What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Streaming your foundry quests!

Comments

• Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Back from a brief re-modeling after being charged with captive portal summoned Imp abuse, Arena of Calimport is once again serving the public!

(15 minutes) Arena of Calimport [NW-DQQRXNNUP] (scalable 1-5 players)

You've heard stories your entire life about the spectacular combat events held there.

Now, a representative of the arena has provided you VIP tickets and a ship passage for you and your friends to visit them and experience the VIP suites and amenities they provide for discerning adventures as yourself.

- Arena Marketplace fully detailed with vendors selling useful items
    - 4 mini-vendor "quests"
    - A tiny "hint" of romance!
    - Duruk's Magical Weapons now open!

Also won screenshot of the week (twice!)
    vzGoNUA.png
  • Options
    asasinxasasinx Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    As to the stream itself, thanks again for running T1: The Village of Hommlet.

As I suspected, it didn't lend itself all that well to the livestream format, because there is so much character interaction in the first half.

-- @Gruffydd

That stream did run 2 hours! (yikes), but I did have fun playing that particular quest. I know I'll enjoy it more on my own (when there aren't 10 people watching over my shoulder as I get lost in a dungeon.

But hey! We live and learn, and I'm glad to take what we learned and use it to help the stream grow.

That being said, I do have to change the requirements of what we can put on the stream. As you know, I do have two awesome gamer kids who need to be in bed before 10pm. So please check out the requirements for your Foundry for our livestream.

I also want to take a moment to announce that, coming soon, we will be giving away prizes during random livestreams!
    (Please note that due to Twitch's Term of Service, any prizes are limited to U.S. participants only.)

Tonight's Foundry will feature "Crypt of Befallen v2" by Tipa and starts in 30 minutes!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
    Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys! Tonight's stream will feature Eldarth's "The Castle Gates".

I will be posting a schedule of our future streams and which Foundrys we'll be playing. Stay tuned for more news on that later.

I look forward to seeing you at www.twitch.tv/locksheon
    !
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    nickybarlow1nickybarlow1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Try out mine called The Weird Adventure.
    Code:NW-DDV25AJ6H
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    Umm? I don't have one called "The Castle Gates "

Oops! I meant "The Castle Gates" by reiwulf !!!
    Stream starts at 6:30 tonight! ;)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you very much Locsheon for stream my two foundries "The lost seneschal", it means a lot for me, and yes, I'm currently doing Act 3 as fast as possible :p

Next time you stream send a word on legit channel, I'm a legiter too, and it is my main chat, so most of the time I'm looking at it.

Was a bit late for me, about 01:00 am in Barcelona when you streamed it, but it's ok.

And thanks for the warning, it seems I forgot to re-publish "The lost seneschal, act 1" non-featured version, when they (cryptic) un-publish them all after some patch...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Thank you very much Locsheon for stream my two foundries "The lost seneschal", it means a lot for me, and yes, I'm currently doing Act 3 as fast as possible :p

Next time you stream send a word on legit channel, I'm a legiter too, and it is my main chat, so most of the time I'm looking at it.

Was a bit late for me, about 01:00 am in Barcelona when you streamed it, but it's ok.

And thanks for the warning, it seems I forgot to re-publish "The lost seneschal, act 1" non-featured version, when they (cryptic) un-publish them all after some patch...

Hey, no problem! I really enjoyed the quest! Sorry I butchered the dialogue so badly. :P I'm also really sorry that the stream got broken up into two parts. It was just a hectic night! I own my own computer business, so occasionally I get a lot of phone calls beyond my normal business hours. Last night was one of those nights. It's another learning experience! (Unplug/shut off the phones! LOL!)

I am eagerly awaiting part 3! :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I own my own computer business, so occasionally I get a lot of phone calls beyond my normal business hours. Last night was one of those nights. It's another learning experience! (Unplug/shut off the phones! LOL!)

You should look into these newfangled devices. I think they are called "answering machines." :p
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    You should look into these newfangled devices. I think they are called "answering machines." :p

:) Touche, sir!
    Stream starts in 10 minutes!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    If you watched the stream tonight, I apologize for the lag/jittery gameplay. After closing the stream, I noticed I had two instances of Neverwinter running. No wonder! :)

IPW5c1t.jpg

Nonetheless, I had a great time playing your quests! Well done! These were two of the most intricate and beautiful looking ones I've seen yet!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    SCHEDULE
    3/17 -Arena of Calimport and the "Murder Ball" PvP map :by Eldarth

W00t! Perfect timing - I'm upgrading my Internet from 2.9Mbps to 60Mbps !
    Hopefully I'll be able to watch live!
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thanks for the kind compliments in the review; I'm glad you liked it!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    3/14 -To Infinity, and BEYOND! : by torontodave

Ey man! Just watching now! Thanks for the video playthrough! I'm getting a lot of great info on how to make the quest better for groups.. (luckily Secult was able to join you at the dark "press F to throw up" screen, I breathed a sigh of relief!)

ArGH! on the running 2 instances of neverwinter.exe at once.. ;D That was lagging things up a lot.

Fantastic job man, I can't wait to watch more!
    (I hope you try it again solo, so you get to activate all the FX triggers, instead of Secult running ahead.. they only trigger once! ;D)

:cool::cool::cool: Thumbs up!
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    3/17 -Arena of Calimport ... :by Eldarth

One quick suggestion about Arena of Calimport - try to "regroup" back near the arena entry gate between "waves." Running around the edges might get you caught within an invisible wall during a combat wave.
  • Options
    lootpikelootpike Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hi everyone

I've created a Campaign called ''Warforged'' with 14 standalone quests inside (you can play them in any order you like). In this Campaign you will assume a role of a Neverwinter mercenary whose tasks will be plain and simple. Find, destroy, kill. Don't expect a lot of talking and reading or any elaborate story lines. All these quests are focused on pure combat.

If you guys enjoy hack & slash, skirmish type quests with non-stop action you are going to like these. If you are story driven you probably will not.

Each map i have created is unique in design and fun to play. I've put only the hardest monster encounters available in the foundry in all quests/acts, so it can be a challenging experience for everyone. And 3 of those maps i created are massive battle maps, where everyone can test his skills playing against large hordes of monsters. (massive battle maps can be good for testing various class feats and powers)

Enjoy :)

Campaign Type: Hack & Slash
    Campaign Difficulty: Hard
    Campaign Duration: 2h-4h (Each Act ~ 10-25 min (solo))

Campaign name: Warforged NWS-DJN4YXW9O

Warforged Act 1: Blockade NW-DSD2116HD
    Warforged Act 2: Witchcraft NW-DPJN43HT8
    Warforged Act 3: Skyrise NW-DQG8728OE
    Warforged Act 4: Pirate Coast NW-DNWTBAE3K
    Warforged Act 5: Shipwreck Cove NW-DGTQ29B4L
    Warforged Act 6: Lost Patrol NW-DJQYSLUB7
    Warforged Act 7: Final Stand NW-DCU83UY7M (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 8: Mt. Titan NW-DC4XKIJ4R
    Warforged Act 9: Dwarven Arena NW-DHBHSIQAS
    Warforged Act 10: Morlock Caves NW-DHCYJKPZC
    Warforged Act 11: Undead Siege NW-DDLL3JE49 (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 12: Ice Den NW-DGB8R5EG5
    Warforged Act 13: Prison Island NW-DKNWQ65E8 (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 14: Fire Pit NW-DN66A95FR
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    lootpike wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I've created a Campaign called ''Warforged'' with 14 standalone quests inside (you can play them in any order you like). In this Campaign you will assume a role of a Neverwinter mercenary whose tasks will be plain and simple. Find, destroy, kill. Don't expect a lot of talking and reading or any elaborate story lines. All these quests are focused on pure combat.

If you guys enjoy hack & slash, skirmish type quests with non-stop action you are going to like these. If you are story driven you probably will not.

Each map i have created is unique in design and fun to play. I've put only the hardest monster encounters available in the foundry in all quests/acts, so it can be a challenging experience for everyone. And 3 of those maps i created are massive battle maps, where everyone can test his skills playing against large hordes of monsters. (massive battle maps can be good for testing various class feats and powers)

Campaign Type: Hack & Slash
    Campaign Difficulty: Hard
    Campaign Duration: 2h-4h (Each Act ~ 10-25 min (solo))

Campaign name: Warforged NWS-DJN4YXW9O

Warforged Act 1: Blockade NW-DSD2116HD
    Warforged Act 2: Witchcraft NW-DPJN43HT8
    Warforged Act 3: Skyrise NW-DQG8728OE
    Warforged Act 4: Pirate Coast NW-DNWTBAE3K
    Warforged Act 5: Shipwreck Cove NW-DGTQ29B4L
    Warforged Act 6: Lost Patrol NW-DJQYSLUB7
    Warforged Act 7: Final Stand NW-DCU83UY7M (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 8: Mt. Titan NW-DC4XKIJ4R
    Warforged Act 9: Dwarven Arena NW-DHBHSIQAS
    Warforged Act 10: Morlock Caves NW-DHCYJKPZC
    Warforged Act 11: Undead Siege NW-DDLL3JE49 (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 12: Ice Den NW-DGB8R5EG5
    Warforged Act 13: Prison Island NW-DKNWQ65E8 (massive battle)
    Warforged Act 14: Fire Pit NW-DN66A95FR

0_o

*cracks knuckles* Time to get to work!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys! Tonight's Foundry will be at 7pm. EST. However, tomorrow's will be cancelled, pushing the schedule back a day. Sorry, Eldarth! :P Gives you more time to break in that new internet!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys! Tonight's Foundry will be at 7pm. EST. However, tomorrow's will be cancelled, pushing the schedule back a day. Sorry, Eldarth! :P Gives you more time to break in that new internet!

No problemo. Install could take a few hours so wasn't sure if I'd get up and running under the wire anyway. Now I should definitely be there (barring any work catastrophes as usual) :cool:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Ha! Dead World really fooled me too -- started a little slow but evolved nicely.

It felt like a mashup of Invasion! and Under Siege!
    Both of those are very interactive.

Edit: Thinking about it -- Under Siege (interactive/animation) might be a better pairing/following to Dead World than Arena of Calimport (3-waves of scaled mobs). Just a thought. Although Arena does have a fairly detailed marketplace.
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Really enjoyed your run-through of Befallen! I rarely get to see how someone else goes through my foundry quests... and I think I spotted the place where some people are accidentally falling through the second level into a place where there is no third level.

The next quests in the campaign aren't as fourth-wall breaking.

Also, yes, Neriak will appear in the final quest in the campaign, Bloody Kithicor (not yet written). Commander L'Rodd will be there :)
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Really enjoyed your run-through of Befallen! I rarely get to see how someone else goes through my foundry quests... and I think I spotted the place where some people are accidentally falling through the second level into a place where there is no third level.

The next quests in the campaign aren't as fourth-wall breaking.

Also, yes, Neriak will appear in the final quest in the campaign, Bloody Kithicor (not yet written). Commander L'Rodd will be there :)
    Ha! Dead World really fooled me too -- started a little slow but evolved nicely.

It felt like a mashup of Invasion! and Under Siege!
    Both of those are very interactive.

Edit: Thinking about it -- Under Siege (interactive/animation) might be a better pairing/following to Dead World than Arena of Calimport (3-waves of scaled mobs). Just a thought. Although Arena does have a fairly detailed marketplace.

I'm really glad you guys are enjoying the show!

Tonight's stream will be later than usual. My daughter has a choir concert that we're going to. IRL first :)
    No ETA, and if it runs long, we may have to cancel. ( I can hear Eldarth's screams from here.) lol!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    docsc00terdocsc00ter Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Loving the streams. Thanks for sharing!

When creating my Foundry quests, I always tried to rope a couple of folks into playing through the adventure with me right there in the room, looking over their shoulder, taking notes about the choices they made, where things worked, where they were confusing or difficult, (and, sadly, sometimes how quickly they blew through conversations and ignored plot... *sigh*)

Let me know if you ever wanna give one of mine a go. I'd love to be online with you when you're running it; that would be fun!

Doc
  • Options
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm really glad you guys are enjoying the show!

Tonight's stream will be later than usual. My daughter has a choir concert that we're going to. IRL first :)
    No ETA, and if it runs long, we may have to cancel. ( I can hear Eldarth's screams from here.) lol!

It's ok. Family comes first. Enjoy the concert. ;)
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    docsc00ter wrote: »
    Loving the streams. Thanks for sharing!

When creating my Foundry quests, I always tried to rope a couple of folks into playing through the adventure with me right there in the room, looking over their shoulder, taking notes about the choices they made, where things worked, where they were confusing or difficult, (and, sadly, sometimes how quickly they blew through conversations and ignored plot... *sigh*)

Let me know if you ever wanna give one of mine a go. I'd love to be online with you when you're running it; that would be fun!

Doc

I absolutely LOVE your quests, docsc00ter!!! I have played them multiple times. You can believe I'll be streaming them soon.

So yeah, we obviously cancelled tonight's stream, but I will be on tomorrow.
    We got all the parts for Corlex's new computer, but the processor is a dud, so I've gotta exchange it. (He was so bummed out.)
    Silvermist gets her computer Friday, so I'll likely be building it most of the day.

Tomorrow, we're doing Eldarth's Quests, and then we'll be back on Saturday!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Brief Foundry Announcement....

[h=2]COMMUNITY CONTEST - The Portal - 1,000,000AD Grand Prize[/h]
    Let's go for a really quick foundry slugfest!

The Portal

Portals take us on any number of untold, unknown adventures.

This contest you will create a portal that transports the player to an alternate plane, dimension, or reality.
    Overall goal is the discovery, activation, and destination environment for an unknown portal.
    Bring out your best ambience, environment, visuals and imaginations!
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Thank you so much for reviewing "the castle gates"! I'm watching the stream now, but I have a lot of trouble, because it plays for like 7 secs and then loads for 30+ is it always like this?
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Thank you so much for reviewing "the castle gates"! I'm watching the stream now, but I have a lot of trouble, because it plays for like 7 secs and then loads for 30+ is it always like this?

I stream at 1080p, so if you have a slower internet connection, it may need time to buffer. I'm in the process of moving the streams over to our Youtube channel as well, so you might have better luck there. Yours is uploading as I type this.
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming