test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So the TRS will be exactly the same of Mod5 after so many posts?

Comments

• overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Ye lets all reroll TRs :D

or DCs or CWs or HRs...so ya, take your pick. Most of the classes are actually good.
  • spqwnspqwn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't think many people realize that TRs can hit 80% deflection chance in mod6. with 75% deflection severity (85% with pots)... who needs ITC anymore?!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spqwn wrote: »
    I don't think many people realize that TRs can hit 80% deflection chance in mod6. with 75% deflection severity (85% with pots)... who needs ITC anymore?!

Oh wow. You are correct - I did not know that (rely on others experiences with Preview Server due to lack of time to play there). I have never slotted ITC anyways and never played perma-stealth - even when the TR sucked for about a year.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Oh wow. You are correct - I did not know that (rely on others experiences with Preview Server due to lack of time to play there). I have never slotted ITC anyways and never played perma-stealth - even when the TR sucked for about a year.

Cpt. Myow's dynamic entry lol :D

Ye have fun getting deflected 24/7 lol !
  • z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015
    Tbh I realized that I can kill a TR with my HR. It's just that ITC thats hard and many ppl cant handle when facing a TR.
  • alboradaalborada Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am new to the game, 2 months old. So my opinion doesn't come from hate or complaining, it comes from what i have seen so far compared to other games pvp.

In every game i have play the rogue seems to always 1 shot the enemy with 1 skills from behind "call it ambush" which is always annoying since you never see them coming. There is not challenge in that and is nor balanced because there is no "player skill" involved. It is simple an "I Win Button" that is neither balanced or skill based. So yea, haters gonna hate the same way a TR would hate if they where really bad and getting owned by a GSF in 1 shot every single time. Its so unbalanced that whenever you have 3 TR in a single pvp match, you know is a game lost, but you cant quit or you have to wait 20 minutes before you can que again for anything.

TR have many, many, many things that makes them a really hard to kill class, i believe that by removing the 1 hit kill (or nerfing it) a TR would still be a good class. Rogues can stay invisible (most of them) almost all the fight duration, they can daze you for an stupid amount of time and they can attack from range too, oh if you try to run they can "jump" at you from distance too. So they have tools to be a good class without the need to be an OP class.

But rogues are not the only OP class that can easily kill you, Wizards can kill you in a matter of seconds too. Lift you to the air and by the time you are released, you are dead. So i thing what Perfect world need to do to address this particular pvp unbalance problem is to adjust pvp status when you get inside a pvp map. For example. If a class goes in and has 15k gs, its status would be reduced/buffed to match all 15k gs players. Making all 15k gs players do the same damage while receiving the same damage (of course this would work if it wasn't a pay to win game) So by making this change all class and any class would have to use their player skills to win a fight. But then because is a pay to win system, we going to have many more people complaining due to loosing after spending $$$.

So at the end there is only 1 solution, buff the other classes to equal the TR damage while in pvp. But then everyone would be killing everyone with 1 shot.

I love pvp, but in this game i only pvp for the daily quest and dont touch pvp at all again, is just not worth it.

Another solution i can think of that will balance a little more the pvp aspect is not allowing 2 of the same class in a pvp match.

Lets say domination 5v5 each team will have 1 copy of a class, in that way we wont face a team with 3 TR or 2 GW and one DC. By limiting pvp to 1 class per team it may balance the pvp a little, just a little.
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Set a PvP game rule that doesn't allow someone to be one-shotted?

if HP = Full
    and Damage >= HP
    Then Damage = .9*HP
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rgladiato wrote: »
    Set a PvP game rule that doesn't allow someone to be one-shotted?

if HP = Full
    and Damage >= HP
    Then Damage = .9*HP

...workaround: Use 1 fast non-stealth breaking at-will attack before SE/LB.

...meh.
    edited April 2015
    There is a solution to all of this.

Do not pvp :)

SOLVED.
  • stralgarr#4184 stralgarr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People still PvP in this game?

Oh man that's just awful.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    or you know its a game, do what you do for fun. Pvp is only going to be won by the mastercard warriors, disabled veterns and exploiters if that ain't your thing do it for fun and when someone facerolls you, faceroll the lol button in return.
  • excitotoxinsexcitotoxins Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alborada wrote: »
    I am new to the game, 2 months old. So my opinion doesn't come from hate or complaining, it comes from what i have seen so far compared to other games pvp.

In every game i have play the rogue seems to always 1 shot the enemy with 1 skills from behind "call it ambush" which is always annoying since you never see them coming. There is not challenge in that and is nor balanced because there is no "player skill" involved. It is simple an "I Win Button" that is neither balanced or skill based. So yea, haters gonna hate the same way a TR would hate if they where really bad and getting owned by a GSF in 1 shot every single time. Its so unbalanced that whenever you have 3 TR in a single pvp match, you know is a game lost, but you cant quit or you have to wait 20 minutes before you can que again for anything.

TR have many, many, many things that makes them a really hard to kill class, i believe that by removing the 1 hit kill (or nerfing it) a TR would still be a good class. Rogues can stay invisible (most of them) almost all the fight duration, they can daze you for an stupid amount of time and they can attack from range too, oh if you try to run they can "jump" at you from distance too. So they have tools to be a good class without the need to be an OP class.

But rogues are not the only OP class that can easily kill you, Wizards can kill you in a matter of seconds too. Lift you to the air and by the time you are released, you are dead. So i thing what Perfect world need to do to address this particular pvp unbalance problem is to adjust pvp status when you get inside a pvp map. For example. If a class goes in and has 15k gs, its status would be reduced/buffed to match all 15k gs players. Making all 15k gs players do the same damage while receiving the same damage (of course this would work if it wasn't a pay to win game) So by making this change all class and any class would have to use their player skills to win a fight. But then because is a pay to win system, we going to have many more people complaining due to loosing after spending $$$.

So at the end there is only 1 solution, buff the other classes to equal the TR damage while in pvp. But then everyone would be killing everyone with 1 shot.

I love pvp, but in this game i only pvp for the daily quest and dont touch pvp at all again, is just not worth it.

Another solution i can think of that will balance a little more the pvp aspect is not allowing 2 of the same class in a pvp match.

Lets say domination 5v5 each team will have 1 copy of a class, in that way we wont face a team with 3 TR or 2 GW and one DC. By limiting pvp to 1 class per team it may balance the pvp a little, just a little.
    I agree with all of you have said. Fix PVP, gain new fan base, make more money, everyones happy.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    let's see how this new gauntrym pvp version works now...
    I used to pvp then got bored when I saw there were no more game modes or maps.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    xgrandz02 wrote: »
    - This has nothing to do with hater/lovers or whatever you call,

Fact is TR can 1-Shot enemy players just by pressing one Button" they abusing this whole ignored bug by Devs.
    even low Geared TRs wihtout boons,enchants, etc. got an extreme high output dmg compared to other classes in the same basis.

Can confirm.

My TR hit 60 on Thursday. I have 5 boons (HP & deflec from Tyranny, power from Sharandar, power & movement from Dread and defense/deflec PVP boon), 3 level 30 - 32 artifacts, Battlefield Scavenger set, 20k AD spent on a MH and OH off AH, rank 6s only and a normal plaguefire. Basically, a pure F2P TR. Any player that levels through PVP and does dragon dailies can get what I got. 11.7k GS. I was on page 135 when I last PVP'd, 3:1 K/D ratio and in my last match I finished with 32 kills and 5 deaths. The only two players that killed me in that match? Yes, you guessed correctly, the two enemy TRs that had better gear than me.
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited April 2015
    I agree with all of you have said. Fix PVP, gain new fan base, make more money, everyones happy.

"everyone happy" and pvp doesn't go well in one sentence
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    or you know its a game, do what you do for fun. Pvp is only going to be won by the mastercard warriors, disabled veterns and exploiters if that ain't your thing do it for fun and when someone facerolls you, faceroll the lol button in return.

Or by beta players with basic economic understanding, buying and selling stuff, making a profit or by ppl who farmed CN etc. and sold stuff...

Dont assume, that everyone with BIS gear is a exploiter, unemployed or a wallet warrior, it is wrong.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited April 2015
    asterotg wrote: »
    Dont assume, that everyone with BIS gear is a exploiter, unemployed or a wallet warrior, it is wrong.

They're just no-lifers. . .:p
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
  • commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    They finally fix the SOD+Plaguefire bug as I know.
    edited April 2015
    When I read this kind of post, I found my TR is a totally nub. Same build, better gears 19K profound, perfect v.p, and only can 1-shot ppl less than half HP. How u managed to kill 32 ppl in lvl 60 pvp domination? Assuming their average GS is 15K with pvp set.
    Pick one that u can 1 shot: 15K HR, 15K DC, 15K GF, 15K CW with shield, 15K TR

Never said I one-shotted anyone. I can't do that as even though I am Executioner, I am not a burst build and have mostly tanky stats. Rings of Preservation and not Seal of Executioner, for example.

It was a 27-minute match. I just learnt how to ''abuse'' SOD while using Smoke Bomb-Stealth-Dazing Strike rotation. Also, all my feats were directed at improving stamin regen and stealth regen plus I took the Sabo feat that lowers cooldowns in stealth. Lots and lots of stealth, so all I needed to do was learn how to move and exploit the hell out of SOD.

In Trade of Blades I could get 50 - 80k SOD procs on a test dummy at my gear level. . .
  • grabmooregrabmoore Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    asterotg wrote: »

...but it's the truth. Students count as unemployed, too.
    Plus, "long time players farming CN" isn't comparable with economic understanding. Those players had access to keys for 5 gold each, cats as currency, drops worth 1M+, coal wards for an apple and an egg, ZEN for less than 200 AD and free mythic mounts.

That's not being smart, but leaching from a broken game!
    @grabmoore

Heroes of Darkness

Retired since 02/15
    My opinions are my own. Please do not judge my friends nor guild for my statements.
  • walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As i read on patch notes they will leave the TRs exactly like now in the mod 6 after so many ppl made tons of posts about them? They're kidding us, or what?

what posts? whiny "TR BEAT ME NURF THEM!!!" type posts? you should know by now they never read those or respond, well to any kind of player feedback to be honest, but especially not to crybabby OMG NURF threads.
    edited April 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »
    Plus, "long time players farming CN" isn't comparable with economic understanding. Those players had access to keys for 5 gold each, cats as currency, drops worth 1M+, coal wards for an apple and an egg, ZEN for less than 200 AD and free mythic mounts.

Exactly this is why new players are put at MASSIVE disadvantage to old players...
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    alborada wrote: »

You should have been here for the whole year that the TR was the worst class in the game - could only rarely get a dungeon invite. In my opinion, it is about time they finally became worthy once more.

And yes, I thoroughly enjoyed the extreme OP nature of the TR on Day One of Mod 5. It was pretty funny soloing dragons, and killing them pretty quickly. This was nerfed, and should have been, but it was fun to feel like a god for a day . . . :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited April 2015
    also they never balance for pvp in this game.
    pvp is strictly for lulz in this game, the sooner everyone realizes that, the better.
    I don't even bother changing my gear/spells out for pvp anymore when I run pvp dailies (I still get plenty of kills, and yes I still get stunlocked and 1-shotted by TR, big whoop it doesn't mean a single d*mn thing, pvp means nothing here)
  • ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    walk2k wrote: »
    also they never balance for pvp in this game.
    pvp is strictly for lulz in this game, the sooner everyone realizes that, the better.
    I don't even bother changing my gear/spells out for pvp anymore when I run pvp dailies (I still get plenty of kills, and yes I still get stunlocked and 1-shotted by TR, big whoop it doesn't mean a single d*mn thing, pvp means nothing here)

spoken like a true AD-Seeker-Then-Afk-After-2-Deaths-Guy

dont worry mister pve, AD rewards from PVE is now gone, u can stick to doing dailies

regards
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    grabmoore wrote: »

I did not see 'farming' as the same as economic understanding, but as another example.

I know a BIS player who buys things cheap in the trade channel and sells them. Another player bought R4s, made R8s and sold them. I myself bought Tymoras gift last year and sold them with a profit of up to 1000%. Another player farmed heroic encounters in WoD, first weekend after MOD 5 release and sold the artefact gear he got there.

One of aforementioned persons is a student, the rest is working regular jobs. The fact, that you did not get BIS gear without using exploits or your wallet, is no prove, that everyone with BIS gear is either using exploits, unemployed or a wallet warrior.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    edited April 2015
    ofnieslaf wrote: »
    spoken like a true AD-Seeker-Then-Afk-After-2-Deaths-Guy

dont worry mister pve, AD rewards from PVE is now gone, u can stick to doing dailies

regards
    spoken like a true P2W wallet warrior who thinks his win-loss stats actually matters for anything.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    As i read on patch notes they will leave the TRs exactly like now in the mod 6 after so many ppl made tons of posts about them? They're kidding us, or what?

You don't care about balance. What you hope for is to delete TR class or make it useless so effect will be same. Don't post again on forum, you are only making chaos and damage.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    spqwn wrote: »

CC immunity.
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    People will always complain doesnt mean Devs will agree. See the cries about SW being weak yet getting a nerf ;)