test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Elemental Launch Maintenance - 4/7 6 AM PDT (Pacific)

Comments

• mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    one2b2 wrote: »
    ok ... Wait ... am confuse now ...how long do we need to wait still?

Another 2hrs.
  • one2b2one2b2 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ahh 2 hours isnt that bad
  • b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    one2b2 wrote: »
    ok ... Wait ... am confuse now ...how long do we need to wait still?

until the Server Status light is green ;)
  • gibson74gibson74 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Said it all day yesterday. 4 hour scheduled maint = 6+ hours of unscheduled maint. but now I see I was even wrong about that. We will be lucky to play at all today.:(
  • canticumcordiscanticumcordis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got so confused- in PDT it's about 10AM and I live in an EST zone... UUUGGGHHH I have to wait even longer now...
    edited April 2015
    so new free class or new pay class?lol
    edited April 2015
    gibson74 wrote: »
    Said it all day yesterday. 4 hour scheduled maint = 6+ hours of unscheduled maint. but now I see I was even wrong about that. We will be lucky to play at all today.:(

hey now.. hey now.. let's not get crazy.... ain't no body got time for that..
  • xginocidexxginocidex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I got so confused- in PDT it's about 10AM and I live in an EST zone... UUUGGGHHH I have to wait even longer now...

Think that's 3:30 pm for us on the east coast
    edited April 2015
    yes i think so too
    edited April 2015
    xginocidex wrote: »
    Think that's 3:30 pm for us on the east coast

yup.. add 4hrs to the time
    edited April 2015
    1:15 pm here
    edited April 2015
    and tech.. they still have 38mins to their

We will be performing shard maintenance on April 7th from 6-10 AM Pacific (13:00-17:00 UTC). Please check the forums.
    note
  • raistlinmajere00raistlinmajere00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Hmm... So that's how it works, not so different than the games I've played before. Only thing I don't understand is why people are so eager to protect company/devs? What's wrong with that we expect game will be up and running in promised time?
  • snorri30snorri30 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    2 more hours XD
    edited April 2015
    loll 2 more hours if.... only if..... u got IMAGINATION...:D
  • offpuddingoffpudding Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    :rolleyes:

14twyhg.jpg

Roxanne
    You don't have to put on the red light
    Roxanne
    You don't have to put on the red light
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    you know i've been thinking, since there will no doubt be problems when we all start to hit 70, what if the ad costs of stuff was removed in preview for preview only so we can you know actually test stuff instead of the thought people have to grind and grind to get it and it not count since its ONLY preview and they gotta regrind when it goes live?

on topic, take your time, neverwinter nights just got interesting again, will i beat morag as a shifter druid or will i just flop.
  • shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Patching is done \0/ and now..uuuh the green light please ;)
    edited April 2015
    the police
    edited April 2015
    patching was done long ago
  • nachodx22nachodx22 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    worth the wait, but i wish i hadn't taken the day off to play for such a small amount of time :/ Maybe i just need to get a life, but hey....
    -Nacho Skymont
    Quixaltic Guild Leader
    GH20, pm for inv
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »
    yup.. add 4hrs to the time

Sorry, I meant the 12:30 pm PDT is 3:30 pm for us on the east coast
    edited April 2015
    nachodx22 wrote: »
    worth the wait, but i wish i hadn't taken the day off to play for such a small amount of time :/ Maybe i just need to get a life, but hey....

https://www.google.com/#q=national%20beer%20day%202015

or a beer ;)
    edited April 2015
    b0rkch0p wrote: »

SWEET!! Guess that means the time is now beer:30
    edited April 2015
    few beers.....
  • deathbypowerpoindeathbypowerpoin Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For everyone that sucks with time zone conversions.

http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/pdt-to-utc-converter
    edited April 2015
    and drunk way before the maint is done...snooringggg...!!!
  • gabbagulgabbagul Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Disclaimer: I sincerely hope that this won't be taken the wrong way by the powers that be.

That being said, the people doing these upgrades and maintenances and emergency downtimes, etc. are throwing Akro under the bus, sort of. He gives us an approximate length of downtime and time after time is made to appear like the boy who cried "wolf" because he has to throw in the almost inevitable "we've encountered some unexpected blah blah", to the point where now it's not even unexpected. It's expected. So he's the PR guy that has to inform the grumbling masses that once again the estimate he gave us was inaccurate or couldn't be relied upon. I honestly feel for ya, Akro, and if I were you, I'd stop giving estimates on time if the crew can't deliver a little better. There's no reason your integrity should be brought into question for other peoples' shortfalls. Honestly, at this point, I don't believe the estimates when they come out at all. Occasionally they're accurate, and rarely even a little on the long side, but so, so often, we have this situation, which, in the end, probably (and very unfortunately) just erodes our trust in the word of the powers that be. Perhaps I shouldn't speak for others, so I'll simply say that's what it does for me. I expect downtimes to always run long, because, as I said, the "unexpected" stuff has become expected. :(

It reminds me of when my Dad used to fix things on my car, he'd always say something like "Oh, it shouldn't take long, maybe just a couple hours." and then two days would disappear. I always appreciated the work he did, believe me, but I came to know whatever estimate of time he gave me was going to be irresponsibly optimistic. :D Be well, devs, do well, and thank you very much for all that you do. But enough with the tall tales, please. Optimism isn't a bad thing, but at some point, you have to temper it with realism, and we all know how these things go with the time estimates by now.
  • blamecharlesblamecharles Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Anyone that didn't expect some form of delay either with the launch or shortly after is naive. Let's be realistic, the peeps at NW are launching a massive change to every single thing in the game almost.

Best of luck guys and gals on both sides of the game. See you at LVL 70
    edited April 2015
    Anyone that didn't expect some form of delay either with the launch or shortly after is naive. Let's be realistic, the peeps at NW are launching a massive change to every single thing in the game almost.

Best of luck guys and gals on both sides of the game. See you at LVL 70

mmhmm.. although the xbox peeps are def the bigger part of the 'wtf' crew.. they'll now know what maint really entails ;)
This discussion has been closed.