test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod 6 no regeneration during combat

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It can only get better, lol. But it's not like i feel hate towards any other class, the devs are just a bit slow with adjusting them all. What i'd personally LOVE to see after mod 6, is NO new mod aka. mod 7 until everything is fixed. (one can still dream)

---

More difficulty means more fun, to me. I play demon's/dark souls and other hardcore games, (Borderlands 2, Ultimate vault hunter mode ^^) with passion + without cheats.

• suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It can only get better, lol. But it's not like i feel hate towards any other class, the devs are just a bit slow with adjusting them all. What i'd personally LOVE to see after mod 6, is NO new mod aka. mod 7 until everything is fixed. (one can still dream)[...]

Sir, congratulations, Sir!

You just won the "Euphemism of the Week" award!

BTW: I also play(ed) B'lands 2, and also on UVHM. Only there your way from spawn back to the frontline rarely is that long as it often is here. Plus, the only char I really enjoyed there (in Ultra) was Krieg due to his lifeleech, my Anarchy Gaige was all but unplayable - stack loss :^(. Also, there you have Health Gating, which you don't have in NW. Here that 500k hit just kills you from full health glory at once.

What I see is that, by nerfing regen into oblivion, we'll have to slow down after each fight, quaff potions, pop an altar, wait until Healing Word has ticked through, whatever...

...maybe the plan is to make people pick up all that green loot again, RNG has to sweat soooo much to generate all that and no-fekkin-body ever cares in dungeon runs. All the while the not-so-lucky and -well-geared can do their little morning jog fro the campfire :^/

Can dump into their new shiney RP black hole green loot, players. Identify scrolls sell we will... (in Master Yoda voice...)

/sarcasm

I'm not enthused and see rather boring protracted runs ahead.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    -snip-

On topic: We still have the option to use resurrection scrolls, even though they seem to be zen shop - only. However, i believe, resurrections should no longer be limited in mod 6, just as in BL. If you die, party members can always res. you. Perhaps even with diminishing returns, depending on how often you got killed. That would be fun. In NW... resurrecting somebody, doesn't seem as viable, for some reason.

---

Off topic: Gunzerker with that blue shield which has no capacity (hammerlock DLC, i believe) to get the +35% fire rate from one of the feats, permanently since it normally only procs if the shield is down. I had like 3 million hp with it, but no shield, as mentioned. Combined with sexual Tyrannosaurus (beast/monk mod) and the +25% fire rate on reload, this is quite nice. Without s. tyrannosaurus, the sheriff's badge is also decent, since it adds even more fire rate (pistols are my fav. weapons).

• mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    myowmyow wrote: »
    There is a "big picture" reason for this change. It is all about having the game be a bit more team based, which is really what MMOs are supposed to be about. You are just going to have to adapt, like everyone else (including myself).

It will all be good in the end, once we learn how to modify class builds based on game changes.

There is never a "big picture".
    Part of forcing party-play on a community is that not everything needs a party. It's easy to assume they want you to party up for something like a dungeon. However, forcing you to party up to do your dailies is a big problem. LS and Regen were incredibly useful for two reasons:
    1) Sustain for classes that have none
    2) Every other option sucks

I don't know about you but I don't need LS or Regen on my DC. You know, the class with the heals?
    However, pulling off dailies on some other classes can become a problem real fast. Even moreso considering how high HP is skyrocketing and how bad potions are, not to mention potions have a cooldown.

LS and Regen may have needed a tweak but so did every other form of defense. If we could mitigate enough damage, we'd actually have a reason to stack defense.
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    probably they wanted to make botting more challenging....
    maybe its a bit too much onehtting mobs and no regen/LS, but be sure they will turn back the wheel, in mod 7 at least
    so just call mod 6 "the challenging mod" or " mod of the 1000 deads"
    mod 5 was "mod of the TR>DC"
  • lpac98lpac98 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Just a thought - How about they add an effect to the GF Power 'Knights Valour' to also give the ability to those affected to Regenerate in combat? (this additional ability could even be tied to a feat high up in the protector tree if they wanted to restrict it only to committed tanking builds)

Would this Give GF a desireable Tank niche for Parties (to compete with DC and OP)?

it would also make a GF actually more likely to use this ability (which does benefit everybody in the spirit of cooperation and all that stuff.....) :)
  • kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    if they nerf reg. and life steal ,the damage must go up for mele's
    mostly for GWF and GF,we take the enemie head on
  • mirrorballsmirrorballs Member Posts: 877 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    kabinoles wrote: »
    if they nerf reg. and life steal ,the damage must go up for mele's
    mostly for GWF and GF,we take the enemie head on

They have damage buffs, as well as survival buffs.

It's called "team".
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I welcome the changes...

Something new to learn and play
  • ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited April 2015
    lpac98 wrote: »
    Just a thought - How about they add an effect to the GF Power 'Knights Valour' to also give the ability to those affected to Regenerate in combat? (this additional ability could even be tied to a feat high up in the protector tree if they wanted to restrict it only to committed tanking builds)

Bro, this is Neverwinter. Level-headed and mutually beneficial changes for the better are HERESY!

Don't worry your awesome idea will go unnoticed for all of time. Actually I think there's a graveyard around here somewhere to dump it... Better to put it where it will never see the light of day.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    urlord283 wrote: »
    I welcome the changes...Something new to learn and play

I agree. Party composition will matter now. Everyone has their role and specialty.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    with the DR changes to GF you wont even miss it
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    juliofp70 wrote: »
    There are 3 supporter classes... DC can handle a hole party alone, Paladine too... GF with no regen cant, why? cause we cant turn on knight value because of this! who wants a GF when we have no DPS and cant defend them? I see many comment but how much of you have a GF like main? We will be banned from parties... lets vote to kick, kick reason "its a GF LOL"

If you get in one of those groups that kick you, then it's a group that isn't worth being in "provided you know how to play your class.". One of the most powerful and synergistic groups or trios in this game consists of a Paladin, Cleric and Guardian fighter and if the GF is tank spec with the others buffing and healing, they can become something fierce in PvE and PvP.

Everyone in this game will have to relearn new dynamics and how they interact with the other classes in order to accomplish the "harder" mobs/content.

Go out and make some friends, get in groups and play this game like it was meant to be played in a non solo fashion.

No one sits at the table by themselves playing PnP DnD and it shouldn't be that way in this game either with 80% of the content.
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • pwcross2pwcross2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    after the patch I picked up where I left off, levelling a GWF. he just turned level 56 in the 2nd area of Mt. Hotenow (where the big tree is) when the server went down for maintenance. after maint. I picked up where I left off. I didn't respec my powers or change my load out, just re-selected my same paragon feats I had before... with the exception that I had to take one of the new feats to progress to the capstone. Mobs were noticeably stronger, but my GWF was also dealing noticeably more damage.

Nothing much really changed except I had to pay a little more attention when fighting, else I could actually die. I finished all the hotenow missions (except the end dungeon) and left to whispering caverns at level 58. Long story short, I finished the missions in both areas without dying. the instanced boss battles at the end of hotenow were actually challenging, and I came pretty close to dying from them a couple times.

I did the dragon HE in whispering caverns while I was there and died about 5 times during it. partly due to not getting out of the red patches fast enough, and partly because the highest potion I had slotted only healed for 4k, the other two were still the 1k and 2k ones because, well, I almost never used pots before on any of my alts, so I just leave them in the tray. The only other place I significantly used pots was with the hotenow bosses, and I think possibly once or twice fighting the regular mobs in hotenow and WC.

So for regular, level appropriate content, solo, I think they hit the nail on the head for difficulty.

If you're one of those people that jumped headlong into doing the campaigns (sharandar, dread ring, WoD, IWD) using your level 60 gear and level adjusted to 70, you're going to have a heck of a time. All of your gear while level adjusted takes a significant hit. Take a look at your stats while in PE at level 60, for example, and then go into dread ring and check them again after being level adjusted to 70 with the same gear.

A quick example of how being level adjusted affects you, My GF went from 50% damage resist in PE, to about 30% in dread ring. that's a huge drop in survival. On top of that, the mobs are hitting harder, etc. so it's going to be far more difficult when you're not actually "level appropriate". That content is supposed to have been adjusted to be challenging for level 70s in level 70 gear, not "fake" level 70s in level 60 gear.

Overall, I like the changes so far in normal, level appropriate solo content. aside from the fact that my enchants keep vanishing after removing them from gear, and my Iouns no longer have inherent stats without any gear or runestones slotted. I have to assume, for now, that level 70 content in level 70 gear will be similar in difficulty scale to the level 60 content in level 60 gear, and I think that's perfectly fine. It's nice to finally have some interaction with the game, rather than a simple one sided faceroll slaughter (although that can be fun at times too!).

*EDIT: I should note that my GWF has less than 500 regen, and less than 200 lifesteal. even so, as soon as combat ends he starts to regen, and even with the small amount he has, it's comparable to having about 2k+ regen before the update... while out of combat anyway.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    It's not useless.

As a GWF, it increases my unstoppable recovery healing, my restoring strike healing, lathander set healing, and in-between fights it's useful to recover fast.

Don't know if it has any effect on temporary HP from unstoppable.

The problem is you need a lot of either life steal or regeneration to make them solid enough. I'm going to go for regeneration on my GWF and tank DC and see how it works, and life steal on my HR.

What i can say is that my health regeneration in between fights is faster than before. Useful to recover fast without the need for HP pot spam.

Whole concept is you either tank the fight and then recover fast, self healing only with powers, or you go for life steal chance to have a chance to self heal more during the fight, but you recover slower between fights.

I'd say melee tanks/ fighters with regeneration, fast hitting DPS toons, instead, with life steal % may be.

To work fine, BTW, melee fighters should have a larger HP pool so it would make more sense how a fighter would rely on regeneration to recover, while tanking the fight with HP pool, while a DoT/ DPS toon would tank the fight with life steal and then recover by dealing damage on enemies who are busy on someone else/ don't have a chance to damage you due to range/ stealth/ dodges.
    edited April 2015
    if you are struggling on the GF and you dont have a lillend I would grab a fawn off the AH they are dirt cheap right now
  • blackxxwolf3blackxxwolf3 Member Posts: 1,539 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    To be honest I expect nerf threads for GFs to start poping up once we do some mod 6 PVP. The class has: the best at-will DR ( block, Lunging strike, Bull charge) and the best overall DR + probably second best CC immunity (block) + great single target damage + ability to stun lock + gap closing homing attacks + a ton of HP.. Yep GFs are pretty solid now

ive been thinking about it. but i figured let the gf's have there fun for awhile with all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> theyve been through they really deserve a time period do opness. dont you agree? i mean i got 1 hit by a gf and i have 30k hp. 1 hit not 1 rotation.
  • thestaggythestaggy Member Posts: 1,102 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    if you are struggling on the GF and you dont have a lillend I would grab a fawn off the AH they are dirt cheap right now

How does the Angel from invocation compare to those two?
    PSA: You don't need to grind Spinward Rise for your Elemental artifact main hand if you have some AD lying around. You can craft it via the Tyranny of Dragon's campaign screen.
    edited April 2015
    thestaggy wrote: »
    How does the Angel from invocation compare to those two?

the angel would be fine also probabaly a little better since the heal is stronger
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The change was made so healing classes as DC and that new class will be more important. It was made to encourage people to make healing classes, so they can earn money on people who make new class. Also the change was supposed to happen in mod 3, when the game was too easy. When it comes to pvp now it will mean every party need good healer in team which always should have been. That is why panic in this thread is not understandable.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    The change was made so healing classes as DC and that new class will be more important. It was made to encourage people to make healing classes, so they can earn money on people who make new class. Also the change was supposed to happen in mod 3, when the game was too easy. When it comes to pvp now it will mean every party need good healer in team which always should have been. That is why panic in this thread is not understandable.

Just a little note...

When I'm playing my HR, GF, GWF, TR, SW, or CW, my DC isn't with me.

It's a shock, I know.

Taking away in-combat regen, in combination with all of the other whacks to survivability, was uncalled-for. I hope whoever is behind it is laughing and enjoying their power over the little players, because no one else is.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • b100d31fb100d31f Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    This <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> should of been a class dependent change if you ask me, some classes, IE HR skills descriptions say in COMBAT regenerate such and such hp, which is total bull**** now.

Even HR has a armor set, which does not regenerate hp either. Thanks!

Sorry let me edit this, when you deflect (which is while in combat) you get A CHANCE (which isnt 100%) to regenerate hp.

**** is broke!

I'm all for making the game harder, but forcing players into play-styles they are going over board. For me the game was difficult b4 anyways. For one I ain't got the time to play and find friends to always run dungeons, nor get the crazy gear ppl have. So I'll never see orange gear, or maxed out anything. Which I'm fine with. But don't make all the hard work I've already put into the game null, and invalid.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited April 2015

A further note:

"Gold is useless! Why should I have any gold at all? "

Devs came up with answers of used for Professions, used to buy a horse, used during Boons, and now use it to buy more Potions and Kits. This is a solution to a complaint of stagnant game economy using Gold. It is logical in that respect.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited April 2015

Well, my DC is now officially a mule. There is no way that I will drag her or any other alt through this hell -- no way, no how. Don't plan on seeing her again.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • bruceiferbruceifer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    So far (lev 64) the game is definitely harder, and in my personal opinion not as fun as it was. I play solo about 50% of the time and before the new mod I found bosses challenging but doable, and average mobs easy to blast through, which is how i liked it we are supposed to be heros after all. Now I'm having to stop and heal after every encounter. My GWF once loaded with dark enchantments in every defensive slot, used to seem heroic and powerful, only challenged by the most powerful of the servants of evil, now he seems squishy (I'm not real fond of being squishy).

I understand that some people desire a more challenging game than others, but I thought that was why we had epic encounters, and raids.
    Even if they do not go back to life steal and regen working as they used to, i would love to see some form of in combat healing again. While I haven't played the newer games, back when I played 1st and 2nd edition in table top there were life stealing swords (black razor for one), and rings of regen, etc. Even if they were rare items you had to pay for, I would .
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    https://youtu.be/fZH6M2d9vC0
    video of my regen powers...

4400+ regen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Mod6 changed nothing. Nothing.

[Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! TR deals 29676 (57854) Physical Damage to you with Lashing Blade.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.
  • crusherbeastcrusherbeast Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Well, my DC is now officially a mule. There is no way that I will drag her or any other alt through this hell -- no way, no how. Don't plan on seeing her again.

I am lvling alone by my dc. So far lvl 65 and i don't see much problems. Don't have to heal myself just 3 offensive encounters.
    Tairev-TR(All kind of killing tools)
    Asha-DC(Faithful-Anointed Champion)
    Vilgefortz-CW(Thaumaturge-balance)
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am lvling alone by my dc. So far lvl 65 and i don't see much problems. Don't have to heal myself just 3 offensive encounters.

Its ok if you playing with same mob level, but if you solo those old level 60 but pushed up to level 70 contents you will cry.
  • wisdomlesswisdomless Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Guys, question:

The TR executioner last feat says than taking damage will no longer interrupt my regeneration. But I also heard the feat is bugged but i don't know how it is bugged. I was planning on getting rgeen on my TR due to this feat, do you guys think I should do it?