Install Arc
Options

Streaming your foundry quests!

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Great stream of Arena of Calimport.

You kind of caused your own increased difficulty due to rushing into the middle and aggroing ALL the mobs.
    If you stayed back at a distance, and then went to either side first, you could avoid aggro'ing the opposite side.

...and the Figurine of Wondrous power gives you an extra armored fighter golem. That would have helped some.

And of course, the Lich Queen "somehow" (Cryptic teleporting mobs!) getting outside her protective circle didn't help. It becomes harder and harder to coordinate things with Cryptic doing weird things to mob movements.
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Great stream of Arena of Calimport.

You kind of caused your own increased difficulty due to rushing into the middle and aggroing ALL the mobs.
    If you stayed back at a distance, and then went to either side first, you could avoid aggro'ing the opposite side.

...and the Figurine of Wondrous power gives you an extra armored fighter golem. That would have helped some.

And of course, the Lich Queen "somehow" (Cryptic teleporting mobs!) getting outside her protective circle didn't help. It becomes harder and harder to coordinate things with Cryptic doing weird things to mob movements.

Regardless, I really enjoyed it. I'm going back to get revenge later. I'll stream it :P
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    dohgohdohgoh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi can you stream my quest its called War is coming and is now up for review (or type in my name). If you do can you send me a igm when you will be streaming so i can watch you do my foundry.

a little preview of the story.

''Something strange is coming investigate your feelings and find the truth. Because nobody wants to believe you on your gut feeling. The time to act is now.'' short code is NW-DGDRMS2YM
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    dohgoh wrote: »
    Hi can you stream my quest its called War is coming and is now up for review (or type in my name). If you do can you send me a igm when you will be streaming so i can watch you do my foundry.

a little preview of the story.

''Something strange is coming investigate your feelings and find the truth. Because nobody wants to believe you on your gut feeling. The time to act is now.''

Consider it done! :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    okay, I finally managed to see the full playtrough of my quest "the castle gates" on youtube.
    First of all thanks a LOT for playing it and doing the stream, as an author what I most enjoy is seeing others play my quest, so being able to see your reactions to each part of it was really amazing for me.
    You were right about most of my grammatical mistakes, english isn't my first language (or second, for that matter) so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there. I try to always fix them but sometimes they slip without me noticing.
    I'm glad you enjoy exploring too, I put lots of extra easter eggs on my maps, and you found some of them, and missed many others ;)
    Again, thanks a lot for doing this, it means a lot to me, and I'm sure that it means a lot fo many other authors too!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    You were right about most of my grammatical mistakes, english isn't my first language (or second, for that matter) so I'm bound to make some mistakes here and there.

Wow. I've gotta say your english is probably better than many, many American's english.

Loved the interactivity in The Castle Gates as well.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    thanks Eldarth! I hope to see it featured sometime and see what others think of it!
    I have like 3 more quests that are close to finished, but The castle gates is one I had in the works for such a long time, it's great to see people have enjoyed it. :)
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Perhaps. :D

LOL! I started watching that link, and noticed my son in the background acting completely goofy! Ah kids!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Do you plan on posting any more to your YouTube channel? twitch.tv doesn't like my laptop.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Do you plan on posting any more to your YouTube channel? twitch.tv doesn't like my laptop.

Yes! Eventually I'll export all the streams/highlights over to our Youtube channel for safe keeping. :) Even with my subscription to Twitch Turbo, they only host the videos for 90 days, so Youtube is the more permanent solution. I'll be sure to upload something tonight, but right now I'm working on a little something for you guys. :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys! We are back, and streaming a new foundry "Warforged" in 10 minutes! See you there!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    *Cracks knuckles*

Someone call for a Necromancer?

I should be around tomorrow, so let me know a time and I'll try and put some mobs back in their graves. :cool:
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm usually most active on Sundays and evenings, I work every other day of the week. My day off aside from Sunday rotates every week (Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, so on...) so I am on during daytime hours sometimes. I also pop on briefly to invoke before leaving for work in the mornings. Just send me a message and I'll see if I can break away from what I'm doing to help anytime.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    *Cracks knuckles*

Someone call for a Necromancer?

I should be around tomorrow, so let me know a time and I'll try and put some mobs back in their graves. :cool:
    I'm usually most active on Sundays and evenings, I work every other day of the week. My day off aside from Sunday rotates every week (Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday, so on...) so I am on during daytime hours sometimes. I also pop on briefly to invoke before leaving for work in the mornings. Just send me a message and I'll see if I can break away from what I'm doing to help anytime.

Alright then, Sunday it is! Shall we say 6pm EST?
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Alright then, Sunday it is! Shall we say 6pm EST?

That should work -- I'm PST so that should work well.
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you have room for a warrior, I can be there :) Or, any other class, actually... but Nina is my main.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    lootpikelootpike Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey Gorn

Unfortunately i wasn't able to catch the stream live, due to being in another time zone, but i have checked it out the next day.

First i want to thank you very much for taking the time and trying out my quests and presenting them to the public. I enjoyed watching you play throughout the first 3 quests/acts.

And yes as you have noticed while playing, most of my quests are group oriented (or solo 17k+gs is recommended) due to large number of monsters and long tough fights. I carefully mixed together various kinds of monsters that have good synergy together and can present a good challenge for the player. Their positioning and powers were the key to constructing a challenging fight. They are meant to be hard and challenging. So seeing you die in your attempts, proved i did my job well. If the quests were easy the campaign would not deserve to be named Warforged. ;)

Also i would like to point this out. Since we foundry authors cannot modify HP of our monsters or bosses for that matter, the only way to make things harder and more challenging is by grouping large groups of monsters together.
    I really hope that the option of HP modification will be available in the foundry some day in the future. (I've been waiting for it since beta.) HP modification would give us so much more room to make better more challenging boss fights and encounter fights as well.

About ACT 2: Witchcraft
    I noticed those typos in the dialog some time back, but i was unable to fix them and then republish the quest, because of the summoning portal issue that was going on at that time. And since my main quest objective was destroying the portals i couldn't remove them from the quest. So i had to leave the quest as it was. But a week ago they posted that in M6 they will re-implement back the fixed versions of summoning portals, so i will be able to fix the typos and swap the old portals with these new versions and republish the quest then.

About ACT 3: Skyrise
    I will add a portal on the bottom of the map near the ship like you suggested, so players can come back up if they get knocked off the cliffs. Skyrise was my first map i created 18 months back when i started making foundries. But soon after i finished the whole map, i discovered that we authors cannot place Death planes in a foundry. Meaning...when your character falls down from a cliff or another high ground, landing on the death plane would kill him. And since we can't place death planes the whole idea of falling down from a high distance and dying on impact didn't work as planned. Yet another thing i would really like to see implemented in a foundry some day (death planes). So i agree with you completely a portal on the ground is the best bypass solution for this problem right now.

Again thank you for playing my quests and i'm looking forward to watching you guys do the rest of the acts from the Warforged campaign.

P.S.
    Stock up on those health potions and injury kits before you leave PE :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Well, lootpike, it appears I've rallied the troops for tonight's stream. I am looking forward to murdering your "well placed, synergized" mobs. :D

As for our team, Eldarth, Tipa, and Ian Darksword, see you tonight! Blades sharpened!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lootpike wrote: »
    ...About ACT 3: Skyrise
    I will add a portal on the bottom of the map near the ship like you suggested, so players can come back up if they get knocked off the cliffs. Skyrise was my first map i created 18 months back when i started making foundries. But soon after i finished the whole map, i discovered that we authors cannot place Death planes in a foundry. Meaning...when your character falls down from a cliff or another high ground, landing on the death plane would kill him. And since we can't place death planes the whole idea of falling down from a high distance and dying on impact didn't work as planned. Yet another thing i would really like to see implemented in a foundry some day (death planes). So i agree with you completely a portal on the ground is the best bypass solution for this problem right now.

A thought for you if you want to go a bit more than a ground portal...

You could put down a thick fog layer over the ground. Then the ground could be sort of an "afterlife" or between lives area.

If you have some NPCs and path nodes you could add a few "ghost" NPCs down there that would "direct" the player to where their "deceased" body lies, and then interacting with an invisible clicky portal teleport them back onto te ship.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    WARFORGED by @lootpike

If you missed the stream, you missed an epic time! Tonight, a group of amazing Foundry Authors banded together to explore the deepest pits to highest peaks in order to destroy some of the most powerful, and enormous creatures ever seen!

Thanks again to @iandarksword, @eldarth, @tipa, and @valcontar73 for the amazing adventure!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    lootpikelootpike Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey

Once again i would like to thank all of you guys (Gornonthecob, Iandarksword, Eldarth, Tipa, Valcontar) for taking the time to play my Warforged campaign. I had a blast watching you guys play. I hope you enjoyed the quests as much as i had fun creating them. When people have fun playing the quests and enjoy the content you made all those months of work really pay off. :)

I wish the detail count in foundries was not capped at 1700 details/map (up from 1500), otherwise i would have put even more detail in all my quests. All my maps have 1700 details in them. They are maxed out detail wise. And 1700 cap was not quite enough for me in most cases. I had to carefully plan and place each detail and count them along the way, so i could spread them evenly throughout the terrain and not exceed the limit.

So the lesson i have learned when making custom maps is...It's better to use smaller size maps where 1700 details can be enough to satisfy your needs. While larger maps would need a lot more then 1700 details to be properly detailed, in my opinion. I hope the cap gets raised in the future.

I have to say, I do miss the option of sharing the foundries that we do, with other foundry authors. Unified projects i mean, where a group of foundry makers could do the foundries together and we could share our editor maps/project. One would do the map while the other one would do the story etc. I'm not good at making lore and story lines myself and if i could make the maps and the environment and some other author could make up the storyline that goes along with it, that would be wonderful. We could do wonders if we could join forces in making foundries together. Yet another thing Cryptic could start considering in the future. Joint Foundry projects.

I can only imagine how big Neverwinter world could become when us players could do the pvp maps, guild castles, skirmishes and even dungeons themselves.
    We could have pvp maps for capture the flag, domination, team death match, free for all...you name it.
    Custom made guild castles with merchant shops, living quarters, training dummies and even mini bazaar where people could hang out and talk/roleplay.
    And guild events. Events that would enable guild vs guild, type skirmishes like: storming the castle, defending the fortress, last man standing-mass guild vs guild battle (25vs25 players) on the battlefield.
    And last but not least, player made skirmishes and dungeons. Imagine that...every month 2 best player designed dungeons that would win the dungeon contest, would be added to the list of dungeons in-game. Dungeons that would drop, r5-r6 runes, marks of potency, refinement stones, preservation wards and tons of other items that could be useful to all players, while still not be game breaking at the same time. A world of possibilities exists in a foundry. It is without a doubt one of the greatest tools ever introduced in a MMO type game and yet it's not living up to it's true potential. Such a waste.

Btw, if you ever need a partner in arms to do the PVE dungeon runs (i don't do pvp), let me know i will be happy to join you guys in some dungeon delving. My in-game name is Gro'Tak@lootpike. You can add me on your friends list and call me if you ever need me.

Have fun everybody and see you around.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    that would be indeed amazing lootpike, sadly the devs don't seem to agree, or simply they don't care enough
    I'd love to build maps for others to make amazing stories on them, stories aren't my strong point at all.
    Also being able to actually build dungeons and stuff where people can get real rewards would be incredible, a dream come true for many of us foundry authors.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Buehler?
    ...Buehler?
    ......Ferris Buehler??

Foundry is back online and (most?) quests are re-published.
    There are Dwarven keeps in need of heroes! Where's our twitch master? :cool:
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Hey hey! Thanks for the kick in the butt, Eldarth.
    With the Foundry being down, it was an opportunity to take a break from streaming and focus on Module 6.
    Now that the newness has worn off, I'll be back
    this Sunday @ 7pm EST (4pm PST) to tackle "The Bone Idol" series by kithlis!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    awesome! I'll be sure to watch it, I love your reviews.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    awesome! I'll be sure to watch it, I love your reviews.

Thanks! I really do have a lot of fun exploring the foundry quests you guys create! So many neat ideas!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    So, um, where's the updated schedule on original post?
    Huh? Where is it? Huh? Huh? poke - poke - poke. ;)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I know I've asked this before, but any chance of posting some reviews to Youtube? twitch doesn't like my OS.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured