test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamond X Zen too long

ofnieslafofnieslaf Member Posts: 381 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
with the current zax being clogged, i dont mind waiting... so whats the time? 4-5 days?

i finally reached my goal of having enough ad for an account wide mount.. been saving for months.

regards
Post edited by ofnieslaf on

Comments

• thevalenzthevalenz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It has been 7 months since the Astral Diamond Exchange was put on review by this article
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?719681-Neverwinter-Security-Update-07-31-14

Yet, to this date their still is not any listing of players to buy from on the buy tab. and the sell tab shows that millions of zen are available but you can never buy them.

I have tried making listings for 496 astral d per zen, nothing every completes.
    I have tried making listings for 500 astral d per zen, and it also never completes the order.

So there are 4+ million zen listed for 500 astral d per zen, so the system should be ready to give me the zen I am trying to purchase.

when will this be resolved?

~Midnight
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    4M are the requested zen from all the players, not the zen available
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    more like a week
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    And getting longer each day. So, anyone left who still thinks this backlog is normal and connected to mod 6?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got a order filled yesterday that was placed almost 6 days before .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, it's normal, and will dissolve fairly quickly after the 04/07/14...
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Mod 6 better have some serious AD sinks then, because it's people farming gigantic amounts of the stuff that broke the ZAX so badly.
    Artificer.jpg
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Approximately 1 day per million back log. Maybe a little more.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    azahron wrote: »
    Mod 6 better have some serious AD sinks then, because it's people farming gigantic amounts of the stuff that broke the ZAX so badly.

Its not that, people have been AD farming from the very start. There was only one other time the ZAX backlogged this badly, and it had nothing to do with farming.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Its not that, people have been AD farming from the very start. There was only one other time the ZAX backlogged this badly, and it had nothing to do with farming.

It has everything to do with people not selling zen. It's not that hard to grasp, if people used to sell ~1.2 mil zen per day and now ~500k then you will have more than twice the backlog you had earlier with the same demand. simple, really..

I can't figure why is it so hard to divide the backlog at the day of the order by the number of days it takes to fulfill an order and get the turnover. So arguments can be based on something resembling data and not some conjectures.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have 20K zen just sitting around. It's been sitting around for a couple weeks.

I'd love to buy a truckload of AD. But I haven't.

Because Mod 6.

New Mod means new stuff in the Zen Market; we already know there will be a Paladin booster pack and some other goodies. Possibly new mounts and certainly new companions and whatnot. So I have 20k sitting in my account waiting for the exact same reason you want to convert your AD into Zen: the Zen Market and what shinies it will bring.

So if my Zen is sitting around waiting for Mod 6 launch, could it possibly be that a lot of other players with truckloads of Zen are doing the same? And as I await Mod 6 - I'm also holding off on character investments as I'll need new gear and so on for the new level cap to 70, so I'm not spending AD in the AH right now; this has caused me to save up 8 million so far (I earn an average of a million a week) - so there's another reason I'm not buying AD. But even if I didn't already have that Zen, for the exact same reasons: why would I buy it?

I'm not saying every other scenario is the same as mine, but close enough basically. And the Devs also know very, very well the economy is also slowing in anticipation of the new Mod - and I'm sure they feel the pressure, too.

In a nutshell: for now I would blame the impending launch of Mod 6 for the current state of ZAX exchange rates and backlogs. Not the entire cause of course, but a large part of it.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    any ideas? ive been waitin a few days. cant remember when i put it in.. anyway to see?

more importantly, how long?
  • rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Typically 1 mil is 1-3 days, so 5.5 give or take a couple days, 12 days. But completely depends on the community and then what type of things are happening in the economy, like sales, events, etc. Its not just player driven like most want you to believe, there are outside factors that can affect it.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas
  • drakcertdrakcert Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Been trying to buy zen with Ad from the discount, Character slot, it had forgotten until now to review and have not gotten anything happens you need to buy 5000 to be sold?
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Here we go again... I hate stupid inflation and the AD hoarders that convert to zen in anticipation of a new mod. All it does is mess up the economy even more.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm just trying to get some extra character slots right now as all mine are currently used. I don't wanna delete anyone for a pally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • midnightitamidnightita Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zshikara wrote: »
    I'm just trying to get some extra character slots right now as all mine are currently used. I don't wanna delete anyone for a pally.

Same here. And I'm waiting for my 500 zen since 6 days now.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a few days after Mod 6 launch it'll be back again, because the wallet whales will want to get new shineys from AH. So, patience, young Padawan...

...and as a reward for your patience, you'll probably get even nicer prices than 500 AD / ZEN, as then the RL-well-off might even want more AD than the current backlog contains. So, wait and win...
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    sockmunkey wrote: »

I hope you and the Sprite are right, since that would mean things will improve in a while.
    It could be just Mod 6, since I don't think there's an exploit going around to create an overabundance of AD to drain the ZAX. I'm personally on a break from the game as well. Although I never sell Zen, so technically my absence is good. One less buyer on the ZAX. :P
    Artificer.jpg
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    There is a huge backlog of people trying to get Zen for AD. Right now taking about a week. I put some up 5 days ago. If you need Zen soon either spend money or do surveys.
  • jondbxjondbx Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think the backlog this time is due to too many people quitting and thus there is a very low supply of Zen. Even when the backlog was only 500K it took longer to fill than it should have. Back when the backlog was over 12M it was filling over 1M a day, but there was a bottomless supply of AD back then.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It is most likely due to the many infamous - "leadership armies", clogging up the exchange. I'd do the same, if i could generate 5 million + AD / week, out of thin air (not). Cryptic should do something about leadership, since it clearly isn't too healthy for the game's economy. It's like printing money, at home... which the government doesn't really allow and Cryptic are our government.

• rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The problem is people are sitting on their zen, period. I am one of them. I'm sitting on 20K and not selling it because the module is coming up. If the module had been released on time, everyone would have bought their new stuff from the zen shop and the backlog would have been going down, but it got pushed back.

Relax and stop freaking out about the economy being 'broken'. It's not. This happens before modules and is only worse than usual now because of the unexpected delay. No one knows how much zen we'll need for the new module packs, so we're keeping it all, until the module drops, to be sure we have enough. That's it.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The problem is people are sitting on their zen, period. I am one of them. I'm sitting on 20K and not selling it because the module is coming up. If the module had been released on time, everyone would have bought their new stuff from the zen shop and the backlog would have been going down, but it got pushed back.

Relax and stop freaking out about the economy being 'broken'. It's not. This happens before modules and is only worse than usual now because of the unexpected delay. No one knows how much zen we'll need for the new module packs, so we're keeping it all, until the module drops, to be sure we have enough. That's it.

Same here, I'm holding onto zen untill the new lockbox and new items are released, as I want too see if theres anything I want. it also stops me from wasting my AD pre mod 6.

Thats the idea of the exchange. its so they can say you "CAN" get anything in the game without spending money, but you're going to have to wait in the normal line while people who spend the cash have the express lane to the checkout. (and probably have an army of alts farming leadership to even afford the zen in the first place) Imagine an entire f2p player. 1 character with 20 leadership. and they do their dailies every day. they can make up too 48 zen a day if they refine 24k a day. thats up too 1460 zen a month if they refine 24k a day and always ask for the zen. so about $15 worth of zen.

If they make their second character up to the same (24k a day) they can essentially get 2920 zen a month. This sounds pretty decent. but it is at the requirement that the player plays enough to hit the 24k refinement cap every single day of the month, as well as has an understanding of leadership and is able to get into groups for the daily dungeon etc.

Leadership needs more of a tutorial for players I think, it needs a strong explanation that it is one of the most used ways to make money, I've met people who joined in the last 6-7 months who had never leveled it up seeing it as being too slow or not rewarding enough, and instead opted for mailsmithing or leatherworking (for their class armor) and severely gimped their ability to make AD when they needed it.

I remember I was bored once and saw a 8k rogue in greens and blues in the trade of blades. so I ran to the AH and bought him an average set of purples. he said he'd been trying to earn enough for a set with a bonus for the last few weeks but kept having to spend the little AD he made on campaign progress and other sinks (he never got into dungeon groups because he was "too weak" and had trouble with campaigns.)
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Nobody sane should spend real money for ZEN right now so all you'll get is some ZEN from people who already have it. And just maybe those people would rather keep it for own use in mod 6

So I shouldn't spend real money on ZEN right now because I'll be buying it from someone who already has ZEN? So they can keep it? OK guy....
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm also stockpiling Zen and AD for the new mod. It's nothing sinister, I just want to be in a position to buy new stuff if it looks interesting. It's also worth noting that there is still plenty of time to convert AD to Zen before Mod 6. Get the order in soon (at 500 AD per zen, obviously) and then forget about it for a week or so.

To the OP:
    You've spent months saving for your mount. Wait another 3 or 4 weeks before you spend that AD. The exchange will probably unblock and you may get more Zen for your AD. And there might even be a new mount or two to choose from.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yep - indeed. It is the typical glut before the mod release . . .
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ericandshannaericandshanna Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am new to this game and looking into buying ZEN with diamonds. Do people even sell ZEN? How many diamonds does 1ZEN cost? Any help would be great, ever time I look it does not show any offers
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Currently, 1 Zen costs 500AD. You can put in an order and it will take about a week to get it. People do sell it, but with Mod 6 coming out, far more people are buying it.