test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 3/12 6 AM PDT (Pacific)

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited March 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey Everyone,

We will having our regularly scheduled maintenance tomorrow 3/12 at 6 AM PDT. Estimated downtime is approximately 4 hours due to some additional maintenance we need to perform.

No Patch notes this week.

We'll keep you posted here with updates during the maintenance.

Thanks,

Akro

Maintenance has begun. Estimated downtime is 4 hours. For more information: http://bit.ly/1AmWDlv

Update - 7:26AM PDT: Maintenance is progressing normally

Update - 8:41 AM PDT: Maintenance is still underway. We will keep you updated as the situation develops

Update - 9:24AM PDT: Maintenance has completed early! Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    The preview server came down as well. Will there be any patch notes for that?

--Dhenn
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    No patch? Well yeah, the game is in tip-top shape, no need to fix anything, oh wait it's a 4 hr downtime AGAIN and no patchnotes, hmm, this is gonna be another stealthfix something most likely. Not to mention that cuz of muricans going DST 2 weeks early we europeans loose another hour of gametime right smack in the middle of the afternoon. Thank you Cryptic.
  • Options
    laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2015
    First you inform us that maintenance will take place at 15:00-19:00 CET, then right before servers are down you change it to 14:00-18:00 CET. So hard to decide?
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    No patch? Well yeah, the game is in tip-top shape, no need to fix anything, oh wait it's a 4 hr downtime AGAIN and no patchnotes, hmm, this is gonna be another stealthfix something most likely. Not to mention that cuz of muricans going DST 2 weeks early we europeans loose another hour of gametime right smack in the middle of the afternoon. Thank you Cryptic.
    Seems they're doing chat server maintenance too as I lost connection through XMPP as well. Besides, "maintenance" does not mean "patch." It means maintenance. There's three cryptic games that have maintenance at the same time, plus now it seems the chat server as well as the preview servers are undergoing it at well. As well, maintenance has been on the same day around the same time since the launch of the game nearly two years ago. This one day and time period should be expected by now as the normal maintenance day.

laiuss wrote: »
    First you inform us that maintenance will take place at 15:00-19:00 CET, then right before servers are down you change it to 14:00-18:00 CET. Hard to decide?
    It's been stated as happening at 6am Pacific and for 4 hours this whole time.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    elvenaar wrote: »
    No patch? Well yeah, the game is in tip-top shape, no need to fix anything, oh wait it's a 4 hr downtime AGAIN and no patchnotes, hmm, this is gonna be another stealthfix something most likely.

They never have patches for the weeks running up to a new module unless it is something really urgent and completely game breaking , they save everything up and release it all at the same time as the new module.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    laiusslaiuss Member Posts: 45
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    It's been stated as happening at 6am Pacific and for 4 hours this whole time.

Most people don't use game forum to check for maintenance time info. Such info is given in the launcher window. And there was 15:00-19:00 CET information.
  • Options
    torvinemtorvinem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 38
    edited March 2015
    Unfortunately it was publicised as "6AM PST, 2PM UTC" on gateway, and i missed the trick that the publication assumed that "UTC" (which does not move with Summer Time) had converted with the US clock changes. I can cope with EST conversion - but PST requires knowing another time zone.

Anyway - it would be really nice if UTC was either used consistently (GMT and no DST application) or was put as UK time.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    About this time of day every Thursday is maintenance time. It varies a bit from week to week and sometimes the announcements have errors for different time zones. But it is maintenance time. Get used to it (and maybe get over it!)

I'm expecting a big patch download containing a significant chunk of mod 6 content ready for launch next week. But I might be wrong.
  • Options
    braceguilderbraceguilder Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I know I'm not supposed to refer directly to devs...
    so... can someone tell them that every time utc times are wrong?
    currently is 13.31 UTC and the server is already down

was maintenance starting at 14:00 UTC or at 13:00 UTC???
    tell them to please get their times straight
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    It was supposed to be 1PM GMT - unfortunately Europe has 3 weeks of 1hr difference to normal conversions (US converted to Daylight Savings on 8th March - Europe goes on 29th March).
    At least we don't suffer from Southern hemisphere 2hr differences in one hit.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Yes, they "always" get the UTC times wrong, but they never get the PST/PDT times wrong, since that is the time zone Cryptic is in -- so just do the conversion yourself and stop complaining about it.

Every week...
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    i'm thinking free vorpal for all for the confusion. should suffice
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If the time is being given to a global market then UTC should be the one you get right.

The assumption that people who use GMT know when another timezone half a world away goes into daylight savings is just stupid.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I am not complaining myself - I stick my hands up and say I missed it!

BUT: I would love it if the website / gateway actually expressed it as UTC and not British(ish) time expressed with "UTC" acronym.
    I would then at least know where I stood, as UTC doesn't change for Summer/Winter.
  • Options
    bobby4700bobby4700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it true there fixing hearald rewards to not stack past 10 on this maintenance? just asking had heard it earlier in game .
  • Options
    soulwizzardsoulwizzard Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I just find it hard with the many games i play this is the only game that takes 2 to 6 hr to do a maint and let alone it will be mid afternoon here
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    zebular wrote: »
    Seems they're doing chat server maintenance too as I lost connection through XMPP as well. Besides, "maintenance" does not mean "patch." It means maintenance. There's three cryptic games that have maintenance at the same time, plus now it seems the chat server as well as the preview servers are undergoing it at well.

Indeed. The chat server crashed on more than one occasion this week where there was in-game silence across the board for a spell.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    OP says maintenance is still underway, but servers are up.
  • Options
    henry404henry404 Member Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    magenubbie wrote: »
    In the category of weird questions better not asked: Why does the OP link to itself?

Dunno, but I've been following those links for almost two hours now. I reckon there is a pot of gold at the end.... ;p
  • Options
    yossiz1974yossiz1974 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    akromatik wrote: »

We will keep you updated as the situation develops

That doesn't seem promising.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    volchitsa wrote: »
    OP says maintenance is still underway, but servers are up.

Akro didn't post that maintenance was complete last week either. DwightMC normally does though.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    volchitsavolchitsa Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    Akro didn't post that maintenance was complete last week either. DwightMC normally does though.

Thing is, that was minutes after Akro said it was ongoing.
  • Options
    akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »

I thought I had...darn. Well, I did this week and I'll keep doing so in the future. The maintenace complete message was, however, posted to our Facebook and Twitter pages.
This discussion has been closed.