Install Arc
Options

DLCs over priced

2»

Comments

• Options
    tzarofkaostzarofkaos Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2015
    Don't forget you can trade astral diamonds to get Zen....Just need to play.
    Even if each DLC's seems to be expensive...It's very similar to any buy to play AAA titles : $60 for the game + between $25 - $ 50 for DLCs/season pass (sometimes even more).
  • Options
    chadblodgettchadblodgett Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    While I agree that prices for some things in the store are a bit steep, I am one of these guys that is willing to drop 20-30 bucks a month on this game. I have played the PC version since it was released and most of these item/race/class packs that are available in the store currently where all released on the PC over a long period of time. and each is priced at around 25 bucks worth of ZEN and coincided with the release of expansion content. so for most people who played the game like I have, dropping that 25 bucks for a class booster pack wasn't really a big deal. I was like paying the devs for the expansion content. When they released this game on the One it included the hunter ranger and the scourge warlock (both of which were expansion content classes) which were not available in the base game when it was released.

You dont have to buy all those things all at once, and NONE of them are required to play the game. The things available in the ZEN store I view as quality of life enhancements. Things like a fast mount and a couple extra bags to lug your loot around in are always nice to have but never required. Play the game for a while, decide if its worth that 20-30 bucks every month (or two) and pay it or dont. its all up to you.
  • Options
    xomnifariousxxomnifariousx Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Someone's probably said this already, but just like in Warframe, you can buy those zen items by trading gear, or Astral diamonds in the various player markets. I just started out, and traded my first 20,000 astral diamonds for 200 zen. One step closer to getting a DLC for completely free. You can easily make 10,000 astral diamonds a day.