test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

is gwf going to be completly terrible next mod or is there still hope?

2»

Comments

• Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    As someone who has actually tested Mod 6 content (as opposed to many who prefer to just give baseless speculation) I can confidently state that a good GWF will have the highest PVE DPS in the game--by a healthy margin.

Please, half the DPS came from the bugged feytouched. Now let's rephrase.
  • Options
    amenephisamenephis Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    GWF is a great class, and my favorite one (with my DC being a close second).

People read on the forums that GWFs suck because people will roll one up, and not figure out how to play it. that's one of the reasons Double XP weekends suck. Okay, great, they have a Level 60 GWF fighter now, sitting on 15k GS, but have NO clue how to use it.

Gear doesn't necessarily make a character strong. It's how you use the gear you have. Ever since WotC took over D&D and destroyed it, then Cryptic got ahold of D&D and destroyed it even more, it's a continuous "my <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> is bigger than yours" contest with (until lately) GS, and in a few hours, it'll be with Item Score.

Whatever. Gone are the days of teamwork and collaboration and helping one another. It's all "what's in it for me?" stuff, and it's quite frankly disgusting to me.

In my experience, the overall community attitude on game forums, and in the game itself, tends to be a reflection of the way the game/forum is run.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rinat114 wrote: »
    Please, half the DPS came from the bugged feytouched. Now let's rephrase.

I've done plenty of testing without Feytouched involved. It's the same song, different verse. A good GWF will be a DPS monster in Mod 6.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Tell you what, GWF is probably one of the most complicated classes to master. Gear won't help you if you can't play or understand the base mechanics. Like the uber geared gwfs who run over to mobs and the first thing you see them do is IBS, you just know something's super wrong. The class isn't BAD, it's just that I find most players clueless as to what they're doing with their geared GWFs, it's kind of sad.
    I've done plenty of testing without Feytouched involved. It's the same song, different verse. A good GWF will be a DPS monster in Mod 6.

I'm not convinced. Can't blame me for being super pessimistic. The only correction I'll make with your statement is that "A good geared GWF will be a DPS monster".
    With only one build viable now, you'll see so many bad Destroyers out there it'll be hilarious. It's like picking a needle out of a haystack. Low geared GWF's are 100% screwed.
  • Options
    z0skiiz0skii Member Posts: 85
    edited April 2015
    Tell you what, GWF is probably one of the most complicated classes to master. Gear won't help you if you can't play or understand the base mechanics. Like the uber geared gwfs who run over to mobs and the first thing you see them do is IBS, you just know something's super wrong. The class isn't BAD, it's just that I find most players clueless as to what they're doing with their geared GWFs, it's kind of sad.

The QUEEN Of Gwf has posted. Read and weep mates.
  • Options
    pancakeattaxpancakeattax Member Posts: 191 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    z0skii wrote: »

Wot wot !? itz Lia knowles !
    *rolls red carpet* xD
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    z0skii wrote: »

lol hello to you too stranger. we should run **** again!
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I don't get all the GWF hate. IMO it's probably the best class in the game at the moment, and here is why:
    I have one character for each class in the game, including a mediocre geared GWF I play around with from time to time, and it's the only character I can't use to roflstomp every piece of PVE content this game has to offer.
    It's can be a struggle, and that makes it fun.
    To be honest, I hope this patch brings all the classes down to their level, and that it doesn't punish GWF's too much on soloing dailies, hourly quests, etc.

EDIT: by "best", i don't mean most powerful.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    lol hello to you too stranger. we should run **** again!

Lol, indeed. But for now, ya'll gotta sit in the back of the short bus. While we HRs take over.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    I don't get all the GWF hate. IMO it's probably the best class in the game at the moment, and here is why:
    I have one character for each class in the game, including a mediocre geared GWF I play around with from time to time, and it's the only character I can't use to roflstomp every piece of PVE content this game has to offer.
    It's can be a struggle, and that makes it fun.
    To be honest, I hope this patch brings all the classes down to their level, and that it doesn't punish GWF's too much on soloing dailies, hourly quests, etc.

EDIT: by "best", i don't mean most powerful.

Well tbh under gear GWf are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But i came across some well geared ones that pack a punch. Like Lia Knowles and a few pvp'er gwf. As for them in PvE.. well beside a Cw. Gwf are #1 if geared/slotted right. But we will see in this upcomming mod how good they will be again.
  • Options
    gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Looks like my gwf is going to have to do something besides stacking regen, ls, and rec and spamming Unstoppable. Oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, now I'm going to have to actually think. Honey, could you make me another pot of coffee please?

Buh.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I'm not convinced. Can't blame me for being super pessimistic. The only correction I'll make with your statement is that "A good geared GWF will be a DPS monster".
    With only one build viable now, you'll see so many bad Destroyers out there it'll be hilarious. It's like picking a needle out of a haystack. Low geared GWF's are 100% screwed.

No, I don't blame you. It's fair to be skeptical. You don't know me and have no reason to trust my knowledge of the game.

But at least I can offer a bit more informed feedback than many others who are proclaiming doom and gloom despite having no actual experience testing out the new GWF changes. Time will tell if my assessment is accurate or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    No, I don't blame you. It's fair to be skeptical. You don't know me and have no reason to trust my knowledge of the game.

But at least I can offer a bit more informed feedback than many others who are proclaiming doom and gloom despite having no actual experience testing out the new GWF changes. Time will tell if my assessment is accurate or not.

I've done my fair share in preview, and your point as a CW and NOT a gwf can be valid to an extent. ACT charts can't tell you how the GWF struggles or feels like squishy cotton or how awkward the new Blitz look-alike encounter feels and acts. The community is complaining for a reason, never forget that.
  • Options
    bolverklokibolverkloki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm not what you'd call a GWF lover or anything, but

doesn't sound like good news for a GWF in PvP.

It is great news. Prior, during unstoppable, GWFs would deal reduced damage with increased attack speed. Another way of saying it could have been: During Unstoppable, At-Wills now deal full damage.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It is great news. Prior, during unstoppable, GWFs would deal reduced damage with increased attack speed. Another way of saying it could have been: During Unstoppable, At-Wills now deal full damage.

Maybe if they just increase our At-will damage another 50-60% we can just be a left/right click Class and Slot 3 Defensive encounters. Lol... Seems to be the path thats being taken with all the nerfs to our solid encounters and buffs to at-will damage, all our at-wills should do aoe damage also , including T-rush and Sure strike, and screw target caps, mighty leap doesnt have one, neither should IBS or G fissure (speaking of fissure, wtf is that low dmg lol..) I mean look how big our sword is! lol. also punishing charge should be a lockon and should root/immobilise the hit enemy for 1 second. so we can land some of our glorious at-will hits.

Turn us into guts :D

tumblr_ncpqf91tUI1thx8s4o1_500.gif
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Well, Live is as bad as Preview was.
    Went to Sharandar with my (in Mod5) 21K gwf. Met four redcaps. Not uncommon in Sharandar. In one second, my HP went down to 20% of its max value.

Devs, Temporary HP is no substitute of damage reduction. As Sprint is no substitute for Parry/riposte.
    Devs, the Mod6 gwf is a fail.
    Devs, Dnd 4e gwf is ok. Take the hint.
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lewel555 wrote: »
    Well, Live is as bad as Preview was.
    Went to Sharandar with my (in Mod5) 21K gwf. Met four redcaps. Not uncommon in Sharandar. In one second, my HP went down to 20% of its max value.

Devs, Temporary HP is no substitute of damage reduction. As Sprint is no substitute for Parry/riposte.
    Devs, the Mod6 gwf is a fail.
    Devs, Dnd 4e gwf is ok. Take the hint.

our DR this mod is baad... I am 22k mod 5 GS I have gotten to 65 on live and its a good thing they gave us a ranged attack because in a heroic encounter with 5 people and a cleric I can barely get close enough to hit anything and even if I do when they do their aoe red area its the same every time. see red. run out of red, red attack goes off, fall over dead outside of red... and thats on the ones where I dont walk 3 steps, sprint kicks in and I snap back to the boss an THEN start sprinting...

yall just gonna take our damage resistance when you know we dont have a working dodge..... way to go devs
  • Options
    agbudaragbudar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I'm not what you'd call a GWF lover or anything, but

doesn't sound like good news for a GWF in PvP.
    that is actually our own at will powers not the oponent
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hey, while doing that element daily where we will put the seed under the tree at the end. Are there anyone had watch that GWF NPC's encounter? They are far batter than our encounters.