test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 is destroying Neverwinter.

lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Am I the only player not gripped in denial about the royal <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> we're getting here ?!
Why has life steal been nerfed with a proc while the NPC's have been buffed ?
Why has Leadership been nerfed to the point that all the time and resources that we've invested have made it almost a waste of time ?
Why has the XP rewards for doing dailies been reduced so drastically ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by lhotse5 on

Comments

• thexarkunthexarkun Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    K. Calm down. Reach level 70. Get at least blue 70 gear. Then go with yourself and/or a friend, do the end game content, get the purple 70 gear, refine.

If you aren't max level, and you're trying to do campaigns and 70 dailies, please, just stop.
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    thexarkun wrote: »
    K. Calm down. Reach level 70. Get at least blue 70 gear. Then go with yourself and/or a friend, do the end game content, get the purple 70 gear, refine.

If you aren't max level, and you're trying to do campaigns and 70 dailies, please, just stop.

thats assuming i dont die from torturous bordem that comes with the "new and improved" b.s.campaign
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015

First off I prefer to solo play . Also why change the mobs in the areas we have been in for so long, why not just make those new quests and areas the new level mobs? And not every1 wants to rush to 70 just so they can go do the same quests they have been doing 4 months and months. I worked hard to get done with what i call the most boring set of quests I have ever had to do in a game . Mind bogglingly boring quests and now to find out I'm suppose to go back there and start over .Yup right into it . Easyer to just not put anymore money into this game till they get a team that knows how to design new stuff and not keep reusing old stuff.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015

It's not the uninspired leveling that's really the problem, although the repetition is becoming mind-numbingly boring. It's the Leadership nerf which really has me upset. I spent a lot of time, money and AD getting complete sets of Man-at-Arms and Mercs so that I could finally reap some rewards from my Professions and now they added so much time onto Destroy Enemy Camp and Protect the Diamond Shipment (which mysteriously doesn't seem to be popping in the 'Rare Task' menu as much as it did a couple days ago) that it's made Leadership almost a waste of time at this point.
    And what about all the refinement points all of us have poured into our cloak and belt artifacts ? Worthless ! and all the hard work doing dungeons for better gear that we have ? Worthless.
    Just how much more can we be expected to tolerate 'getting the rug jerked out from under our feet' after putting so much work into something just to have it all negated, before we say enough ?!
    Half my guild is quitting the game and the other half aren't sure if they're sticking around much longer, as we don't see much point in continuing to play when everything we work for is nerfed at some point by the game to the point of being useless.
    One of the definitions of insanity is repeating the same behavior over and over and expecting a different result and when it come to the development of this game, the pattern has become obvious at this point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lhotse5 wrote: »
    (which mysteriously doesn't seem to be popping in the 'Rare Task' menu as much as it did a couple days ago)

If you check it often enough, you'll still see plenty of them. Every rare task is going to appear proportionately less frequently because they added a whole schwak of new ones for the new levels and it's still only going to display a random assortment of 5 at a time from the entire list. It'll be the same for every profession.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • soul0person1soul0person1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree. I've been a NW fan for years and started playing this when it first came out. Won't be playing it now I guess. I prefer to play solo or with my kids since they don't normally play at the same times as I do. The invocation and leadership profession is now beyond ridiculous as well. We shouldn't be forced to play at level 70 in areas like Sharandar and Dread Ring. Sure, the quests got boring after doing them for so long, but you just killed it for a lot of people.

Oh well. We'll just find something else that will allow us to solo all we want and team up when we feel like playing together.

Well...The invocation stops players from farming ad with their alts and you're not "Forced" to do anything and plus it's a free game.

Happy Hunting. ^^

Edit; I love the changes from this mod 6, no idea why people are so butthurt over a free game for. x'D
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why is it that I never get past the 4th Blessing before getting kicked back to the 1st Blessing ? How do you get 5 and 6 ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2015
    yeah i too was literally about to puke my guts out because it was so repetitive. and im at the last part.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    yeah i too was literally about to puke my guts out because it was so repetitive. and im at the last part.

So you died? How can you post stuff in the forum if you are dead? Are you a Lich?
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm confused by Mod6. I'm being made to increase ten levels and re-gear so that I can then go back and do the same end-game content that I had already become bored with? Did I miss something?
  • aspen10aspen10 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The time spent to create 10 levels, 3x16 quests, rehashing old maps, 25 level professions, new artis, tons of new items and rank 12's could have been used to create a couple new dungeons and a couple new pvp maps. Then we would most likely be happy.
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never have understood the professions part of the game, so I ignore it.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I never have understood the professions part of the game, so I ignore it.

Professions are useless in my opinion of course. Unless u have farmed a lot and have paid zen to get the assets for the final armors in each class (shirts and pants) from professions, then is worth it; otherwise just jewelcrafting, alchemy and leadership are worth it. (or if u want to have a certain armor kit, then level the profession who gives it at level 20 now improved at 25)
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I agree with many of u.
    Mind numbing is the perfect adjective that describes the current state of neverwinter pve enviroment. Doing 48 repeatable quests from old zones is the worst thing ever created.
    Annoying and frustrating it is to play pvp matches. So many feedback, and cryptic never cared to fix and balance pvp system.
    Now, it is a module of broken, Op and mind numbing things.
  • cl1mh4224rdcl1mh4224rd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    dingoballz wrote: »
    Also why change the mobs in the areas we have been in for so long, why not just make those new quests and areas the new level mobs?

The campaigns are endgame content. Since level 70 is the new endgame, it makes sense that the campaigns were bumped up to that level.
    ...and now to find out I'm suppose to go back there and start over .

But... you don't start over. I don't know where you're getting that idea. Some things changed in Sharandar, so there are now a couple of locked tasks there. Other than that, though, everything you already unlocked in the campaigns stays unlocked.
    lhotse5 wrote: »
    Why is it that I never get past the 4th Blessing before getting kicked back to the 1st Blessing ? How do you get 5 and 6 ?

It's a bug. It's being fixed in the March 9 update.
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People point out it is a free game - yes it is, but if no one is playing and motivated to spend ZEN how long do you think the game will last ??? this mod isn't going to get me to spend money on it, if fact its already cost them the price of two extra character slots
    edited April 2015
    karakla1 wrote: »
    So you died? How can you post stuff in the forum if you are dead? Are you a Lich?

yup im a dead man walking.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0exr5ZTYqU dont hate its good.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As a CW, I really miss the lifesteal in PvE. Its totaly useless atm. I needs some kind of a buff.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    i only wish they nerfed leadership but they did not on lvl 25 u can get your daily cap from 2 taskes ....at least was like this on test shard
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I honestly don't feel like leadership has been nerfed badly. Sure a couple tasks take longer, but since I pretty much only check my professions once a day anyway I find this as no big deal to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The campaigns are endgame content. Since level 70 is the new endgame, it makes sense that the campaigns were bumped up to that level.

No, it doesn't make sense to "bump up" the campaigns.

What would have made more sense is to leave the existing campaigns at level 60, as they were, untouched and still playable the way we've been playing them the past few months, and leaving the zone rewards intact.

Then, instead of forcing players to run around in circles, killing the same 50 respawned monsters that the other 20 people in the instance are trying to kill, create NEW "endgame" content. How many Elementals are there? Four? Five? (I'm not well-versed in 5th Ed). Each Elemental could have been it's own campaign, all leading up to the massive zerg vs. Evil Captain Planet. Each of those campaigns could have its own boons.. water elemental protects vs. fire damage, air protects against earth, whatever.

Or, if they wanted to make the existing campaigns tougher, ADD more content to them, again, keeping the existing material intact. Have different levels in the Sharandar campaign, as an example. Maybe continue working towards Malabog or Valindra or whoever. At least that would keep the storyline doing... add additional level in Tyranny of Dragons and discover that there is a greater evil behind everything.. an evil that was simply using Tiamat as a pawn (which we know there is), but who is that evil? Why can't we go get them?

This is very, very simple DMing... but someone really dropped the ball on it.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015

C thats my problem why not just leave the game as was and make the new content the "end" game ?I had no interest in this new stuff and had already decided i was not going to mess with it till i really had to.But now it's forced on everyone that wants to play.
    But... you don't start over. I don't know where you're getting that idea. Some things changed in Sharandar, so there are now a couple of locked tasks there. Other than that, though, everything you already unlocked in the campaigns stays unlocked.

I'm talking about having to return to shar for any reason i hated it while i was there and have no interest in doing anything there.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron