test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regeneration and Life Steal Changes

2»

Comments

• kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was thinking maybe they were not selling very many full heal potions, so they took away regen and nerfed lifesteal to force us to use potions every fight. The only heal potions that are any good are the full heal versions. With a character at 40K health the pots that give you 9K heal isnt good enough.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's quite bold to have chosen to dramatically increase the damage we receive and at the same time remove a big chunk of our self-healing ability. Making just one of these changes might have been wiser.

All of these types of games thrive on providing lots of fairly easy stuff to do. Stuff where you *mostly* get away with minor errors and misjudgements, where you *mostly* get away with sub-optimal builds and where you will typically only wipe if you accidentally aggro more than one mob or if you blunder into an HE (I'm talking about non-dungeon stuff here).

If the dailies and normal stuff become too difficult, it will drive away many of the casual players. If I find I constantly need a healer alongside me (companion or player) it will make it less fun. I only play for fun and it's not much fun to be struggling to survive in every single fight and to be burning up potions faster than you can earn them.

Casual players are the backbone of the game. They may not spend much real money but they keep the game populated and alive. So I'm waiting to see how mod 6 feels when it eventually hits live.
  • ablettoabletto Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2015
    So those who've played preview, or even just to think about in general, the question becomes what is a worth-while investment for defensive bonuses?

It should be feasible for every char to get 75-100k HP or so with new sets. So what will everyone be putting in their defensive slots? Surely an extra 750 - 1.2k HP (in mod 6) is a mundane boost to survivability. Is pushing your HP from 100k to 110k really going to be worth it? Sounds like not.

So what then, more Life Steal? Should we work in deflect?

And as somebody already said, stats work individually for different classes. I'm thinking we're going to need new guides to survivability in every class forum.
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    as it stand right now most classes will have a tuff time of it in mod 6 the bis toons out there will be ok for most of the content but anyone with a gs of less than 15k now will be hurting bad in mod 6 i really hope the devs do somthing here to help the average toons like lower the defencive curve as it is now its to steep for newer players
  • xantos79xantos79 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm not very high with 19k gs but is struggle a lot, the new-ish ppl or they with actual 15k or low GS are hit back
  • alkemist80alkemist80 Member Posts: 957 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    abletto wrote: »
    So those who've played preview, or even just to think about in general, the question becomes what is a worth-while investment for defensive bonuses?

So what then, more Life Steal? Should we work in deflect?

Currently on preview, for HR level 70 gear shown in the collections journal, each piece of gear is pushed towards the defense stat. They completely took out deflection for HR(!?) and forcing us to stack defense. The only piece I saw that had deflection was a belt.

Feels like it's HP and defense being shoved down our throats. I wouldn't say LS is obsolete, as endless consumption can be huge when it works, but it's something you can't bank on either.
    Banshee (Devotion Justice Oathbound Paladin) - Crueladevil (Soulbinder Damnation Scourge Warlock) - Sindania Balefire (Master Infiltrator Trickster Rogue)

werewolf.jpg
  • magnusolammagnusolam Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 82
    edited March 2015
    The obvious answer is to keep things as they are for players who are soloing and switch to the new 'healer required' method for players when they group up (so groups need a healing character or characters, but solo players don't).
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    alkemist80 wrote: »
    Currently on preview, for HR level 70 gear shown in the collections journal, each piece of gear is pushed towards the defense stat. They completely took out deflection for HR(!?) and forcing us to stack defense. The only piece I saw that had deflection was a belt.

Feels like it's HP and defense being shoved down our throats. I wouldn't say LS is obsolete, as endless consumption can be huge when it works, but it's something you can't bank on either.

I'm one of those unusual HR's who already stacks defense and regen to Hades and gone instead of lifesteal. Now that regen will be useless in combat (and I don't care WHAT the devs say, it WILL), I've been planning to chase the defense stat to the absolute maximum.

And then, of course, in mod 7 they'll stir the pot some more to make us ****-can our stat setup all over again.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured