test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TR dodging bug explanation

beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
While I should not personally be affected by this at all, I'm going to write it up in hopes that it provides a clear picture so it can be fixed quickly, and to help players having problems.

TR main and off hands are practically interchangeable unless you have an item with a weapon enchant slot, which can very specifically only be equipped in your main hand. Even the auction house shows no off-hand items for TRs, lumping them all into the main hand category.

If you have an item in your main hand that the game reads as an off hand, you cannot dodge. All classes cannot dodge (or block) if they have no weapon equipped, but the TR is the only class that can *look like* it has a weapon equipped when the game actually thinks it doesn't.

I don't know if there's a homebrew solution to the problem beyond making sure that the item in your main hand is one that the game will read as such. Main-hand daggers point right and off-hand daggers point left, if getting an item with a weapon enchant slot is not an option for you.

This thread can also help identify weapons that should work for levelling players.
http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?831941-Master-List-of-Item-Types-by-Quest
Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2015
    One way to resolve these issues is to use the free respec granted to all players. Open your powers page, click respec button and use the Free Respec provided. If you do not have a free respec or have already used yours, please reach out to our support team at support.arcgames.com
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Uh... that's just plain wrong. Sorry, but it is. I actually do understand of what I speak in this matter.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    slintashslintash Member Posts: 172 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    Uh... that's just plain wrong. Sorry, but it is. I actually do understand of what I speak in this matter.

For some reason he has posted the same reply in multiple treads, no idea why.
  • Options
    imaLebowskiimaLebowski Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    We have found the cause of this bug and it will be fixed in a coming update.
  • Options
    oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks for the tip, beckylunatic. I don't understand the respec idea. Why should I want to respec my character?