test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Streaming your foundry quests!

gornonthecobgornonthecob Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 421 Arc User
edited June 2015 in The Foundry
Hey guys! I'm just stopping in to share some news. I've started my own streaming channel at www.twitch.tv/locksheon

This stream will be heavily dedicated to playing your foundry quests! So if you have any quests that you feel would be fun for us to play through, please list them here! We'll be keeping a list of requests we see in our chat and on this thread.

REQUIREMENTS:
-Foundry should run between 15-30 minutes.

-Dialogue must be quick and to the point. (Please believe me, I love a good story, but it's not ideal for streaming.)

-We like to see creative use of Foundry objects.

-Great visuals, and interesting mechanics are a plus!

-No farm/glitch/hack quests

-No foul language or questionable/overly morbid material. (This is a show for all ages!)

I look forward to playing your amazing stories!!!

qNJQ9Zf.jpg
@Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
Follow me on Twitch - Youtube - Facebook!
Post edited by gornonthecob on

Comments

• Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Are you more interested in short quests or longer quests?
    Combat-heavy or story-based?

I've got some I can recommend to you, but different folks like different things, so some idea of what you like would be helpful.

I'm guessing you're looking for high-combat, low-dialog quests, since watching a stream of someone reading dialog probably wouldn't be that interesting, but you never know... :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Given your avatar and what it says below your sig, you might enjoy "T1: The Village of Hommlet" in the "Temple of Elemental Evil" campaign. It's a full conversion of the classic TSR module.
    It's got a lot of dialog in the village part of the quest, though, so I don't know if it would lend itself well to streaming.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd love to see someone play thru my "Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest" foundry.
    (...or any of mine that appeal -- even a stream-of-conscious examination of my PvP MurderBall map)
  • Options
    tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'm currently looking for people to run through The Crypt of Befallen :) It would be cool to see what someone else thinks about it. I also occasionally stream on twitch -- channel is tipa16384. Also on Forge.gg when I'm not on Twitch, as Tipa. Streaming is always echoed to Twitter (tipadaknife).
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I'm currently looking for people to run through The Crypt of Befallen :) It would be cool to see what someone else thinks about it. I also occasionally stream on twitch -- channel is tipa16384. Also on Forge.gg when I'm not on Twitch, as Tipa. Streaming is always echoed to Twitter (tipadaknife).

I have played Crypt of Befallen before, and I really enjoyed it!

As for what type of quests we're looking for, I would like to see quests that have great visuals, and rich story told through quick dialogue. I don't want to have a stream of book reading :) I WILL read through your quests during the stream though.

I will add the suggested quests to our list, and we'll definitely get to them! I hope that as I learn more about streaming (and more of our equipment gets mailed in) that the show becomes more entertaining with each episode.

Today's stream featured "The Tomb of the White Dragon" by Winin
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I have a lot of optional dialogue in mine, but none of the required stuff is particularly long, I think. Feel free to give mine a try!

(see my sig)
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey guys! I'm just stopping in to share some news. I've started my own streaming channel at www.twitch.tv/locksheon

This stream will be heavily dedicated to playing your foundry quests! So if you have any quests that you feel would be fun for us to play through, please list them here! We'll be keeping a list of requests we see in our chat and on this thread.

I look forward to playing your amazing stories!!!

qNJQ9Zf.jpg

Go ahead and put Whispers of an Ancient Evil... (NW-DFDAXX8VE) the Extended Edition, not the older featured version, to your list. It's fairly fast paced and relatively light on walls of text. Have fun!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Oh I'd love if you could play my latest quest "the castle gates". I'll keep watching your videos, the idea is very cool! :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Ooh, I enjoyed that one -- which brings up it's "sister quest" of mine:
    Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian [NW-DHHD2GTGJ]

They were both made for the contest, and I'd love to see how someone plays through it as well.
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Please do "Encounter at Sess'Innek Temple" short code NW-DRK59KPJO. There is not very much text but what there is needs to be read in order to understand the story, so I recommend a designated 'clicker' so you don't miss the few important story dialogs.

I think this quest fits your requested requirements fairly well!

ps: this quest is has a special dealy-o, where you might think you are stuck, but press on, it is part of the quest.
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    *raises hand*

My quest has Indiana Jones moments and is visually, really fun. ;D

Its in my signature. ;D
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Watched Tomb of the White Dragon last night -- nice job.
    It's nice to see someone play who actually enjoys the story/visual aspect.

One small thought -- some authors go to great lengths to alter the encounter costumes to fit the story and it is a bit difficult to see them at times. Might try getting closer to mobs before rush/attack, or maybe even changing camera angle if feasible.

Oh - and I would imagine most authors, myself included, definitely appreciate the "fresh perspective" comments of situations, visual appeal, etc. While building foundries I'm sure we all get "snow blind" to some of their imperfections and ideas for improvements. So thanks for that as well!
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    eldarth wrote: »
    I would imagine most authors, myself included, definitely appreciate the "fresh perspective" comments of situations, visual appeal, etc. While building foundries I'm sure we all get "snow blind" to some of their imperfections and ideas for improvements. So thanks for that as well!

This is really important. Sometimes a fresh set of eyes can be very helpful in finding overlooked errors. Definitely agree here.
  • Options
    valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Maybe you want to play "The Lost Seneschal, Act 1- NW - DFK8X6A57" and "The Lost Seneschal, Act 2 - NW - DIG5784G9" it's an old D&D module, or maybe you want to wait until I publish "The Lost Seneschal, Act 3" currently in progress...

Anyway, thanks for your time doing this.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    this evening i was supposed to watch the walking dead but god decided that i did the bad boy and crushed my antenna.
    soooooooo if i wanted to give foundry a try what s in your opinion the best one?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    rayrdan wrote: »
    this evening i was supposed to watch the walking dead but god decided that i did the bad boy and crushed my antenna.
    soooooooo if i wanted to give foundry a try what s in your opinion the best one?

Mine. Just kidding. Most of Eldarth's are good for exploration, Reiwulf does awesome map work, Tipa's give a good nod to the Everquest universe, TorontoDave's are shaping up the Spelljammer universe, Imaginarium(sp?) and Bardaaron's are fun too. Basically look at who posts fairly often in the Foundry Forums and you'll find some decent stuff. Also look into the Quest Database link at the top of the Foundry Forum section.
    Mine takes anywhere from 20-30 minutes based upon mount and can be quite challenging for leveling characters. Don't rush into combat, think strategically, is my hint. You'll see some pretty familiar faces in NPC's as well. The short code and quest name are in my signature, you'll want the most recent version, not the previously featured one.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Tonight's stream will feature Eldarth's "Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest"! And then, if it's not too late, we'll step into the Temple of Elemental Evil by imaginaerum1 !

Stream starts in about 30 minutes. See you there!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    How about streaming the Community Contest: Northern Docks contest entries?
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Imaginarium

Don't worry about the forum name. Someone had already taken every variant of my account name.
    Just search for @Gruffydd. :)
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    If you try "To Rescue A Kobold" I fully expect odd commentary. :D I try to not do plain and boring. (Previous contest entry.)

Any review good or bad helps! See signature for other quests.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Is it possible to watch the stream offline as a recording in case we miss it?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Hey thanks for the excellent run-through of Sess'Innek. I was very happy that you noticed so many of the details in the design of the quest; I can tell you are a foundry author! I was really tickled that you noticed the wisp in the swamp and the control panel next to the red doors!
    I was also amazed when you instantly recognized what EMH stood for!
    SPOILERS! SPOILERS! SPOILERS!

Here are a few other things that I think nobody has ever noticed before:

1) Sess'Innek is an actual Dungeons&Dragons demon lord character.
    The module's title was inspired by "Encounter at Farpoint" the episode where we first meet Q.

2) The Emergency Medical Hologram is Lathander, the Forgotton Realms god of renewal.

3) Android 0 is also known as "Ao" the over-diety of Forgotten Realms lore. When your character cuts off saying "Android 0, you're not..", the next word is "God", but you don't say that out loud because in fact he is.

4) If you notice, the name of the ship is "HMS Toril", which is the name of the planet Faerun and the Forgotten Realms take place on.

The idea for the bug in reality was inspired by "The Thirteenth Floor", and clearly there is influence from star trek and the matrix, but mostly from a particular Philip K <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> novel that I won't spoil for you unless you click this link. Instead of clicking that link you should read all of PKDicks books until you stumble upon it.
  • Options
    kithliskithlis Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    I'd always hoped to do a recorded play-through of Bone Idol so that my non-Neverwinter friends could see what I'd built but never got around to it. If you're looking for some filler, I'd love to see it streamed - but priority should go to those stalwart authors that are still building great, new things.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Bwahaha. Thanks for "breaking" Gruumsh's Tower of Conquest! :p

I had planned to just watch for about a half-hour but I was riveted to the stream, screaming at it "No! Don't go that way! Go back!"
    Nice to see it held up pretty well overall. Looks like I need to funnel you to meet with Harper Koril a wee bit more, and maybe put up a little more broken house wall when you drop out of the drain pipe. Oh! and that very first magic ramp you got up into the middle of the platforms shouldn't even be there! I'll have to double check it's Appear When setting.

I think I could move the magic ramp "light beam" a little at the ambush area -- the stash was on the other side of the bridge hidden behind the bushes.

Definitely loved all the commentary -- and hopefully your steraming will bring some attention to the foundry - every little bit helps.

If any of the following appeal to you, please throw them on the bottom of your list as well - love fresh eyes!

(18 minutes) Under Siege [NW-DDT6D6ABS] (Scalable)
    A small Dwarven keep is about to be sieged by the Winterforged.
    They need your help in it's defense!
    • Timed/"animated" advance of the Winterforged Siege engines
    • "Fire" Catapult volleys and Ballistas
    • Try to prevent keep walls from being destroyed and breached

(36 minutes) Rise of Ingeloakastimizilian [NW-DHHD2GTGJ]
    Sage Ramiel of Neverwinter has detected activity by the Cult of the Dragons in the Icewind Dale area.
    Lord Neverember has asked you to help investigate.

(15 minutes) City Skirmish [NW-DRTXTVIAC] (Scalable)
    If you've been into the Tower District in the last few months, you'll notice they've been digging tunnels in lots of places. This leverages those events and has Orcs breaching another part of Neverwinter just West of the Tower District. Lord Neverember and the Guard have sealed off the neighborhood, but there is a sizeable contingent in there and you need to go in and retake the neighborhood.

(33 minutes) Old Magic (Version 2.8.1) [NW-DGBLCWRFP] (Scalable)
    Help an old Sage find some lost tomes from pre-Spellplague times in the Tower District.
    • Detailed Tower District map w/plenty of room for parties
    • A touch of parcour (interacting/climbing houses/ruins)
    • New monster(??)
    • Huge Orc BBQ
    • Slaves to rescue
    • Reunite a little girl and her dog
    • Carefully timed/animated final encounter
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    Reiwulf does awesome map work
    Oh stop it, you're making me blush ;)
    I'm glad people enjoy my maps, it's what I most enjoy making :D
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited March 2015
    From an authors perspective, I can say that it's really great to watch someone play your foundry with commentary.

When tipadaknife(forum name? ingame he's @tipa) did a video playthrough of mine, I got all kinds of insight as to how someone else might play my 'vision' of a quest. It really helped from an authoring standpoint.

So I hope all you foundry streamers get lots of views. Once you have 10+ archived, we can harrass Akro to do a player spotlight on you, so that the archive gets some launcher views. =D

*huzzah* to the foundry!
    more love to the foundry!

edit: tipa's video review can be found on the thread in my sig
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

*huzzah* to the foundry!
    more love to the foundry!

HUZZAH! Tonight's stream starts in 1 hour! Featuring The Village of Hommlet and Whispers of Ancient Evil

Head on over to www.twitch.tv/locksheon

See you there!
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Is it possible to watch the stream offline as a recording in case we miss it?

Yes! I have Twitch save my Past Broadcasts! :)
    @Locksheon

Locksheon Gaming
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    HUZZAH! Tonight's stream starts in 1 hour! Featuring The Village of Hommlet and Whispers of Ancient Evil

Head on over to www.twitch.tv/locksheon

See you there!

Hiccups and all it was good. Useful bug information: If you can click all day and not receive the quest, you will need to withdraw the quest and re-publish it in the Foundry editor. After doing so, it worked fine. My quest is definitely "story-lite" compared to many others. It's meant to link the Dread Ring Campaign to the Tyranny of Dragons/Rise of Tiamat Campaigns. F.Zatar is Fadme Zatar, the Thayan Relic agent in the Dread Ring and apparent co-hort of Rath Modar. Talis is found in the print material from Wizards.

Tidbits and such (see if you can find them) :
    * The trolls randomly scattered about and chasing boars are a link to Neverwinter Nights 1 East Road area.
    * The choice of the objective Rescue the Horses is partial to my daughter, who loves horses. It also gives a sense of randomness, because the horses never run the same way every time. The same applies to the trolls chasing the boars. They have actually stumbled across into both the Zhentarim agents objective and the Thayan envoy in different test runs. Where they go is completely random every time.
    * The choice to include a renowned hero, was a tough decision believe it or not. I wanted to include them, but I didn't want to disrespect the character, so they do not join you but instead point the way and move on. I mean, who doesn't like getting directions from celebrities...
    * Kobold Commnado is a throwback to the flame arrow shooting kobolds from Baldur's Gate series. I tried using flame arrow encounters, but the kobolds were floating in mid-air, and that didn't seem right. So instead they are essentially reskinned goblins.
    * The Harper Agents, could also be found far, far, away...in a galaxy somewhere...(they'll be a running gag to find in future quests)
    * The beginning banter with Nobleman Burkhard is an homage to @Tipa's original review from the CotD contest.
    * I ran out of encounters (50/50) on the map, half of it has several random Trolls attacking boars, because I liked the map's wide open outdoors look and didn't want to leave it completely empty.
    * Dragonsoul Azzedar wasn't seen in the stream. I killed him while letting @Locksheon drop the Ogre Mage. He has a custom Red Dragon themed costume and breathes fire. (He's a reskinned Kobold Wyrmpriest that I wish I could give more HP.)
    * The bonus areas we went through are also meant to occupy players after re-spawn should they die during the Ogre Mage fight.
    * The directions for the Cultists to go to Icewind Dale work wonderfully (by pure irony I might add) in linking to both @Winin and @Eldarth's CotD quests, also it links to the Portal of Tuern quest in the actual ToD campaign.

Once again, thanks for the stream and doing the quest. It's meant to be a fast, informative, and fun quest.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Whoops. Sorry I missed the second quest. I thought due to the issues with accepting the correct version it was being put off until tomorrow.

As to the stream itself, thanks again for running T1: The Village of Hommlet.

As I suspected, it didn't lend itself all that well to the livestream format, because there is so much character interaction in the first half. More than was actually done in the stream, since the quest only requires you to talk to enough people to have al the "core topics" covered, and there are three NPCs available for each topic.
    There's about 1/3 more village to be seen, centered around the druid's grove for the most part, and a number of other NPCs to talk to, if you want all of their stories. If you really want all of the background story, the old groundskeeper, one you have learned about the big battle from years ago, will give you the entire story of that battle. There are even a couple of optional mini-quests that didn't get touched on, one involving a broken magic hammer (ties in with the deklo wood quest), and one involving the braumeister's apprentices.

Like I said, this is the full module converted to Neverwinter. New assets from the new mod permitting, the second module in the series (which will involve a lot more combat, since it's the first part of a massive dungeon crawl) will be coming out within the next few months.

-- @Gruffydd