid end game in coming mods.

One thing they need to do better is communicate to the players. So threads like this aren't necessary. I still don't know what happened to the vault of the nine quest other than assuming it is a level 70 quest now despite still being able to claim the class artifact on level 60's characters, provided the quest was done by another level 60 before mod 6. See? Right? A confusing mess.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I still don't know what happened to the vault of the nine quest other than assuming it is a level 70 quest now despite still being able to claim the class artifact on level 60's characters, provided the quest was done by another level 60 before mod 6. See? Right? A confusing mess.

Vault of the Nine is level 70 now. I had it left undone on a duplicate class and all that happened is it got bumped up.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited April 2015
    ihaveahies wrote: »
    There's no level requirement to actually claim class artifacts.
    lol derp /10chars
  • lokahn11lokahn11 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    However you only have a single artifact slot until level 60.