test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

no more need or greed

kabinoleskabinoles Member Posts: 229 Arc User
I was on dev tracker and I read that every body will get his/her personal drop when they down the boss(if the boss drop something)
so that will be no more greed runs and no more calling ppl ninja,that will be great
now we can play in peace and have more friends
I hope this will be in mod 6
you guyz can go on dev tracker and read it ,maybe I am wrong what I have read (english is not my first language)
the designer guy was talking about seals and he drop it

edit:good ,so I read it good than
that will be awesome
now we can sing cumbaja and hold hands
Post edited by kabinoles on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Someone in the preview forums was reporting that yes, dungeon loot is now personal and there's no more rolling on stuff. As for boss drops, not everyone got something every time, but again it was all for you, which probably means a net increase in dungeon loot...and no more ninjas or people being jerks to newbies about loot.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • learch123learch123 Member Posts: 514 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    whats even better is no need to stop and roll as your running in a fight
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A new way to drop prices to 0 and make dungeons worthless? Awesome just pvp even this mod xD
  • vaelynxvaelynx Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I hope it doesn't mean everything is gonna be BoP.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Aw, man. Now we're gonna see folks being kicked because the others merely *suspect* that they got the good loot.

"Buddy, did you get the epic?"
    "No, Bubba, I shore didn't"
    "Well, hell, it musta been that guy. Let's get rid of him before he steals something else from us...."
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    A new way to drop prices to 0 and make dungeons worthless? Awesome just pvp even this mod xD

in case the drops are BoP , but still a good change !
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Bummer, I just got my Ninja outfit back from the cleaners. Now all the screamin will return to playin styles and waiting for everyone to check all the dropped loot. :rolleyes:
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    henry404 wrote: »
    Aw, man. Now we're gonna see folks being kicked because the others merely *suspect* that they got the good loot.

It's not randomly give to one person. It's randomly given to each person. You could kill a boss and EVERYONE gets a drop, or no one.

That's the entire point...no one is "stealing" another person's loot.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    there is not enough information yet to determine whether this will be good or bad.

I do like the idea of not having to roll on drops. however, will this be the case for ALL drops? do we no longer EVER see a loot roll in this game?

i'm ok with no more loot rolls as long as there are still ways to get and sell things on the ah. sometimes I don't feel like having to do a billion quests to hopefully get a mark of potency in order to level up something. and I also enjoy selling things occasionally.

ARe they trying to make it so that dungeon drops are all BoP and individualized, which means now the only things you can sell are things you get from lockboxes and such?

It would certainly be in the same vein of recent decisions. meaning, the quest for more money propels game changes.

but, there is not enough information here to make that determination. hopefully, it is just a case of individual BoE drops. to me, that would be best case scenario.
  • untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If it is randomized but not personalized to the class, then hopefully the items or BoA!! Otherwise hopefully they pull the 24k RAD limit.
  • henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    It's not randomly give to one person. It's randomly given to each person. You could kill a boss and EVERYONE gets a drop, or no one.

Yeah, but the baying mob will not see it that way. They'll figure that someone else must have got the prize and are not admitting it. Any excuse to bully and/or abuse...

But, yes, a good change if it makes it to live.
  • kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited March 2015

ecxactly , like in the end of tiamat . ;)
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    That's their effing problem. Besides, and this goes mainly for PuGs, I am in no way obliged to show you my drop if I got any. If they want to kick people and risk being a guy short on the boss based on guesswork, I say let them. Let's see how long it'll take before they are forced to pug everything. Until most of the players are BiS again, I don't think people will want to take that risk.

Personally I find this change a good one. I can't seem to locate any post about it, but I'd love to see this go live.

I was the one who reported in that preview thread. I have not been able to play for a couple of days due to PC issues and then a few days prior due to real life. Anyhow...this is what I remember...

We went to the "new" cragmire crypt. I went in my T2 gear while the rest of the group was in new gear and all were at 100K+ HPs and I was at 34k with my old set.

Notable change that I have not seen mention: when you die and respawn at the unlock spots you gear does not take damage.

When you trigger a trap, you gear can take minor to major damage as well as the major damage you take.

As we were there not for the loot but for the "new" dungeon loot was not a primary concern.

Boss loot was noticed by several of us, in being personal. I do not remember if it was BOE or BOP nor do I remember if it was class specific.. The actual loot has to be looted. Not everyone on each boss will always get loot. We ranged from no one getting any boss loot to everyone getting a drop.

Enchants proc loot is now auto looted. IE Dragon Hoard, Fey Blessing, etc.

New Seals: If I remember correctly are auto looted, but may be part of when you loot the bosses you "personal loot' is auto looted including the seals, so no more pressing F either.

I honestly cannot remember on trash loot. I do not remember need or greed boxes popping up but I was a wee bit busy trying to stay alive, which I managed better then the rest of my pug even in my gear. Maybe due to me thinking it was gonna be harder and would react instantly when I could to attacks. We were getting sound effect lag at times. ( Was reported)

Not gonna spoil the boss fight or mini boss fights.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    It's about dang time. I've been screaming for this from the very begining. I'm overjoyed to finally have it happen.

This gets a Sockmunkey seal of approval.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Gear damage? :eek: That's not something I've seen mentioned anywhere in the patch notes. How does that work?

It's not the gear that gets damaged but your body parts. Ya know that little figure next to your portait with all the red boo-boos on it. Some traps can turn ya all red with embarrassment. :o
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I think @cayapp meant character instead of gear, when talking about taking damage either from traps or dying. In other words, Injuries.
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • kahfakahfa Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    Enchants proc loot is now auto looted. IE Dragon Hoard, Fey Blessing, etc.

this is probably the best news i've heard from preview
    Misfits
    edited March 2015
    I think @cayapp meant character instead of gear, when talking about taking damage either from traps or dying. In other words, Injuries.

:-) Let me clarify...you take personal damage ( big HP drops) and also have to immediately use repair kits for your gear/paper doll in the corner. We all explain it a bit different. Almost all the traps I tripped ( was doing it on purpose) need at least one repair kit, some traps needed multiple repair kits, and yes would take some heavy damage as well.

What Valwryn explained as well....

<---not quite awake
  • ratjamratjam Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    cayapp wrote: »
    We all explain it a bit different

Nope, everyone knows they are called injury kits. This is not diablo.
  • wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015
    i love the news that dragon hoard may be auto grabbed. and i really like the idea of personalized loot and no rolling on stuff. i hope this makes it to live.
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    a good alternative, if this hits live i will have to clear my ignore list.... and readd people as they steal my quest stuff.
  • buzzardsbaitbuzzardsbait Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    This HAS to be the BEST news I have ever seen on these forums. If this turns out to be true, they will certainly make some money off me. That need - greed garbage was the worst thing I have encountered in this game.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm jive with this change, less drama is definitely a good thing! ;)

You keep bringing logic to the irrational masses... Preach on brother! :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, yes, yes !!! If this is something that the game does I will buy a ton on zen to celebrate. Also all those "pick greed or else" kickers will have to come up with a new excuse to kick people now.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Alas, it won't cure the toxic culture of kicking/excluding people not geared as godly as the hosts of a dungeon run. It'll only cure the PUG problem somewhat.
  • methecsgodmethecsgod Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Tremendous news.
    edited March 2015
    I am gonna be honest, if people are still gonna kick before they bosses...the new mechanics will ensure failure at least for this mod you will need a full group and your still gonna wipe a bit.

But this thread is about the changes in looting. :cool:
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Ever since World of Warcraft added personal loot I have hailed it as the best thing ever. I am very very glad neverwinter is getting it too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    ...let's just hope it's unbound or at the very least BoA, not BoP.
    edited March 2015
    ...let's just hope it's unbound or at the very least BoA, not BoP.

I just checked my boss drops on preview from the new Cragmire Crypts, the epic gear drop I got is Bound to Character...so I will assume BOP since it is auto loot. Not been able to test much for the last few days due to PC issues. Mind you...we failed on the final boss, so not sure on chest vs last boss loot.

Also keep in mind...this was only one run, and we did not kill the last boss, it is not a huge sample to draw final conclusions.

/edit I should say we were unable to kill the final boss.