test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has "1 totaly strange and unexpected thing" been defined?

fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I am curious as to what "1 totally strange and unexpected thing" turned out to be. Was there ever a reveal?

The other hints too for that matter :P
Post edited by fantasycharacter on

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No and I won't hold my breath that it will be seen on Mod 6 launch. Maybe that "1 strange and unexpected thing" will be that Mod 6 is released without any game-breaking bugs. I know, one is allowed to dream right? :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am curious as to what "1 totally strange and unexpected thing" turned out to be. Was there ever a reveal?

Well, we can work it out by defining the others...it might be the change to the stat curves, but IDK. I am assuming the huge things are the level cap raises and the "new" areas. I am sure if we list all the major changes, we can work out what the different things are though.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    A mod without dungeons skirmishes and campaign is definitely something strange and unexpected
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hmmmm.... "1 totally strange and unexpected thing" eh?

Could it be that the universe achieves perfect balance and, for a brief moment in time, everyone is happy?

Hey, it is a fantasy game, right?
  • Options
    overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Yes it has been defined, it is called marketing.

#reality
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Minsc and Boo was strange and unexpected, right?

My apologies in advance if you weren't looking for an actual answer, but just wanted to start another gripe thread.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    A mod without dungeons skirmishes and campaign is definitely something strange and unexpected

LOL +1

lirithiel wrote: »
    Maybe that "1 strange and unexpected thing" will be that Mod 6 is released without any game-breaking bugs. I know, one is allowed to dream right? :p

Have you seen the mess that they have on preview at the moment , I wouldn't count on a bug free release, then again a miracle could be described as strange and unexpected..

Also the unnecessary removal of the campaign shortcut chests from the celestial coin store is strange and definitely unexpected.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    Minsc and Boo was strange and unexpected, right?

My apologies in advance if you weren't looking for an actual answer, but just wanted to start another gripe thread.

My apologies if this isn't some sort of veiled attack?

How are you seeing a gripe in my post plz?

I guess Minsc and Boo could be unexpected.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    My apologies if this isn't some sort of veiled attack?

How are you seeing a gripe in my post plz?

I guess Minsc and Boo could be unexpected.

Unfortunately, read the replies above. Threads like this tend to just attract the worst sorts of response in this forum. The possibility of successfully generating constructive dialog here is approximately 3,720 to 1
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately, read the replies above. Threads like this tend to just attract the worst sorts of response in this forum. The possibility of successfully generating constructive dialog here is approximately 3,720 to 1

Gives us something to do while we wait for maintenance to break down and get extended by two hours. With their track record can you blame us for the negative responses?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited March 2015

Still better odds than getting the Eye of Lathanader artifact :)
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Gives us something to do while we wait for maintenance to break down and get extended by two hours. With their track record can you blame us for the negative responses?

Considering the disgrace they have on preview with less than a week until launch and the compete lack of engagement with the community regarding the new mod from the developers what do they expect , the module 6 build on preview at the moment is an utter joke.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    pointsman wrote: »
    Still better odds than getting the Eye of Lathanader artifact :)

What you still don;t have one? My Archer HR has gotten it three times while my Combat HR has got it four times ^^

But then I run the DR lair every single day, barring the odd exception, well until Mod 6 comes in five days when I'll never set foot in there ever again.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• Options
    edited March 2015

I was just hoping they had revealed what was meant by their hints was all.

I don't mind the retorts, but that is just me :P
  • Options
    szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited March 2015

New Akro's hair color.
    200_s.gif
  • Options
    forcemajureforcemajure Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    ...I wouldn't count on a bug free release, then again a miracle could be described as strange and unexpected..

I think we have a winner. The hint was describing the development team's plan of counting on a miracle. Unfortunately, the release patch notes will say: "Do to events beyond our control, the 'strange and unexpected thing' did not occur."
  • Options
    matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I got it, we can fix the bugs ourselves, like we had a lego game, we can take all the stones and build our own dungeons. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reducing by 64% the Astral Diamond per minute cost of rushing companion training was unexpected and unannounced, but not strange.

Ironzerg79's suggestion of Minsc and Boo seems best so far.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited March 2015

HA! exactly.

Maybe it was that they were just re hashing the game over, but with the fix of everything we just did, will be 100% harder, and you get the same rewards.. who saw that coming =P ..
  • Options
    wildwolf8wildwolf8 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited March 2015

that's how i feel
  • Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The UNEXPECTED thing is that the Tree planted in the center of PE is actually a trojan horse. After enough elemental seeds are donated to it, it will evolve into the Elemental Ent God and destroy Neverwinter from within. This story wil be the basis of Druids becoming the next class. :p
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    edited March 2015

...that'd be the availability of both the new artifact weapon and off-hand by finishing a mere quest as opposed to a month of grinding, treadmilling, random-"_almost_-what-you-wanted"-result high-cost crafting, and "blood, toil, sweat and Tia's..."

At least, that's what hit _me_ as totally unexpected, and even a bit strange.

But I reckon the devs suspect our frustration tolerance will be totally consumed by the level cap upgrade.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I was hoping the strange an unexpected thing would be positive changes to the game, but it doesn't seem to be so.
  • Options
    reds351reds351 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    What you still don;t have one? My Archer HR has gotten it three times while my Combat HR has got it four times ^^

But then I run the DR lair every single day, barring the odd exception, well until Mod 6 comes in five days when I'll never set foot in there ever again.

I have run it since it was released with no eye
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Considering the disgrace they have on preview with less than a week until launch and the compete lack of engagement with the community regarding the new mod from the developers what do they expect , the module 6 build on preview at the moment is an utter joke.

Oh it doesn't matter. Any legitimate complaint is greifing and any realistic prediction based on actual development history is "gloom and doom".

Can't really expect the forums for an inferior product to be less than 75% complaints and 25% fanboi sugar coated rose colored glasses corporate marketing stuff.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    valwryn wrote: »
    The UNEXPECTED thing is that the Tree planted in the center of PE is actually a trojan horse. After enough elemental seeds are donated to it, it will evolve into the Elemental Ent God and destroy Neverwinter from within. This story wil be the basis of Druids becoming the next class. :p

This is actually a pretty cool idea, nice job :)
  • Options
    laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2015
    ...that'd be the availability of both the new artifact weapon and off-hand by finishing a mere quest as opposed to a month of grinding, treadmilling, random-"_almost_-what-you-wanted"-result high-cost crafting, and "blood, toil, sweat and Tia's..."

At least, that's what hit _me_ as totally unexpected, and even a bit strange.

But I reckon the devs suspect our frustration tolerance will be totally consumed by the level cap upgrade.

Are you THAT naive? They're so easy obtainable so people can start spending $ on refining stones immediately and not after months of grinding for art gear.
  • Options
    sapientsatissapientsatis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I am curious as to what "1 totally strange and unexpected thing" turned out to be.

RP system removal? Fair PVP match making? Bugs fixing?
    No, devs would never dare to do such things. It would be TOO strange and unexpected :D
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Open world, maybe?
    And foudry ccontribute to construction of world. (like Second Life and Neverwinter Nights)