test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: The Fiery Pit

rngwizrngwiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Greetings Adventurers!
As part of this preview build, we’re releasing another new post-level 60 adventure zone: The Fiery Pit! Some of you may remember visiting Gauntlgrym before, but we’ve completely reworked part of the zone with new enemies, new quests, a new story, and more! Elemental Evil threatens the dwarves of Gauntlgrym, bent on causing fiery destruction using whatever means necessary. The Fiery Pit is aimed at players level 64 and above, and contains level 65-67 content.

Access
Players who are at least level 64 can access the Fiery Pit by completing the Elemental Evil introductory story quest, then speaking to Archdruid Morningdawn in Protector’s Enclave and accepting the quest “The Fiery Pit.”

Features
  • Quests – Players can experience level 65-67 story driven quests, several of which provide new level 65+ item rewards.
  • Vigilance Tasks – The Fiery Pit includes 45 Vigilance Task quests—repeatable quests, which become available at the top of every hour. These Vigilance Tasks are unlocked after progressing through the main story for each new area.
  • Heroic Encounters – Several new challenging Heroic Encounters occur throughout the Fiery Pit. Stop duergar from rattling the foundation of the caverns with stolen explosive concoctions, defeat the mounted Blazing Cavalry, battle with the seemingly indestructible Fire Scorpion Emberclaw, and stop insane cultists from waking an ancient imprisoned primordial!

Known Issues
  • Enemy Models – While the enemies you face in the Fiery Pit will be attacking you with appropriate powers and behaviors, some of them may not have their appropriate appearances. At this stage on Preview you will be looking at some familiar looking foes.
  • Balance – The balance of some Heroic Encounters is still being tuned. Some may be more difficult or easier than intended. We’re interested in hearing your thoughts.

Feedback Desired
We are interested in your opinions of the environment, enemies, quests and really anything you find in the Fiery Pit. Of course we are also very eager to hear about any bugs or progression blockers you may encounter.

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
(Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)

Examples:
Bug: Quest: Duergar Task Force
I completed the “Mushroom Medic” Vigilance Task, but did not get credit for it in the Duergar Task Force Quest.

I wish there were more duergar traitors. I had trouble finding enough to defeat.

Not enough stuff was on fire. Where’s all the fire? I wish everything was more on fire. I wish I could light stuff on fire. No one ever lets me light anything on fire. (note: this type of feedback is less helpful, and may make us question the validity of said feedback. Also, please don’t ever light anything on fire that shouldn’t be on fire.)

Now, get out there and have fun with it! Let us know what you think!
Post edited by rngwiz on

Comments

• voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited February 2015
    This looks like super fun cant wait
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Any chance of Reclamation Rock while you're at it? Or is that a higher level zone?
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    What are the chances of PCs having more opportunities to light stuff on fire?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Like the other new zones, you cannot actually get there.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: After entering any of the new zones you immediately get teleported back to Protector's Enclave.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    BUG: After entering any of the new zones you immediately get teleported back to Protector's Enclave.

Same. meet the Lv requirement.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Up now. It's the GG map. Nice so far a HE actually killed me which was pleasant.
  • zetahatatezetahatate Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: The Cistern

After the fight with Vanifer as well as rescuing the Delzoun Dwarf there, the quest doesn't complete, simply resetting from the beginning.
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: Rescuing the Spy

Many of the miners that you set free attack you. I guess that makes sense since some of them are Duergar. However, after you free them many times you cannot target them. I could only kill them with AoE attacks. Also I can see that they're hostile and going to attack me before I set them free. If we're trying to be realistic, I would never free hostile enemies that I know are going to immediately attack me.

Edit: Also, the chest reward for this quest was a Level 6 Adventurer's Talisman that gives +16 power. This is probably a placeholder for something. But please don't forget to update it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    Bug: Rescuing the Spy

Many of the miners that you set free attack you. I guess that makes sense since some of them are Duergar. However, after you free them many times you cannot target them. I could only kill them with AoE attacks. Also I can see that they're hostile and going to attack me before I set them free. If we're trying to be realistic, I would never free hostile enemies that I know are going to immediately attack me.

Edit: Also, the chest reward for this quest was a Level 6 Adventurer's Talisman that gives +16 power. This is probably a placeholder for something. But please don't forget to update it.

the quest giver apologizes for those who were "less than thankful" for the rescue, when u hand in a quest, dunno its the correct quest, forgot the name

if its true then its a nice feature
    Paladin Master Race
    edited February 2015
    there is not enough mithril ingot spawns for quest services rendered, it takes a lot of running and spawn camping to get 15, or they should drop from mobs

Scrolls and flames for controlled burn should stack, its annoying to get both then burn, then get another pair...

not all rewards seem to be sorted out, i got some green gauntlets with lvl 61 req and lvl 62 req neck, its a 65+ zone

The searing sentinels - you dont get credit for fire giant guards for the forgecallers patrolling the marked territory, got credit for the giants by killing demolitionists for "Rocks Fall" HE

Controlled burn - map markers dont disappear after you complete the task, before you hand in

after taking Torch bearer i started getting quest item "Fire Strider Saddle" drops, they arent required for any quests(descriptions) i have, but the tooltip says "used for quest Torch bearer", edit: they are used for "Saddle Down" and do count for quest completion

"Fire Strider Saddle" are removed from inventory when wrongly dropped for Torch bearer(after finishing quest), but arent removing after completing "Saddle Down"

Spiker striker doesnt have quest description

summoning for Target: Nuria Pyrellis doesnt work, she respawns instantly after death without any summoning

its also flickering between "You are now fighting at level 70" and "You are now fighting at level 68" in a lot of places

The plumbing job - after fixing 10 pipes the quest is shown as completed, but map markers for other leaks are still shown on map and you can fix them, then they disappear, same issue with Financial Tracking

The plumbing job - i finished the quest 1st time few hours ago, now im unable to interact with leaks when i got the quest for 2nd time, for plumbing job i didnt activate all leaks(leaving few map markers active), for Financial tracking that had similar bug (previous paragraph), i activated all boxes and i can do it for 2nd time(maybe its all caused by a single bug, like i didnt clear all markers for plumbing job though i did finish the ques and quest has different requirements for quest log and map and got tagged in some weird way when its completed on quest log but not completed on map level)

Contained explosion - when taking the quest from npc the Objective is show as "Participate and succeed in Feeding the fire/font heroic encounter"

zetahatate wrote: »
    Bug: The Cistern

After the fight with Vanifer as well as rescuing the Delzoun Dwarf there, the quest doesn't complete, simply resetting from the beginning.
    same here, also there might be some problems with cutscene after killing Vanifer- it makes no sense it goes to the point where smth is shining and then theres black screen for smth like 5 sec

seems to be same for all quests there
    Paladin Master Race
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited February 2015
    Bug: The Cistern map (Angry Waters quest)
    If you fall off the ramp into the water, you don't die and you can't get out of the water. You become trapped.

Vanifer's Fire Ball attack was one-shotting me, which was fine, except the red warning splat was appearing after the hit, not before. Is the intent that the player dodge by watching her casting animation? I got hit both times she cast it at me, but didn't get a third chance since I got trapped in the water on the way back from the campfire as described above.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    edited February 2015
    catche on delivery - one spot is bugged, it gives you Equipment crate, but doesnt add it to quest log, so you can have 15 boxes and quest progress is shown as 7/8, on map its the one above "Merchant district" map marker with 2 Striders near it
    Paladin Master Race
  • ndainyendainye Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bug/Feedback - Emberclaw/Geyser Samples

Emberclaw (multi-player HE) spawns directly on top of the geyser objectives for Geyser Samples (Vigilance). I believe one of these should be moved.
  • rngwizrngwiz Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey all, awesome feedback so far! Thanks!

Any more thoughts on the Heroic Encounters in the Fiery Pit?
    edited March 2015
    rngwiz wrote: »
    Hey all, awesome feedback so far! Thanks!

Any more thoughts on the Heroic Encounters in the Fiery Pit?

I really like the HE that requires you to move the boss onto the geysers in order for him to become vulnerable. It's good to see creative boss mechanics like that implemented. Much better than ones where you just "go here and kill X number of enemies."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    So are all new maps from this module revised versions from old maps? I don't have any trouble with some alternative versions but having ALL new maps being old places seems kind of lazy.
    although I have only seen the first one, did the other maps change more than the one from Blackdagger ruins?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    So are all new maps from this module revised versions from old maps? I don't have any trouble with some alternative versions but having ALL new maps being old places seems kind of lazy.
    although I have only seen the first one, did the other maps change more than the one from Blackdagger ruins?

Spinward Rise is totally new.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ah, awesome! at least a completely new area, I'm glad! Thanks for clarifying that!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited March 2015

The Mithral Ingots for this task are fairly well hidden and it takes quite a while to find 15 of them. I would suggest making this 10 or 8. It's a pain.

Bug: Services Rendered

The Mithral Ingot at (558,927) is stuck in geometry of the level and cannot be interacted with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

In order to complete this I need to do 15 "Vigilance Tasks." The problem is that almost all of the quests in this area are labeled "Vigilance Tasks" and only a few of them actually count toward the Burning Heart Task Force completion. I've now done ~20 Vigilance tasks, but am only at 4/15. There's no way to tell which tasks count and which do not. This is very frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

I can't decide whether I like this HE or not. On the one hand, these enemies are extremely obnoxious. You face 3 at a time and they run all over the place. And if you ever don't close the distance on one it will just incessantly pelt you with spears. But you can't stay near all three so you're under constant, heavy attack. They also break control way, way too quickly. Makes surviving very tough. After dying a few times I just barely beat three of them before the HE ended. The HE requires 15? Ouch. Not fun. On the other hand it will probably be a lot more palatable to do that with a group of people where you can spread out and chase them down. You may want to give a closer spawn point after dying because it is a long, long run to get back to the HE after death.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015

I get 5 buckets of water to put out 5 fires. If one of my buckets of water "misses" or doesn't register as hitting the target I have to run back to the beginning of the level to get more water. That's a little annoying. Especially since you have to pretty much stand in the fire to ensure you hit the target. Maybe give us a little more water? So one or two misses doesn't mean a bunch of running?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited March 2015
    Bug: Chests at the end of quests

Developers should do a pass and make sure that all of the chests at the end of zones unlock after the quest has been completed. I've noticed several times where I finish a zone, a chest is sitting there, but I'm instructed to go though a portal instead of opening it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    Drop rate on the mithral ingots is too small, recommendation adding it to the NPC's in the area to drop. Currently I killed over 100 NPC's searching for them to get 5. Not worth the effort.

iaAuGKA.png
  • traxsutraxsu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 51
    edited March 2015
    abaddon523 wrote: »

In order to complete this I need to do 15 "Vigilance Tasks." The problem is that almost all of the quests in this area are labeled "Vigilance Tasks" and only a few of them actually count toward the Burning Heart Task Force completion. I've now done ~20 Vigilance tasks, but am only at 4/15. There's no way to tell which tasks count and which do not. This is very frustrating.

This. I found I managed about 6 per cycle. So you're looking at a minimum of 3 cycles to clear each section. Thats 3 hours per section, a total of 9 hours of questing continuously to clear the map.

The alternative is you do both this and the Sky zone after it simultaneously to compensate for the hour long wait. Sadly there is likely no good solution for this, save to tell people to do both areas because it's effected by the new design. IMHO 2 cycles per map should be the standard however. 2 hours, 3 quest hubs, 6 hours total.
  • cowboy7481cowboy7481 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Quest : Services Rendered

it's 25 ingots needed, i've found 24.. they are scattered EVERYWHERE! even on top of the roof of the grand hall, around the edges of the towers overlooking the 3rd level but accesable from the second level. etc.. on edges of stairs... it's hard to find and i still cannot find #25
This discussion has been closed.