test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's your opinion on Mod 6?

matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Ok, i will start it, but please feel free to add your concerns and comments, maybe we can persuade the Devs for the next Mod to make it really unique again, with new dungeons, reworked classes, new skirmishes and new maps for the PVPers.

While i like the story of ToEE, like many DnD addicts, i have mixed feelings towards this Mod, but sadly more negative.

1. Invoking is useless for the player, good for company. I mean common, who is online nearly all the day, just to be able to benefit from this kind of invoking. Now multiply this on more toons.

2. Difficulty scaling failed.

3. Didn't go through all classes, but currently the SW Temp tree does under perform, way too much. We all knew, that life steal nerf would cut deep into this class.

4. Recycled content again! While i like the new monsters i get dizzy eyes from running 20+ times over an over the same circle shaped grotto. The places 90% recycled, i got the laugh to see the throne room, where normally Jareth Grim sits and now he shares it with more, what a nice chap he is. LOL If i was to come to my weekend PnP DnD party over and over again with such heavily recycled content, the guys would throw all DnD rule books at my head. LOL

5. Game mechanics. I will try to quote a guy from zone chat today, he said, this mod is simply an up scaled Mob fest, where you only need lots of Radiants in all defensive slots for more HP, cause the Mobs hit so hard.

6. Leadership nerf and no quests from Neverember. Is someone happy now about it, that we got less AD from invoking and less AD from daily quests.

The people, who hailed this nonsense, didn't see the wood from the tree, namely that for many months we will not get any decent amount of AD income, which can only be compensated by heavy funding. Good for the company, but bad for us.

There should have been a sweet spot, where it would have been good for both of us, but it was missed.

Just to tell the officials as a feedback, in guild we were only 5-6 people, the others either didn't log in or they came and went. Some are waiting a week or two for a patch, that must come, some are unhappy...
The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
David Icke

Post edited by matthiasthehun76 on

Comments

• phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The game is no fun anymore with what they did with the difficulty. My character does less damage than a zombie minion, healing potions are worthless, it's ridiculous. I was looking forward to this mod and now I can't play my level 60 characters anymore because everything is just frustrating.
  • wentriswentris Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Seems unlike many I do like the harder content. I like to earn my achievements and I dont mind dying dozens/hunderds of times. The more I die the more I enjoy success afterwards.
    2. Lifesteal and regen change - I dont like them. Regen is almost useless now and life steal is going to either overheal me or not heal me at all.
    3. Invocation change is bad. Enough topics about that.
    4. I really like alchemy change - always liked that and been crafting lvl 20 potions even when they were gone after death. New lvl 25 potions that persist through death are just awesome.
    5. Minsc and Boo!
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    First impressions in three sentences:

- Better than feared.
    - Worse than hoped for.
    - Minsc is ridiculously over the top...

...to be continued.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I posted this in preview feedback time and time again. I can do this, with 2.8k IL, until it lags for 1 second and I am dead.

First of all, it is to difficult. These are NORMAL leveling trash mobs. This should be doable with NORMAL gear. Even with allomost TWICE the IL of casual players I die, if the mobs get near to me.

For some reason i have lags, whenever there are some players or mobs arround. It is worst in HEs. One time I triggered a HE, lag and dead. I was not able to dodge once or use one power.

With stable servers this could be fun for BIS or near BIS players. As it is, it is a insult for everyone, especialy for casual players.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • akaceal92akaceal92 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am still getting to know the ropes however all in all I like.
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I really don't like it. The nerf to regen and life drain makes both my GWF an GF much less viable, when added to the increased difficulty the game is now frustrating, not fun. Scaling the areas I was playing up to 70 (Sharandar, Death ring, and Well of the Dragon), is annoying I would much rather they inserted a new lev 70 area, than kick me out of the areas I was enjoying. It seems like they made healing in combat impossible for the sole purpose of pushing the Paladin class. I would be elated to wake up and find module 6 was just a bad dream
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    a.. new zones are ok your not going to die in them.
    b.. if your trying to do the lvl 70s at low 60s, you will need to have some skill and gear, they are much harder, but fun., unfortunately, its not at all rewarding, as you get the same crappy exp anyways.
    c.. invoking.. meh, ya its a nerf, no 2 ways about it for most players, but whatever.
    d.. Paladin, its fun.. just missing a sword..
    e... lvl experience, I knew this on preview already, its a tad , boring, with repeating quests and recycled content. They cut way to far back on experience per quests, they should at least double or triple it.

you can easily solo lvls near you with item level 1500.. you can easily do lvl 70 content with item level 2-2200 or so. You WILL have a hard time (near impossible) to solo elites in like IWD with it though.

but like I said, its not like you have to do it.
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People complained that pve was too easy, they made it harder. Now people complain it is too hard >.>.
    Learn to adjust to the new play style. Dailies are harder now as it suppose to be done when you are at level 70, this bump to 70 when you are not level 70 is to give you a chance to do those dailies before you hit level 70.

The hourly quests to level up is pretty boring concept.

Overall, I am happy with this mod. They given us a lot of things that were quite nice.
    1.) New main-hand artifact weapon that has access to all at-will types.
    2.) Less AD generation to reduce inflation
    3.) Increase pve difficulty
    4.) Celestial coins no longer disappear if you forget to invoke or go on vacation
    5.) New feats
    6.) Non-augment pets are quite useful now when summoned so augment pets are not always BiS as summoned pets.

Will be interesting to try out the dungeons. Slowly, this game is becoming more group oriented which gives purpose for guilds. People have gotten so used to soloing because the mobs were too easy. Now they can still solo, but it will be harder. It can become easier if they learned to group up. Hopefully they add a true raid soon where we choose who to bring to the fight.
  • herpnderp2herpnderp2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looking forward to lvl 70 epic dungeons................Might as well just sell everything for gold for injury kits.....
  • targlocktarglock Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This mod is excellent so far (only 64 will see if it stays like that in the future)! finaly you need to group again,
    although you can solo most of the quest in the new areas. The HE are nice and harder then normal mobs.
    there's some bugs to fix but other then that it's good!
    Realm leader of Guild Medieval

We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people www.guildmedieval.com
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    (63)my destroyer GWF dont have a problem with mobs and HE's for her lvl,she destroy them all
    I only die once in the crab HE to revive a player and if I keep playing in my lvl I dont think I will have problems
    I do more damage now they unnerf a couple of things(they shouldn't have nerf in first place)
    repetitive yeah,but its new.I can still solo some of the HE's
    LS and REG. I dont feel that I need them that much,as long if I can keep moving and use my powers in the right time I will survive
    in PVE
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Only at Drowned Shore and already bored out of my mind with these never-ending quests with pathetic amounts of exp. Still have 6 other characters to do this all with. Not looking forward to this.
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The repeatable quests, which are annoying, are the most boring thing ever. Awesome for some new enemies and the whole concept, but same old zones? running out of ideas? maybe. spinward rise looks good.
  • daggon87daggon87 Member Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Overall I like it. It will be even better when the most buggy parts will be taken care of in a few weeks.

I don't quite get the remarks I read about the difficulty. The new content is very doable solo, and the old endgame is now lvl 70, so I suppose it will be manageable also when my characters will be level 70 with a bit of lvl 70 stuff on them ...

So overall, in the end I think it will be a nice mod. It would just have been better with a bit more polish and with the old endgame content (Sharandar, Dread Ring, IWD, Well of Dragons) not accessible before level 65 or so : i.e. Sharandar 65, DR 66, IWD 67 and WoD 68.
    Olaf, freelance guardian fighter.
    Enorla, Oh so devoted cleric.
  • dingoballzdingoballz Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Sorry but i spent alot of long boring hours trying to get done with those places and have no interest in going back there. I worked hard and long to get into IWD and WoD and have been doing those quest forever now out of nowhere i cant? I tryed to do the quest with that worthless mincs but he just ticks me off,if in a pug and i was leader he'd b gone .I dont want to play in a group.And that is or was the big attraction to this game I could play at my own pace ,and not have to put up with dealing with a bunch of people i do not know nor do i want to know. My RL friends are the same, but with life we cant all be on everyday at same times so we did our dailys and get together when we can.
    "What is the sense of living the life you're given if all you ever do is stand in one place?" Lord Huron
  • fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The repeat quests to leveling is boring, I feel sleepy after do them 1 hour....bad design and lazy, how can you dear to keep make the game like this while a lot of players already complaint and unsatisfied....we need quality content to guild player to level 70, this is the first priority u should do. :mad:
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    fastrean3 wrote: »
    The repeat quests to leveling is boring, I feel sleepy after do them 1 hour....bad design and lazy, how can you dear to keep make the game like this while a lot of players already complaint and unsatisfied....

Was hoping for a couple quests here and there for 8000 exp, not dozens for half the normal amount.
  • kcobnietskcobniets Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I haven´t played the content yet, BUT!
    I have noticed the new Leadership-Times.
    How did i notice?
    Because i have a F****** JOB!!!!!
    14 Hours? 16 Hours?!?!
    They might as well have set them to 24 Hrs for all i care, because when the Job runs out, i am either at work, or sleeping.
    With 12 Hrs i could set the Jobs twice a day.
    If they think i´m going to throw more of my hard earned money at them just for the off chance to get a hero, which saves 50% time (and makes it 12 Hrs instead of 16. Jea 50% of 16 is indeed 12. I hope that was calculated by the CHILD of one of their Devs),
    THEY ARE SORELY MISTAKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    this mod only caters to the biss players all the rest got the shaft
    issues i have are

invoking -reall 5 hour to compeate this need to be cut in 1/2

lag -all zones are so laggy your lucky if you can survive it

quests -wow no quest lines at all just repeat the same 10 quests over and over and over and over agin

new zones-all zones are reworked old zones nothing new

conter - nothing new here either

life steal - ok i understand the reasoning behind this but it would have been better to make this a steep curve rather than a prock now it might as well be a boon

pve gear sets- ok what were you thinking with the new stat curves we need the gear to run epics to get the gear you made all pve gear locked behind new curancy but pve gear can be bought day 1 with old curancy

this game is now complety unplayable be 50% of the people out there all the casual players
  • lhotse5lhotse5 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    bruceifer wrote: »
    I really don't like it. The nerf to regen and life drain makes both my GWF an GF much less viable, when added to the increased difficulty the game is now frustrating, not fun. Scaling the areas I was playing up to 70 (Sharandar, Death ring, and Well of the Dragon), is annoying I would much rather they inserted a new lev 70 area, than kick me out of the areas I was enjoying. It seems like they made healing in combat impossible for the sole purpose of pushing the Paladin class. I would be elated to wake up and find module 6 was just a bad dream

The Scourge Warlock took the biigest shot in the face withe the Life-Steal proc AND Tyrannical Threat now splashes half as much damage as before. TT & Dreadtheft being the primary offensive tool the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yeah, if i had to summarize the recent Mods, one word comes to my mind: lazy. This is a lazy work from Devs, mixing together everything that was already there and pouring some salt on it. Here you go eat the pasta from yesterday.

Other thing is a money greed to a point, where it is disgusting.

And the biggest threat for me is, i am losing my friends, who are willing to play this "thing". Still they don't get it...
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• lordrhavinlordrhavin Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    kcobniets wrote: »
    I have noticed the new Leadership-Times.
    They might as well have set them to 24 Hrs for all i care, because when the Job runs out, i am either at work, or sleeping.

Where is the problem? When a task completes, it waits for you to collect its result, you dont have to collect it in a given timeframe.
  • feehlourenco1feehlourenco1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    My feedback about Mod 6? Well, I hate what you did with TRs... seriously, lately it looks like you are forcing us to play the way you want, chars have three ways to make builds, let it be.... you destroyed perma-stealth, now you did the same with executioner... any char could be strong if the player invest in it, you shouldn't judge based in what some players complain about. I play with TR, CW and DC, and both were great to me, now my TR is bad, I don't like to play with it anymore, because i liked of executioner... now I have to change my build, to play in a way that I don't fell good but I won't.. I don't have pleasure in play with TR anymore, I play for fun, and if it's not funny for me, I won't play anymore... sorry... the team Neverwinter needs to learn that it's impossible make everyone happy, just let the game happen.
  • siomir8siomir8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well after testing the respec on my Zippo CW, I must say that the changes they made to the monsters are very dissappointing. If you wanted to stop me from playing, you could have asked, not just made everything with more hp and doing x10 damage. This is not Diablo III.

At present, I cannot see myself investing anymore time to learn the areas and monsters, let alone spending any money to Zen up, only to be a one hit kill. It was bad enough before with server lag to see my usual dance of destruction interrupted and winding up near death in a blink, but now if anything interferes with that dance, you're looking for another healing kit in your inventory. At least this wasn't as totally a gear driven system.

Very disappointing.
  • oldcampaigneroldcampaigner Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I tried doing my usual daily skirmish, Master of the Hunt, and could not make any progress. Kept getting killed while he kept getting healed. However, in the new Elementary Evil quests, I had little difficulty with either of 2 60 (now 61) level characters, a guardian fighter and a trickster. The ones with Minsc were very easy, he did more than half the killing. (Or was it Boo?) The one where I'm supposed to go on guard duty, it took a while for me to figure out what I was supposed to do, but after that it was also easy.

I had no problems healing with potions during combat. Felt my characters were at least as strong, maybe stronger that before. Finding stuff I'm supposed to find was harder than fighting thru the numerous baddies of various types. What I find odd is that I keep finding "green" equipment (weapons, armor, etc.) that is better (on average) than the purple stuff I've already got (not to mention the blue stuff).

As for the new praying procedure, it's generous for those of us who play a lot, but makes it hard to keep multiple characters maxed with free stuff. (I used to try to rotate thru my 4 characters every 60 minutes or so.)

Wasn't able to get into the game until about 2:12 pm PDT yesterday. No problems today until tonight at about 9:10 pm PDT, when I couldn't get in because of Arc having some kind of errors. Hope it's fixed by tomorrow night.

I wish they had a glossary to explain some of their terms -- even worse here with some of the abbreviations you guys use. And when I hit J to see what quests I have signed up for, it'd be nice if it'd tell me what areas they are in.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    When RIFT increased their level cap they gave their players two entire new continents filled with new enemies and complete quest chains, more or less tripling the size of the game. We get a handful of repeating quests and some re-skinned zones.

Both games are FTP.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Seems the overall feeling is the same, a good fun game has been seriously damaged and people's motivation has gone or fading quickly. Prior to sampling the update I was planning on buying two more character slots, will not be happening now. And to be frank most of the changes do not seem to be for the better. Invoking is useless unless you play hours on end. Time poor players or one's with multiple characters its almost pointless. I won't repeat the list of issues, it all here on the forums. Something needs to be done quickly to save this game, which was one of the best.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    There are some valid points in the OP but the fact that the difficulty has increased, the new heroic encounters (with mechanics!) makes the new module fine by me.

Still, hiring some new environment artists not to give us the same old maps 50 times would be a good idea imo.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I took the time to prepare well in advance for all the changes. I am having a great time with the new Module.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • theastromachinetheastromachine Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I've been having quite a bit of fun. The new adventure with Minsc was a really fun nostalgia trip. The areas look interesting, I like how they are making good use of much of what was formerly dead space in these maps. I bought my level 61 blues from WOD so I haven't had any problems with the difficulty yet. The new quest system is a little wonky, I typically like to get all my quests at once, but for some of the new tasks there is a limit of 4.