test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rank Your Favorite Current Classes

myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
edited April 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title states, I am curious to see how everyone would rank the current classes, in order of most favored to least liked. Please, no future classes (like the coming Oathbound Paladin, or a class you "want" to see, like Druid). Maybe this could be fun!

For me, it would be:

1. TR (main)
2. CW (back-up)
3. HR (back-up)
4. DC (mule now)
5. SW (mule now)
6. GWF (mule now)
7. GF (mule now)

Remember, there is no "wrong" ranking - just personal preferences. :)
SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1.) DC (RiDO) - My main-main, first real main, hours of suffering through Mod 2/3 campaign dailies made our relationship something special.
    2-4.) CW (SpSTh), HR (SWArch), TR (MIX) - Co-mains on rota - I love this game for its variety.
    5.) SW (HBTemp) - Has been a blast but now only gets out for the occasional dungeon run as healer.
    6.) GWF (SMDest) - nowadays at rest, but has been good fun in Mod 2 & 3, when Unstoppable meant what the word says...
    7.) GF (IV, not refeated since revamp) - no, not my style.

One thing that keeps me going in this game is that the tactics and game mechanics really differ between the classes. In almost all other games, after three or four months it went stale, and after 6 months "nuff's'nuff! => next game". Not here, after 16 months...
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    These are the characters Im playing atm from descending order , the amount of time I put into them, I should just give up and play one toon probably. These are my 60s.

1. DC , AC build, Righteous.(might be moving back to DO, virt or faithful for mod 6)
    2. CW, Spellstorm, Thaum (going to renegade in mod 6)
    3. GWF, Iron Vanguard, Sent (soon to be destroyer again)
    4. HR, Pathfinder, Combat (I still hope it comes back, I used to love the HR..) (moving to trapper.)
    5. SW, Hellbringer , fury (soon to be soulbinder)
    6. TR, MI, executioner (they made this class really fun, but I just dont have the time to get it where it needs to be.
    7. GF, Swordmaster, conqueror (honestly just so I could do dailies a bit faster.. omg poeple, how you play this class on a regular basis is beyond me.

then many subalts, who get rolled into stuff from time to time.

I will roll a paladin as well, I will wait and see how it plays for me.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I asked lately this question too to my guild mates .
    80 % of them will play CW as main
    10 % of them will play TR
    7 % of them will play DC
    2 % HR
    1 % GWF
    0 % SW
    0 % GF
    0 % Paladin
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1 GF (main) - Mostly PvE but lately finding it fun in oPvP as well. Tactician - Swordsmaster
    2 CW - for times when I want to move a bit faster
  • Options
    felixkamfelixkam Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. HR, something about the frantic button and movement spamming just keeps me coming back to it. The if I lag, I die gameplay is surprisingly entertaining, even when my wi-fi is acting up.
    2. SW, I might be slightly masochistic, but I actually enjoy playing as my SW in PvP.
    3. GWF/TR, being able to run around quickly is one of my favourite things. Decent damage helps too.
    4. CW, sheer damage is entertaining for a while, but permanently controlling enemies just isn't the thing for me.
    5. GF/DC, Supporting roles just aren't quite the thing for me.
    Personal Projects - Check out my take on these D&D classes for Neverwinter:
    Complete:
    - The Monk - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?865991-The-Monk-A-Relatively-Detailed-Proposal-for-a-New-Class

Under Work:
    - The Primal Totemist
    - The Wild Sorcerer
    - The Summoning Binder
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I would say hr 10 times.
    I like my tr too but i would like it more if it was tough as a combar hr with a more use of stealth as utility and not core mechanic.
    Edit: the old combat hr, not the subpar imitation we have now
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I like all the classes fairly equally. My current favs are my CW, GF, and TR. But I still keep my DC, and HR fully geared if I'm in the mood for something different.
    The only class I really dislike is GWF. I managed to level one to 60 but I just can't get into it. It's the one class I don't enjoy playing. I guess it's the whole idea of being a mindless punching bag that needs to get hurt to survive rubs me wrong. It's like a meat headed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with an over sized weapon as a means of compensation.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Trapper HR primary
    Conq GF Secondary
    Actually play at times:
    CW if nobody else wants to
    TR for low level (non-twinked) PVP
  • Options
    ravenkkinravenkkin Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The only class I really dislike is GWF. I managed to level one to 60 but I just can't get into it. It's the one class I don't enjoy playing. I guess it's the whole idea of being a mindless punching bag that needs to get hurt to survive rubs me wrong. It's like a meat headed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> with an over sized weapon as a means of compensation.

GWF all the way.I like my meat headed <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> :)
    TR/HR/GF are ok,I like to play them sometimes
    CW/DC/SW I just dont like,I have them on 60 and in t2's,but i just dont like 'em
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Too much grind to level them all, so I just stick with my three mains - CW, DC and GF. Find myself playing the DC and CW about equally. I do enjoy healing/mitigation.
  • Options
    phrendonphrendon Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1) TR
    2) HR
    3) SW

No opinion on the others, since I don't play them, never played them.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Oo sorry my mistake .
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Too much grind to level them all, so I just stick with my three mains - CW, DC and GF. Find myself playing the DC and CW about equally. I do enjoy healing/mitigation.

...patience, young padawan.

Roll one, play him/her to Level 11 - and leadership XP do the rest.

I recommend getting them out every now and then, to get a) a feel for the mechanics, and b) the clockwork tower bag :^)

I wonder if somone want really Paladin as main ?
    Its a new class common guys noone? rly?

...was explicitly excluded by the OP:
    myowmyow wrote: »
    [...] Please, no future classes (like the coming Oathbound Paladin, or a class you "want" to see, like Druid).[...]
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    I would say hr 10 times.
    I like my tr too but i would like it more if it was tough as a combar hr with a more use of stealth as utility and not core mechanic.
    Edit: the old combat hr, not the subpar imitation we have now

That old combat hr, was my second favorite class behind the DC. It was so fun in so many ways! I stripped mine and it sits in a campfire now.
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    CW
    TR
    SW
    GF
    HR
    GWF

If SW were were pvp viable the class would be #1 on my list.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. CW (MoF) and GF (IV)
    2. TR (WK + MI) and (increasingly) DC (AC)
    3. HR (SW - PF just sucked)
    4. GWF (SM) and SW (HB)
  • Options
    generaldiomedesgeneraldiomedes Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ...patience, young padawan.

Roll one, play him/her to Level 11 - and leadership XP do the rest.

I recommend getting them out every now and then, to get a) a feel for the mechanics, and b) the clockwork tower bag :^)

It's not so much the levelling to 60, its doing the boons, refining and gearing up.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Renegade CW
    Righteous DC

If they gave him his AoE damage back, Destroyer GWF would be back to #2

My Combat HR and Exe TR were fun to level, but I don't care much for them in group play

My GF takes way too long to get anything done, and my fingers don't like hitting Shift.

Also have a SW, but he's only in his 30s, and I really don't feel like playing him.

With a GWF and GF I don't play, I have no interest in a Pally
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    For me (and I have 2 of each class at level 60)

1. DC (my main)
    2. GF (my second made character, quasi co-main)
    3. TR
    4. CW
    5. GWF
    6. HR
    7. SW
  • Options
    joocycuzzzzzzjoocycuzzzzzz Member Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1) Control Wizard: When this game was in beta... I only took it because Magic. I would've never thought it would be such a well-rounded class now, I do not regret my choice. Uncontested Kings of PVE and perform really nice in PVP. And despite anything that happens, the CW will always find a new way of playing. Devs... I will keep saying and repeating it, Bring Shard of the Endless Avalanche back. Most fun attack in the entire game.

2) Guardian Fighter: Simply because it's underdog, and its burst quality is greatly underestimated. The class' definition itself is noble.

3) Great Weapon Fighter: It's <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and has a nice tab power.. breaking free of CC is so important in this game's PVP. It has an imposing presence (Well.. used to have).

4) Hunter Ranger: Really hyper class, I find myself moving, jumping, dodging around with this class more often than the rest. Really fast-paced.

5) Scourge Warlock: Interesting spells, nice visual animations, pretty sure this class is going to be very strong one day. What attracted me to it was the Shadow Slip.

6) Trickster Rogue: Whenever I'm bored and want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people off, I take this class into PVP. If this was mod 1-4 rogue it would rank higher. But now it's just.... yeah.

7) Devoted Cleric: Really boring class to play IMO. It doesn't have any presence for a class that has divine help.
    Beta player

One of the many Control Wizards that misses Shard Of The Endless Avalanche. RIP Shard (Beta-Mod3)
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. Faithful pvp DC
    2. Righteous pvp DC

Only pvp DC...
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Scourge Warlock : Hellbringer : Fury

It's what I am playing pre-Mod 6 and post-Mod 6.

Why?

Because I like killing things dead. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    It's not so much the levelling to 60, its doing the boons, refining and gearing up.

Boons... ...yeah. That is either plain expensive or drab, boring work. Gearing: Will become easier (AritWeap&OffHand from Quest...) + AH. Also, >50% (12 of 19) of my 60s aren't geared. But - they have unlocked that ninth profession slot. :^D
  • Options
    commanderdata001commanderdata001 Member Posts: 307 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    1. CW main since mod1 (love arcane spellcasters, waiting for sorcerer too)
    2. DC right-AC; good support, buff
    3. GF tac-IV; good support, buff, tank, DR-giver
    4. TR (pvp fun)
    5. GWF good offtank; easy to play; if I am tired or after 10pm its my favourite
    6. SW its an arcane spellcaster too indeed but well its just a hobby of mine

paladin: would really love its pretty good buffs to see in action but already has a buffer DC/GF
  • Options
    blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1hr main
    2 tr second main
    3 dc third main
    4 sw every now and again i play it.but im big in pvp so this class doesnt suite well.
    5cw rarely play. just not my class. more of a leadership farm.
  • Options
    kirkcaldykirkcaldy Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Scourge Warlock : Hellbringer : Fury

It's what I am playing pre-Mod 6 and post-Mod 6.

Why?

Because I like killing things dead. :cool:

My 13 strong, army of Warlocks agree. :cool:

• Options
    zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    OK.

1) GF - my main since mod4, beloved unkillable monster.
    2) GWF - second in command, currently working on him, i like him prolly coz i always wanted drow warrior, may become my main, but i dont think so. tho i spend more time on him than on gf right now, that's coz my gf is a perfect toon, so i just need to do some dung or two on him. ;p
    3) TR - hard to say why i lost intrest in her, she was my main for 2 first mods, i guess i dont like how squishy she can be when i make one mistake, even with her monsterious dmg i cant carry whole party of weaklings on her while my gf can do it with ease. Also i didnt invest in her so much i invested in gf and gwf.
    4) CW - easy to play, thats why, quite decent with no big manies involved.
    5) HR - my main for mod3, loved her in pvp, but it ended as it is, here end's list of toons i acctualy invested somthing in, she was good and still is, i think i lost intrest in her coz nobody on lfg rly wanted 17k hr in party, so this toon became hard for me to have fun.
    6) DC - didnt invest much, just 13k dc, but playing as support is nice from time to time.
    7) SW - just could not like this class. :/

Cheers

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

• Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    1. DC - my first character, a healer whom I've played various incarnations of in 4 MMOs. :P

2. SW - I have both Fury and Templock. I'm not a pvper, so that weakness doesn't bother me, and I just really enjoy the powers because of the skill needed to maximize their results (Dreadtheft, TT).

3. CW - Easy-mode, great on packs of minions and will be better at single targets in Mod 6. My only complaint is especially in Mod 6 the devs are forcing you to play chilling powers to maximize your dps. I have a lightning-themed CW who is visually very pleasing, but she is definitely gimped compared to chill-focused CW.

4. GWF - Sometimes I just want to get in bad guys' faces and whack them with a really big axe.

5. HR - I've been playing mine as Archer, which is getting a little stale. Switching to Trapper in Mod 6, using the forced respec, and she should be more fun.

6. GF - dislike the slow movement, and when I leveled her GFs had pretty abysmal damage - and I never like playing main tank. Might dust her off in Mod 6.

7. TR - just don't like the gameplay, so she will remain my Leatherworker and probably never leave the Protector's Garden.