test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre-Patch Issues

ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
When I exit game and the patch begins it stalls halfway through and then the launcher closes and when I try to let it run again the patch has to run all over again but the launcher keeps closing when reached halfway.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Keep trying. I imagine that their servers are getting hammered as people login to pre-patch.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    ghostragecghostragec Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Is there no otherway to force it to start except to just exit the game?
  • Options
    ninatheaxeninatheaxe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Yes, you need to login then exit to kick it off.

Check that "on demand" patching is disabled in the loader options (not sure why this should affect a pre-patch).

Are you sure it is restarting from the very beginning each time? Mine crashed out a couple of times but each time it kept the bulk of the stuff already downloaded. So the percentage restarted at zero but the total amount to download had reduced, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    What pre-patch?
    I've restart game many times,no patch
  • Options
    offpuddingoffpudding Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The pre-patcher has always worked in a quirky way, from appearances' sake. ... While it is true you may have an issue, the patch has "probably" already DL'd to your machine .. the pre-patch window process still opens each time you exit the game and it tries to patch again and exits quickly, looking like it failed ... it has always worked this way, it has always made me nervous, and it has always laughed at me afterwards when it worked as advertised

trust in the man ..
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2015
This discussion has been closed.