test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Level 70 Black Ice Artifact Cloak and Belt are unrealistic.

traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
So when the patch first launched you had these for about 20,000 each.

250,000 x 2 at a cost of 500,000 compared to other artifacts is not realistic for a bind on pick up item.

As someone who actually did spend 200$ on the Black Ice pick, and multiple ones of the upgraded purple professions I will still barely be able to hit 250,000 at the patch launch and I did a lot of overfarming prior to this patch just to be safe.

Even with 3 purple grandmaster cryomancers and 4x purple assets in every slot thats still about 7.5 hours giving an average of 1500-1850. So 1675x3 or about 5000 every 7.5 hours, which is about 15,075 black ice a day approximately or 34 days of non stop black ice shaping which I don't think any rational person is willing to commit to.

My suggestion is to make each item 125,000 black ice each (250k total) it's still a large enough number to keep people from reusing it for artifact but still high enough that a dedicated player can accomplish in 17 days time.

Given that it's a green quality item and still needs to be upgraded, it seems a very poor design decision that such an item isn't worth the risk/reward.

And to the people claiming you can get said item through other means, the lvl 70 cloak and belt are not the level 60 belt and cloak. The greater one is only available from the vendor.

Thank you. :)
Post edited by traxsu on

Comments

• Options
    healaryhealary Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    traxsu wrote: »

And to the people claiming you can get said item through other means, the lvl 70 cloak and belt are not the level 60 belt and cloak. The greater one is only available from the vendor.

We haven't seemed what would be dropping from the new lockboxes yet... Realistically, I think that's the reason they are making the cost of these things so unrealistically high.
  • Options
    traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Linu's exchange rate is still 15 favors, which can essentially be gotten in a single day with the right amount of effort. A week at maximum. Plus it's hardly best in slot, considering the Lostmauth set has the potential for craziness with that crit based proc.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So when the patch first launched you had these for about 20,000 each.

250,000 x 2 at a cost of 500,000 compared to other artifacts is not realistic for a bind on pick up item.

As someone who actually did spend 200$ on the Black Ice pick, and multiple ones of the upgraded purple professions I will still barely be able to hit 250,000 at the patch launch and I did a lot of overfarming prior to this patch just to be safe.

Even with 3 purple grandmaster cryomancers and 4x purple assets in every slot thats still about 7.5 hours giving an average of 1500-1850. So 1675x3 or about 5000 every 7.5 hours, which is about 15,075 black ice a day approximately or 34 days of non stop black ice shaping which I don't think any rational person is willing to commit to.

My suggestion is to make each item 125,000 black ice each (250k total) it's still a large enough number to keep people from reusing it for artifact but still high enough that a dedicated player can accomplish in 17 days time.

Given that it's a green quality item and still needs to be upgraded, it seems a very poor design decision that such an item isn't worth the risk/reward.

+! this. dear dev dudes i implore u bring cost down
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    not to say cry me a river but the only set thats even mediocre for a GF or GWF has an artifact that only drops .00000001% of the time out of the DR mini dungeon AND is BoP so you cant even buy it from someone luckier than you like te beholder for the black ice set

so i would say just dont use the Black Ice set use one of the 3 other sets that will match your class ... you have that luxury
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    theoddis1 wrote: »
    not to say cry me a river but the only set thats even mediocre for a GF or GWF has an artifact that only drops .00000001% of the time out of the DR mini dungeon AND is BoP so you cant even buy it from someone luckier than you like te beholder for the black ice set

so i would say just dont use the Black Ice set use one of the 3 other sets that will match your class ... you have that luxury

true that re eye... ive talked to akro and devs a few times about this. #FREE EYE FTW
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    dodgo wrote: »
    true that re eye... ive talked to akro and devs a few times about this. #FREE EYE FTW

yea even though I already got lucky and got my E of L I know people who have run it every day since mod 2 and have spent upwards of 100+ star metal gauntlets and still no eye its ridiculous at least make that ish BoP
  • Options
    sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What's good about the black ice cloak and belt?
    Why would anyone want it?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    blacks good for ap gain n stats. belts meh, set bonus is meh
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Does anyone know if BI artifacts drop anywhere else? Because if they were a quest reward or some such, then an extreamly expensive alternative rout to aquire them would make sense.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    pile2000 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if BI artifacts drop anywhere else? Because if they were a quest reward or some such, then an extreamly expensive alternative rout to aquire them would make sense.

Nope, the Black Ice Beholder artifact has a chance to appear only in the chest at the end of KR, nowhere else.

On an not unrelated note, last week the Eye of Lathander artifact appeared in the DR coffer two days in a row for my GF. Pity it wasn't for the character who already has one at lvl 80-something. But seeing as we're getting a 3rd inactive slot for artifacts at lvl 70 I might as well use the Eye and chase up the 3-set bonus now.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    cyberdincyberdin Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Why such sadness?) 60 set of black ice is still almost nothing, I do not think that it is necessary to process a ton of ice that would be convinced of the futility set 70 levels.
  • Options
    matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I will still barely be able to hit 250,000 at the patch launch and I did a lot of overfarming prior to this patch just to be safe.

So just because you will not be able to get a BiS artifact at launch you are unsatisfied with the cost and propose a half price..ok..sounds reasonable...NOT. You are just an impatient player, as many many others and your impatience makes you anxious. I get that. I dont get that you should post this in the forums. A new module is coming which is supposed to extend the life of the game for months and you DEMAND to have a BiS artifact right on launch. Its simply outrageous and moderators should have just erased this post in the first place.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Do the math then, I'm not even factoring the cost of the new set bonuses, unlocking the black ice forge, or making the black ice gear. This is *just* the cloak and belt. If you want to cite that I'm complaining for the sake of it where's your evidence to back up your claim about how this isn't a worthless endeavor?

Gear in this game is broken up into 3 categories the way I see it.

Low grade (drops from quests and dailies)
    Mid grade (farmed, decent placeholders until you lock best in slot)
    High grade (Random dungeon drop/lockboxes/end of campaign)

When the High grade is easier to acquire then the Mid grade that is the argument I'm citing, the black ice gear is progression equipment it is not designed to be the best in slot end game pieces. It's the piece you get until you beat the monster that is RNG and then upgrade into it.

Sort of like current black ice vs profound. My argument is simple, the Profound set is easier to acquire along with some of the artifacts then the black ice gear is and that makes little to no sense from a standpoint of game balance.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    So far im not a fan of the whole new black ice crafting / farming in mod 6 the mobs in these areas are way to strong and and the amount of black ice needed for everything is crazzy
  • Options
    pile2000pile2000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Maybe the drop rate of black ice will be increased maybe even from all sources. Would have to be times 10 or more... It would make sense to make the campain go faster - or atleast less grindy - now that it is one of several.

What? It could happen...
  • Options
    walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    agreed, 250k is ridiculous. compare that to 15 linu's.... ?

it's like they fired everyone who had the slightest clue about this game
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    pile2000 wrote: »
    Maybe the drop rate of black ice will be increased maybe even from all sources. Would have to be times 10 or more... It would make sense to make the campain go faster - or atleast less grindy - now that it is one of several.

What? It could happen...

You get raw black ice it needs to be converted. The stop gap isn't the actual raw black ice you farm/gather/quest. It's the profession slots required to maintain and convert it that's the problem.
  • Options
    learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited April 2015
    so far i really see the pvp people got a huge advantage being able to buy new gear with old curancy
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    that's not the point. you can farm linus/black ice pre mod6 too.

point is, 250k Bi is not a realistic cost for 1 item! not even close. most BI gear costs 9-10k per pc. 250k is friggen 20x the cost!!
    Bi cloak should TOPS be 20k. pref. more like 15k. TOPS
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »
    so far i really see the pvp people got a huge advantage being able to buy new gear with old curancy

Completely irrelevant to this topic but thanks for beating the same horse.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    learch123 wrote: »

Except for the fact the PVP gear has worse stats than the PvE gear due to tenacity being calculated in its stat allocation. so while sure they can get their PvP optimal gear from farming, it's not going to hold up in PvE.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    rversant wrote: »
    Except for the fact the PVP gear has worse stats than the PvE gear due to tenacity being calculated in its stat allocation. so while sure they can get their PvP optimal gear from farming, it's not going to hold up in PvE.

Except wait for it... item level.

PVP gear can be instantly purchased at the highest rank, which I believe is item level 135. Gateway is messed up now so I can't check accurately without logging in.

135 has a lot of stats more then entry level raid/dungeon gear, which is blue and lousy. So rather then farming the hundreds and hundreds of seals, you get instant max level purples.

New entry level black ice gear conversely is only item level 122. Old Black Ice gear scores in at 116. So to be able to jump into the new Module with full PVP 135 item level even with tenacity will blow any regular gear out of the water, with higher stats overall regardless of the tenacity. Not to mention that the rogue duelist PVP set has ideal best in stat for the class, where some other pieces are 'oddly' stated.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    3OK per pieces is good. 250k is overkill
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    3OK per pieces is good. 250k is overkill

30k is too easy IMO. You can farm the "RAW" AD in 1 hour if you want. Then it takes a few days to refine.

Id say more like 60k-100k per piece may be more fair, it takes a while to refine this much.

Also getting better "refining" tasks so we can do more than what, 1800 at a time? I mean I have 4 gauntlets and thats even ALOT for me....
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    ayroux wrote: »
    30k is too easy IMO. You can farm the "RAW" AD in 1 hour if you want. Then it takes a few days to refine.

Id say more like 60k-100k per piece may be more fair, it takes a while to refine this much.

Also getting better "refining" tasks so we can do more than what, 1800 at a time? I mean I have 4 gauntlets and thats even ALOT for me....

The vast majority of us, I would bet, have only a single white gauntlet, which means 1350 BI twice a day perhaps. Refining my 100k+ raw BI is taking friggin ages.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    The vast majority of us, I would bet, have only a single white gauntlet, which means 1350 BI twice a day perhaps. Refining my 100k+ raw BI is taking friggin ages.

I still have 50k raw from 2 years ago or whatever IWD was current. I farmed enough to get all the items back then (bracer and weapon) and made a full set of corrupted BI gear. I have about 60k refined. I just quit refining after IWD was obsolete.

Again, why is a green level item, that also needs 100k's of RP to refine, cost 20-25 TIMES more than a max level purple item? WHY does the BI cloak cost 250k when the others are 15 Linu's? FFS you can get 15 Linus in a day, with some luck... I didn't even try and I have 18 Linus just from running that campaign task (I haven't set foot in Tiamat in months)... I can buy a new arty cloak on day one without even trying... but 250k BI? forget it... take me 6 months of doing nothing but farming IWD (bored of that 2 years ago) and refining.

IT'S STUPID, WRONG, AND SHOWS THE DEVS HAVE NO CLUE
  • Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »

And your also talking about BIS gear as well....

Im not sure how much guantlets cost, but I have a total of 4 of them (I think you get a white one for free?).

Also if you party up with another person, get a better pick, or venture to a pvp zone (not many people are ever there) you can net EASILY 20-30k in 1 hour of play. I farmed 30k last night casually running around getting raw BI.

If you want to get these items via blackice youll need to FARM it not just "passively get it"

The alternative would be what, Linus?

I dont think making it hard to get is a bad thing at all, but 250k is just SILLY. Maybe 250k RAW blackice would be more realistic.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I have the black ice set the bonus is weak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!